Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, for trading that means you can barter a Gold Mario in exchange for a future rare Amiibo. It actually makes sense now that I think about it. With how many people complaining about they have to sit at their computers all day/no life/work/pooping, I feel like it'd be a good idea to just buy an extra so you wouldn't have to worry about missing preorder windows.

I personally didn't buy more than 1 but the idea of bartering sounds really smart.
Smart in theory, a lot harder in practice. I noticed the same thing and decided to buy 1 extra of some wave 3 (Dedede, Sonic) to trade for the exclusives i missed (Rosalina, Lucario). The issue is anyone holding anything of perceived value isn't willing to do even trades. Majority of people are only interested in "trading" for cash. I learned my lesson, will most likely return my extra to the store for a refund. Gold Mario will be the same, can you really see anyone doing an even trade? 1 Gold Mario for 1 Lil Mac, or 1 Pit, or 1 of any Amiibo? No.

God, I hope GS is still holding my Ike, MM and Sonic. Got the call Monday and they said they'd hold it until Saturday... but I feel uneasy about it. 

Smart in theory, a lot harder in practice. I noticed the same thing and decided to buy 1 extra of some wave 3 (Dedede, Sonic) to trade for the exclusives i missed (Rosalina, Lucario). The issue is anyone holding anything of perceived value isn't willing to do even trades. Majority of people are only interested in "trading" for cash. I learned my lesson, will most likely return my extra to the store for a refund. Gold Mario will be the same, can you really see anyone doing an even trade? 1 Gold Mario for 1 Lil Mac, or 1 Pit, or 1 of any Amiibo? No.
Take note and do the same. Others here do it too. Just buy two, sell one, pay the asking price for what you want with the money made. Or trade multiples.

I know, not the ideal situation but for rare limited items, at least you have choices.

Hell I would. If it was one I was missing I would trade an extra gold Mario to get it. To some of us it's more bout catching them all rather than how much they are all worth and etc

I mean part of the issue is perceived value too. Sure they're all 12.99 but I've been through enough potential trades with people dead set on thinking their sonic is the same rarity and value as a rosalina that its ridiculous. It's the old bartering problem of one person wanting to get as much as they can from their item to the point of absurdity (ike and dedede for villager plz)

I'm seriously considering bowing out of this amiibo craze. I've really enjoyed the trip but this is beyond insane. Of course this could be just an empty threat and the amiibo addiction is beyond shakable. Similar to my wife telling me she wants to delete her facebook......
Was considering selling my collection of all NA Amiibos as well. I don't see Wave 4 being any easier and bought a lot of them so I could have a full set. Once a full set (Smash) is no longer feasible I will consider selling all but a few. Of course I would have to convinvce my 5 year old daughter so...

I don't think Gold Mario will be too difficult to find in stores. In relation to the other big stores that carried an exclusive, Walmart has many more they will need to supply and therefore will need to have many more manufactured. Here is a little breakdown, with Gamestop being the exception:

1052 Best Buy stores
893 Toys R Us stores
1790 Target stores
3275 Walmart stores
4434 Gamestop stores

This is all operating in just the US, since they are US exclusives.

I don't think Gold Mario will be too difficult to find in stores. In relation to the other big stores that carried an exclusive, Walmart has many more they will need to supply and therefore will need to have many more manufactured. Here is a little breakdown, with Gamestop being the exception:

1052 Best Buy stores
893 Toys R Us stores
1790 Target stores
3275 Walmart stores
4434 Gamestop stores

If he is on the same level as shulk, he will still be rare and impossible to find after release.

Can we like... stop with the jokes about silver Mario? It stopped being funny a while ago.
YES!

Just like when people were still making jokes misspelling Meta Knight's name for over 3 months. It wasn't funny after the 3rd time, yet it was done 3,000 more times.

lmao... Sooo many Gamestops, why do they honestly have so many?
I've noticed that damn near every Great Clips, Supercuts, or other chain hair cut place has a Gamestop next door. I'm pretty sure Gamestop makes a ton of cash from walk-in families while they're waiting 10-15 minutes for their haircut.

Seriously, there's 7 within a 10 mile radius of my house... With two being literally across the street from each other. They're like the McDonald's of retail.

They should just put a sign out front that reads "Over 1 Billion Scammed".

1052 Best Buy stores
893 Toys R Us stores
1790 Target stores
3275 Walmart stores
4434 Gamestop stores

Means nothing, gamestop had there exclusive available for over a month to preorder and you couldn't find one without being lucky. If walmart doesn't restock there online preorders, this will not be easy to obtain in store. When nintendo makes something gold, they make it limited, at least with there recent history.

1052 Best Buy stores
893 Toys R Us stores
1790 Target stores
3275 Walmart stores
4434 Gamestop stores

I would agree with you but look at the gamestop pre-orders.

Seriously I can't believe there's more than Walmart. Although in my little hometown there were 2 gamestops LITERALLY across the street from each other, and it was the same situation in the next town over.

Seriously I can't believe there's more than Walmart. Although in my little hometown there were 2 gamestops LITERALLY across the street from each other, and it was the same situation in the next town over.
I had a Ebgames and Gamestop right next to each for 5 years before they closed one.

I have no idea why they did that.

The business model has changed now but 10 years ago the retail model was to expand into as many locations as possible. McDonalds was the gold standard that everyone looked up to. Back then, McDonalds wasn't about burgers as much as real estate. The idea is that by expanding into as many locations as possible, you take options away from your competitors to set up shop while establishing your brand as the convenient place to go. Nowadays, they've cut back on expansion and focused on the new trend: healthier food items and quality menu.

Gamestop has stopped their expansion strategy for over a few years now. If anything, they're been closing up stores that can't cover their leasing expenses anymore. For awhile, it looked like they were focusing on the used electronics business but with their revamped TIV program, I'm not sure if that's going to work anymore. Their next step is probably going to be dictated by the next gen consoles (PS5, Xbox 720, new Nintendo Wii U, etc.).

I mean part of the issue is perceived value too. Sure they're all 12.99 but I've been through enough potential trades with people dead set on thinking their sonic is the same rarity and value as a rosalina that its ridiculous. It's the old bartering problem of one person wanting to get as much as they can from their item to the point of absurdity (ike and dedede for villager plz)
Yeah... You're right about that. Trading Amiibo 1 for 1 is near impossible due to disparity in perception of value from one to the next.

I really wouldn't mind Nintendo flooding the shelves and destroying the secondary market. I hope their investors pressure them to do so, time to cash in and match supply with demand.

We would all complete our colections at MSRP, 5 year olds would actually encounter their favorite characters for sale out in the wild, and the whole Amiibo thing would all be less stressful. One can dream...

I'm not buying these things for any other reason than to put in my collection.  Any extras I buy, I do so for trade reasons, only, and that has only been 1 extra of Toon Link (before he was easier to find), and Sonic.  I only pre-ordered 1 Gold Mario, because I figure if I find another to make a trade, fine.  At this point, I'm just happy to have the one for my collection.  

Yeah... You're right about that. Trading Amiiibo 1 for 1 is near impossible due to disparity in perception of value from one to the next.

I really wouldn't mind Nintendo flooding the shelves and destroying the secondary market. I hope their investors pressure them to do so, time to cash in and match supply with demand.

We would all complete our colections at MSRP, 5 year olds would actually encouter their favorite characters for sale in the wild, and the whole Amiibo thing would all be less stressfull. One can dream...
I think they know what there doing, they got me to buy a new mm 3ds. Now I'm buying amiibos, being seen as collectable is a good thing. People like to think there stuff is worth something. If they flooded the market, they could possibly kill the hobby, You'll never see amiibos on the sale rack with there current strategy. Believe it or not, their making more money in the long run doing it this way.

"New Nintendo Wii U" :wall:

You say that joking, but you know there is an extremely high chance that's EXACTLY what they will be calling their next gen console! Sad.
I really hope Nintendo doesn't take away the GamePad w/ their next console. People (who usually don't own a WiiU) hate on it but it truly is a revolutionary device. Not saying it should be the standard for gaming but it certainly should be looked at by others.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't take away the GamePad w/ their next console. People (who usually don't own a WiiU) hate on it but it truly is a revolutionary device. Not saying it should be the standard for gaming but it certainly should be looked at by others.
The gamepad makes the system for me.

I really hope nintendo doesnt call their next console "new nintendo wii u", u would think they would learn calling the console after wii, wii u, but the "new nintendo 3ds" points to no. However, im not really sure what else u could call a 3ds with some updates, its still basically an updated 3ds and not a new system per say.

I really hope nintendo doesnt call their next console "new nintendo wii u", u would think they would learn calling the console after wii, wii u, but the "new nintendo 3ds" points to no. However, im not really sure what else u could call a 3ds with some updates, its still basically an updated 3ds and not a new system per say.
[attachment=12626:the-new-wii-afirko.jpg]

It really is! I love watching/hearing live sports on TV while playing Mario Kart 8. Some people don't get it, but casually watching TV while casually playing video games makes the WiiU worth it.

(That plus the endless supply of exclusive games - obviously!)

It really is! I love watching/hearing live sports on TV while playing Mario Kart 8. Some people don't get it, but casually watching TV while casually playing video games makes the WiiU worth it.

(That plus the endless supply of exclusive games - obviously!)
As someone who watches quite a bit of sports, I agree.

The gamepad does have it's fair share of problems and even some games (like the recently released Kirby) doesn't exactly use it in the best way. But, if used correctly, the gamepad can definitely be a benefit. I'm interested in how Mario Party will make use of it for sure.

To further derail us off topic I really like the game pad as well, and Wombat saying his hands are too small to hold it sounds like total b/s as an excuse.  What?!? It's not 3 feet wide.

I'm surprised they haven't taken advantage of it more than a convenient place to throw an inventory/map. You could make some great party games on there with one person having their own private screen. Seems to be it's biggest selling point.

I have Page Monitor setup on my desktop through Chrome, but does anyone know of anything similar that will send the notification to my phone or something instead?

I stopped by the local Best Buy on my lunch break today, and they had gotten Shiek, Toon Link, Mega Man, and Sonic back in stock. I picked up a Mega Man and Sonic. (as well as a Luigi) I had gotten Shiek and Toon Link earlier. I might head around this evening to see if any other retailers in the are have restocked. They were putting out the Sonic Amiibos while I was perusing the store.

I stopped by the local Best Buy on my lunch break today, and they had gotten Shiek, Toon Link, Mega Man, and Sonic back in stock. I picked up a Mega Man and Sonic. (as well as a Luigi) I had gotten Shiek and Toon Link earlier. I might head around this evening to see if any other retailers in the are have restocked. They were putting out the Sonic Amiibos while I was perusing the store.
Same here. Was at one this morning that received a case of Sonics and around 4 cases of MegaMan. Seems like these are becoming more common now as well. No Ike or Dedede in the shipment though.

Oh really?
Did they happen to have a decent amount or just a few?

I'll tell my friend who lives near Tysons to go check it out. He's been wanting both of them.
Nothing of note at Tysons BB. Just bought only Sheik. Rest are Mario, Link, Zelda, Kirby, Pikachu, Diddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back