Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm basically gonna treat the Amiibo variants like I do colored vinyl. I typically buy the rarest / least produced coloration, and that's it.

No reason to buy every single coloration as I intend to actually listen to the record / use the Amiibo, so as far as the silver and regular ones go I'm all set.

Guys, what if the silver Mario is a...

DIGITAL RIVER EXCLUSIVE :cold:
Please don't even joke about that.

Then you'll be likely to lose your order to someone who has a backdoor link that lets them order as many as they want.
More like you will order it and then get shipping information but it never comes and they will do nothing to help you find it for 2 months.

Yeah thats what the original cpsia page said I believe but its since been removed...so we will see.
Do you have a screenshot Of the original cpsia page?

This month is pretty much over.
I'm pretty sure manufacturing is nearly done or already done at this point we're just waiting for the release.
All the super Mario amiibos were produced in dec And jan so that's probably when this one was too. Usually made 2-3 months before release

I apologize in advance if this was covered 50 pages ago.
Has anyone else had delays in Ike and Dedede shipments to their local GameStop? I got an automated call last week stating they would be ready for pick up on 2/25. The store claims they still don't have them. Meanwhile, Mega Man & Sonic show up unannounced.
They sold your preorder to someone else, call and complain

Yes, tons of people have had this issue. Gamestop claimed that they will fill Dedede orders in the Spring and Ike in the Summer or something.
The people who were delayed until spring didn't get a phone call saying their item was ready for pickup

Does anyone have the links to the gold mario page on Walmart.com? I want to stalk the page, but I can't seem to find it. I guess I need to use all of the tracking websites you guys use.

You're all wrong. Silver Mario will be exclusive to RadioShack (as part of the $10 bag deal), Dollar General (as part of a lottery) and CircuitCity (it'll be in store free, if you can find a store that's still open).

Times will be announced on the Malaysian Nintendo Twitter page. NowInStock will also have an alert for times (10 minutes after its OOS so be prepared). 

There is rumors that it'll be up for pre-orders (for any of the chances) 30 minutes before a secret Nintendo Direct next month is suppose to start.

Finally got my Ike from Amazon UK, and man the box looks like it got stuck in the landing gear or someone used it to prop up their table. Surprisingly the box of the Amiibo is in perfect condition though. Regardless, I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry or it wasn't a gift.

All the super Mario amiibos were produced in dec And jan so that's probably when this one was too. Usually made 2-3 months before release
Nope but back when they were first found I posted the links and they showed that they were produced in December and January. I have just the link which no longer works.

Here are my original quotes:

Silver: http://cpsia.nintend...1327/101327.pdf

Gold: http://cpsia.nintend...1324/101324.pdf

They dont show up here tho, http://en-americas-s...s-of-compliance

Yeah a lot of people are saying that and people are saying it would be Plat instead of silver. Still, it would make sense but very very doubtful seeing as theyve already said the rewards would be digital. The pages also say they were produced in Dec and Jan.
Looks like someone else had the screenshot tho :)

I wonder if this means they aren't as "limited" as we expected.
I guess we would find out after this weekend once it says out of stock for awhile.
There will probably be a decent amount shipping to retail locations; you just have to hope someone doesn't come in and slide each peg's worth of product into their shopping cart.

mM0Pm9H.png
also keep in mind just cause it has 2 month production don't mean it will be easy to find since it don't say how many were produced each month. Cause even Marth and wii fit trainer both had 2 months also and those weren't so common

also keep in mind just cause it has 2 month production don't mean it will be easy to find since it don't say how many were produced each month. Cause even Marth and wii fit trainer both had 2 months also and those weren't so common
It could also have started on the 28th of one month and run until the 7th of the next month. Number of lines/items made and actual dates are not provided so this isn't necessarily an indicator of how many will be available.

That said, these things are known to be popular and Wal-Mart is the biggest store in America...

It could also have started on the 28th of one month and run until the 7th of the next month. Number of lines/items made and actual dates are not provided so this isn't necessarily an indicator of how many will be available.

That said, these things are known to be popular and Wal-Mart is the biggest store in America...
This. Kind of the reason why I don't think it will be MVT or possibly even exclusives rare.

Why make so little of one of the most popular characters, in a variant color, at one of the largest retailers in the country. At the least I expect more chances to pre-order online. Seems like a lot of the Wave 3 (And possibly 1-2) shenanigans came from the port strike.

This. Kind of the reason why I don't think it will be MVT or possibly even exclusives rare.

Why make so little of one of the most popular characters, in a variant color, at one of the largest retailers in the country. At the least I expect more chances to pre-order online. Seems like a lot of the Wave 3 (And possibly 1-2) shenanigans came from the port strike.
I mean why make it at all and potentially shoot themselves in the foot over their MP10 promotion.

Because theres little reason to mass produce 3 different Mario figures 4 if you count The silver one, just because Walmart is a big chain doesnt mean they will retain high quantaties again the Store exclusives were stocked at Major retailers with thousands of stores yet they were still scarce.

Well remember there's also 3 other Mario amiibos, and 2 of them are supposed to be common. Nintendo wouldn't want to mass produce the gold and silver ones and just have thousands of the regular ones sitting on store shelves.

Exactly, the number of production lines also matters. Time x #Production Line x #Shifts = ???

I suppose all the people buying 2+ to "trade" are not the one listing them on eBay? :)

Or were you all referring to trading them for money? ;)
Eh, for trading that means you can barter a Gold Mario in exchange for a future rare Amiibo. It actually makes sense now that I think about it. With how many people complaining about they have to sit at their computers all day/no life/work/pooping, I feel like it'd be a good idea to just buy an extra so you wouldn't have to worry about missing preorder windows.

I personally didn't buy more than 1 but the idea of bartering sounds really smart.

I'm seriously considering bowing out of this amiibo craze. I've really enjoyed the trip but this is beyond insane. Of course this could be just an empty threat and the amiibo addiction is beyond shakable. Similar to my wife telling me she wants to delete her facebook......

Because theres little reason to mass produce 3 different Mario figures 4 if you count The silver one, just because Walmart is a big chain doesnt mean they will retain high quantaties again the Store exclusives were stocked at Major retailers with thousands of stores yet they were still scarce.
This is the same thing that happened with the MM 3ds. It will be limited just based on the different variants available. It will be rare. I would put no credit in that walmart tweet, no different then frys saying there would be second shipment of mm 3ds's.

It doesn't even come up on walmarts site through searching, you need a special link to get to it.

Oh really?
Did they happen to have a decent amount or just a few?

I'll tell my friend who lives near Tysons to go check it out. He's been wanting both of them.
they had several of each. The inventory on BB's website said they were in stock but didn't allow store pickup. I would check before driving out. Fairfax bb Has them too and that is closer to tysons

Eh, for trading that means you can barter a Gold Mario in exchange for a future rare Amiibo. It actually makes sense now that I think about it. With how many people complaining about they have to sit at their computers all day/no life/work/pooping, I feel like it'd be a good idea to just buy an extra so you wouldn't have to worry about missing preorder windows.

I personally didn't buy more than 1 but the idea of bartering sounds really smart.
The concept is smart the problem arises however from the users who take the moral highground who see themselves as being better than scalpers despite imitating the very same thing they hate.

Whenever you buy multiples you are driving down supply at a substantially higher rate and it should be to no suprise as to why no one can get a hold of the item.

This is the reason why users who state they buy 'extra for trades' get luaghed out the room , they themselves are contrbuting to the scarcity of said item at least scalpers openly admit what they are doing.

they had several of each. The inventory on BB's website said they were in stock but didn't allow store pickup. I would check before driving out. Fairfax bb Has them too and that is closer to tysons
Cool, thanks for info bud!

I'll snag my last MM tomorrow at Fairfax if they have it since I will be around that area. I will have enough to custom Paint and keep one sealed!

Just read about the Gold Mario Amiibo selling out in 15 mins and immediately be listed on ebay for $50-$80. I gave up on hunting these things down a long time ago and just buy the ones I want if I happen to luck into finding them, recently I nabbed a Toon Link at Best Buy. 

I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would pay more than retail price for any of these things? I think they are cool, but even at $13 they are kind of expensive for what they actually do and most of the characters (probably all the ones that can easily be found) have better figures out there that you could surely buy for the $50 + you may spend on one of these "rare" Amiibos online.

GameStop customer service assured me that the Ike and Dedede amiibo I was called about for 2/25 pick up will arrive in the Spring. I think that just means I'm SOL, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back