Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my first poorly packaged figures today. Dedede from Walmart. I got two and they packaged them sideways instead of top to bottom. It's not as bad as I've seen some and I can't really complain because the rest of the figures have been packaged great from Bestbuy and Target. Looks like I'll be opening this one up!

-J

Got my first poorly packaged figures today. Dedede from Walmart. I got two and they packaged them sideways instead of top to bottom. It's not as bad as I've seen some and I can't really complain because the rest of the figures have been packaged great from Bestbuy and Target. Looks like I'll be opening this one up!

-J
Greaaaaaaattttt now I bet mine will be like that too :(

hey moron, the number of posts doesn't mean everything. i'm sure lots of other people agree with me and don't want to have to read through all these scalping posts in order to find the useful info.
No one cares what a lurker, non-contributor, or someone who just joined the forum yesterday thinks about other people's posting habits.

hey guys. take your boxes and scalping to slickdeal. would prefer info on wave 3 and wave 4 orders without having to go through your scalping posts.
Most amiibos about 5 ounces. Bowser and King Dedede 4 pounds.
In just 2 total posts you've managed to contradict yourself by discussing amiibo weight and then telling everyone they need to quit discussing shipping box sizes. No one is discussing scalping. What a hypocrite lol. GTFO if you don't like what we talk about here.

He's just making joke about how heavy king dedede. The king is really fat D:
Seriously he's like 5 times heavier than any other amiibo I own.

It didn't. People can't stop from posting bullshit in this thread.
It was a joke. Mostly considering the guy is asking $1,000 for the Mewtwo custom. If you honestly thought I was making a surprise announcement about him being released and literally nothing else was being said about him while you're sitting on this thread or anywhere on the web... just wow.

Anyone waiting for Megaman, Sonic, or Ike from Gamestop: It's worth calling to see if they got their stock. Some have been getting them in early. I got a text to pick-up tomorrow, but called anyway and got mine today. I'm sure it will take some stress off for people waiting to get those amiibos.

Anyone waiting for Megaman, Sonic, or Ike from Gamestop: It's worth calling to see if they got their stock. Some have been getting them in early. I got a text to pick-up tomorrow, but called anyway and got mine today. I'm sure it will take some stress off for people waiting to get those amiibos.

Called GS about Ike and this....

Me: Do you have any Ike amiibos in?

GS: No but we did receive new shipments.

Me: Really?! Which one?!

GS: We got some more Zelda, Link and Mario.

Me: >.>

What a bait....

Little off topic:

So just bought a Red New 3DS XL off a dude from Craigslist (In a well-lit, crowded area, mind you) for $160. Guy was really cool, didn't look like he was into gaming at all though. Said he bought it, then looked at it and said, "Why did I buy this?" And by judging how it doesn't even look like the cardboard insert was removed, it doesn't seem he even took it out. No fingerprints or anything. He threw in Majora's Mask and his charger too. I was pumped. Until I got back to class (I met him on my lunch break, I have class Tuesday and Wednesday). I turned it on and was messing with it and noticed the stylus was broke. The stupid rubber end thing was separated from the rest of it. So I ran down to Best Buy and bought their crappy ass pack of stylus' and finally got a Mario Amiibo too. Well, turns out, the 3DS XL has a different sized stylus than the New 3DS XL. WTF? That's when I finally realized the New 3DS XL is just a money grab. Like the Amiibos, it doesn't really do anything besides look really cool, do 1 or 2 new functions, plus you gotta buy all this extra crap for it. But damn does Reggie make it look cool as hell up on that stage. fuck you, Reggie, I love you.

829.jpg

Little off topic:

So just bought a Red New 3DS XL off a dude from Craigslist (In a well-lit, crowded area, mind you) for $160. Guy was really cool, didn't look like he was into gaming at all though. Said he bought it, then looked at it and said, "Why did I buy this?" And by judging how it doesn't even look like the cardboard insert was removed, it doesn't seem he even took it out. No fingerprints or anything. He threw in Majora's Mask and his charger too. I was pumped. Until I got back to class (I met him on my lunch break, I have class Tuesday and Wednesday). I turned it on and was messing with it and noticed the stylus was broke. The stupid rubber end thing was separated from the rest of it. So I ran down to Best Buy and bought their crappy ass pack of stylus' and finally got a Mario Amiibo too. Well, turns out, the 3DS XL has a different sized stylus than the New 3DS XL. WTF? That's when I finally realized the New 3DS XL is just a money grab. Like the Amiibos, it doesn't really do anything besides 1 or 2 new functions and you gotta buy all this extra crap for it. But damn does Reggie make it look cool as hell up on that stage. fuck you, Reggie, I love you.

829.jpg
Loading time and quick switching worth the upgrade but again I do love my 3DS.

Little off topic:

So just bought a Red New 3DS XL off a dude from Craigslist (In a well-lit, crowded area, mind you) for $160. Guy was really cool, didn't look like he was into gaming at all though. Said he bought it, then looked at it and said, "Why did I buy this?" And by judging how it doesn't even look like the cardboard insert was removed, it doesn't seem he even took it out. No fingerprints or anything. He threw in Majora's Mask and his charger too. I was pumped. Until I got back to class (I met him on my lunch break, I have class Tuesday and Wednesday). I turned it on and was messing with it and noticed the stylus was broke. The stupid rubber end thing was separated from the rest of it. So I ran down to Best Buy and bought their crappy ass pack of stylus' and finally got a Mario Amiibo too. Well, turns out, the 3DS XL has a different sized stylus than the New 3DS XL. WTF? That's when I finally realized the New 3DS XL is just a money grab. Like the Amiibos, it doesn't really do anything besides 1 or 2 new functions and you gotta buy all this extra crap for it. But damn does Reggie make it look cool as hell up on that stage. fuck you, Reggie, I love you.

829.jpg
The 3D's great, you know, the function we've been trained to turn off because it sucked and drained battery life?

Little off topic:

So just bought a Red New 3DS XL off a dude from Craigslist (In a well-lit, crowded area, mind you) for $160. Guy was really cool, didn't look like he was into gaming at all though. Said he bought it, then looked at it and said, "Why did I buy this?" And by judging how it doesn't even look like the cardboard insert was removed, it doesn't seem he even took it out. No fingerprints or anything. He threw in Majora's Mask and his charger too. I was pumped. Until I got back to class (I met him on my lunch break, I have class Tuesday and Wednesday). I turned it on and was messing with it and noticed the stylus was broke. The stupid rubber end thing was separated from the rest of it. So I ran down to Best Buy and bought their crappy ass pack of stylus' and finally got a Mario Amiibo too. Well, turns out, the 3DS XL has a different sized stylus than the New 3DS XL. WTF? That's when I finally realized the New 3DS XL is just a money grab. Like the Amiibos, it doesn't really do anything besides look really cool, do 1 or 2 new functions, plus you gotta buy all this extra crap for it. But damn does Reggie make it look cool as hell up on that stage. fuck you, Reggie, I love you.

829.jpg
LOL! And we just eat it up! We can't help it!

For what it's worth, Amazon changed my Sonic preorder from release date to March 20th.

Annnnd then they updated it to March 3rd today.

Called GS about Ike and this....

Me: Do you have any Ike amiibos in?

GS: No but we did receive new shipments.

Me: Really?! Which one?!

GS: We got some more Zelda, Link and Mario.

Me: >.>

What a bait....
Similar experience with me. I asked the guy if they had any of the new amiibo, he got really excited and started rattling off Mario, Luigi, Samus... and I just got sad on the other end. He was really excited though. Made it even worse.

My GameStop (Madison, WI - West Side) seems to be one of the few that got enough Ike's to fill all pre-orders. I ordered mine on Dec. 27th but was still able to pick him up today. Got my Mega Man, Ike and Sonic, all done for Wave 3!

If you set KS city as your home store, Nebraska Furniture Mart has Mega Man, Fox (Sonic and Ike are oos) available for shipping.  

After the developments of the last couple of weeks, I think we finally know which wave 3B characters are going to remain hard to find.  It's the same ones we figured all along.  I hate the speculative rarity status beforehand hype but I think there's finally enough evidence now.  I'm sure the GS and TRU will continue to stock Sonic and Megaman in coming weeks the same way Toon Link and Sheik were distributed.  Their online purchasing windows have lasted longer and have been more frequent. 

seems it won't let you check out good find though

edit: lets me check out now...0 in stock missed it :(
That sucks. What step did it tell you that it was zero in stock? I added in the cart again and got to the page where you enter the address, but it wouldn't let me continue since I bought one already. It took me a good 5-7 minutes to figure out how to checkout. At first it said I had to choose shipping for each item but there weren't boxes to do that. Then I clicked the top right checkout button and it finally let me go through to the next page... after entering my information twice the order went through.

hey guys. take your boxes and scalping to slickdeal. would prefer info on wave 3 and wave 4 orders without having to go through your scalping posts.
asking about boxes doesn't mean you're a scalper. There are many uses for boxes.

theres a rumor gamestop will be getting more little mac and holy trinity. Employee said they appeared in the system again I guess? May just be for trade in purposes though.
doubt it will be any new inventory, at the most it will be left over or they're in the system as used.

I'm gonna check the NFM tomorrow since I live near that location. If they have any and if I'm able to get more than 1, I'll let you know.

It looks like Fox and Megaman are the only ones left.  Oh I should add they have Toon Link and Shiek as well but I don't think anyone is missing those at this point.

asking about boxes doesn't mean you're a scalper. There are many uses for boxes.

doubt it will be any new inventory, at the most it will be left over or they're in the system as used.
Remember the Port Strikes are stopping some of the amiibo shipments so the 4 of them could be getting past the post finally and can be on the way in a restock

Keep us updated if they actually ship. You could do the same thing some time back for a couple rare video games and they all got cancelled.
Alright, at least so far it says it'll ship in two days. It might be worth keeping an eye on the other two locations as well. For whatever reason it had my address as being from Georgia and that screwed up the inventory. I know the other locations didn't have them when I looked so I don't know if they sold out before or just haven't gone up yet.

For some reason I got a text for Mega Man being available tomorrow and a phone call that Sonic is available today. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow and pick them both up.

[JUST A RANT!]

Preordering from Newegg was a nightmare and a big mistake!

I placed preorders for wave 3 on 01/10/15. On 2/12/15, my card was charged for the full amount $98 as I received an email saying that it was being prepared for shipment. Not a single email since that date until today, 02/24/15, saying:

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to ship one or more of the items in the order below. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled. If we have already charged your order, please allow 3 to 5 business days for a refund of the out of stock item(s) to be processed. " 

I immediately called them, waited on hold for 45 minutes, just to literally be told to "life's not fair and I can't do anything about it" by the manager. He said Nintendo lied to them, saying that they could fulfill all preorders but they only were able to fulfill 20% of them. So basically, I am annoyed because I passed up a handful of opportunities for, at least, some of wave 3 since I thought I had already locked down preorders. $98 was charged to my card 12 days ago and I still won't see that money for 3-5 more days. Newegg Customer service told me "life's not fair and I can't do anything about it".

Note to Newegg: fuck YOU!

And this is why everyone should avoid newegg for amiibos. That and the horrible packaging.

So, with all the random restocks, does anyone find it odd TRU has basically been silent on getting even more Sonics or Sheiks in stock online?

Got Sonic and Mega Man. Now I regret putting in that Amazon UK order a week ago. Oh well, I'll hold on to them in case my European versions come broken or something, and then sell the US versions to friends that don't have them yet (at retail price, I'm not out to make money).
meh, eur packaging is better, sell or teade the us ones

[JUST A RANT!]

I placed preorders for wave 3 on 01/10/15. On 2/12/15, my card was charged for the full amount $98 as I received an email saying that it was being prepared for shipment. Not a single email since that date until today, 02/24/15, saying:

" We regret to inform you that we are unable to ship one or more of the items in the order below. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled. If we have already charged your order, please allow 3 to 5 business days for a refund of the out of stock item(s) to be processed. "

I immediately called them, waited on hold for 45 minutes, just to literally be told to "life's not fair and I can't do anything about it" by the manager. He said Nintendo lied to them, saying that they could fulfill all preorders but they only were able to fulfill 20% of them. So basically, I am annoyed because I passed up a handful of opportunities for, at least, some of wave 3 since I thought I had already locked down preorders. $98 was charged to my card 12 days ago and I still won't see that money for 3-5 more days. Newegg Customer service told me "life's not fair and I can't do anything about it".

What amiibos did you get shafted on? I got most of mine fulfilled today. They cancelled mine for Sheik though after it got stuck in "Packaging" limbo for a week.

[JUST A RANT!]

honestly that not surprising Newegg is notorious for taking orders yet not ever even getting the products in. Even stuff that they arent supposed to carry they advertise only to cancel orders later.

They had the same problems last year with the Bravely Default Collector Editions to: http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1wwugp/neweggcom_cancels_bravely_default_collectors/

as well as several other items.

[JUST A RANT!]

Dang man, how many of each did you order?

I've talked to Newegg support 7 time so far since the beginning of the month. My last phone call ended with the friendly lady telling me that they had fulfilled the first orders and are in the process of getting more shipped to them. She said that they had placed an order to their distributor on the 13th for more product. I'm not sure where I am gonna fall in believing any of this but that is my current order status.

I ordered 2 each of Ike, Sonic, Toon Link, and Megaman on the 1/12/15 and have not been charged yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back