Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot to mention as I was checking out with some groceries at Walmart, there was a guy behind me who was walking around like he was drunk, kept dropping his chicken, and had a 12 pack of Miller Light in his hand. I waited 5min outside to wait for him and see if he would drive off weird and then call the police, but I never saw him come out.

The closest 2 Walmarts had 8 each go mysteriously missing from the back (since I checked 2 days ago when they were in "a specific location".) Weird stuff. I highly suspect employees are wise to this amiibo craze by now.

Thankfully, the last Walmart I would ever have gone to--a rough one--had 4 to give out...and I just so happened to be the fourth person to show up! Good thing I arrived at the third location no later than 10:15 pm too. Because the fifth person (hardcore goth guy, who knew?) rolled up no less than 10 minutes later and was pretty ticked when he was informed that there were only 4 Gold Mario Amiibo in stock. Us four BigN fanboys/girls stopped our chattering and went completely, awkwardly silent for 5 whole seconds when he walked over. Respect to the impressive tank-of-a-man who told him straight up so the poor guy wouldn't be standing there all night for nothing. I know I wouldn't have been able to say it to his face like that.

After tonight's lovely festivities and seeing the quality of the Gold Mario Amiibo, I'm totally okay with just one. There's no need for double, since there's no need to open this one. Regular Mario will work just fine as an open box. At least, I think so. There's no additional features included on the gold ones, right? becausethatwouldberacistlolsonotserious

Will any of y'all try again at 6am for those that are "missing?" Or do you (like me) believe the correct term here is "stolen" and give up?
Whats so awkward about it? I just flat out tell them how many they have or say we are patiently waiting for bed sheets.

Lol, I left my name and number. I'm sure they will call me at 7am like they promised they would. I don't think they are going to find them.

I did manage to place an order on walmart.com, but it's still "processing." Is this normal? Shouldn't it have shipped by now if it was actually going to ship? This same shit happened with a Mega Man amiibo and it got cancelled.
Did you also go to the Sugarland TX Walmart?

Lol, I left my name and number. I'm sure they will call me at 7am like they promised they would. I don't think they are going to find them.

I did manage to place an order on walmart.com, but it's still "processing." Is this normal? Shouldn't it have shipped by now if it was actually going to ship? This same shit happened with a Mega Man amiibo and it got cancelled.
My order hasn't shipped either. If I don't get one I won't be heart broken but it will be an annoyance.

Walmart story time

My Walmart is usually late getting any Amiibo but tonight I knew would be different. I worked all 3 jobs today (8am-11:20 pm) then decided I would check the line. 4 people in line. 2 Walmart employees and their boyfriends.... I was a bit thrown off since they were dressed for work with their name tags on, but I decided to wait and see. I had my earphones in but turned off because the employees were chatting it up with the electronics employee about how these things resell for so much. They were saying, "$80 apiece we will get from these... Remember how we got those last boxes??? We made close to a grand on those." I nearly lost my shit right then. I just knew this guy was gonna sell them each a case (16 total) and I would get nothing. I wanted 2 (one to open and one to keep on card) and just knew I would be shut out... And by employees!!!!! Midnight comes and the first employee says "I'll take a case". She gets her case. Next employee says "a case". Gets it. Boyfriend 1 says, "same". Gets it. Last boyfriend says "same..... Well ok I'll take 3". Gets it. Electronics employee says, "well I hope you just want one cause that's what they left you." I bought my one calmly saying, "well I guess you didn't leave me much option did you?" I take my receipt and ask for the manager. Manager comes and I tell the story. Electronics employee acts as if he had zero clue they worked at Walmart. I ask him how many more stores in town have the exact same name tag as Walmart.... Inform the manager on duty their intention to resell for an absurd amount. She apologized and I said, "it's ok I will see Matt (Store Manager) tomorrow and explain to him that he has employees that are making a gross profit on his product and leaving nothing or next to nothing in this case for the actual consumer." She apologized again, scolded the electronics employee and Ieft.
Thanks for sharing. Sadly, somebody is going to come to the rescue and defend these Walmart employees.

Walmart story time

My Walmart is usually late getting any Amiibo but tonight I knew would be different. I worked all 3 jobs today (8am-11:20 pm) then decided I would check the line. 4 people in line. 2 Walmart employees and their boyfriends.... I was a bit thrown off since they were dressed for work with their name tags on, but I decided to wait and see. I had my earphones in but turned off because the employees were chatting it up with the electronics employee about how these things resell for so much. They were saying, "$80 apiece we will get from these... Remember how we got those last boxes??? We made close to a grand on those." I nearly lost my shit right then. I just knew this guy was gonna sell them each a case (16 total) and I would get nothing. I wanted 2 (one to open and one to keep on card) and just knew I would be shut out... And by employees!!!!! Midnight comes and the first employee says "I'll take a case". She gets her case. Next employee says "a case". Gets it. Boyfriend 1 says, "same". Gets it. Last boyfriend says "same..... Well ok I'll take 3". Gets it. Electronics employee says, "well I hope you just want one cause that's what they left you." I bought my one calmly saying, "well I guess you didn't leave me much option did you?" I take my receipt and ask for the manager. Manager comes and I tell the story. Electronics employee acts as if he had zero clue they worked at Walmart. I ask him how many more stores in town have the exact same name tag as Walmart.... Inform the manager on duty their intention to resell for an absurd amount. She apologized and I said, "it's ok I will see Matt (Store Manager) tomorrow and explain to him that he has employees that are making a gross profit on his product and leaving nothing or next to nothing in this case for the actual consumer." She apologized again, scolded the electronics employee and Ieft.
Bra-F-ing-Vo!!! That's the kinda crap employees should be fired for. Many retailers have a "shelf clearing" policy and if Wal-Mart does, it was 100% violated. Good for you blowing the whistle.

Whats so awkward about it? I just flat out tell them how many they have or say we are patiently waiting for bed sheets.
Yes, this is definitely what I should have done. Despite the obvious awkward moment, I still found that initial moment kinda humorous. I think we were all speechless because we were identifying with his predicament and future frustration for a few seconds. There should have been 5. :(

Ready to have your jimmies rustled? Some guy on reddit posted this. Luckily the mods are being super quick tonight in deleting these posts of people buying multiple copies.

T4ZRIUX.jpg

So they had 16 at Wal-Mart in Pico Rivera. Ask clerk and he said they were already sold customers just had to get back by 1230am. If no one showes up he said that they would be put on the floor. About twenty sharks circling around the department. So I just took off. Hopefully my son never sees a picture of it online.
Man, that sucks. Did you show up and they had sold them before 12am? That's supposedly against corporate regulation. Source: a Walmart employee who bluntly declared that if he'd known these were selling tonight, HE would have been the one hiding them all. Called himself a Nintendo fanboy in the same heretical breath, ha. Not entirely convinced he wasn't the culprit, really.

My Walmart did 8, 7 people showed up not counting couples. The first four (My brother included) of us (And one guy's wife) regaled stories of collecting to each other. I said I was hoping to get an extra to send to my friend on the East Coast was able to get the Majora's Mask 3DS for me. The one couple ended up each getting one and gave me the extra for MSRP (I gave them a $20 though). I gave them my PSN name so hopefully I made friends, BUT...

On the way home, my brother and I decided to stop at another Walmart. The one that told us that they weren't putting them out until the 24th. They had four out. We picked them up. He has two extras to do with what he will and I have two for gifts and one to give back to the people who sold it to me. Wish they would add me so I could tell them the good news! They were so nice!

No comment!  :nottalking:

https://twitter.com/MrAGeezie/status/578806366069878785

Figured I would share my Walmart story. Las Vegas, NV boulder Highway/Nellis store I was 9th in line and they announced that they had 10 figures, then a rebound happened and they had only 8. Luck wasn't on my side and 5 of the people were there just to buy one to sell, but I wanted to applaud everyone in line because everyone only bought one and didn't screw the other people out of the available stock

I missed 2nd half of ballgame but 4 hours later I didn't come home empty handed. Well worth it & very thankful to have gotten because it's honestly the coolest looking figure I've seen.                  
tumblr_nli30ovfRC1rr6e7xo2_540.jpg
tumblr_nli30ovfRC1rr6e7xo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nli30ovfRC1rr6e7xo3_540.jpg
tumblr_nli30ovfRC1rr6e7xo4_540.jpg

Well im sadly stuck at work till 9am. I may bother checking two walmarts on the way home both open at 7 so i dobut ill find a gold mario but who knows.

Expected but still amazed how much people are posting their's on eBay and Amazon for $40 - $60 right now when its clear this is one of the harder ones to get and will not get a restock beyond NWS. 

Wonder if this is how it was with other rares or just random.

Also, did anyone's store get the regular Super Mario Amiibo's? My store only had Gold Mario's. The other stores we called said they only received the Gold Mario's as well and nothing else.

Figured I would share my Walmart story. Las Vegas, NV boulder Highway/Nellis store I was 9th in line and they announced that they had 10 figures, then a rebound happened and they had only 8. Luck wasn't on my side and 5 of the people were there just to buy one to sell, but I wanted to applaud everyone in line because everyone only bought one and didn't screw the other people out of the available stock
I was actually curious about this one since it 2nd closest to my house, thanks for sharing

Got to Walmart on Tatum and Bell in Phoenix AZ at midnight and was told they only had 2, and they were both bought by a woman who had been waiting since 2PM. I'd rather pay scalper prices than wait 10 hours haha.

Walmart story time

I seriously doubt your walmart got 64 gold marios. Each "case" held 4 amiibos. Thats why the first 3 got a case, and the last guy just got three. You got the last one.

Besides that, I would have said something as soon as I saw what was going on. Something along the lines of "if you guys like your job, you better make sure I at least have XXXX too. If not, i'll get the manager right now and we will see what she has to say.

I went to 2 walmart tonight looking for gold mario and toad. No toads but both these walmarts had 2 boxes (4 gold mario each) & the boxes have nintendo in small letters and bar code but no names of what particular figure is in the box. Both of these walmarts are super centers so if 8 each is all they had then these will be really scarce this time next month. Whether this inflates the price more than what they've peaked at already is anyone's guess but I would say to all those who really want 1 check you walmarts in the morning and be persistent but nice & ask them to check in the back if they don't care. Tell them they are 4 per box & probably 6-8 boxes total like that of the various SMB series. When they bring them out don't be surprised to see gold Mario. If you can't get one this way then by all means pay the premium online to get one. I know it's hard to go against your principles to do so but I really think even paying $60-75 for one of these right now will prove to be a good investment. Nintendo might release more in the future but at the ridiculous low numbers they made the 1st time I don't expect a 2nd run would be any larger which would still mean probably less than 100,000 of these are out there which is far far outstripped by demand.

BTW, anyone find any Toads tonight? I really hope he becomes easy to find. I need him for treasure tracker.
I asked when I got my gold Mario, but the lady said they got none of the others (I suspect she didn't know there were more). However, if you have a local Toys R Us, you shouldn't have a problem as it looks like most got 16 or 32 Toads (and there will be a limit of one character per person). Oddly enough, it seems Bowser is the short pack of the Mario Party series.

Walmart still haven't shipped my Gold Mario but as long I haven't received a cancelation I'm fine with the wait.  With that being said, just wanted to put the intel out that Toad actually got the biggest shipment out of the Mario party line as far as targets go. Lowest counts goto Mario & Bowser ranging from 0-4. However some may be on trucks but all the other MP line arrived fed ex, so I doubt it.   

I like the peach and luigi amiibo but I'm not biting on this wave nor the hype besides gold mario. I don't think toad will be rare, everyone buying him out of hype but i'm sure he'll be like diddy. Especially with the success of captain toad and his inclusion in MP, he'll continue to get shipments. Just like how Target brought back Kirby despite being discontinued when his WiiU title released.

Happy Hunting fellow CAGs. 

I asked when I got my gold Mario, but the lady said they got none of the others (I suspect she didn't know there were more). However, if you have a local Toys R Us, you shouldn't have a problem as it looks like most got 16 or 32 Toads (and there will be a limit of one character per person). Oddly enough, it seems Bowser is the short pack of the Mario Party series.
Probably a combination of being in the most recent wave and looking extremely similar to the old version.

Well i got really lucky. Stopped by my local walmart on the way to work that opens at 6am. Got there a few mins early and noticed they were already open. I was the third person they had and they only had 4, one per person. I asked the guy when i first got there how many they originally had and he actually told me that they actually had 8 and 4 of them went to the late night crew. So yeah it does look like employees are getting there hands on them.

Got to Nintendo World around 6:45. The line is about a block and a half. The end of the line is across the street. No way they have that many amiibos. By the time i hit the store it will be 3 hours later. I decided to head to work early.

Got to Nintendo World around 6:45. The line is about a block and a half. The end of the line is across the street. No way they have that many amiibos. By the time i hit the store it will be 3 hours later. I decided to head to work early.
They ran out already. NW really needs to get a little bit more consistent with their event planning. They send out a tweet saying line up starts at midnight then distribute the majority of the wristbands at 9pm because they didn't want to get up early. wtf

I just struck out. My walmart only had 7, so an employee definitely took 1. Oh well. That was my 1 shot because I'm technically suppose to be at work right now but I ducked out for 20 mins

Does anyone know if the Mario that comes inside MP10 is a retail box? I want to get the Mario but sell the game and I wanted the Mario to be in a regular retail package.

Just got back from a 6am opening store. We fell asleep but woke up at 6:07 and she rushed into the store. We see the employee giving two customers 1 of each Gold Mario. There is another group with us but my friend wanted one and the guy wanted one (not his gf he was with). We know these are shipped in cases of 4/each so we were good. 

The assistant manager tells us they only had those 2. He scans the barcode and shows there are 2 more somewhere. He couldn't find it and said to wait till 7am for another employee to look for it. We do and that employee goes to look for it. He comes back with a box full of LE and Standard Mario Party 10's but no amiibos.

He said he sold 2 already earlier in the week. We're like "that can't be, it has a street date on the box". He goes "I can sell it based on the date"... though the date on the box is today. He said Walmart (his store) ordered more so they should be coming in soon. I try to explain to him that w/ the rare amiibos anything pass the initial release isn't going to have any restocks anytime soon. He swears that store will get more. Both of our groups walk out empty handed.

Happy I was able to pre-order 1, many people seem to be walking away empty handed for the same reasons.

So I had an interesting time at Walmart tonight. Got there around 8:45 just to ask how many Gold Marios they had. There was also 2 others that showed up at the same time also asking the same thing. Well the store manager knew they got in 8 of them but can't find any of them. We found out an employee did accidentally put them out yesterday. So the theory was someone had took them from the shelf and hid them somewhere in the store. We all searched around the store for about 20 minutes with no success. The manager took down our names and said she'll call us if they locate them. Meanwhile she notified every cashier to halt any Gold Mario Amiibo sales at the register. Fast forward to 11pm. I returned to the store to check out the situation, they still havn't located any of the 8. But about 10 minutes later, This one customer who was also waiting found 4 Gold Mario Amiibos stashed behind a bunch of legos in the toy department. Those went to the first 4 people on the list, including me. The best part of the story was at midnight, the Manager decided to wait by the toy department where the 4 missing Amiibos were found. 2 guys came in and started digging through the Lego boxes, we immediately knew they were the culprits. The Manager told them they were found and sold. Those two guys were so pissed lol. Unfortunately there are still 4 more missing and those two guys would not admit to hiding the other 4. But a store memo went out stating all Gold Amiibos cannot be checked out without manager approval, they were also still searching the store for the other 4 as I left.
Wow, so much loser in this post. And I'm not referring to the guys who hid the amiibos.

Struck out at the Cinnaminson Walmart. They open at 7:00 and I got there a few minutes after and they were gone already. I asked the woman at electronics and she said they only got 4. She did say they didn't all go to one person though so at least it wasn't a scalper that beat me. I'm glad I never told my son about this figure so he won't know he missed out. At least he's getting Toad in the mail today.

Wow, so much loser in this post. And I'm not referring to the guys who hid the amiibos.
Imagine the chaos if they were found by different customer and hid em somewhere else in the building lol. That'd be funny actually...

As for 6am store Walmart..there were 5 of us at the lineup, and we were able to buy only one each, and I got one. The last three went to the customer services..I assume preordered online. There was two cases only, totaling 8 gold marios...SOLD OUT.

Waited in line with about 10 people at the Springfield MA store. Employees were looking at us thru the doors, no one said a word to us. 7am the doors open and everyone goes to electronics. No employee there. One guy calls the store and says we are waiting back there.
30 min later an employee goes out back to look and can't locate their shipment. Same story for the Chicopee MA store.
Manchester CT told me on the phone they only received 4 And had a line of 50 people still.
Handled this very poorly at all locations if you ask me

Went to the new Walmart in VA Beach this morning. They said they only had 8 and they had a line for all 8 around 8PM last night. Lol, glad I got an order in online!!

6am was when Walmart opened. 6:58 was when they found them even though no one knew what it was and guaranteed they didn't have it.

Just me and one other guy. Manager limited us to 1 each. Didn't care about 1 to open 1 to keep in package.

That is fair. Just wish it didn't take 11 employees to find it. None of them would bother taking upc or item number.

Felt bad for other guy. He drove 2 hrs. Only got 1. Didn't have a toad for him either lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back