Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
went to Best Buy. saw 3-4 amiibo box cases on the floor (and other boxes) near the cabinet where newer games and 3ds/vita units are locked. I check the amiibo section and looks the same from last week. while waiting for someone to come by, I try to jot down the upcs and the other number on the amiibo box to google later (no hits btw -_-).

guy comes over, and I ask if more amiibo came in. He's like some Zelda and walks to the display to show me. there were maybe 8 zelda but couldn't just be zelda that were in the boxes I saw as different upcs. he then checks these big closable storage bins near the register. all had junk games and some disney infinity crap.

he claimed there were 2 pits a week or 2 ago... anyway got him to check skus. the 2 NYC stores listed in reddit were (as reported) showing 0 for Mac/Falcon and nothing in transit. No Meta knights or Pits on the way either. forgot to ask about DDD or Ike. The search was the NYC area... but

JERSEY CITY (in NJ) has 8 Captain Falcons in tranist. if anyone benefits from this info, let me know!

still didn't see any Majora's Mask CE guide which I've been looking for.
I live in jersey city, I can check tomorrow morning I don't work. Do you know when they're supposed to arrive?

At times like these I am glad i am sitting 29/29 at the moment. I have yet to even preorder a single one of these and I have only paid inflated price on two of these so far. 

I was wondering if anyone else got double charged by Walmart for the Gold Mario amiibo?

Apparently they had double charge me AFTER I paid in store then to my paypal account which didn't work the first time when ordering. 

I'm really not sure how go by handling this without them canceling my order completely...

They lied, or the associate was misinformed. They are in the back. They had 5 on the shelf, 7 in the back this morning. I called about an hour ago and the guy I spoke to assured me they had stock left.

A friend of mine is stopping by within the hour to grab one and hopefully they won't be sold out by then.
Ahh, I have class until 5:30 anyway so I won't beat your friend there. If there are still 4 tell him to get me one haha

Good luck to those of you hunting these... I'm at work all day and night, otherwise, I'd join the hunt for some extras. 

Yay, I snagged a Toon Link for $12 off Amazon, thanks CAGers!

Damn right I know there Amiibo but I still have to be CAG too.....even paying MSRP get to me sometimes
I feel the same. I've been trying to buy Amiibos for my personal collection (I'm going to unbox them and touch them) but damn if it hasn't been hard as fuck to get these things at retail price. Meanwhile my husband just tells me, "Just stop wasting time searching for these things, and buy them off Ebay. We have the money." Its the Cheapass principle of the thing though.

Toon Link is majorly common around here.

My local gamestop got a stack of Sheiks and Sonics in on Monday.

I can't imagine that they'd change up the packaging now. I mean, so far, every wave has used the same exact design in the Smash Bros series. There might be minor differences (like the copyright year) but who knows how much that would matter.

I'm wondering if I should dump my Marth and get what I can for it...:whistle2:k
I will give you $20 and a virtual high five

I can't imagine that they'd change up the packaging now. I mean, so far, every wave has used the same exact design in the Smash Bros series. There might be minor differences (like the copyright year) but who knows how much that would matter.

I'm wondering if I should dump my Marth and get what I can for it... :whistle2:k
Yeah, I think the only difference will be a small copyright year in the bottom corner...might say 2015 instead of 2014. I personally dont see them changing anything else and I think the value of all of them will go down significantly if they produce enough extras. You never know until it happens but I would probably sell it now if you are going to sell it and just buy a reprint. Unless that 2015 date is gonna matter to you lol.

I spoke too soon. I got a follow up email from the manager of the Cary, NC Best Buy saying they just got a shipment of 8 Little Macs. I just went over there and picked up my free Little Mac, so they did definitely come in.

Just FYI, they're totally sold out now. Someone was buying four as I got there and three other people grabbed the remaining three. I'm lucky I emailed the manager yesterday to remind him about my canceled preorder.

I spoke too soon. I got a follow up email from the manager of the Cary, NC Best Buy saying they just got a shipment of 8 Little Macs. I just went over there and picked up my free Little Mac, so they did definitely come in.

Just FYI, they're totally sold out now. Someone was buying four as I got there and three other people grabbed the remaining three. I'm lucky I emailed the manager yesterday to remind him about my canceled preorder.

And does the box have a copyright of 2014 or 2015? Let me guess, 2014?

Wow... flippers are buying them up. You'd think BBY would figure this out by now but guess.

I'm surprised that other stores aren't getting any in.

This actually makes me worried that they will change the program. $30 for 2 years for 20% off all new games (plus all their other perks) seems unsustainable.
This....

Plus since this is a permanent change, no need to jump the gun and add onto my current subscription. I'll just ride the rest of mine out, would suck to add another 2 years only to have them change it to a silent discount of 10%.

And does the box have a copyright of 2014 or 2015? Let me guess, 2014?
It's 2014, but I'd be willing to bet this restock was not a reprint. It was literally just stock being held up by the dock strike. This particular store never received Little Mac to begin with, so I'm guessing this was the shipment they expected all the way back in December.

Wow... flippers are buying them up. You'd think BBY would figure this out by now but guess.

They didn't seem phased by it - just kept expressing how lucky I was that I had gotten in touch with the manager last night.

Who turns down money. BB is going to implement limits but at the end of the day, they aren't going to say "hey that person is buying a lot of one product, let's tell them to not buy any".

to be fair, if you listed 4 little macs on ebay and they all sold to one guy you wouldn't cancel the orders and tell him he can only buy one. These things don't make a drop in BB's earnings and they'll probably glad to get rid of it

to be fair, if you listed 4 little macs on ebay and they all sold to one guy you wouldn't cancel the orders and tell him he can only buy one. These things don't make a drop in BB's earnings and they'll probably glad to get rid of it
Actually, eBay does have a setting to block the same person from buying too much of your stuff.

the sooner they run out, the sooner people stop calling about them.
People will continue to call as long as there is hope they might have them. Customers won't know if they are sold out unless they call or go to the store and ask. Even if the employee tells them they don't have any and aren't expecting any more, do people trust what they say? Probably not.

Who turns down money. BB is going to implement limits but at the end of the day, they aren't going to say "hey that person is buying a lot of one product, let's tell them to not buy any".
Yeah I'm really wondering who are all these people in this thread that would go to the store, see 4 Little Macs on the peg , take only one and then think to themselves " there, I'll leave the rest of these here so that some other collectors can buy them." haha, right pal.

More like no, your broke ass can't afford to buy any more than one of them. The poor idealists. Literally. As if the next person isn't going to walk into the store and buy the other three that are sitting there. If stores don't care enough to enforce a one per person policy then it's definitely not your prerogative to police it.

If you were actually interested in helping people, you'd buy all four and then ship them out at cost to other CAGers that have been asking specifically for this one figure. Stop acting like leaving them on the peg is helping people out. That's so full of shit. Only in America do you have smarmy people that think they are helping others out by, in fact, doing nothing.

Yeah I'm really wondering who are all these people in this thread that would go to the store, see 4 Little Macs on the peg , take only one and then think to themselves " there, I'll leave the rest of these here so that some other collectors can buy them." haha, right pal.
And honestly, when it comes down to it the guy at my store only bought 4 when he could have bought 7. He didn't wipe out the store.

More like no, your broke ass can't afford to buy any more than one of them. The poor idealists. Literally. As if the next person isn't going to walk into the store and buy the other three that are sitting there. If stores don't care enough to enforce a one per person policy then it's definitely not your prerogative to police it.

If you were actually interested in helping people, you'd buy all four and then ship them out at cost to other CAGers that have been asking specifically for this one figure. Stop acting like leaving them on the peg is helping people out. That's so full of shit. Only in America do you have smarmy people that think they are helping others out by, in fact, doing nothing.
Could not have said it better myself. The only way you are truly helping people is buying them for your friends or fellow cags.

got 2 sonics and a mega man this morning ( got another meg man 2 days ago from walmart) at toys r us. got a heads up they got some late last night and they had about on the shelf of each. now i have mega man, rosalina, lucario and mega man sealed. i open all my duplicates except i could only find one lucario and hes sealed

Yeah, but I'd be selling them at $80 each or whatever they go for. Not for fucking $13 (or less, if they have GCU).:p You're right though, they probably just want to get rid of them.

While I concur for the most part, I also think there are still a lot of decent people out there. Thus far I've traded off a Rosalina for commons and sold a Lucario at cost. I have an Ike and Dedede coming to me from another CAG at cost.

Not saying you are wrong, but I think the CAG community and the honest tradesmanship that occurs here is still pretty sincere among the core members who want to help each other out.

Must drive the managers crazy that something that retails at $12.99 takes up their time as opposed to big ticket items.  I remember the store manager walked by the line of us waiting before the store opened, asked us what we were there for and then looked at us like we were crazy.  At that point I had to re-evaluate my life. :lol:

and he actually did call it "Mega Knight" lol.

I didn't see it mentioned, but Amazon.it has wave 4 listed, but not up for sale yet. People might want to set up page monitors for it.

I didn't see it mentioned, but Amazon.it has wave 4 listed, but not up for sale yet. People might want to set up page monitors for it.
I remember they originally listed them a while ago but not sure if they removed them and put them back up since and this is something new. I placed an order for Robin on Feb 26th. I think they had the other wave 4 in stock too but it seems like they went pretty fast.

If you were actually interested in helping people, you'd buy all four and then ship them out at cost to other CAGers that have been asking specifically for this one figure.
Yeah. Sell me that Little Mac for cost so I can turn around and sell it on eBay.

Seriously though, I agree with what you said about people leaving figures on the pegs.

If you're a NJ CAGer fixing for a Yoshi, there's like 5 at Mays Landing Target..

We need something new to happen so Yoshi isn't a hot topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back