Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it for what it's worth. But I wrote Target an email about my missing King Dedede's. Here was their reply:

We know you’ve come to expect great guest service from Target and Target.com and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the ordered item.

I've checked in our system and we're unable to provide replacement for your order. If you'd like we'll process refund for your order.

However, you can place new order for these items after one week.
I'll be sure to share your feedback to our appropriate team.

We know that we didn’t meet your expectations this time and hope that you’ll give us another chance.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sincerely,

Target.com Guest Services

If I were to decipher the grammar... I don't think it's hard to tell that's a non-American writing that. But, maybe they can see incoming online inventory levels next week. Who knows. Just thought I'd share.
That last part was them saying tough luck in typical target fashion... Sorry yours didn't come

So I know Marth is getting a re-release, but I'm going to assume that will be at the end of April/early May and I'm not the best when it comes to patience. My friend wants to trade me a JP sealed Marth for my US sealed Rosalina and Sonic. Is that a good deal, or should I just hold out and try to be patient for about two months? 

Thanks for any help you can give

So I know Marth is getting a re-release, but I'm going to assume that will be at the end of April/early May and I'm not the best when it comes to patience. My friend wants to trade me a JP sealed Marth for my US sealed Rosalina and Sonic. Is that a good deal, or should I just hold out and try to be patient for about two months?

I wouldnt do it just because more US Marths are coming but its up to you

JPs are worth less than US. Outside of NA, every Amiibo is in abundant supply. It is only in NA where there are scarcity issues. Therefore, Amiibos can be picked up for near MSRP in foreign versions - the shipping is where the real cost lies.

I would if I had an extra Rosalina and was going to open Marth but without those factors I'll say maybe just maybe Rosalina only but it depends on how you going to keep marth... Because I'm sure most people are not opening there US version when it drops

Does anyone know if Walmart is taking pre-orders on the Gold Mario/Gold Mario MP10 bundle?  Does anyone think these will actually be scarce since it is Walmart after all.

Does anyone know if Walmart is taking pre-orders on the Gold Mario/Gold Mario MP10 bundle?  Does anyone think these will actually be scarce since it is Walmart after all.

Another batch of Mario cancellations happened, my first order is gone but my second order of 2 remains. Possible restock soon?
Wait you ordered more than 2 on the same account and they just cancelled on you now? I thought that would've happened last week.

I wouldnt do it just because more US Marths are coming but its up to you

JPs are worth less than US. Outside of NA, every Amiibo is in abundant supply. It is only in NA where there are scarcity issues. Therefore, Amiibos can be picked up for near MSRP in foreign versions - the shipping is where the real cost lies.

I would if I had an extra Rosalina and was going to open Marth but without those factors I'll say maybe just maybe Rosalina only but it depends on how you going to keep marth... Because I'm sure most people are not opening there US version when it drops
You guys all bring up good points, thanks for the replies!

All of my Gold Mario orders appear to be intact still. I'll have to keep ordering every chance I get it seems like just to make sure I can get one. Madness I tell you. Madness.

Ha, no, this isn't true in Japan at all. If you go to any Japanese retailer, you'll see the exact same common ones that America has, plus Dedede. That's about the only difference.

All of my Gold Mario orders appear to be intact still. I'll have to keep ordering every chance I get it seems like just to make sure I can get one. Madness I tell you. Madness.
lol no , no you don't.How about you stay with the pre orders you have and just keep it at that?unless your looking to sell or "trade" there's no reason to. I mean Its no wonder why the stock issues are as bad as they are now, people order more despite already having a reasonable amount on hand and then blame scalpers for the already low supply lol

lol no , no you don't.How about you stay with the pre orders you have and just keep it at that?unless your looking to sell or "trade" there's no reason to. I mean Its no wonder why the stock issues are as bad as they are now, people order more despite already having a reasonable amount on hand and then blame scalpers for the already low supply lol
Seriously.. greedy fucks

Not really true. Each region has different "rare" amiibos. Believe it or not, but Zelda and Kirby are rare in Europe. Also, Little Mac is impossible to find in any region. To top it off Pit, Falcon, Meta Knight, Rosalina, Shulk, Marth, Villager, and DeDeDe are all sold out internationally (at least on all sites that ship to the US). In store supplies are probably totally different abroad but they definitely aren't easy to import any more.

I hope Wal-Mart continues to cancel orders of multiples and if the same people keep re-ordering (since they are apparently online every single time Wal-Mart has it up for order) I hope Wal-Mart decides to ban accounts. Wishful thinking most likely.

I'm hoping some of you people with crazy numbers of gold mario preorders actually get them, just so I can buy one off you!

I do not have the patience for this anymore. I'm 'caught up' on amiibos as of right now, but the thought of doing another sit up all night hoping preorders open is just making me feel ill.

He sounds just like the Jack-hole who ordered all the Sonics and Mega Men yesterday, about 20 total between them both. Some of them "accidentally" got their backing folded down... fucking scalper. Had to tell a few little kids that some pos wanted to resell them so no-one who wanted them to use can have any, just not in that exact wording.

Lol. Nope. Legit here. I preordered all of the first 3 waves at Best Buy long before there were any issues. I have 3 orders of the gold Marios in because I don't trust Walmart to fill my order. More orders means more chances to actually get one. The extras I have gotten in the past (the four retailer exclusives) have all been sold to my friends at cost. I just want to make sure I get mine is all and with all the talk of orders being cancelled randomly why wouldn't I want to increase my odds of getting one by placing more than one order?

For what it's worth I ended up ordering 1 extra Shulk, 2 Lucarios, 3 Rosalinas and 3 Meta Knights. All but 1 Rosalina and 2 Meta Knights remain unclaimed by my friends. I even have an extra Diddy and Zelda (had Little Mac too but a friend asked me for it) from back in December (I got so paranoid when my Best Buy order didn't get filled as fast as they were found in the wild) that I don't know what to do with at the moment since none of my friends wants them. I don't really like trading with people I don't know so I haven't turned to the trade forums to get rid of them yet.

Grats on your find! It's either a leftover from feb 1st or a return (which would make sense as 30days from the first is about now)
Thanks. I know Brickseek had shown there was 1 left at this Target for the longest time. I wonder if they finally located it and put it out on the floor.

Possibly gives people hope for those Villagers that have been showing up on Brickseek.

Damn, dude just order one order.
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean only have one order, you can not modify an order after it's been placed. Thus I had to make a second order to order 2. If you mean just buy 1 in the first place, why? I'm not hoarding 50 of them, it's just 2.

Wait you ordered more than 2 on the same account and they just cancelled on you now? I thought that would've happened last week.
I was personally surprised. People had cancellations in less than 24 hours yet it took them almost a week to do it on mine.

Take it for what it's worth. But I wrote Target an email about my missing King Dedede's. Here was their reply:

We know you’ve come to expect great guest service from Target and Target.com and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received the ordered item.

I've checked in our system and we're unable to provide replacement for your order. If you'd like we'll process refund for your order.

However, you can place new order for these items after one week. I'll be sure to share your feedback to our appropriate team.

We know that we didn’t meet your expectations this time and hope that you’ll give us another chance.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sincerely,

Target.com Guest Services

If I were to decipher the grammar... I don't think it's hard to tell that's a non-American writing that. But, maybe they can see incoming online inventory levels next week. Who knows. Just thought I'd share.
My Dedede order is at the USPS and sitting there since the Feb. 27th. Should I call the postal service?

My Dedede order is at the USPS and sitting there since the Feb. 27th. Should I call the postal service?
Yes, I've shipped stuff before that's ended up sitting at usps for days, I've called that branch and asked why? then stuff get delivered. it's not going to hurt anything by calling.

Yes, I've shipped stuff before that's ended up sitting at usps for days, I've called that branch and asked why? then stuff get delivered. it's not going to hurt anything by calling.
This. Always worth it to call for clarification or if anything else get stuff moving quicker.

The same thing happened to me and Target.com thought my orders of 2 Ikes and 1 Sonic was lost so they gave me a refund and a $10 gift card for the trouble after the order sat at USPS for a week. 2 days later, the order shows up out of nowhere. So essentially I got my order for free. Part of it is the crappy weather we've had down south the past 2 weeks, but a lot of it is the crappy way the UPS mail innovations handles shipping.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean only have one order, you can not modify an order after it's been placed. Thus I had to make a second order to order 2. If you mean just buy 1 in the first place, why? I'm not hoarding 50 of them, it's just 2.

I was personally surprised. People had cancellations in less than 24 hours yet it took them almost a week to do it on mine.
You're doing the same thing as that guy who bought 50 is, you're taking stock away from people who want it.

Well, here's some of the most "mixed" news I've read anywhere. While its obviously for Japan, it may reflect their global processes as well. It's really awesome for those who have missed an amiibo or two, but not so good for those who enjoy the "rarity" of some of the items we're collecting. I guess I'm somewhere in the middle because I don't PLAN on ever selling mine, but I like the fact that I've got some items that are rare/hard to find... though I loathe the fact I couldn't find a Villager, but I understand its part of the "game" with collectibles.

Anyway, here's the article about Nintendo reproducing more of the "rares": http://nintendoeverything.com/additional-production-of-amiibo-happening-in-japan/

Here's the official statement if you cared:

「amiibo」追加生産に関するお知らせ
 平素は任天堂商品をご愛顧いただき誠にありがとうございます。

弊社が発売しております「amiibo(アミーボ)」の一部のキャラクターにおいて、品薄な状況が続き、お客様にはご迷惑をおかけしております。誠に申し訳ございません。

現在、市場で品薄となっております「むらびと」「リトル・マック」「キャプテン・ファルコン」など一部の「amiibo」を日本国内向けに追加生産しており、5月中旬より順次出荷してまいります。

「amiibo」は、細かい組立工程を必要とし、一部に手作業が含まれることなどから、生産開始から出荷まで数か月の時間を要します。お待ちいただいておりますお客様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますが、何卒ご理解賜りますよう、よろしくお願い申し上げます。

なお、今後もお客様や販売店様からのご要望の有無や市場の状況によって、その都度、追加生産を検討してまいります。

Wow, I wonder if the US will get any reprints besides Marth. Kind of shocked about Villager and Little Mac considering they don't have any other games to work with in the near future. And I didn't realize there was a shortage of Falcons over there.

I've got one sealed EU Villager that I've hidden away so I'm not tempted to open it, so this is good news. I like having my full set unopened (even if I've got two EUs in there), and the functionality of Amiibo right now does very little for me. However, I just really want an opened Villager to display. This news helps me do that much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back