Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Amiibo-GOLD-Mario-Walmart-Exclusive-PRE-ORDER-Limited-Edition-Super-/221703017538?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item339e879442

This guy. Here's his active listing. If you go to his items for sale and check the sold box you'll see his other mario listings that already finished. Each one of those he has 50 plus sold. The comment about him hoping to get them at walmart on release to fulfill the orders makes sense but that's wishful thinking, he won't be the only one at walmart on release trying to get them.
I see it now. Mobile wasn't showing it. Not sure if it's technically fraud, but if he doesn't deliver, none of those buyers will have to pay. Ebay will make sure of that. He really just set up the account to be taken down, though. It will kill his performance rating and his account will get shut down unless he sells a crap load more stuff. Really just dumb.

[quote name="gnoh" post="12538186" timestamp="1425140664"]Agreed, but there's also far more people trying to trade mega man/sonic for a store exclusive[/quote]
There is? I didn't kno this I would trade a sonic & mega man for lucario any day. Lucario is the one in mainly missing,

If you guys think amiibos are hard to order, Grateful Dead tickets sold out in less than a minute
I don't really think ordering Amiibos has been that bad, the pre-orders for most lasted days if not weeks, even the rarer ones. The only one I see that people haven't even had a reasonable chance with is gold mario. It's only once people realize how hard it would be to find some/people who got into the amiibo game late that you see them being difficult to order because nobody had any idea about the impact these would have.

If you guys think amiibos are hard to order, Grateful Dead tickets sold out in less than a minute
The thing that I tried to buy that sold out the fastest were blizzcon tickets. Basically they will sell out in 2-4 seconds. If you are not F5ing and hovering your mouse in the right place you'll miss it.

The thing that I tried to buy that sold out the fastest were blizzcon tickets. Basically they will sell out in 2-4 seconds. If you are not F5ing and hovering your mouse in the right place you'll miss it.
Damn yeah the fucking ticketmaster captcha fucked me over

[quote name="gnoh" post="12538210" timestamp="1425141780"]Yes, funny how most people with lucario's don't seem to want that trade...[/quote]
Agreed, I don't see how he traded a roselina for one I have been trying to trade the same item on here & locally.

I just wonder how long it's going to be before all these hoarders buying out everything realize they aren't able to sell anything that they buy.  It's kind of a sickness.  The lack of supply is a mirage and the inflation is artificial.  At least 8 out of 10 people buying multiples don't know how to sell things on Amazon or Ebay. 

I did a search for this and nothing came up so forgive me if this has been discussed,

but has anyone noticed how Rosalina's amiibo page on Nintendo's website says :

Exclusively at Target at launch.

I wonder if it's just strange phrasing or if it's just like a "timed" exclusive sort of thing.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/COLN6qTF3vtu092ryqGvM0gsufIS9utf
Gamestop is the first to say that Shulk will be reproduced again in the spring. Word on the street is they have been selling web-in-store orders ad infinitum because their exclusivity runs out then. There has also been a lot of talk of Meta Knight restocks in the future which isn't doubtful, seeing as they were on short supply at launch.

But yeah, there is a general expectation that by May-June, the current retailer exclusives will be more widely available at other places. This is not confirmed, but the writing is definitely on the wall. I would bank on it happening.

I just wonder how long it's going to be before all these hoarders buying out everything realize they aren't able to sell anything that they buy. It's kind of a sickness. The lack of supply is a mirage and the inflation is artificial. At least 8 out of 10 people buying multiples don't know how to sell things on Amazon or Ebay.
I was thinking the same thing. There may be a rush of returns for Mega Man and Sonic. Mega Man is approaching 1,300 listings on eBay. He is going for less than $22 shipped. That is about a $2 profit assuming regular retail price paid.

Hehe! Told you guys nintendo will cash in on sonic and megaman. These are popular characters so nintendo made a bunch of them. Only a matter of tine before the rest of us gets these in our local stores
One picture of them fully stocked (it was release date) doesn't make them common. You still can't find them in stock anywhere online, most of those gamestop numbers in store are preorders, I called the few closest ones that had MM available and none for walk ins.

I was thinking the same thing. There may be a rush of returns for Mega Man and Sonic. Mega Man is approaching 1,300 listings on eBay. He is going for less than $22 shipped. That is about a $2 profit assuming regular retail price paid.
I can see this trend continuing to be honest. Ike and DDD are down to $30ish as well

We should definitely be pleased that sales have moved to mostly online.  Store employees have been massively interfering with our ability to purchase. 

A person can't even score rare amiibo in the wild anymore.  Employees treat you like an asshole for even asking.

I just wonder how long it's going to be before all these hoarders buying out everything realize they aren't able to sell anything that they buy. It's kind of a sickness. The lack of supply is a mirage and the inflation is artificial. At least 8 out of 10 people buying multiples don't know how to sell things on Amazon or Ebay.
Given how so many of these "rare" figures are selling for $10-15 profit, I think it's close. There's always early hype before things die down and prices cool. I honestly don't think we'll see anything go up as high as the stuff from Wave 1 & 2, and given how NoA said Marth is being re-produced, I think those will eventually subside too when people realize Nintendo might re-produce the rest.

Given how so many of these "rare" figures are selling for $10-15 profit, I think it's close. There's always early hype before things die down and prices cool. I honestly don't think we'll see anything go up as high as the stuff from Wave 1 & 2, and given how NoA said Marth is being re-produced, I think those will eventually subside too.
Yeah, I agree. I really think the heyday for greatly exaggerated aftermarket prices on new amiibos is over. Unless Nintendo starts making new ones in much more limited quantities. Nintendo has caught up with supply management and so far nothing since wave1-2 has been massively under-produced like WTF, Villager, Marth, Pit, and Little Mac.

Rosalina is a good example that we should keep revisiting. She sold out in a day. Everyone knows Target will not be getting any more of her. But weeks have gone by and her price hasn't gone up at all from the same $40 it always has been.

I don't know how you quantify the madness surrounding gold mario prices yet. That's a statistical outlier driven by crazed purchasers that will mostly renege. Pretty much everyone on here scored already at MSRP (up four times) and they haven't even hit the stores yet.

I've only purchased the ones that I like and could get my hands on without much trouble, never paying over retail.  I've kept them all sealed with no intentions to immediately sell them.  I think any *REAL* money to be made on these things will be years and years down the road unless you get in on the frenzy of a limited release Amiibo.

But then I don't know.  It's not a stretch to make a comparison to the Beanie Baby craze, and we all see how that ended up.  With no evidence to back it up, I'm confident that most of the Amiibos being purchased remain unopened.

Given how so many of these "rare" figures are selling for $10-15 profit, I think it's close. There's always early hype before things die down and prices cool. I honestly don't think we'll see anything go up as high as the stuff from Wave 1 & 2, and given how NoA said Marth is being re-produced, I think those will eventually subside too when people realize Nintendo might re-produce the rest.
I think for the most part this rings true.

There seems to be 1-3 figures each sub wave that will be genuinely rare, not stocked well,and will likely not be reprinted.

Wave 1 was the most difficult because nobody was paying attention so if you missed out you were screwed.
Now it seems everyone who is interested is watching online info like a hawk but the level of resellers has increased 1000 fold as well, but the die hards manage to score in the first few presales lowering the pool of people willing to overpay on the secondary market, which drives down the eBay costs.

Villager, Mac, and a few others are still high price/demand because they fall into that small window of being genuinely rare, but die hard collectors weren't interested at the time of release and didn't get him.

DDD and ike are rare (it seems) but everyone was onboard and many managed to scoop one up before he vanished.

I think for the most part this rings true.

There seems to be 1-3 figures each sub wave that will be genuinely rare, not stocked well,and will likely not be reprinted.

Wave 1 was the most difficult because nobody was paying attention so if you missed out you were screwed.
Now it seems everyone who is interested is watching online info like a hawk but the level of resellers has increased 1000 fold as well, but the die hards manage to score in the first few presales lowering the pool of people willing to overpay on the secondary market, which drives down the eBay costs.

Villager, Mac, and a few others are still high price/demand because they fall into that small window of being genuinely rare, but die hard collectors weren't interested at the time of release and didn't get him.

DDD and ike are rare (it seems) but everyone was onboard and many managed to scoop one up before he vanished.
Agreed, and a lot of people are importing now who actually just want the figures (I have Ike coming from the UK, packaging is irrelevant to me)

now if only DDD did not continue to elude me . . .

Hmm I don't know about the beanie baby comparison (sorry to bring it up again), these are established characters from established series'.  Games like Zelda have had a strong following for a pretty long time, and people will pay a lot of money for certain franchises.  Even if amiibos are really common, collectors are still gonna want them.

Since the whole amiibo fad started I've seen every single one at retail at least one time with the exception of Ike, 3D and Pit. Ike and 3D are still relatively new so who knows.

I've only purchased the ones that I like and could get my hands on without much trouble, never paying over retail. I've kept them all sealed with no intentions to immediately sell them. I think any *REAL* money to be made on these things will be years and years down the road unless you get in on the frenzy of a limited release Amiibo.

But then I don't know. It's not a stretch to make a comparison to the Beanie Baby craze, and we all see how that ended up. With no evidence to back it up, I'm confident that most of the Amiibos being purchased remain unopened.
Strongly disagree. Amiibos are a fad, in regards to most being purchased. The time to make money on them is during the immediate hype. Collectables very rarely reach opulent status in the long haul. And it's basically impossible in this situation considering how many are being produced.

You strike while the iron is hot with collectables. If you flip, better flip it now. When the crash does happen, it will be over in an instant. Prices have only gone down/stabilized on the wave3 rares since release day.

Strongly disagree. Amiibos are a fad, in regards to most being purchased. The time to make money on them is during the immediate hype. Collectables very rarely reach opulent status in the long haul. And it's basically impossible in this situation considering how many are being produced.

You strike while the iron is hot with collectables. If you flip, better flip it now. When the crash does happen, it will be over in an instant.
I always feel really bad when I sold the Post Pandemic statue for the last of us for $210 when I see what it sells for now :bomb:

A lot of the time though it's always better to sell while something's new and hot as you said. I was a fool and thought that I could get the statue later on at some point, and cheaper.

Hmm I don't know about the beanie baby comparison (sorry to bring it up again), these are established characters from established series'. Games like Zelda have had a strong following for a pretty long time, and people will pay a lot of money for certain franchises. Even if amiibos are really common, collectors are still gonna want them.
I don't think Beanie Babies are a fair comparison to Amiibo or anything today. Back then, there was no live, active market visible to anyone to actually compare how rare/valuable something was. Value was gauged, literally, by one person buying/selling to another.

If I bought Beanie Baby A from person why for $50, then he/she would think "this is worth $50 b/c that's what I sold one for" and I would think "this is worth $50 b/c that's what I paid for it".

But today, we have eBay, Amazon, etc., not to mention various hobby/collectors sites, to gauge prices. Artificial inflation is a problem, yes, but you can still see some type of legitimate value system at any time (ie, what items being being listed at vs how many are actually selling).

The thing about this whole "beanie babies" value debate is that it shouldn't mean much if anything to those of us just trying to "catch em all". Everyone here claims they are not a scalper, so you shouldn't be worried, right? It's not like you walked into GS and bought all 18 of their Sonics. I could care less if Sonic is common - I bought two. There was no risk in my investment. If a beanie ba y crash happens, I still own the amiibo because I wanted them, not because of any perceived aftermarket value.

I always feel really bad when I sold the Post Pandemic statue for the last of us for $210 when I see what it sells for now :bomb:

A lot of the time though it's always better to sell while something's new and hot as you said. I was a fool and thought that I could get the statue later on at some point, and cheaper.
Yes, more than 9 times out of 10. Unless you're certain you have something rare. Which can be easily tracked with the constant uptick in aftermarket pricing.

That's really the key. How many survive for 20 or so years intact. As was alluded to, these are characters of established franchises, so there will be *SOME* value down the road. How much depends entirely on how many remain sealed and/or in good condition.

The thing about this whole "beanie babies" value debate is that it shouldn't mean much if anything to those of us just trying to "catch em all". Everyone here claims they are not a scalper, so you shouldn't be worried, right? It's not like you walked into GS and bought all 18 of their Sonics. I could care less if Sonic is common - I bought two. There was no risk in my investment. If a beanie ba y crash happens, I still own the amiibo because I wanted them, not because of any perceived aftermarket value.
Just trying to discourage people from hoarding multiples. And saying stop buying them when you don't know what you're doing with reselling. Amiibos are not an investment. in fact they're the furthest thing from it. They are money pits. So unless you're going to instantly flip them, ppl should stop buying so many extras or they'll be sorry.

Flippers are making some money. Hoarders are losing tons of money. Most importantly, collectors are missing out on purchasing what they want because of all this absurd speculation of rising value.

Best Buy in Morehead City, NC has one Mega Man and 3 Sheiks right now if anyone still needs those and happens to live nearby >_>

My three game stops are loaded up the ASS with Mega Man and Sonic.

Picked up three more Mega Man(s) thinking about painting all the alt schemes that are in Smash.

Just trying to discourage people from hoarding multiples. And saying stop buying them when you don't know what you're doing with reselling. Amiibos are not an investment. in fact they're the furthest thing from it. They are money pits. So unless you're going to instantly flip them, ppl should stop buying so many extras or they'll be sorry.

Flippers are making some money. Hoarders are losing tons of money. Most importantly, collectors are missing out on purchasing what they want because of all this absurd speculation of rising value.
Agree completely, and I understand we are probably just talking about this to make decent conversation. My reply was more aimed at the 200+ lurkers on this page sitting around their pile of Megamans and Sonics...if you can sell, good on you, but the beanie crash will be of no worry to the rest of us.

Best Buy in El Segundo has Sheik, Sonic, and Toon Link in very very low stock. Sonic might be gone but Sheik and Toon Link are definitely there (these ones are still somewhat rare in southern CA). 

I don't care about their value down the road. I just want all the Fire Emblem ones because I love the series and have all the games released in the US. Got lucky so far with Ike and Marth. Hopefully I can get a preorder in time for the next two.

I don't care about their value down the road. I just want all the Fire Emblem ones because I love the series and have all the games released in the US. Got lucky so far with Ike and Marth. Hopefully I can get a preorder in time for the next two.
I'm with you on that, i have to suck it up and spend the $$$ for MArth I think sadly

I went again to Gamestop and now they had Megaman on the shelf. I picked up one because the one I got from BB as store pickup had some tear. Not sure if I should return it or just open it since Megaman is one of my favorite characters.

I'm not really intending to collect all Amiibo, just the characters I like or that I use in Smash and have grown fond of them.

With that in mind, I gave in and also picked up a Sheik, because Zelda and Smash.

I checked and Meta Knight's out of stock date is in 2018 and it is still an active sku, while amiibos like Marth had a out of stock date a month after release and were deleted SKUs after the first week.

I still have my post pandemic sealed. I believe it's selling at around $700-$800 currently. Am I going to sell it? Probably not. I like the idea of owning something valuable and that very few have rather than the money I could get from it.

So far I am 29/29 with released Amiibos. All bought retail and NA/US version. I waited in many lines early in the morning to avoid paying scalpers specifically. I've also met and exchanged numbers with some fellow amiibo hunters. Yes I buy an additional rare here and there for trading because even though I've been lucky so far, luck always runs out and I'll eventually come up short on one or two and I may need to trade an Amiibo that I have for one that I don't, to someone who needs one I have for one that they don't. I don't have more than two of any character and only have about 8 extra simply for trading if I need to. When the last Amiibo comes out and I have a complete collection, I'd definitely let them go at cost rather than flipping them at marked up scalper prices. For me, it's about owning a complete collection and of course the stressful thrill of the hunt.

Tl;dr - just want to collect, not flip or scalp. Trades are ok :)

I still have my post pandemic sealed. I believe it's selling at around $700-$800 currently. Am I going to sell it? Probably not. I like the idea of owning something valuable and that very few have rather than the money I could get from it.

So far I am 29/29 with released Amiibos. All bought retail and NA/US version. I waited in many lines early in the morning to avoid paying scalpers specifically. I've also met and exchanged numbers with some fellow amiibo hunters. Yes I buy an additional rare here and there for trading because even though I've been lucky so far, luck always runs out and I'll eventually come up short on one or two and I may need to trade an Amiibo that I have for one that I don't, to someone who needs one I have for one that they don't. I don't have more than two of any character and only have about 8 extra simply for trading if I need to. When the last Amiibo comes out and I have a complete collection, I'd definitely let them go at cost rather than flipping them at marked up scalper prices. For me, it's about owning a complete collection and of course the stressful thrill of the hunt.

Tl;dr - just want to collect, not flip or scalp. Trades are ok :)
This is exactly my situation. 29/29 US with 8 extras for trade. I just found that a funny/interesting coincidence.

yes he has sold a lot of those custom gold marios for $80. I have no idea why someone would pay that much for a custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back