Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear people mentioning them but I'm new to GCU, where are these stacking "Certs" coming from? Spend $200 and then you get $10 off or something? It's not explained well.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

You get a $10 reward cert for pre-ordering a select game and you get the 20% discount on the game as well. For a $60 game it comes out to $37.99 (net) before taxes. Usually those games trade in for $44 so BB will give you $3-4 to rent a brand new game for a week.

LINK to CAG post about it.

I hear people mentioning them but I'm new to GCU, where are these stacking "Certs" coming from? Spend $200 and then you get $10 off or something? It's not explained well.
Its their rewards program theyve had for years, essentially $250 = 250 points = $5 reward. However, being part of the Gamers Club gives double points on games and there are several other type of promos that give additional points, so it rarely adds up to having to actually spend $250. Theres also bonus $10 rewards for preordering certain games as well, mentioned above. It used to be on nearly all new release games but its not always the case now. They also do the bonus rewards on consoles occasionally too. I got my PS4 which I used the movers coupon to knock off $40, then it came with free GCU, then it came with $10 reward cert, but for spending $400 i nearly got another $10 cert in points.

I suppose part of the logic is that by doing this they get people into their stores, and by having you visit them to buy a game instead of somewhere else is worth whatever loss of profit they get from games.

i buy all my games exclusively through bestbuy now because of GCU, the program works
Same here. I get to my 3 game limit on every system because I buy for other people as well. I just charge them cost. Which works out for me. I get the points, and closer to Elite/Elite Plus.

It is impossible to collect every amiibo if you don't preorder.  You either have to A. buy from an ebayer, or B. Import from oversees for a higher price.

I only have 3 amiibos,  I've given up bothering to collect them all.  Too much time and effort to find them all.

Plus, whenever they have sales and B2G1 sales you make out like a bandit. e.g. in November I would get 3 copies of a game I wanted during the B2G1 sale like Halo: MCC and sell 2 on Amazon. After GCU it cost $96 for all 3 and I sold 2 for more than that. So I basically got the game free (and I did this with multiple games). Bottom line, GCU is a CAGers dream.

It is impossible to collect every amiibo if you don't preorder. You either have to A. buy from an ebayer, or B. Import from oversees for a higher price.

I only have 3 amiibos, I've given up bothering to collect them all. Too much time and effort to find them all.
Posting here suggest there is still a chance you'll become an amiibo addict like the rest of us!

It is impossible to collect every amiibo if you don't preorder. You either have to A. buy from an ebayer, or B. Import from oversees for a higher price.

I only have 3 amiibos, I've given up bothering to collect them all. Too much time and effort to find them all.
Clicked on the wrong tab/link

If you are trying to build your collection in February and March, thinking you will walk into a store and find Wave 1 rares...yes

If you've followed since they first came out in November, then no.

This actually makes me worried that they will change the program. $30 for 2 years for 20% off all new games (plus all their other perks) seems unsustainable.
Yeah, that's a good point. It's a very generous program for $30... wondering if they might stop letting it stack with sales/other promos.

Dunno if anyone is interested but last I checked Arkham knight CE was still in stock haha
It's been in stock forever... the one people want is the Batmobile Edition, which they don't carry.

Best Buy just reported their earnings yesterday, and they beat forecasts. To people saying it's so unstable, it's hot right now.
I don't believe they break down their sales categorically, do they? There's no way of telling if it's form games or not. I can't imagine they're making that much money on games, if they're selling them for 20% off.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/my-best-buy-get-10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

You get a $10 reward cert for pre-ordering a select game and you get the 20% discount on the game as well. For a $60 game it comes out to $37.99 (net) before taxes. Usually those games trade in for $44 so BB will give you $3-4 to rent a brand new game for a week.

LINK to CAG post about it.
Ha thanks angel. So it's only on certain games that they offer the $10 reward? They must have to advertise that on your account or (hopefully) in their weekly ad. Sounds pretty awesome, and I have GCU so for those saying the program is unstable, they're definitely attracting a LOT more business with it. I'm pretty much exlcusively PC until I break down and find a good deal on the eventual redesigned PS4, but for Nintendo I make an exception with the 3DS and Wii U =P Still worth it for the stark few physical games I purchase in a year. And of course, Amiibo!!

Yeah, that's a good point. It's a very generous program for $30... wondering if they might stop letting it stack with sales/other promos.

It's been in stock forever... the one people want is the Batmobile Edition, which they don't carry.

I don't believe they break down their sales categorically, do they? There's no way of telling if it's form games or not. I can't imagine they're making that much money on games, if they're selling them for 20% off.
It may be sustainable, we have no idea what video game margins are but this guarantees that GCU members will always purchase from BB when given the option. Secondly you're forgetting about the 10% trade in bonus. That means that more often than not they're going to trade in used at best buy, the used game market is much more lucrative than anything else and I think that's BB's ultimate purpose for doing GCU

Pretty sure not that many people were stupid enough to buy it at $120. BB did the $30 GCU sales a couple times to gauge if that's when people will purchase or not. Sure enough, a lot bought into it for them to change the MSRP.

Should I do this or not?? Average ends up being $18 per if I get the only bid in which for the Rosalina, Shulk, and Pit alone may make up the difference. Opinions?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221704954668?nav=SEARCH
No all of the commons can be had for ~$10 from Best buy with GCU. Which would put it $80 for 8 of them, 3 of those are down to $9.99 retail so with GCU its about $8.40. Pit/Rosa and Shulk are all $30-35 depending on auction. so you are under $200 total still. And fox has popped up a few times in last couple of months at retail.

No all of the commons can be had for ~$10 from Best buy with GCU. Which would put it $80 for 8 of them, 3 of those are down to $9.99 retail so with GCU its about $8.40. Pit/Rosa and Shulk are all $30-35 depending on auction. so you are under $200 total still. And fox has popped up a few times in last couple of months at retail.
donkey kong and yoshi are sold out, also Fox is hard to find now which is included in that lot

Secondly you're forgetting about the 10% trade in bonus. That means that more often than not they're going to trade in used at best buy, the used game market is much more lucrative than anything else and I think that's BB's ultimate purpose for doing GCU
The used game market is quickly starting to become irrelevant with new releases trending towards digital. Eventually 360/ps3 games will melt away as Gamecube and ps2 slowly did. They'll have to find another bullet point to tack onto the card I'd say.

Based on a few comments coming from Best Buy associates, new shipments of the Little Mac and Captain Falcon amiibo could be on the way. Both figures are listed as “In Transit” in Best Buy’s inventory system. A list of stores that are apparently confirmed to be receiving the amiibo can be found

here.
Best Buy locations may be receiving stock as early as this week or next week. Keep your eyes peeled!
SOURCE: http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-some-best-buy-receiving-new-shipments-of-little-mac-and-captain-falcon-amiibo-soon/

Who knows
Qh2Vxfi.gif

Yeah I haven't seen a DK or Yoshi. I'm wanting to try to get all of them but I'm a little late to the show
If you want me to stop by my best buy or target tonight/tomorrow I can pick them up at cost for you. Prob be $26ish after shipping if I need to go to target. Less if best buy still has them.

Looks like some Lil Mac are showing up @BB's now.  If anyone finds an extra and you are one of those "amiibo openers" let me know, I'll ship you mine and pay for shipping of yours to me since BB originally bent mine (or was it TRU) and its the only amiibo I've got that the box is bent. :(

B_RAgTCW4AAy_fo.jpg

The used game market is quickly starting to become irrelevant with new releases trending towards digital. Eventually 360/ps3 games will melt away as Gamecube and ps2 slowly did. They'll have to find another bullet point to tack onto the card I'd say.
Its still very big and it's gonna take more than 2 years to kill it, especially considering your average game download if 30+gb.

I'm pretty sure I posted that BB is getting more of these things in. I saw 3 toon links and sheik on the shelf a couple days ago. They had shelf labels made too.

I'm pretty sure I posted that BB is getting more of these things in. I saw 3 toon links and sheik on the shelf a couple days ago. They had shelf labels made too.
My Target still has shelf labels for Wii Fit Trainer. Do you really ever think they will get that back... yeah I don't.

My Target still has shelf labels for Wii Fit Trainer. Do you really ever think they will get that back... yeah I don't.
They are NEW shelf labels. I was there two days before they put them up.

You can also preorder toad on the Kiosks at BB. (Well you can print out a preorder slip, I didn't try checking out though).

So looking at that list no love for the West Coast maybe given the recently ended port strike?  Hopefully once things recover we will get our share of shipments as well.

Checking brickseek for Ike at walmart around february 20, only one store was listed and then steadily in the next 4-5 days more stores started to get listed.  

Then starting yesterday they stopped showing stores, it went from three to two yesterday and now today only one store is listed.  Since it was even searchable on brickseek it never even went in stock, and now it is disappearing.  

Also when calling multiple walmarts and giving them the UPC a few say it is sold out and they dont have any coming, which is odd since they never got any at all.  At this point i feel it may be safe to assume that walmart many not even receive him in stores, or they are doing something odd with his stock.

Just felt like impartng my research, my results are for Central CA

Also want to ask if any one knows if Ike was ever listed on walmarts site for sale(I dont recal if he was)?

lol I called the Best Buy near me and I barely said anything before the associate asked if I was calling about the Little Mac amiibo. Said something like 20 people called.

Checking brickseek for Ike at walmart around february 20, only one store was listed and then steadily in the next 4-5 days more stores started to get listed.

Then starting yesterday they stopped showing stores, it went from three to two yesterday and now today only one store is listed. Since it was even searchable on brickseek it never even went in stock, and now it is disappearing.

Also when calling multiple walmarts and giving them the UPC a few say it is sold out and they dont have any coming, which is odd since they never got any at all. At this point i feel it may be safe to assume that walmart many not even receive him in stores, or they are doing something odd with his stock.

Just felt like impartng my research, my results are for Central CA

Also want to ask if any one knows if Ike was ever listed on walmarts site for sale(I dont recal if he was)?
I got Ike off of Walmart, along with DeDeDe... they were up for a ridiculously short period of time.

This mario party 10 screenshot all but confirms that there will be a new, less appealing (or at least to me) Rosalina figure with no luma or wand in hand. I've been trying to figure out if they will put more rosalina amiibo's in production but after seeing this new one it makes me realize the smash bros version will most likely be gone for good. I hated to but just purchased one on ebay for nearly $40 I just hope it arrives safely. I will open her because she is the 7th smash bros amiibo I wanted in my roster. I will try to open the package carefully to keep it decent looking (watched youtube video on how to open amiibo packages without damaging them) since it appears the packages for these things are already being purchased. I really recommend if you want one of these just go ahead and for over the $$$ because I see them to continue rising in price and more importantly not being available at all in a year or two. Probably be the rarest amiibo from what I can tell.

rosalina.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back