Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So I went to the NFM in Kansas to see if they have Ike or DDD and the person working there told me one person bought up all their stock including Sonic and Megaman.

So does anyone know Gamestop's corporate phone number? I dragged myself over to the store I preordered Ike from after work today, and lo and behold, the manager tells me someone sold mine to someone else. That's it. Just a simple "Sorry, but you're gonna have to deal with it." kind of thing. They weren't rude about it, but that's what it boils down to.

Not too happy right now, but I'm so tired from work that I don't think I could be really steamed right now. I wouldn't take my disappointment out on her, anyway, but something needs to be done about this.
Yeah, the corporate CSR line is 800-883-8895 I believe but honestly, for that sort of thing, you're better off buying something at that G/S (like a piece of candy or something) or checking an old receipt from there and filling out the online survey with a negative feedback. Those get sent directly to the District Manager, and if you're upset enough (but polite, not all jerk-like) you'll likely get a direct call from the District Manager. The corporate line (after holding for over an hour) will likely tell you they'll "contact the RM or DM for you" but truthfully they probably won't do anything and you'll never hear from them. Hope that helps.

Yeah, the corporate CSR line is 800-883-8895 I believe but honestly, for that sort of thing, you're better off buying something at that G/S (like a piece of candy or something) or checking an old receipt from there and filling out the online survey with a negative feedback. Those get sent directly to the District Manager, and if you're upset enough (but polite, not all jerk-like) you'll likely get a direct call from the District Manager. The corporate line (after holding for over an hour) will likely tell you they'll "contact the RM or DM for you" but truthfully they probably won't do anything and you'll never hear from them. Hope that helps.
Thanks, I might just try doing that tomorrow after work. I'm not crazy on the idea of giving them any more business, but I'm sure there's something really cheap there I can grab. I'm guessing I can't just ask for the district manager's phone number, right? That'd be too easy.

You're not kidding about the wait time on the line, either. I waited about 20 minutes and got someone who I could barely understand (really thick accent - surprise - so I just hung up out of frustration).

So does anyone know Gamestop's corporate phone number? I dragged myself over to the store I preordered Ike from after work today, and lo and behold, the manager tells me someone sold mine to someone else. That's it. Just a simple "Sorry, but you're gonna have to deal with it." kind of thing. They weren't rude about it, but that's what it boils down to.

Not too happy right now, but I'm so tired from work that I don't think I could be really steamed right now. I wouldn't take my disappointment out on her, anyway, but something needs to be done about this.
I am sure they are sick of amiibos but if any stores have pre-orders no one picked up, the manager can probably talk the other store into selling it to you. Another option that they can do (but most likely won't) is file a product transfer from another store since they messed up.

Went to my local Toys R Us and they had about a dozen Shieks and Toon Links. They were $1 more, but I had a $5 cert so I got Shiek for about $9 (got Toon Link at Walmart).

They actually deleted the tweet so who knows what WM is doing with this variant.
Guessing that person screwed up and wasn't supposed to say anything since it hasn't been officially announced yet.

In any case, I'm going to wait until I hear something official (or at least corroborated by some employees) before taking everything they said as gospel. Not that I doubt them or anything, but it was Walmart Canada so who knows if the US will be the same. Plus it's hard to say how much knowledge the twitter person actually has (i.e. On the no pre-orders bit they could have been referring to the fact there are none up right now and just assuming, who knows).

Sorry to ask but anyone save the in store locators for Ike, MM and Sonic? The ones I saved don't work for some reason. 

Went to my local Toys R Us and they had about a dozen Shieks and Toon Links. They were $1 more, but I had a $5 cert so I got Shiek for about $9 (got Toon Link at Walmart).
I stopped by TRU after work and there were 8 Sheiks and like 18 Toon Links. Toon Link will probably become as common as Luigi and Zelda at this point. Sheik will probably be more like Fox or Samus.

actually now there is a purchase free link. https://gamestopcomments.survey.marketforce.com/?languageId=1 I wish I knew about this sooner.

If the Walmart Gold Amiibo thing is true, I'll just pay the piper on eBay. Not worth it to go to Walmart to search this one out.

I've made more than enough money flipping extra preorders that I can afford to pay whatever for one of these.

Thanks for that, too. I don't like the fact that I can't really rate them using that and can only just put something in the comments field, though - how can they tell if it's negative and that they should contact me about it?
I think it goes straight to the DM, so if they actually read them, they will contact you (assuming you ask them to contact you in the message).

Any idea why when I try to add most amiibo to a cart on BB for pickup it gives me a blank red banner and nothing happens? This particular store definitely has the item for sure but I keep running into this. Clicking on several other stores yields the same effect, but I've done it successfully with Pikachu for example.

EDIT: It's definitely a glitch, I was able to get around it by adding it first and THEN choosing a store. WTF?

I think it goes straight to the DM, so if they actually read them, they will contact you (assuming you ask them to contact you in the message).
I hope so. I'm not super angry about it, but I don't like the thought of letting them do something like this without some kind of reprimand. The manager didn't really seem to care that someone else sold it, she just told me she was sorry and that I would have to wait until they restock in a couple of months. That just doesn't seem fair (and yeah, I'm well aware life isn't fair, before anyone wants to throw that in here).

Picked up my preorders of mega man and sonic and ike at gamestop.

Told me no go on ike on Monday. I'm not complaining.

Just need DDD and wave 4 now

I had a hard time finding him. I went to 3 targets yesterday and I finally found 4 of him at the last target.
Yeah, I'm seeing he's pretty much nowhere online except ebay today and not in stock anywhere around except one Target.

Just kind of surprising since the official price drop just kicked in. On the other hand, Mario Party Yoshi will be out in a few weeks, which will probably serve as a replacement? I already have one Yoshi, but if this is really the end for the SSB version, I may go pick up another. Hmm

Any idea why when I try to add most amiibo to a cart on BB for pickup it gives me a blank red banner and nothing happens? This particular store definitely has what it for sure but I keep running into this. Clicking on several other stores yields the same effect, but I've done it successfully with Pikachu for example.

EDIT: It's definitely a glitch, I was able to get around it by adding it first and THEN choosing a store. WTF?
I've noticed that for a while now, but didn't realize there was a way around it.

Actually...its still messed up for certain ones. They will say N/A for store pickup, even though it lets you see that stores DO have it in stock, so you can never add it to your cart.

If the Walmart Gold Amiibo thing is true, I'll just pay the piper on eBay. Not worth it to go to Walmart to search this one out.

I've made more than enough money flipping extra preorders that I can afford to pay whatever for one of these.
Flipping extra pre-orders, aka, scalping?

http://goo.gl/forms/IDk1SqiokS

Please take this survey if you preordered any amiibos and fill it out to the end. I want to get an idea of which retailer is best for timeliness, proper packing and reliability as well as get a feel for the general state of amiibos.

Be sure to select No on any retailer page you did not preorder at and skip the remaining questions on the page by hitting continue at the bottom. Google forms doesn't have the logic to be able to skip retailer pages automatically if you don't select them earlier, so this is the concession. 

Tomorrow, I hope to have the results for everyone.

Hands down Amazon is the best preorder spot. Prime shipping. Big box for 1 amiibo. Guaranteed with your name on it. Tax free in most places. Good customer service. Fast and reliable. 1 click buying for the win

"I've made more than enough money flipping extra preorders that I can afford to pay whatever for one of these." Lol I doubt you just resold to pay for the cost of others so it evens out
The people at the amiibo launches I've waited in line for all did this. They simply bought extra, trade multiples for rates, sold preorders, or sold after they bought it to pay for others.

Really not uncommon. I'm sure plenty here have done so too.

The people at the amiibo launches I've waiting in line for all did this. They simply bought extra, sold preorders, or sold after they bought it to pay for others.

Really not uncommon. I'm sure plenty here have done so too.
I have extras for trade. I got all the store exclusives through trading. Nothing wrong having extras.

"I've made more than enough money flipping extra preorders that I can afford to pay whatever for one of these." Lol I doubt you just resold to pay for the cost of others so it evens out
I have no problem with scalping and have bought several that way as well.

Hmm...lets see. I paid $65 for Villager, 30 for Meta Knight, 25 for Falcon, 20 for Fox, 30 for WFT, 30 for Rosalina, 25 for Lucario, 25 for Marth. I believe the rest i paid retail for.

I've sold 3 Meta Knights, 2 Rosalina's, 6 Sheiks, 2 Mega Man, and 2 Sonics...

I've profited WAY less than I paid.

Not mention $75 i've spent for display cases.

How many cycles of the scalping/trading debate has this and the previous Amiibo thread gone through? Really at this point, who cares? You either pre-ordered one, two, a dozen, every Meta Knight in the world, stumbled on one in-store or paid more than retail. What people do or don't do with their money/amiibo is not mine or anyone else's problem. 

Yeah, who cares. Either you take the time to get what you want (yes, that means waiting in line, getting pre-orders when they are up, etc.), paying the higher online prices or trading multiples for what you want. 

Really makes no difference and the debate isn't going to change anything.

Nothing wrong with that, I've done the same.. Little Mac alone paid for all of wave 2, Still can't believe some are upset that on CAG of all places members buy low sell high. Heck even Shipwreck ordered an extra MM3D Collectors Edition.

How many cycles of the scalping/trading debate has this and the previous Amiibo thread gone through? Really at this point, who cares? You either pre-ordered one, two, a dozen, every Meta Knight in the world, stumbled on one in-store or paid more than retail. What people do or don't do with their money/amiibo is not mine or anyone else's problem.
I agree, but it would be nice if people would just shut up about it on both sides of the issue.

Your right there is nothing wrong with what people can do with their money whether they buy amiibos to keep or to sell ,however if you blatantly speak out and state that you purchased extra with the intent to resell in a topic filled with people who can'even purchase a single quantity of that item , its bound to piss some people off.

Just saying at this point if you are buying extra its best to keep if to yourself.

So does this debunk the gold Mario party 10 bundle rumor?
not yet

I just asked Amazon on live chat about wave 4 and they said it was in the system but it will not be "process" until they know the actual amount they will be getting. The rep name was Justin.
amazon live chat reps know nothing about the products being put into the system, they are in a different department and a different country.

Nintendo ruled that out from the get go. The final platinum reward giveaway will be a digital download.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

It's gonna be all digital games only.
just because they say it will be digital games doesn't mean they can't change their mind or have the amiibo as an add on to the digital games.

Please take this survey if you preordered any amiibos and fill it out to the end. I want to get an idea of which retailer is best for timeliness, proper packing and reliability as well as get a feel for the general state of amiibos.

Be sure to select No on any retailer page you did not preorder at and skip the remaining questions on the page by hitting continue at the bottom. Google forms doesn't have the logic to be able to skip retailer pages automatically if you don't select them earlier, so this is the concession.

Tomorrow, I hope to have the results for everyone.
Would've filled out, but a google form? No thanks, I value my privacy...

Whatever they do, I can't help but feel that it won't be super limited like the other store exclusives were... WM is a huge retailer and I'm guessing they want in on the Amiibo craze, even if so far, they've been less than stellar.
Just think of how much quicker it is for Nintendo to produce a single color Amiibo from a mold already in use with the regular SMB Mario amiibo. They probably won't be rare at all.

How hard do you guys think Toad will be able to find at launch?  Am I better off just ordering him and a few others I need from Amazon.co.jp? (Villager is $58 there. sighs, who can justify that price?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back