Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much, I was able to get 2! Don't worry, one is for a friend you smarmy fucks. God damn that went fast though. This shit is evil. I was freaking out the whole time while ordering that Gold Mario Amiibo because I didn’t know my Walmart account info and my credit card wasn’t working. I can't remember the last time I ordered something from Walmart online, my last credit card on file with them expired in 2012.

Did anyone else find it hilarious that the item was "for mature audiences only" and you had to be over 17 for it -- I was just chuckling to myself (while nervously flying through the order screens) thinking, "amiibo collecting is not for wussy's".

don't check ebay then lol listings already up between $100 to $200
Because I'm sure those are going to be the going rate. :rofl:

Walmart has over twice as many stores as Target and Best Buy, and four times as many as TRU. No way this is going to be rarer than those exclusives if it's going to be available in 3,000+ stores and those pre-orders.

04cobra, on 26 Feb 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:
Just to confirm, Wave 4 (ness, pacman, etc) isnt up for preorder in the U.S. anywhere yet, correct?
Correct. Also, if Gold Mario sold out in less than 20 minutes, I shudder to think how fast Wave 4 will go.

i dont see anything wrong with buying 2, considering that members who bought 2 might miss out on Silver Mario down the road, and can use the spare Gold to trade with a member on here.

Ive been fortunate to find 2 members on here that traded with me for Lucario and MK, luckily i had ordered spares of Rosalina and King to facilitate those trades. There is no harm in ordering 2 if your intention is to trade with a member who missed out later down the road.
I don't care either for online stores and preorders unless it's like 10 or something. For me in store is a different story, especially if you are waiting in a line and people likely won't get one if you take multiple. I'm all for taking two if they have abundant stock, but that only happened for Rosalina at my target.

I wonder if the gold mario will unlock something special like a free game perhaps. This Amiibo could sell for a lot of money on eBay

Damn it! Was giving an exam and missed the stupid Gold Mario. 'Cause, you know, putting it up at any other time while I'm at my desk wasn't a good enough time for Wal-Mart.

Rosalina wasn't hard to find at all, sold out in a day, and they have been consistently going for ~$40 regardless of the large supply.  I expect Gold Mario will be about the same in terms of production numbers and aftermarket price. 

Missed it too, oh well.  Not a huge deal I guess since I would have only wanted one to trade for some of the amiibo I don't have and can't find anywhere, though I don't really like doing that.  Dreading trying to find the wave 4 amiibo I am interested in once they go up for preorder/sale.

I would like to donate $1 to predseth  for posting the link. Would like to contribute to your beer fund good sir.

Nintendo wants to give people all kinds of reasons to abandon product loyalty altogether.

I don't care for the Mario Party line except Toad but there are a lot of people that do.

Excellent job trolling your loyal customer base with Amiibos Nintendo. Excellent job indeed.

Anyone knows if Walmart charges on release?

My bank account is completely empty at the moment.

I doubt more will be added anyway

Edit: Could I just go into walmart and preorder right now?

I think you have bigger issues if you don't have $13 in your bank account but you're still buying amiibo.

Nintendo only cares about doing whatever the f*** Nintendo wants to do. They have so much money right now that the Amiibos probably only exist just so the higher ups can sit back and laugh at people gobbling them up. It's all a big joke for their own personal sick amusement.

Rosalina wasn't hard to find at all, sold out in a day, and they have been consistently going for ~$40 regardless of the large supply. I expect Gold Mario will be about the same in terms of production numbers and aftermarket price.
I remember this differently. I remember my Target being sold out before I had a chance to make it there and online pre-orders only being available for the usual 3-minute increment.

Is it acceptable to try to get a second Megaman since the one I got from Best Buy as store pickup has some moderate tears in the packaging printing around Megaman's face?

It is worth to add that Megaman is one of my favourite video game characters of all time.

I can't do this anymore. I wake up and the gold mario is already out of stock. For the west coast, we get shafted. By the time everyone here is waking up, the east coast and Midwest have pre ordered the entire stock.

I can't do this anymore. I wake up and the gold mario is already out of stock. For the west coast, we get shafted. By the time everyone here is waking up, the east coast and Midwest have pre ordered the entire stock.
For someone like me, it's a matter of being employed. I can't lurk message boards all day long when I've got work to do. I can pop in now and again, like I'm doing now, but as usual it's minutes after something has come and gone.

Same. Bought and resold a bunch of stuff and than bought an LG G2 (sold my Nexus 4) too. I normally don't let my bank account go below $200 but the clearance at BB and Target (toys mostly) were too good to pass up. Sold them on Amazon too and Amazon Sellers don't get paid immediately.

Managed to get 2... but now I have $3 in my account (well apart from my savings which is always at a generously high number) until next week. The pain!

Is it acceptable to try to get a second Megaman since the one I got from Best Buy as store pickup has some moderate tears in the packaging printing around Megaman's face?

It is worth to add that Megaman is one of my favourite video game characters of all time.
Acceptable? Do what you want man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back