Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My Sonics arrived from Target.com today:

5E68A8B9-8497-40F4-AE8F-9ABECDC06D76_zpsvgfzxefm.jpg

Now they match the Rosalinas I got from Target.com:

7BC4DB53-571F-4494-9AF1-6A1A491C2F98_zpsntelqyds.jpg
Why would they package them like that!? Especially with Rosalina, there seems to be enough space for both not to have to be bent. I am glad now that I only ordered Sonic. That way there is no need for them to bend it, even though my sonic should have been here on saturday and my tracking hasn't updated since last wednesday. Sigh. Sorry that happened to you and others.

Someone suggested to form some sort of alert system about when certain amiibo come up? I would second that. That way we can all get notified on our phones or pop-ups on our desktops and we go straight to the website/link. We can look for mainly wave 4 pre-orders and perhaps some rare amiibo like Villager, WFT, Marth, Pit, Little Mac, C. Falcon, Ike, King Dedede and so on lol

Tenso is very good. I just used them for some games and amiibos. They literally just slap a new address label on any box that comes for you. They don't repack items.

When using them, keep in mind they charge you a fee per package. They won't combine packages for you, so if you order from third parties your fees/shipping could quickly get out of hand. I've only been buying items that are fulfilled by Amazon so they'll ship together in one box.
About how much does Tenso charge for shipping to the U.S.?

Tenso is very good. I just used them for some games and amiibos. They literally just slap a new address label on any box that comes for you. They don't repack items.

When using them, keep in mind they charge you a fee per package. They won't combine packages for you, so if you order from third parties your fees/shipping could quickly get out of hand. I've only been buying items that are fulfilled by Amazon so they'll ship together in one box.
They are very good. I used them for Amiibos and important a new model 3DS. I had 4/5 from a wave 3 order come unharmed (something came loose in international shipping). They do open everything and count to fill out the customs and make sure the Amazon packing slip matches the contents as well, but that also causes some Amazon packing to occasionally come loose.

They do offer package consolidation, but it costs extra. However, that 800 yen (so it quotes in the example) is cheaper than 2500 yen to ship separately.

http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/package/index.html

Game UK has Wave 4 preorders up

when will they hit North America?
If its game.co.uk they actually had them up for quite a while, they were the first pre-orders up that I saw

I ordered most of wave 4 from them Ness and Lucina on the 16th then ordered robin on the 17th and did charizard on the 21st all in January .

Why would they package them like that!? Especially with Rosalina, there seems to be enough space for both not to have to be bent. I am glad now that I only ordered Sonic. That way there is no need for them to bend it, even though my sonic should have been here on saturday and my tracking hasn't updated since last wednesday. Sigh. Sorry that happened to you and others.

Someone suggested to form some sort of alert system about when certain amiibo come up? I would second that. That way we can all get notified on our phones or pop-ups on our desktops and we go straight to the website/link. We can look for mainly wave 4 pre-orders and perhaps some rare amiibo like Villager, WFT, Marth, Pit, Little Mac, C. Falcon, Ike, King Dedede and so on lol
My sonic had no tracking info from target but it showed up today in perfect condition. It still has no tracking info. I ordered 2 king dededes and now I have a horrible feeling that they are going to be bent to shit. I guess I'll find out Wednesday supposedly and report back. I should have just bought 1.

Finally done with Wave 3, I have a great gamestop so they just let me have Ike and Dedede now, even thou I ordered 1/05/15. I went a little amiibo crazy this time so I'll be posting my extras on the trade thread soon, figured I'll get a copy of the exclusives sealed just to remind me of the hunt. Anywho on to Wave 4 CAGs
Did you just randomly go to GS and ask them if you could have preorders or did you get a call saying you could go and pick it up?

My sonic had no tracking info from target but it showed up today in perfect condition. It still has no tracking info. I ordered 2 king dededes and now I have a horrible feeling that they are going to be bent to shit. I guess I'll find out Wednesday supposedly and report back. I should have just bought 1.
Good if my Sonic isn't lost then it should show up without any damage. Yeah your King Dededes' might be bent :( I hope they aren't though. Keep me posted!

[attachment=12491:Wave 3.jpg]
It's a Miracle!!! Target actually didnt mess up my two King Dedede's, this marks the end of my wave 3 hunts (well except I'm missing a Bowser for the 2nd set lol).

[attachment=12490:Target Dedede.jpg]

It's been stressful and fun overall, I decided to make 2 full wave 3 sets despite not preordering anything in Wave 3 and I had no intentions of paying premium prices of any of them and managed not to. I had no idea they were suppose to be this difficult to aquire. Had I known I probably would've given up. But overall I got really lucky. Target was definitely the MVP retailer as I was able to nab Rosalina, Ike, Dedede, Sonic, and Megaman including extras for trades, was really lucky that the latter 4 all popped up when I was avalaible at the computer. Got Bowser, Sheik, and Toon Link from Best Buy with GCU. Now Lucario, Meta Knight, and Shulk was an absolute pain to get. I got my first Lucario during TRU restock last week after checking numerous times the TRU employee hates me. Traded Extra Megaman + Sonic for 2nd Lucario and $10. Got 3 Meta Knights during BestBuy.coms 10 minute window last monday. Traded the extra Meta Knight for Shulk, Traded extra Ike for the 2nd Shulk and that was it. Hope I can just preoder all Wave 4's and don't have to go through that again!!!

I received a bent to shit Dedede from Target today by itself. Received a Sonic from them last week that was in flawless condition. It is what it is, though...it only kind of sucks because I ended up with a second Dedede from another source, so this one was going to be trade bait. Oh well.

Alright guys, I've set up a LINE Alert/Chat for everyone here. We've had great success using this on Neogaf.

Please download LINE for either Android, iOS or PC. Sign up for an account, then PM me with your username and I will give you the invite links to the rooms. There is no need to give your mobile number to LINE. Just use a throwaway Facebook account to sign up.

There are two rooms. The chat room is free for all. Talk about whatever. You can turn notifications off for this room so you don't get a beep every message.

The Alert room is ONLY for Amiibo alerts. Nothing else is allowed in this room as if you want Alerts, we will have to leave the notifications on for this one, that means we can't disturb people sleeping.

Here is a sample format of how you should post anything that comes up in Alerts.

US Lucina on Amazon
*insert direct link*

If someone misses it or needs to comment, please don't post in the Alerts. Jump over to the regular chat and discuss to your heart's content.

Also, go into Settings > Notifications and then uncheck "Group Invitations" so you don't get a notification beep every time someone joins the chat.

Limit is 100 members. Please don't get worried if I don't respond to the PMs. For some reason I don't get proper notifications. So I will be checking manually every couple of hours.

attachicon.gif
Wave 3.jpg
It's a Miracle!!! Target actually didnt mess up my two King Dedede's, this marks the end of my wave 3 hunts (well except I'm missing a Bowser for the 2nd set lol).

attachicon.gif
Target Dedede.jpg

It's been stressful and fun overall, I decided to make 2 full wave 3 sets despite not preordering anything in Wave 3 and I had no intentions of paying premium prices of any of them and managed not to. I had no idea they were suppose to be this difficult to aquire. Had I known I probably would've given up. But overall I got really lucky. Target was definitely the MVP retailer as I was able to nab Rosalina, Ike, Dedede, Sonic, and Megaman including extras for trades, was really lucky that the latter 4 all popped up when I was avalaible at the computer. Got Bowser, Sheik, and Toon Link from Best Buy with GCU. Now Lucario, Meta Knight, and Shulk was an absolute pain to get. I got my first Lucario because during TRU restock last week after checking numerous times the TRU employee hates me. Traded Extra Megaman + Sonic for 2nd Lucario and $10. Got 3 Meta Knights during BestBuy.coms 10 minute window last monday. Traded the extra Meta Knight for Shulk, Traded extra Ike for the 2nd Shulk and that was it. Hope I can just preoder all Wave 4's and don't have to go through that again!!!
Hopefully my collection will look like that! I had to import Ike and King Dedede because finding them are just too hard. I pre-ordered an Ike from Amazon which I have, I pre-ordered King Dedede, Sonic and Mega Man from GS which keep on getting pushed back. I picked up Bowser, Toon Link and Sheik, I was able to get 2 of each. I have two Rosalinas, Shulks and Lucarios. I have one Meta Knight and imported another. I have a Sonic and Mega Man in the mail now. So I am still missing quite a few haha.

I ended up not getting my Ike from Gamestop today. They had them in, but only had 7 for the 15 or so preorders from before the cut off date. I was #8 :(. Did get Dedede at least.

Got my Mega Man today from BB. Now I just have to hope newegg comes through and ships DDD and I'm good on wave 3 other than the exclusives.

Alright guys, I've set up a LINE Alert/Chat for everyone here. We've had great success using this on Neogaf.

Please download LINE for either Android, iOS or PC. Sign up for an account, then PM me with your username and I will give you the invite links to the rooms. There is no need to give your mobile number to LINE. Just use a throwaway Facebook account to sign up.

There are two rooms. The chat room is free for all. Talk about whatever. You can turn notifications off for this room so you don't get a beep every message.

The Alert room is ONLY for Amiibo alerts. Nothing else is allowed in this room as if you want Alerts, we will have to leave the notifications on for this one, that means we can't disturb people sleeping.

Here is a sample format of how you should post anything that comes up in Alerts.

US Lucina on Amazon
*insert direct link*

If someone misses it or needs to comment, please don't post in the Alerts. Jump over to the regular chat and discuss to your heart's content.

Also, go into Settings > Notifications and then uncheck "Group Invitations" so you don't get a notification beep every time someone joins the chat.

Limit is 100 members. Please don't get worried if I don't respond to the PMs. For some reason I don't get proper notifications. So I will be checking manually every couple of hours.
PM Sent!

My GS didn't even care about the cut off date. They did first come first serve for those that preordered. No phone call or anything mentioning stock came in.

So my friend that works at Best Buy told me tomorrow they'll be getting Ike's. I'll try to be up there, that is, if the streets are clear. And Gamestop is getting them supposedly on Wednesday? Ugh.

I wish the BB site worked on showing if stock was avialble or not.  I checked there to see if I could find a Mega Man or Knight and it doens't give the option.  Before it did, but now its not an aviable option.  Also keep checking Target and Gamestops website, but so far nothing....well a Mega Man at a GS about 80 miles away. 

So my friend that works at Best Buy told me tomorrow they'll be getting Ike's. I'll try to be up there, that is, if the streets are clear. And Gamestop is getting them supposedly on Wednesday? Ugh.
I got a call from my GS about Ike and Mega Man ready for pick up today, but not Sonic. I think they're just coming in slowly...

Just hope they actually hold them until the weekend for me.

if anyones looking for sonic and mega man i have them coming from amazon.uk. i found them both at walmart and my impatience got the better of me. if anyones interested you can have them for what i paid and shipping

Forgot to mention this earlier, but my Ike Amiibo arrived at Gamestop today, with me picking it up. Also, I ordered the Sonic Amiibo from Amazon.it, with it currently shipped to America.

All that concerns me now is making sure that I order Lucina, Robin, and Pac-Man in terms of the Wave 4 Amiibos.

Forgot to mention. Got my Dedede order from Target today from Target.  One had a crease across the card, but the other 2 Dedede's were just fine. 

Anyone still looking for megaman and plans on opening it? I got a couple where the packaging isn't perfect (crease on one, scuff mark on the other). Would sell it at cost + shipping.

Just posted this in the trade thread and don't want to derail this thread, but I figure I might as well ask here to save someone trouble.

On topic, best buy finally packaged an amiibo improperly for me. Guess it was bound to happen.

I was in store on the 18th. I asked about my pre-orders and they told me they would be ready on Friday the 20th. I would expect a business to have a better feel about what is going in than to do a huge swing in one day, the 19th.

I learned my lesson though. I won't be pre-ordering from GS again.

Maybe the GS I chose is just awful. I may start to lean that way.
Why do you think a store employee has more information than a normal customer? The information in only known at the corporate level so unless you talked to corporate of course they aren't going to have that information

So I went to Gamestop to pay off my Amiibos that I preordered and they told me that they got my 2 Mega Man, Sonic, and an Ike in stock for me but said that my other Ike that I preordered won't be in until a later date when they get another shipment. I was fine with that so I make my purchase and get home. I checked my receipt and noticed they charged me for both Ikes even though they only had 1 in stock.
Called them and they said they'd take my name down for when they get another shipment in, call me, and have me come in with my receipt since if they return the order that was sold, my preorder wouldn't go back to my name. What I'm worried is that when Ike does come back in, I come in with my receipt and they deny me it since the employees might not believe me that I only received 1.
My advice, get a refund now. GameStop already said they only have enough Ike's for 1 preorder, even in May. Odds are very very low you will get another one. Seems like that manager was trying to scam you in my opinion. Not only did he lie and say they would get more, but he also charged you twice. i don't trust him

Why do you think a store employee has more information than a normal customer? The information in only known at the corporate level so unless you talked to corporate of course they aren't going to have that information
Is this a farfetched thing to believe?

Have anyone heard anything else about this?

468px-Amiiboadapter.png
Apparently it allows you to use amiibo on older 3DS systems.

I'm not sure if the whole thing got cancel or not.

They're gonna make us all run around in a big yard looking for golden amiibos in drainpipes. 

Is this a farfetched thing to believe?
As soon as any corporate memo is sent to store employees it is instantly all over Twitter, reddit and this thread. There is no news a GameStop employee knows that you can't find on the Internet if you're Looking at the right sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back