Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the linking thing but what if I dont have any money in my account and only have cash (I sometimes keep a few bills in case of emergencies) they wont accept it with cash and the discount? That's weird
If you qualify for the credit card, then you can buy the item and walk straight to customer service to pay your balance/make payments. If you pay off your balance right away there's no interest. This is what I do.

There's been some rare occasions where the line in customer service is too long and I pay it off a couple days later since I go to Target 2-4 times a week.

eBay auctions for the 3B amiibo.

Mega man amiibo: 1,216
Sonic amiibo: 1,047
Meta Knight amiibo: 545
Ike amiibo: 519
King Dedede: 474

Edit: Active... I found it interesting that Mega Man is the most common.
Interesting, I have someone offering me Meta and $15 for Ike and D3...

There's a compatibility chart on Nintendo's site, but it offers some unique stuff in Mario Party, which is the game it's meant for.
Do you have a link or something to this info? Gold Mario isn't in the compatibility chart and anything I've seen suggests it's the same gameplay-wise.

If you qualify for the credit card, then you can buy the item and walk straight to customer service to pay your balance/make payments. If you pay off your balance right away there's no interest. This is what I do.

There's been some rare occasions where the line in customer service is too long and I pay it off a couple days later since I go to Target 2-4 times a week.
You could just wait for the bill and pay it online. You don't pay interest as long as you pay off each statement in full.

can't believe I missed out on even trying to preorder gold Mario (read confirmation it was Walmart exclusive, but didn't know page went up). also missed out on Nintendo World's tweet about more amiibo, though even if I had known I wouldn't have gotten on line until 9am at the earliest.

I got Sonic, Mega Man, and DDD a bit after noon.  I'll try to swing by again and pick more to trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
can't believe I messed out on even trying to preorder gold Mario. also missed out on Nintendo World's tweet about more amiibo, though even if I had known I wouldn't have gotten on line until 9am at the earliest.

I got Sonic, Mega Man, and DDD a bit after noon. I'll try to swing by again and pick more to trade.
It's amazing you guys can just wake up and go "aw sweet I'll pick up a few extra" and I'm sittin' in D3 scalp town lol.

Do you have a link or something to this info? Gold Mario isn't in the compatibility chart and anything I've seen suggests it's the same gameplay-wise.
You can be PRETTY DANG sure that the metallic mario is literally the same Super Mario fig with a simple paint job. It will do the same thing but I don't think there's a special release saying that it does anything too special. Read a few articles and decide for yourself if it's worth it.

Getting ready to bow out of this. These scalpers are pissing me off. There are literally 100 metaknights near me on CL for at least 40 bucks. In true CAG fashion I'm not paying anywhere close to that

It's amazing you guys can just wake up and go "aw sweet I'll pick up a few extra" and I'm sittin' in D3 scalp town lol.
Keep in mind the population density of NYC. I waited 3 hours in line for the store exclusives (sans Meta Knight) the day of the huge blizzard in the North East (it missed the New York area but Boston got several feet of snow). If it weren't for NWS, I would have not been able to get Lucario or Rosalina.

Getting ready to bow out of this. These scalpers are pissing me off. There are literally 100 metaknights near me on CL for at least 40 bucks. In true CAG fashion I'm not paying anywhere close to that
I hate myself for starting a collection outside of Zelda characters. I bought a capt. Falcon for $20 and im starting to wonder why i need these im never gonna get all of them...im having a but of amii-grets.

Keep in mind the population density of NYC. I waited 3 hours in line for the store exclusives (sans Meta Knight) the day of the huge blizzard in the North East (it missed the New York area but Boston got several feet of snow). If it weren't for NWS, I would have not been able to get Lucario or Rosalina.
True. And if it weren't for NWS, I'd still...well, maybe I might have less ebay listings to browse :rofl: But some have been nice enough to offer to sell to other CAGs at cost which is cool, but a long shot.

I hate myself for starting a collection outside of Zelda characters. I bought a capt. Falcon for $20 and im starting to wonder why i need these im never gonna get all of them...im having a but of amii-grets.
I literally have mines all opened and sitting in that question mark cube case in my daughters room collecting dust

I literally have mines all opened and sitting in that question mark cube case in my daughters room collecting dust
I am getting extras of the female characters to open and display in my daughters room. I just gotta start keeping tabs on the foreign sites for another wft.

that is a great idea. my oldest daughter is turning 4 and we have a second daughter on the way. I think I might revisit the female characters and buy one of each for them. my oldest already loves peach and zelda.

There's still something about finding scarce amiibos in the wIld even though I have them. Anyone else feel like this? Found 2 mega man and 2 sonic randomly at a game stop in the mall. And no I didn't buy them bc I'm not a scalping s.o.b.

And if I link it to, lets say my debit card, can I still show them the Red Card and pay in cash?
No. Target offers the discount for Red Card because them taking money directly out of your account saves them the processing fees that Visa/MC/your bank charge... They pass all or part of that savings on to you. (Their actual merchant fee is likely less than 5%, but Target also saves accounting and other transaction costs.)

No. Target offers the discount for Red Card because them taking money directly out of your account saves them the processing fees that Visa/MC/your bank charge... They pass all or part of that savings on to you. (Their actual merchant fee is likely less than 5%, but Target also saves accounting and other transaction costs.)
Don't forget you are filling their data mines with valuable shopping trend information. That alone is likely worth a 5% discount to them.

Don't forget they get to charge you those delicious interest rates usually reserved for celebrity branded credit cards

Ok, and there are two versions of it right? The normal and the Credit Card correct?

Ok, and there are two versions of it right? The normal and the Credit Card correct?
I didn't know about this card either, but isn't there an FAQ on it? Must be that can answer details in depth. I see the same questions being asked slightly differently like 3 times lol.

Don't forget they get to charge you those delicious interest rates usually reserved for celebrity branded credit cards
The regular Red Card is debit only... no interest.

And in repy to the person who discussed the marketing data, other stores (esp. grocery stores) use loyalty cards to mine data without giving you a discount on anything you buy... just the weekly sales. I'm sure this is more about saving transaction fees than data mining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back