Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for guys. So I pre ordered the gold Mario Thursday night during the 8pm batch with my visa. Yesterday I get a call from my credit card company saying my card was compromised and they sending me a new card with a different number. Now, the gold Mario is pre ordered with that old visa number and has already been authorized. Question is, will I still get the Mario without the order being cancelled? I am going to be really mad if it cancels because of that.

I have a question for guys. So I pre ordered the gold Mario Thursday night during the 8pm batch with my visa. Yesterday I get a call from my credit card company saying my card was compromised and they sending me a new card with a different number. Now, the gold Mario is pre ordered with that old visa number and has already been authorized. Question is, will I still get the Mario without the order being cancelled? I am going to be really mad if it cancels because of that.
You should be able to change the payment information for the order without canceling it. I was able to do this before for a Best Buy order when my card expired before the item was shipped.

You should be able to change the payment information for the order without canceling it. I was able to do this before for a Best Buy order when my card expired before the item was shipped.
Worst case is call the customer care center if you are unable to do it on their site.

Somewhat off topic (although the game does support Amiibos), but any thoughts on how likely pre-ordering Code Name S.T.E.A.M. at this point would still mean receiving the MM pin?

The website still shows the offer so I guess it's still available - I wonder if shipping to home or picking up in store would be a safer option as to getting the preorder pin?  Are GS stores usually good about getting in enough preorder bonuses?

Somewhat off topic (although the game does support Amiibos), but any thoughts on how likely pre-ordering Code Name S.T.E.A.M. at this point would still mean receiving the MM pin?

The website still shows the offer so I guess it's still available - I wonder if shipping to home or picking up in store would be a safer option as to getting the preorder pin? Are GS stores usually good about getting in enough preorder bonuses?
Follow up question, can i get the pin and return the game? I wasnt very fond of the demo.

Thanks guys, I called wal mart and they said they already pre authorized the charge so it still should go through even though the number changed. He left notes, I just hope it does!

Alright I sent out all invitations to the LINE alerts/chat. Got worried why all of a sudden I had almost 50 PMs. If you didn't receive a reply, please PM me again, I might have missed your messsage.

The alerts have worked out pretty well so far though there hasn't been much Amiibo activity.

The Gold Mario was posted within a minute of going live and me and many others got a chance to grab it immediately. Had there been no notification, I would have definitely missed mine (thanks to the people who contributed)

Please refer to this [post='12526927']post[/post] for more information. PM me with your LINE username and I will send you the invite links.
The link is brokenn. =\

The website still shows the offer so I guess it's still available - I wonder if shipping to home or picking up in store would be a safer option as to getting the preorder pin? Are GS stores usually good about getting in enough preorder bonuses?
In my experience, doing it online always yields better results. I've been burned several times in store with bonuses in the past but have never had an issue with ordering online.

Because of this I havent pre-ordered anything with a physical bonus in store for a long time(4+ years) so I guess they could be better now. I'm not taking any chances, however.

Thanks - sounds like shipping is the better option in regards to the preorder pin.

Although it says 'while supplies last', I'm hoping that they would remove the bonus mention if it was no longer available with preorders...

In my experience, doing it online always yields better results. I've been burned several times in store with bonuses in the past but have never had an issue with ordering online.

Because of this I havent pre-ordered anything with a physical bonus in store for a long time(4+ years) so I guess they could be better now. I'm not taking any chances, however.

This is definitely the way to go. Stores sometimes don't receive the preorder bonuses or employees take them. Order it online. I was tempted to get this for the Fire Emblem crossover but really disliked the demo.

The link is brokenn. =\
Did you open the link in the app? I had a little trouble with it at first, but you need to create a QR code from the link, then add friends and scan the QR code. If there was another way to do it, I couldn't figure it out.

Are mega man and sonic rare?
I've never seen them. I'd like to get Mega Man, but he's about $30 online right now. I found a Toon Link a week ago at Best Buy and wanted him so I picked it up, but I had never seen Toon Link previously or anywhere else for that mater, I don't think he is incredibly rare, but he certainly isn't Mario, Peach, Samus, Link, etc. that you see almost everywhere you go.

Thanks - sounds like shipping is the better option in regards to the preorder pin.

Although it says 'while supplies last', I'm hoping that they would remove the bonus mention if it was no longer available with preorders...
I hate to say it but I've missed out on preorder items both ways.

In store I ordered two copies of the Ghostbusters game just to get the t-shirts for myself and my girlfriend at the time. They had none when I got there. I had to argue with them that no one told me they were limited and it wasn't posted anywhere. I ended up getting one of the two but it was an argument and I had to drive to a Gamestop in another city to get it.

After this happened I figured online was better. A while later I really wanted the Oswald ears preorder item that was offered with Epic Mickey (or maybe Epic Mickey 2). I preordered as soon as they went up. Never got them. Called to complain. Argued with customer service. They finally agreed to send them. I waited for them. After several weeks they never came. I called back and they said they didn't have them even after customer service told me they were sending them. I never got them.

I hope you have better luck... It stinks when there is a cool item you really want and it makes you order from a particular place only not to get it.

How is this fraud? It's pretty clear it is a custom Amiibo.I
I was referring to the second link, theres a guy on ebay selling a endless supply of the walmart exclusive gold mario. by my count he's sold over 130 of them so far. There's no way he acquired that many in the short times it was available. Walmarts even cancelling multiples.

I was referring to the second link, theres a guy on ebay selling a endless supply of the walmart exclusive gold mario. by my count he's sold over 130 of them so far. There's no way he acquired that many in the short times it was available. Walmarts even cancelling multiples.
He's probably banking on it being easy to find at B&M stores. He'll drive around at release buying up supply and fulfill whatever he can.

I'd be willing to bet that Gold Mario will be common at release - if this guy lives near a lot of Wal-Marts, 130 should be easy enough to acquire.

He's probably banking on it being easy to find at B&M stores. He'll drive around at release buying up supply and fulfill whatever he can.

I'd be willing to bet that Gold Mario will be common at release - if this guy lives near a lot of Wal-Marts, 130 should be easy enough to acquire.
I don't think you could even buy 130 rosalina from B&m and she didn't even have a pre order

I think I'm missing something because I don't see any gold marios sold on that guys account. Maybe he was hacked and got it fixed?

You guys do realize that 99.9% of the Gold Mario's "sold" on eBay right now aren't actually being sold, right? They're absolutely all being won by shill and troll bidders that aren't actually going to pay. No one is going to pay those prices before the thing is actually released since no one knows how hard to find it will or won't be. 

You guys do realize that 99.9% of the Gold Mario's "sold" on eBay right now aren't actually being sold, right? They're absolutely all being won by shill and troll bidders that aren't actually going to pay. No one is going to pay those prices before the thing is actually since no one knows how hard to find it will or won't be.
Well you would hope. There is always a sucker.

I think I'm missing something because I don't see any gold marios sold on that guys account. Maybe he was hacked and got it fixed?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Amiibo-GOLD-Mario-Walmart-Exclusive-PRE-ORDER-Limited-Edition-Super-/221703017538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e879442

This guy. Here's his active listing. If you go to his items for sale and check the sold box you'll see his other mario listings that already finished. Each one of those he has 50 plus sold. The comment about him hoping to get them at walmart on release to fulfill the orders makes sense but that's wishful thinking, he won't be the only one at walmart on release trying to get them.

I don't agree with this sentiment, but the game is one of my all time faves. The game definitely deserves props. Ah... the good old days when Square knew how to make JRPGs that were actually good.
Best game of all time

No questions.

I'll be waiting on squares Chrono cross amiibo line
Which btw would be amazing. Poshul a day 1 cop

Imagine a Grobyc amiibo

Whew

This is in reference to the new rarity list I posted a few pages back (depending on your page settings).

Thanks to the two guys who pointed out I had two Nesses and one Pit. Fixed.

So, according to that chart, I should pick up Sheik after all?
Yes. As a character with a single appearance, even in a popular title and series, I don't see her staying on shelves long once stock runs out.

How can you predict figures that haven't been officially announced?
The same way I assigned values to wave 3 & 4. This method relies on looking at these figures from Nintendo's perspective, which doesn't matter on when the figures come out. They want to not end up with figures on the shelf, so they will make less of less popular characters and more of popular ones. We have actual data from wave 1&2 to show that this kind of analysis holds true:

Luigi, Diddy Kong and Zelda are characters in nearly ever game of their respective series, which are all top 5 series* in terms of popularity, and they are still around. Falcon, Pit and Little Mac are all considerably less popular series characters with less games to their credit and they are long gone, and barely around to begin with.

* Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Kirby

You guys do realize that 99.9% of the Gold Mario's "sold" on eBay right now aren't actually being sold, right? They're absolutely all being won by shill and troll bidders that aren't actually going to pay. No one is going to pay those prices before the thing is actually released since no one knows how hard to find it will or won't be.
And how do you know this for sure? People are *very* stupid with their money. They could see a Sold Out and head right to eBay.

nope not fraud, custom amiibos are a thing.
Yeah, no one should have a problem with custom amiibos and their prices. People can charge what they think their time is worth. Some look professional, some look embarrassing.

And how do you know this for sure? People are *very* stupid with their money. They could see a Sold Out and head right to eBay.

Yeah, no one should have a problem with custom amiibos and their prices. People can charge what they think their time is worth. Some look professional, some look embarrassing.
That cosmic mario is nice loooking. That's worth the premium.

After trying to trade here and PMing probably about 40 ppl trying to get a little mac and everyone of them either wanting something ridiculous or saying they are not going to trade it (after posting it in the trade thread mind you) I went and bought one off craigslist for $50. I then sold the ones I was trying to trade for it for $130. Makes you kinda think the people buying on ebay are the smart ones cause sure it costs more money but unless you're unemployed and have no family or friends the amount of time we all put in to obtaining these is far more valuable then the $36 markup. I make that it about 30 minutes and I've left work early or went in late a few times chasing a new amiibo, granted the thrill of the chase is fun, but fuck it, I'm done, I still need marth and wii fit trainer, ebay here I come... Just my $0.02

After trying to trade here and PMing probably about 40 ppl trying to get a little mac and everyone of them either wanting something ridiculous or saying they are not going to trade it (after posting it in the trade thread mind you) I went and bought one off craigslist for $50. I then sold the ones I was trying to trade for it for $130. Makes you kinda think the people buying on ebay are the smart ones cause sure it costs more money but unless you're unemployed and have no family or friends the amount of time we all put in to obtaining these is far more valuable then the $36 markup. I make that it about 30 minutes and I've left work early or went in late a few times chasing a new amiibo, granted the thrill of the chase is fun, but fuck it, I'm done, I still need marth and wii fit trainer, ebay here I come... Just my $0.02
Welcome to CAG, where your items are worth shit but my items are more valuable simply by virtue that I own them.

Welcome to CAG, where your items are worth shit but my items are more valuable simply by virtue that I own them.
Seriously dude, I've only encountered one reasonable person on here. Even people from craigslist are easier to deal with, I got a villager for a rosalina and meta knight there, but one here several people turned down rosa, meta and ike for a little mac.

I hate to say it but I've missed out on preorder items both ways.

In store I ordered two copies of the Ghostbusters game just to get the t-shirts for myself and my girlfriend at the time. They had none when I got there. I had to argue with them that no one told me they were limited and it wasn't posted anywhere. I ended up getting one of the two but it was an argument and I had to drive to a Gamestop in another city to get it.

After this happened I figured online was better. A while later I really wanted the Oswald ears preorder item that was offered with Epic Mickey (or maybe Epic Mickey 2). I preordered as soon as they went up. Never got them. Called to complain. Argued with customer service. They finally agreed to send them. I waited for them. After several weeks they never came. I called back and they said they didn't have them even after customer service told me they were sending them. I never got them.

I hope you have better luck... It stinks when there is a cool item you really want and it makes you order from a particular place only not to get it.
Poor service from Gamestop, you say? Wee-urd.

Seriously dude, I've only encountered one reasonable person on here. Even people from craigslist are easier to deal with, I got a villager for a rosalina and meta knight there, but one here several people turned down rosa, meta and ike for a little mac.
It's human nature when trading anything is involved. That doesn't excuse it and its quite sad really. The majority of people won't pull the trigger unless they are certain they are getting a better deal than the other person.

Well, Sonic and Mega Man are now officially the new Toon Link and Sheik.  That didn't take long at all. 

Ike is quite rare however.  I'm surprised his aftermarket value isn't much higher.

I've had good luck with 2 people one wanted meta knight for pit and another wanted meta knight and king dedede for little mac and eu WFT plus he was willing to add paypal but I didn't feel that was right. but another wanted meta knight, Rosalina, and ike for a little mac.

I've had good luck with 2 people one wanted meta knight for pit and another wanted meta knight and king dedede for little mac and eu WFT plus he was willing to add paypal but I didn't feel that was right. but another wanted meta knight, Rosalina, and ike for a little mac.
Yeah I made the mistake of letting a guy choose if he wanted either a lucario or a rosalina for a metaknight and he spent the rest of the day trying to push his DDD and used DVD's on me for the rosalina then he got frustrated and called the whole deal off. Great stuff

[quote name="girlracer" post="12538155" timestamp="1425139342"]I've had good luck with 2 people one wanted meta knight for pit and another wanted meta knight and king dedede for little mac and eu WFT plus he was willing to add paypal but I didn't feel that was right. but another wanted meta knight, Rosalina, and ike for a little mac.[/quote]

I had 2 very nice members on here reach out to help me with trades. I missed out on Lucario and Meta Knight. They did straight trades for Rosalina and King Dedede respectively.

There are good people on here

Yeah I made the mistake of letting a guy choose if he wanted either a lucario or a rosalina for a metaknight and he spent the rest of the day trying to push his DDD and used DVD's on me for the rosalina then he got frustrated and called the whole deal off. Great stuff
I've dealt with some retard before trying to push some old game to me before saying it was valuable and that I'm stupid for not taking the trade. I told that dumbass value of an object is different from person to person. A starving person would value food over a diamond ring any day. Shut him up real good.

I had 2 very nice members on here reach out to help me with trades. I missed out on Lucario and Meta Knight. They did straight trades for Rosalina and King Dedede respectively. There are good people on here
Agreed, but there's also far more people trying to trade mega man/sonic for a store exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back