Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I feel bad for people who actually wanted Gold Mario and not just to use as tradebait

For someone like me, it's a matter of being employed. I can't lurk message boards all day long when I've got work to do. I can pop in now and again, like I'm doing now, but as usual it's minutes after something has come and gone.
Same for me. I have missed many chances for that same reason although I was fortunate with the Gold Mario. Now let us hope there are no cancellations due to overselling.

Ok, maybe I'm an optimist, but im not worried at all about missing the gold Mario. I went through this same thing with "Walmart Exclusive Skylanders". I'm talking back with the Skylanders craze was huge. They always had the exclusive figure on shelf. They would be this solid color like this one also. I'm obviously onlY basing this on similar experience, but it's something to keep in mind.

Ok, maybe I'm an optimist, but im not worried at all about missing the gold Mario. I went through this same thing with "Walmart Exclusive Skylanders". I'm talking back with the Skylanders craze was huge. They always had the exclusive figure on shelf. They would be this solid color like this one also. I'm obviously onlY basing this on similar experience, but it's something to keep in mind.
Did the skylanders sell out?

Same for me. I have missed many chances for that same reason although I was fortunate with the Gold Mario. Now let us hope there are no cancellations due to overselling.
or if there is cancellations make it those that ordered multiples that get canceled not those that only ordered one regardless of order time

Villager is a 2 for 1 at least now. He goes for $125 on ebay. This will go for $40-50 on there shortly after release.
We'd like to think that. Remember, Mario is a much more popular character which means more people would want this variant of it. That and unlike the holy trinity, this is a store exclusive item.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this going for $150 especially with how fast it went OOS.

Ah, I see. I didn't see anything about "limit X per customer". In that case, that's damn impressive it sold out so fast.
yea but some people did multiple orders it was a limit per order not account as some people here said they placed multiple orders for 2 in each order so that why it sold out fast

Villager is a 2 for 1 at least now. He goes for $125 on ebay. This will go for $40-50 on there shortly after release.
it MIGHT be more than that for these since it seems its only NOA that's releasing them. There's been no notice to any of the other countries about them carrying this - so you may have foreigners trying to buy ours too as well as the greater "global" exclusivity vs. a Villager or other amiibo that you can get worldwide.

And there was no limit as to how many you could pre-order.
It wouldn't let me order more than 2 per order. Maybe if you made multiple orders though.

Rosalina wasn't hard to find at all, sold out in a day, and they have been consistently going for ~$40 regardless of the large supply. I expect Gold Mario will be about the same in terms of production numbers and aftermarket price.
I whole heartily disagree. Girlfriend and I went to two different Targets that morning before opening. One store had 40 Rosalina (limit 2 per customer) and the other had 80 (no limit.) That damn amiibo sold out in less than 15 minutes at both stores. My girlfriend eventually tracked one down for me as a Valentines gift but stupid that stupid toy sold out fast in my area.

If this was any company other than Nintendo, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Most store exclusives are plentiful after a length but if Toys R Us/Target/Best Buy has taught us anything, this thing is not seeing another mass shipment.

For someone like me, it's a matter of being employed. I can't lurk message boards all day long when I've got work to do. I can pop in now and again, like I'm doing now, but as usual it's minutes after something has come and gone.
You don't have to lurk the message board. Set up an alert, I was at work and my phone gave me a ding for both the Gold Mario and the b1g1 free PS4 system deal at Bestbuy on monday. Would've missed both otherwise.

Man I feel bad for people who actually wanted Gold Mario and not just to use as tradebait
Seems like many people got them for tradebait. I think many people will drop off Amiibo once the Smash series is over. I know I will. May pick up the occasional one if it's a character I like but nothing from the Super Mario series (including the Silver/Gold Mario) interest me at all.

And, it's only my prediction, but I don't think these will be that hard to come by. I know it's exclusive and all, but in the end, it IS Mario. Although, I also think Nintendo will start producing much more Amiibo for future waves.

Shit!! I missed gold Mario! I even told hubby watch that shit go up today while I was in a mandatory meeting with boss. UGH!!;

You don't have to lurk the message board. Set up an alert, I was at work and my phone gave me a ding for both the Gold Mario and the b1g1 free PS4 system deal at Bestbuy on monday. Would've missed both otherwise.
Sorry, I'm an idiot with this stuff, but how do you set up an alert for random deals like this? I know about Nowinstock and everything but would love to know what you use.

Mega Man @ amazon.com
Was posted several minutes ago and I believe it was sold out. Most people missed it because they were focusing on Gold Mario. I got an order in and so did a couple others. I really wanted Megaman so it was nice to see the announcement.

My phone is usually on silent most of the day, so I often only notice text messages about a half-hour after they've been sent. Considering the average available time for Amiibos is ten minutes, this wouldn't work out too well.

On top of that, I don't even see the Gold Mario Amiibo as an option on nowinstock.net.

Was posted several minutes ago and I believe it was sold out. Most people missed it because they were focusing on Gold Mario. I got an order in and so did a couple others. I really wanted Megaman so it was nice to see the announcement.
look before you run your mouth. I just got one

How do you set up an alert? With the forums?  I don't get it.  There are so many darn posts a day, I cant keep up or tell which posts are significant ones or not.

Does anyone else find this gold mario ridiculous? I mean it's only a regular mario party AMIIBO with gold foil, yet everyone is going nuts for it. Is nintendo even trying anymore? I guess they don't have to when everything they sell goes out of stock before release.

How do you set up an alert? With the forums? I don't get it. There are so many darn posts a day, I cant keep up or tell which posts are significant ones or not.
The struggle is real within this thread for everyone. You must be on the hunt 24/7 or you will miss the Amiibo!

Looks like I'll be trading one of my other store exclusives for a Gold Mario when it gets released.

Does anyone else find this gold mario ridiculous? I mean it's only a regular mario party AMIIBO with gold foil, yet everyone is going nuts for it. Is nintendo even trying anymore? I guess they don't have to when everything they sell goes out of stock before release.
The value of it sealed is worth it to a lot of people. I didn't think of the trading idea but I might keep my order just to trade with someone who preorders Lucina if she ends up being rare.

Ha Ha. The anger levels in this thread is ridiculous. I made a post a couple pages back joking about Mario being in stock with a disclaimer saying he's never going to be restocked. Tons of people got upset over that despite the post saying "Just Kidding, Nintendo won't ever restock this".

Please teach me these alerts
Get the slickdeals app and set up an alert. Doesn't work that well for me since cell phones are not allowed where I work, but I did get an email about the gold mario a couple mins before it went oos

Please teach me these alerts
The alerts are usually just a minute late.... you can use now in stock, or Amiibo news on twitter and get alerts on your phone from that. The best way to score Amiibo's is to sit by your computer for days on end.

This is a war of attrition

Looks like I'll be trading one of my other store exclusives for a Gold Mario when it gets released.
lol i hope you got multiple on the ready because from the looks of things Gold Mario ain't gonna be cheap hell a U.S. Villager probably wont even make the cut at this rate.

lol i hope you got multiple on the ready because from the looks of things Gold Mario ain't gonna be cheap hell a U.S. Villager probably wont even make the cut at this rate.
You are out of your fucking mind. This is a Walmart exclusive... There will be a fuck-ton of these figures sent to 3000+ stores.

That's the funniest shit I have heard all day..... thanks for the laugh!

Wish we had separate threads for each Amiibo Line. I thought wave 4 pre-orders went up for a second and it was just crappy Gold Mario from the Super Mario Line. I am glad that I am only doing SSB line and stopping, its getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back