Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy also made no money from games before GCU because nobody shopped there.  So there is no difference.

At least now they are getting foot traffic into their stores again with people who like to spend money.  Those people are more prone to buy headsets, cables, movies, and other peripherals with a high margin markup.  Sure, they probably make no money on games now.  But they were making no money on games before either.  (besides the midnight releases. where they still have like 12-20 people working and I can't imagine is profitable) People are going into stores to shop at Best Buy again which is their whole strategy.

lol I called the Best Buy near me and I barely said anything before the associate asked if I was calling about the Little Mac amiibo. Said something like 20 people called.
Yeah same thing happened to me this morning. But they guy was really nice and said "weird, I've aleady had three people call about this, this morning." He was prepared and told me the two stores in the district that had Little Macs 'in transit'.

However, obtaining them will be super difficult. Unless you plan on being at the store every day at opening and also hoping the employees don't buy them all.

I don't get it, putting in all this effort and money on gas just to get an amiibo. Just buy it from a scalper they make there 10 dollars and call it a day.

I don't get it, putting in all this effort and money on gas just to get an amiibo. Just buy it from a scalper they make there 10 dollars and call it a day.
I agree with that if you're looking for a rare amiibo going for like $25. But Little Mac fetches like $75.

Pretty much with you on this. But people here like to hopelessly fight the good fight against the secondary market like they are making a difference or something.

Yeah, we all want to buy them at MSRP or less. But when they're gone, they're gone.

If you had bought little mac at $30-40 a month ago you wouldn't be needing to buy him at $75+ today.

The bottom line is that something is worth what you're willing to pay for it. There's nothing wrong with paying over MSRP if you really want something. There's also nothing wrong with charging over MSRP in order to make some extra cash. I plan to sell both my Gold Marios and use that money to get ones I care about like Dedede and Pit.

Guy on my Craiglist is selling a complete set of wave 1-3 NA, pictured, for $700.  That is practically a steal imo for someone who is just getting involved with collecting them. 

Guy on my Craiglist is selling a complete set of wave 1-3 NA, pictured, for $700. That is practically a steal imo for someone who is just getting involved with collecting them.
But given that Marth is coming back, and that NoJ confirmed some of the others are being reprinted. I get that it hasn't been officially announced in NA but I would think it's a safe bet, given how the aftermarket for NA figures are the worst.

guy selling complete 1-3 na also has extra ike,dedede, and meta knight for sale too!  If you buy complete set for 700 he'll sell you them for msrp as an awesome deal!  Also cash only!

So cringe worthy 

lol, if many of us assigned value to the amount of time hunting these based on how much we make at our jobs I'm sure we would all be better off just buying from scalpers.  But there was something satisfying about getting that Meta Knight on release day (no pre-order) and paying less than retail with GCU.  The thrill of the hunt? :lol:

lol, if many of us assigned value to the amount of time hunting these based on how much we make at our jobs I'm sure we would all be better off just buying from scalpers. But there was something satisfying about getting that Meta Knight on release day (no pre-order) and paying less than retail with GCU. The thrill of the hunt? :lol:
Damn right I know there Amiibo but I still have to be CAG too.....even paying MSRP get to me sometimes

Glad to see GCU permanently dropped to $30.

I never bit at $120 but I did go in for $60 and then a year later took another bite at $30.

It was a good deal at $60 IMO, it's essential at $30.

It pays for itself in a month.

Also pleased to see Mac making a comeback instead of retiring. Pun intended.

Doubt I'll see one in the wild though.

lol, if many of us assigned value to the amount of time hunting these based on how much we make at our jobs I'm sure we would all be better off just buying from scalpers. But there was something satisfying about getting that Meta Knight on release day (no pre-order) and paying less than retail with GCU. The thrill of the hunt? :lol:
That's been half the fun for me. I didn't start until Christmas and couldnt get Little Mac and that's how this journey began for me. I've only pre-ordered Shulk and Ike so far and sit at 28/29. Broke down a grabbed Little Mac for about $35 on ebay about 6 weeks ago and just grabbed DeDeDe for 25 about a week ago and got a villager from Germany. Everything else I've found in the wild and can't explain the satisfaction I had after waiting in the cold at TRU on 1/30 for 2 hours to get 1 of the 5 Lucarios they had and waiting for 3 hours at Best Buy to snag one of the 3 Meta Knights on the coldest day this year in the Triangle. I think the temp was like 4 or 5 with a wind chill of minus 10. Sure time is money, but damn if I hadn't had a blast hunting for these in the wild and having great days and crappy ones and having hilarious stories to tell with some real cool guys I met in the hunt like me. And despite my competitiveness at least being able to control myself enough to allow kids to buy these if I had an opportunity to grab one and a kid in line behind me needed it. Haven't had this much fun in a long time bros

Megadude is on Amazon.
Mega Knight?
Pretty sure he meant Meta Man.
Coming in and out of stock right now. Just keep refreshing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00PG6ZCT2/sr=1-1/qid=1425493055/ref=olp_tab_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1425493055&sr=1-1

Might be gone now. Wont add to cart anymore. I didn't get any, but it was allowing me to go through until checkout for 5 mins.

Should I do this or not?? Average ends up being $18 per if I get the only bid in which for the Rosalina, Shulk, and Pit alone may make up the difference. Opinions?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221704954668?nav=SEARCH
I did something similar to this to get Rosalina, Meta Knight, Lucario, and Shulk. Ended up paying about $20 per figure shipped which isn't bad considering each figure was about close to $15 if I was able to track them down.

But given that Marth is coming back, and that NoJ confirmed some of the others are being reprinted. I get that it hasn't been officially announced in NA but I would think it's a safe bet, given how the aftermarket for NA figures are the worst.
i keep seeing these Marth is coming back posts assuming that hes going to be reprinted exactly in the same box.

I would be shocked if that were the case, if you are a collector who is opening them then sure the reprint is great but if you are a mint box collector, then the original print would still retain its value

MD is showing up with 0 Little Macs or Captains...  The struggle is real.  Although all of the Targets around me have a ton of Yoshis.

i keep seeing these Marth is coming back posts assuming that hes going to be reprinted exactly in the same box.

I would be shocked if that were the case, if you are a collector who is opening them then sure the reprint is great but if you are a mint box collector, then the original print would still retain its value
Funny. Many of us have been telling you collectors and resellers that reprints would come and nothing would stop it. Nintendo has no reason to not sell as many as possible. We told you the boxes would be identical and they will be/are. The only way you'll get a different box is if you have a character from a different release such as the Super Mario Bros release versions vs the Smash Bros release. Otherwise there's no reason they would be any different.

Scarcity should not have any effect on figure collectibility to you. You either want to collect them or you don't. Oh you only wanted them because you thought they were an "investment"...

called my local BB and gave them the SKU for lil mac.  Said they have no stock but there are some in transit.  I take this with a grain of salt because even with the number  he asked what I was looking for(amiibo) and which one(mac).  Perhaps he is mistaken and is telling me when the next shipment of Amiibo are coming not necessarily lil mac.  Also it doesn't help with claims of people calling Every Cali store and getting the "none here" response. This are my finding in Central CA

Funny. Many of us have been telling you collectors and resellers that reprints would come and nothing would stop it. Nintendo has no reason to not sell as many as possible. We told you the boxes would be identical and they will be/are. The only way you'll get a different box is if you have a character from a different release such as the Super Mario Bros release versions vs the Smash Bros release. Otherwise there's no reason they would be any different.

Scarcity should not have any effect on figure collectibility to you. You either want to collect them or you don't. Oh you only wanted them because you thought they were an "investment"...
you dont know that for a fact, if you do please state your source

im not in the "investment" group, i buy them for myself to enjoy, however some people enjoy them in their original boxes

Albany, NY has 4 Little Macs left. Unfortunately, I'm 2 hours away in Orange County.

If there's anyone local to the area and wants to be the best human ever please snag an extra?

you dont know that for a fact, if you do please state your source

im not in the "investment" group, i buy them for myself to enjoy, however some people enjoy them in their original boxes
You don't know that they will have different boxes for a fact. If you do please state your source.

See what I did? I saw you gave your opinion then I gave an opinion. Then you stated my opinion was "wrong" because I didn't have a source so I stated your opinion was "wrong" because you didn't have a source. We are both guessing.

My best guess is that they will be exactly the same. Why would Nintendo change the box design when they reprint the smash characters? I don't believe they will.

Not gonna lie.  I love them in the box, but even more so unboxed next to my Wii U!  They look great.  I just wish I would have gotten into it sooner.  I walked by so many now rare amiibos around christmas time, I am now kicking myself for not picking them up.

You don't know that they will have different boxes for a fact. If you do please state your source.

See what I did? I saw you gave your opinion then I gave an opinion. Then you stated my opinion was "wrong" because I didn't have a source so I stated your opinion was "wrong" because you didn't have a source. We are both guessing.

My best guess is that they will be exactly the same. Why would Nintendo change the box design when they reprint the smash characters? I don't believe they will.
i didnt state my opinion as a fact, you did, thats the difference

close reading is a lost art

i didnt state my opinion as a fact, you did, thats the difference

close reading is a lost art
Evidently so is reading comprehension since anyone reading my post would know that there are no "facts" posted anywhere and I am therefore guessing. Why the hell someone has to explain this is beyond me though.

There will be reprints and they will be the same.

If anyone is in the Triangle area of NC don't hold your breath for a Mac restock at Best Buy. My preorder was canceled back in December and as a consolation the manager of the Cary store offered me a free Little Mac if he was ever restocked or able to be ordered. I emailed him last night and he responded today saying they aren't expecting any in the area and he can't divert one in from a different area's stores.

I can't imagine that they'd change up the packaging now. I mean, so far, every wave has used the same exact design in the Smash Bros series. There might be minor differences (like the copyright year) but who knows how much that would matter.

I'm wondering if I should dump my Marth and get what I can for it...:whistle2:k

I just called and they said they sold out within minutes of opening
They lied, or the associate was misinformed. They are in the back. They had 5 on the shelf, 7 in the back this morning. I called about an hour ago and the guy I spoke to assured me they had stock left.

A friend of mine is stopping by within the hour to grab one and hopefully they won't be sold out by then.

went to Best Buy. saw 3-4 amiibo box cases on the floor (and other boxes) near the cabinet where newer games and 3ds/vita units are locked.  I check the amiibo section and looks the same from last week. while waiting for someone to come by, I try to jot down the upcs and the other number on the amiibo box to google later (no hits btw -_-).

guy comes over, and I ask if more amiibo came in. He's like some Zelda and walks to the display to show me. there were maybe 8 zelda but couldn't just be zelda that were in the boxes I saw as different upcs. he then checks these big closable storage bins near the register. all had junk games and some disney infinity crap.

he claimed there were 2 pits a week or 2 ago... anyway got him to check skus. the 2 NYC stores listed in reddit were (as reported) showing 0 for Mac/Falcon and nothing in transit. No Meta knights or Pits on the way either. forgot to ask about DDD or Ike. The search was the NYC area... but

JERSEY CITY (in NJ) has 8 Captain Falcons in tranist. if anyone benefits from this info, let me know!

still didn't see any Majora's Mask CE guide which I've been looking for.

Wait so some stores got shipments in today and some stores are getting them later this week as they are in transit. Not all stores are getting them just random stores. Stores are getting Captain Falcon but stores are getting more Little Macs?

This seems like its going to be a mess trying to get them. Called a few stores and most had a bunch of people calling. Only 2 confirmed that they are getting shipments.

called my local BB and gave them the SKU for lil mac. Said they have no stock but there are some in transit. I take this with a grain of salt because even with the number he asked what I was looking for(amiibo) and which one(mac). Perhaps he is mistaken and is telling me when the next shipment of Amiibo are coming not necessarily lil mac. Also it doesn't help with claims of people calling Every Cali store and getting the "none here" response. This are my finding in Central CA
I called my local BB and none in my direct area but about 1.5 hours away they are suppose to get some. They are in transit now. I am located in Colorado.

Wait so some stores got shipments in today and some stores are getting them later this week as they are in transit. Not all stores are getting them just random stores. Stores are getting Captain Falcon but stores are getting more Little Macs?

This seems like its going to be a mess trying to get them. Called a few stores and most had a bunch of people calling. Only 2 confirmed that they are getting shipments.
That is exactly what it sounds like. I have been down this road with Lucario at TRU and KDDD everywhere and ended up empty handed. I decided just to stick to online orders and did much better. I'll stop by a best buy if I'm passing it but my desire to be proactive and call misinformed (or not informed at all) employees is completely gone.

called my local BB and gave them the SKU for lil mac. Said they have no stock but there are some in transit. I take this with a grain of salt because even with the number he asked what I was looking for(amiibo) and which one(mac). Perhaps he is mistaken and is telling me when the next shipment of Amiibo are coming not necessarily lil mac. Also it doesn't help with claims of people calling Every Cali store and getting the "none here" response. This are my finding in Central CA
I called my local BB and none in my direct area but about 1.5 hours away they are suppose to get some. They are in transit now. I am located in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back