Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Retail is a truly thankless job. If you can't sympathize with them, you shouldn't be allowed to shop B&M.
Be it retail or service, I'm always polite and friendly. However, if in the face of that I still get unprovoked attitude and poor service then all gloves are off.

Everyone's got fucking problems, if you initiate jerkitude to me I will do whatever I can in my power as a consumer or patron to make sure you answer for it.

For anyone that has ordered off Amazon.it, have you noticed a delay in their time estimate given? I have Wii Fit Trainer and Villager with an estimated delivery date of Feb 19th - 23rd, should I be concerned yet?
someone probably shot down your delivery drone

Perhaps Nintendo is waiting for the port strike to clear up and that inventory to hit stores before deciding what they can allocate to North American retailers?

You have to think having so much tied up there is going to hold them back from thinking of sending much over at the present moment.

Perhaps Nintendo is waiting for the port strike to clear up and that inventory to hit stores before deciding what they can allocate to North American retailers?

You have to think having so much tied up there is going to hold them back from thinking of sending much over at the present moment.
Referring to the Wave 4 pre-order delays

For anyone that has ordered off Amazon.it, have you noticed a delay in their time estimate given? I have Wii Fit Trainer and Villager with an estimated delivery date of Feb 19th - 23rd, should I be concerned yet?
no, dont worry. it happened to my orders too. it has to go through customs and what-have-you.

keep getting the guy at my BB that doesnt even look up SKU for me.  When I mention the number he just cuts me off and says"is that lil mac, we dont have that"  

Oh holy heck! I found a place in town with at least 30 Mega Man Amiibos. PM me if you are in Phoenix and looking and I'll tell you where. They have a couple of DKs, tons of Toon Links, Sheiks, and the various commons.

I called 5 best buys today all in SE PA just in case anyone was in the area and thought they might get one. I tried Exton, King of Prussia, Philadelphia, Wyomissing and Lancaster. I asked them all to check the SKUs on Captain and LM but none of them had any in stock or any in transit :(

I guess people aren't publicizing where they are finding amiibos anymore...  They are asking to be PM'ed individually to offer information.  

Was just at tru in langhorne, pa. They had probably 30 each of mega man and sonic. They also had a handful of shieks. Store was dead too so you have a good shot to get them all if you are looking.

but it's sooooo hard to walk thirty feet and check a shelf! I've been getting non-stop attitude because these two amiibo aren't on their website so they don't want to believe that they could possibly be in stock. GOTTA LOVE RETAIL!!!

I just have to say as a BB employee fuck people like you who think you know more than the people who work in the store. I work in the back and know right away when we do or don't have gaming stuff in and while I am polite to customers all day long nothing annoys me more than some crying kid in his late teens to early thirties thinking he knows more than I do based of sites like this.

You won't believe how much joy I get from saying no we don't have it in stock having a kid come at me with "knowledge" demanding I go to warehouse to find his amiibo and turning around telling him to follow me over to a computer so I can show him we have zero in store or on the way or in our district warehouse that covers the entire state and watching him get embarrassed in front of his friends.

Also the reason you get flak over the phone when asking for these toys (let's face it that's what they are) is that they are doing two jobs at once between answering no to somebody on the phone for the tenth time in one day for meta and actually helping someone right in front of them pick up their online order. So yes they do know before you give them the sku because they have been asked already about it.

Honestly the scalpers I deal with in the store are better than you guys who complain about retail. I've asked why do you want 12 toon links the guy said to resell online and I said no he said fine I'll just have one no managers no nothing.

As for people who say your supporting my store by buying amiibos give me a fucking break nobody gives a fuck about $12 not getting sold especially when we don't even have the Damn thing.

For all you sensible people out there I just want to say thank you for being you. When I get a nice customer come in and be disappointed we don't have one in stock I let him know when the good days to come in are for drops and all he had to do was not be a prick now he has sonic mega and a new 3ds because he knew when to try at my particular store.

I guess people aren't publicizing where they are finding amiibos anymore... They are asking to be PM'ed individually to offer information.
gotta make sure the traders and not the scalpers get them?
This basically. That and I like to say hi to my local CAGs. If I just post my find I won't know who found it useful either and it's nice to know when you've actually made a difference to someone. Especially a CAG brother.

this information is on a need to know basis. We are like the CIA, can not let certain information get into enemy hands

Great day today as I just got in my Shulk, Lucario, and Meta Knight to complete my set. All SMB pre-ordered at multiple locations to ensure there are no issues, and awaiting Wave 4.
I considered doing that, but I have them all pre-ordered at Amazon and they are generally pretty reliable so I figure I'm good (also I honestly doubt any but maybe to a lesser extent Toad will be at all hard to get).

I just have to say as a BB employee fuck people like you who think you know more than the people who work in the store. I work in the back and know right away when we do or don't have gaming stuff in and while I am polite to customers all day long nothing annoys me more than some crying kid in his late teens to early thirties thinking he knows more than I do based of sites like this.

You won't believe how much joy I get from saying no we don't have it in stock having a kid come at me with "knowledge" demanding I go to warehouse to find his amiibo and turning around telling him to follow me over to a computer so I can show him we have zero in store or on the way or in our district warehouse that covers the entire state and watching him get embarrassed in front of his friends.

Also the reason you get flak over the phone when asking for these toys (let's face it that's what they are) is that they are doing two jobs at once between answering no to somebody on the phone for the tenth time in one day for meta and actually helping someone right in front of them pick up their online order. So yes they do know before you give them the sku because they have been asked already about it.

Honestly the scalpers I deal with in the store are better than you guys who complain about retail. I've asked why do you want 12 toon links the guy said to resell online and I said no he said fine I'll just have one no managers no nothing.

As for people who say your supporting my store by buying amiibos give me a fucking break nobody gives a fuck about $12 not getting sold especially when we don't even have the Damn thing.

For all you sensible people out there I just want to say thank you for being you. When I get a nice customer come in and be disappointed we don't have one in stock I let him know when the good days to come in are for drops and all he had to do was not be a prick now he has sonic mega and a new 3ds because he knew when to try at my particular store.
Do you have any Little Mac amiibo in stock?

All I need is WFT and Villager. I don't care what region they come from but I'm so close. WFT isn't too bad anywhere from $25-35. It's villager that sucks still

Well today was a waste. Called a BB an hour away that said they had 4 Captain Falcon's. Asked the girl to physically see if they have it. She did. Told me she couldn't hold 1 Captain Falcon. I quickly drove over to the store to which she said they have none. Said there are 4 on a truck somewhere to or at their store but she isn't sure. Girl goes to check if they can get them. Comes back 30 minutes later and tells me they have none. It was the same girl I asked if they were physically there too.

Waste of time but so is the life of amiibo hunting.

My order from a Japanese reseller has been stuck at JFK in NYC since Feb 24.
Like, as in a USPS facility? That shit can get really annoying. I imported something like 2 years ago and it sat at a USPS facility in Chicago (less than 2 hours from where I lived at the time) for a month before it was delivered. It wasn't even inspected.

Do you have any Little Mac amiibo in stock?
I actually didn't go to work today but I know we don't because a coworker txt me saying somebody came in to ask about it. So no we don't plenty of bowser though and two diddy Kong but I don't know if he's rare anymore we get him off our trucks now.

Like, as in a USPS facility? That shit can get really annoying. I imported something like 2 years ago and it sat at a USPS facility in Chicago (less than 2 hours from where I lived at the time) for a month before it was delivered. It wasn't even inspected.
It was shipped via JP Post so I think it will transfer over to USPS. Yeah, just sitting there. This is annoying. I go on vacation in a week for 10 days and with my luck they will try to deliver it then. I will have to put a hold on my mail.

I remember buying a TV at best buy and was told by the employees who are "smarter than me" that monster cables are better. Yes, smart employees indeed.

Look, I get that it can be annoying when some random consumer comes in acting all bossy about stock that isn't really there, and I'm not going to say that I've never done that before (only when the site I'm basing it on is the store's own site, though), but when we get statements like this pretty often:

plenty of bowser though and two diddy Kong but I don't know if he's rare anymore
when it's something that everybody following the topic already knows the answer to (he's not and hasn't been for a while)? It's not hard to see why we have this prevailing mentality of the employees being clueless. Even if it's not something that they're supposed to know in the first place, whenever a customer asks an employee a question or gets help and the only response they get is "I don't know" or something that they know is completely false, the customer doesn't think that the employee isn't supposed to know that. They think that it's a dumb employee.

And this is why you're just a common worker. Every item sold in a store is worth it. Even those not in the store (which is why POS is available for customers to order). If it wasn't it wouldn't be in the store nor would any other amiibo. That $12 toy pays for over an hour of your work so you better hope someone buys it.

Who the hell is buying Toon Links to resell? They aren't worth anything. Prevent people from buying the store limit, of 3, but to deny someone of any regardless of what they will do with it, is beyond idiotic IMO. You do not run the store or know how to run a business, do not implement your own made up rules to stick it to some person trying to make a living because you feel entitled to do so.

Sucks because it's people like you that make buying more than 1 an issue. People do buy these for friends, family, trades, etc. To be told the limit is 1 (when its not) because someone wants to make up rules is getting out of control.

But seeing as you don't see the value of an item regardless of price, I guess this point is going to go over your head.

I remember buying a TV at best buy and was told by the employees who are "smarter than me" that monster cables are better. Yes, smart employees indeed.
Not the same at all. They're obligated to push and upsell accessories and performance is graded on that so they'll say what they have to for a sale.

When it comes to an item being in stock theres no debating. It either is or isn't.

And this is why you're just a common worker. Every item sold in a store is worth it. Even those not in the store (which is why POS is available for customers to order). If it wasn't it wouldn't be in the store nor would any other amiibo. That $12 toy pays for over an hour of your work so you better hope someone buys it.

Who the hell is buying Toon Links to resell? They aren't worth anything. Prevent people from buying the store limit, of 3, but to deny someone of any regardless of what they will do with it, is beyond idiotic IMO. You do not run the store or know how to run a business, do not implement your own made up rules to stick it to some person trying to make a living because you feel entitled to do so.

Sucks because it's people like you that make buying more than 1 an issue. People do buy these for friends, family, trades, etc. To be told the limit is 1 (when its not) because someone wants to make up rules is getting out of control.

But seeing as you don't see the value of an item regardless of price, I guess this point is going to go over your head.
A lot of stores have policy against selling to resellers.

Just have your mom drive you there and then you don't have to insult people on the internet because then she can go in and get one too.

See what you did you did?? You made the reseller mad now

This whole thing reminds me of this. I know I did this a lot when I worked at retail. I knew the game inventory like the back of my hand and when I told the customer that we're completely sold out with our inventory showing 0 on hand, they still insisted that I check the back. Fine by me. I wanted to take a drink of my soda.

723758158_koamt-1050x10000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back