Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked at a brand new Wal-Mart for 3 months before it opened and about 4 months after grand opening. Plenty of opportunity there to hire and train competent employees; to be great from the ground up.

Honestly? None of the employees give a shit. Management is incompetent and it trickles down. Why bother doing your job when those well above you have no idea what that job is even supposed to be? It's an awful store with awful practices and little to no standards as to what each store should be or look like.

It does not shock me in the least that so many Gold Marios have been found pre-release. Maybe one day they'll bother spending a fraction of their insane profits on proper training. Until then it will continue being the store with the worst customer service I have ever experienced or been a part of. Ugh.
It really does vary from store to store. I too worked at a brand new store back in my home town and from what I saw it was run pretty well. Depending on what area you work in and what you have access to you get to see a lot of the behind the scenes stuff.

Not to say there weren't royal screw ups every now and then, we're all human and Walmart employees aren't always top shelf so, yeah. The vast majority of it really does depend on management though. I worked with some really awesome and cool people that taught me a lot about business, professionalism and the like.The store didn't get to be where it is on a whim, but now that they're there...yeah lol. Just my personal experience, but it's so easy for anyone to rip on them at a surface level.

The Amiibos don't have a Nintendo street date, the street date that is in the computer is one set by Walmart.
There's also no such thing as a fine if Walmart sells something early that does have a manufacturer's street date. The manufacturer can refuse to provide marketing support or other benefits to the retailer, but they have no power to fine them.

My Toad just shipped from BBY. Amazon shipped my Toad order as well. Now, I will have two as Amazon was full price and BBY was $0.43 due to GCU and a RZ certificate.

They can't sell them early. Even if they wanted to. It's a huge fine if they break street date.
A huge fine Nintendo would never ever charge Wal-Mart because of fear of retaliation of not carrying their products. And "huge" carries between 3,000-10,000, which let's just pretend is 10,000, is nothing to Wal-Mart.

A huge fine Nintendo would never ever charge Wal-Mart because of fear of retaliation of not carrying their products. And "huge" carries between 3,000-10,000, which let's just pretend is 10,000, is nothing to Wal-Mart.
WM is the #1 retailer in the world. Nintendo would be wise not to make them upset at all.

I read something a year ago that said if Sam Walton was alive today, he would be twice as wealthy as the person at #2, Bill Gates.

Not only is this correct, but also keep in mind that this "fine" is not imposed by the federal trade comission or any other government authority. It's basically just the publisher's (Nintendo) discretion to impose a penalty fee to a business that isnt playing with the fair trade agreement, however, theres really no repercussion on the part of the retailer if they don't pay. Basically, Nintendo would just get pissed and cut off shipping their products to Walmart. Walmart won't care, and Nintendo will suffer more in the end.

Gold Mario has been hands down the easiest store exclusive to obtain and release day hasn't even happened yet.  People will complain about anything. 

Stop this, these are not street dated, stop perpetuating nonsense

Gold Mario has been hands down the easiest store exclusive to obtain and release day hasn't even happened yet. People will complain about anything.
Yep lol...

Well compared to all other waves, this wave actually did have a specific date set by Nintendo which is March 20th to coincide with Mario Party. No idea if its an actual street date as far as games have but they were definitely given a specific release date by Nintendo, unlike other waves.

I don't even care about the street date. I'm saying Wal-Mart won't get fined if they release early. There are no street dates on these toys. Wal-Mart POS has simply locked out the sale to a specific date.

Gold Mario has been hands down the easiest store exclusive to obtain and release day hasn't even happened yet. People will complain about anything.
Gotta disagree on that one. Remember when Meta Knight was available for what had to have been weeks continuously? Yea, I'd say he was the easiest to obtain.

All the store exclusives were available for preorder for close to a month. With the exception of rosalina. Meta knight was definitely not available the longest, because he's the best buy(GCU and b2g1 glitch that wiped out there amiibo inventory) exclusive.

Oh I realize that, the system won't even let them. However, I have heard stories about people buying the gold with a regular amiibo and just using the self scanner to scan the regular one twice. Unethical, yes, but people don't seem to care about ethics when Gold Mario is involved.
milkygold_zpsyysfd8aj.gif

Waited too long to try to cancel my web in-store Toad order at GameStop, already being packaged.  Guess I'll be returning that one since Best Buy will be shipping soon.

All the store exclusives were available for preorder for close to a month. With the exception of rosalina. Meta knight was definitely not available the longest, because he's the best buy(GCU and b2g1 glitch that wiped out there amiibo inventory) exclusive.
Mega was up longer than Lucario was, but not as long as Shulk. Either way, there were long stretches of time where you could place an order or pre-order both of those two, while the Gold Mario has been up sporadically for about 30 minutes max at a time. Unless you are monitoring, that is tough. Even then, I have been keeping up and even got in a minute after pre-orders have gone up but have been unable to check out with only one in my cart.

There's no way Gold Mario has been close to the easiest, let alone as easy as Mega or Shulk.

Mega was up longer than Lucario was, but not as long as Shulk. Either way, there were long stretches of time where you could place an order or pre-order both of those two, while the Gold Mario has been up sporadically for about 30 minutes max at a time. Unless you are monitoring, that is tough. Even then, I have been keeping up and even got in a minute after pre-orders have gone up but have been unable to check out with only one in my cart.

There's no way Gold Mario has been close to the easiest, let alone as easy as Mega or Shulk.
This, I'm amazed you guys think Gold Mario is easier than Shulk. I was able to walk into my local Gamestop and order a Shulk pretty darn easily. GMario has come up again and again sure but as you said buddy unless you're monitoring it that doesn't really help you.

Because people like collecting figures. Is such a simple concept *really* so hard for you to comprehend?
Not really. I have games for systems I don't have and my girlfriend mentions it and I'm like but I'll get one at some point.

It's just that everybody freaks out about saving $10ish with GCU and then spends it on mini statues.

Is *my* simple concept really so hard for you to comprehend? Lol

Gotta disagree on that one. Remember when Meta Knight was available for what had to have been weeks continuously? Yea, I'd say he was the easiest to obtain.
Metaknight and Shulk were the easiest if you were in to amiibos from anywhere close to the launch of Smash.
That's fine. 80-90% of the people here didn't collect amiibos when Meta Knight, Lucario, and Shulk went up for pre-order. Hence why they lasted so long. Many people started collecting shortly after Christmas or near the start of 2015 which was only ~6 weeks after amiibos released a day or two before Thanksgiving. Hardly anyone was buying some new wave of plastic figurines for themselves at a time when there were tons of Christmas expenses, Black Friday, and numerous seasonal sales.

Amiibos didn't even start picking up steam until around halfway through December when there were leaked Gamestop memos saying that WTF, Marth, and Villager were being discontinued.

Not really. I have games for systems I don't have and my girlfriend mentions it and I'm like but I'll get one at some point.

It's just that everybody freaks out about saving $10ish with GCU and then spends it on mini statues.

Is *my* simple concept really so hard for you to comprehend? Lol
Because they look cool on a shelf and the dlc is just a bonus.

That's fine. 80-90% of the people here didn't collect amiibos when Meta Knight, Lucario, and Shulk went up for pre-order. Hence why they lasted so long. Many people started collecting shortly after Christmas or near the start of 2015 which was only ~6 weeks after amiibos released a day or two before Thanksgiving. Hardly anyone was buying some new wave of plastic figurines for themselves at a time when there were tons of Christmas expenses, Black Friday, and numerous seasonal sales.
And, you know, I'm sure people getting tax refunds spurred a splurging tendency on many in Jan/Feb, gamers/collector's certainly being no exception.

Hence why those ones were the easiest to get, it doesn't matter if people hopped on the train late in regards to what is being discussed here. Still would say Shulk was by far the easiest because, even on day of release and maybe a bit the day after, you could walk in to a GS and WIS one from the second batch. 

As far as store exclusive PREORDERS are concerned the easiest to hardest goes like this:

Shulk > Meta > Lucario > Gold Mario > Rosalina

If I had to rank them it'd be Shulk > Meta Knight >>> Lucario >>>>>> Rosalina

Shulk and Meta Knight were up for pre-order for a good chunk of time. Lucario was only available for a week or two online. And Rosalina pre-orders only went up at 3 AM in the morning every few nights.

If I had to rank them it'd be Shulk > Meta Knight >>> Lucario >>>>>> Rosalina

Shulk and Meta Knight were up for pre-order for a good chunk of time. Lucario was only available for a week or two online. And Rosalina pre-orders only went up at 3 AM in the morning every few nights.
It will never be this easy again. With the Wave 3 fiascoes, the SMB series sold out in minutes at many retailers, and it's likely to be all commons (except Toad, who might be semi-common). Wave 4 preorders will likely be like Apple products on a Lightning Deal - "click the second they appear and you still won't get them."

It's not a matter of perception. Literally if you break down the times they were up to pre-order the sheer hours that GS and BB had their exclusives up, paired with the ability to just do it whenever the mood hit, factually makes those figurines easier to pre-order than Gold Mario, or any other retailer exclusive.

Thank God my $37 ebay Rosalina didn't have a gamestop sticker on it, come to think of it, none of them did which made it well worth the extra $24. I just hate cleaning those stickers off with lighter fluid.

[attachment=13084:$T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8GcoBRT7WVmjgQ~~60_57.JPG]

Gold Mario might be as rare as these.

It appears many that ordered MP bundle from BB have received shipping confirmation. I have as well but no shipping on MP amiibos. Has anyone received shipping on amiibos?

I started collecting well before Christmas, so had plenty of time to secure the preorders for Shulk, Lucario, and MK. Rosalina was obviously a pain in the ass, but the other three were all fairly easy because the amiibo craze had not yet hit a fever pitch at the time. 

I got a Gold Mario by the skin of my teeth on the 4th attempt after monitoring and F5'ing the shit out of my computer, so from personal experience it was more difficult than Shulk, Lucario, or MK. Rosalina is the only one so far, that I've had to go to the store to get. I've used other alternative methods to secure the holy trinity. 

Pretty sure no one is arguing with you that those ones were available for longer stretches of time.
Pretty sure you are. When talking about which is 'easiest' to preorder, the amount of time that they are up for is literally the most important part. Not the number of times something was put up for like 30 minutes randomly throughout the day.

As far as store exclusive PREORDERS are concerned the easiest to hardest goes like this:

Shulk > Meta > Lucario > Gold Mario > Rosalina
I agree with this, I started collecting on 12/10, by then Lucario was already sold out online at TRU. Meta Knight and Shulk felt like they were up forever.

12/06 the RUMOR of them being discontinued hit the internet
(nintendolife, nintendoeverything)

12/08 Nintendo OFFICIALLY announces "The Trinity" discontinuation

I started collecting on 12/10, by then Lucario was already sold out online at TRU. Meta Knight and Shulk felt like they were up forever.

12/06 the RUMOR of them being discontinued hit the internet
(nintendolife, nintendoeverything)

12/08 Nintendo OFFICIALLY announces "The Trinity" discontinuation
Yeah, I missed Lucario pre-orders as well, was lucky enough to get one the morning of release standing in line. But you are right, MK and Shulk were up for a long damn time. I think Meta was taken down sometime around when my Little Mac was canceled and BB gave me that $25 gift card like it would mean anything.

It's interesting that many of you are reporting delivery dates of March 24-26 for your most recent orders. I was in on the first wave of preorders and am march 27-30.

Here we go!
That is just the perfect example, here we have a vanilla scalper in it's natural habitat. First off his username is Batman :rofl: and the listing description, a single line, isn't even a complete sentence, thus showing great haste. Finally, they urge you to not wait, buy now. It's not even an auction. Sorry to those of you still trying to get one and having to resort to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back