Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even see people doing the site to store thing last night, but ended up doing it myself on a whim because my phone still had the Walmart site up. I put one in at a local Walmart that I had just been to earlier that day (They didn't have any out), and it seems they actually had them as my order is ready for pickup. I had my brother place one, too. I don't know if his is ready, but I'll find out in a bit.

Tried another Walmart for in store pickup an hour away. It worked this time. Just called and the lady at walmart said they had him and that I can pick it up this weekend. Might go tomorrow though. Is there any way for me to get more than one through in store?

I already got a full run of the Super Mario series via online orders but I checked out the amiibo sections at a few local stores today:

Best Buy had 2x Fox and an empty peg for Wii Fit Trainer!
They had all of the Super Mario series amiibo except Toad as well.

Target had the usual commons and all of the Super Mario series minus Toad, ditto for Gamestop.

I was really only looking for a 2nd Toad to open so I didn't end up getting anything.

Don't know if posted yet (probably in another thread) but the limited Edition majoras mask new 3ds is back in Stock at gamestop. I went instore and they had 6 just sitting there. Guy said all gamestops should be getting them in. I know how crazy the thread went for them Originally. Hopefully anyone who wanted one can get one now.

I already got a full run of the Super Mario series via online orders but I checked out the amiibo sections at a few local stores today:

Target had the usual commons and all of the Super Mario series minus Toad, ditto for Gamestop.

I was really only looking for a 2nd Toad to open so I didn't end up getting anything.
Try toys r us

Amazon has toad up but it's on 1-2 days backordered.

http://www.amazon.com/Toad-amiibo-Wii-U/dp/B00S7O6R9E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1427228743&sr=8-3&keywords=ness+amiibo

I'm wondering, has anyone found any of the gold marios in a Walmart that showed 'no stock'?
I did. Although the lady at the counter told me that it was a cancelled preorder from yesterday. It was locked at the counter. Luckily it did not have a preorder sticker on it either. Best thing to do is go to the store and check.

SO is the Mario amiibo from the Super Mario line only available in the MP10 bundle?  He's the only one I havent seen yet.  Got Yoshi, Luigi and Peach with my store bought Gold Mario (and got my pair of online orders yesterday and tomorrow).  Picked up a Bowser today from Gamestop with the Handsome Collection.  First Bowser I had seen.

Still no sighting of the Mario one though....  I assume its bundle only at this point.

SO is the Mario amiibo from the Super Mario line only available in the MP10 bundle? He's the only one I havent seen yet. Got Yoshi, Luigi and Peach with my store bought Gold Mario (and got my pair of online orders yesterday and tomorrow). Picked up a Bowser today from Gamestop with the Handsome Collection. First Bowser I had seen.

Still no sighting of the Mario one though.... I assume its bundle only at this point.
For now... It will be sold later without the game.

Managed to get gold mario amiibo for in store pickup and 2 different locumations. i guess it's not that rare? might get cancelled but i doubt it

Just had my 2nd Gold Mario delivered from Walmart, they both look in pretty good shape.

Additionally, I stopped at GS on the way home and they had several Mega Man and a couple Sonics...are these common now?

heres a nightmare story, turns out i got a new letter carrier that delivered my gold mario to a different house

i reported the lost package to post office and walmart

i checked walmart.com for store pickup and a store about 20mins from me was showing stock, so i placed order waiting to get pickup confirmation, who knows if ill get lucky

for those of you that got store pickup orders at walmart, how long did it take to get  a ready for pickup email?

i placed my order over an hour ago, still in "processing stage" but says ready by 7:52pm

for those of you that got store pickup orders at walmart, how long did it take to get a ready for pickup email?

i placed my order over an hour ago, still in "processing stage" but says ready by 7:52pm
If the store is nearby I say go. Don't risk someone else buying it off the peg.

I've gotten nothing but cancellations from Walmart for in store pick up.  Some come almost immediately, others after a few hours.

I went to one of the closer stores where the website claimed they had 4 in stock.  Employee said there haven't been any since midnight Friday.

for those of you that got store pickup orders at walmart, how long did it take to get a ready for pickup email?

3-4 hours for me, but it was late at night.

My Captain Falcon I ordered earlier today has already shipped.  I don't WTF is going on, but I'm still expecting Newegg to fuck this up somehow.

So I got my Gold Mario in today from the very first preorder wave -- I'm over 24 and yet I still walked around the house doing a "happy gold mario amiibo" dance when I opened the box. 

Also, I skipped like the last 10 pages over the past few days - any word on Wave4 Pre-orders yet? (Besides the obligatory "yup, you missed them already").

Stopped in a Walmart that showed 4 gold marios in stock after receiving a cancellation email pretty quick.  The employee didn't want to help at first but I was pretty nice about it and said I'm pretty sure that they received a shipment today because this morning they were not listed in stock.  He had no luck finding the item with his scanner with the item number from the online listing.  After a few other employees came over and couldn't find it either, he was nice enough to check the latest shipment which was still in the truck.  Sure enough they were there and I was able to purchase one.  

So what I think is happening is that as soon as the truck arrives at the store, the store must acknowledge it's arrival in the system and then walmart.com is shows the inventory from the truck as being in stock.  They are still on the truck though so when an online order is received in store the employee checks the floor and possibly the back room and cancels the order because they are not physically there yet.   I'd say the best bet is to go into the store and talk to an employee about it and see if they are on the truck or wait until the truck has been emptied.  At the store I stopped in he said that is normally between 8 and 10 pm.  

Stopped in a Walmart that showed 4 gold marios in stock after receiving a cancellation email pretty quick. The employee didn't want to help at first but I was pretty nice about it and said I'm pretty sure that they received a shipment today because this morning they were not listed in stock. He had no luck finding the item with his scanner with the item number from the online listing. After a few other employees came over and couldn't find it either, he was nice enough to check the latest shipment which was still in the truck. Sure enough they were there and I was able to purchase one.

So what I think is happening is that as soon as the truck arrives at the store, the store must acknowledge it's arrival in the system and then walmart.com is shows the inventory from the truck as being in stock. They are still on the truck though so when an online order is received in store the employee checks the floor and possibly the back room and cancels the order because they are not physically there yet. I'd say the best bet is to go into the store and talk to an employee about it and see if they are on the truck or wait until the truck has been emptied. At the store I stopped in he said that is normally between 8 and 10 pm.
Actually, what happens is a truck is docked (can happen at any time), and is sealed with a ziplock type cord. When the stocking team arrives in the early morning they clip the ziplock and start unloading the truck. As the items are unloaded they are scanned and, depending on the stock on the floor, are either marked for backstock or "go to floor". It is at that time that the items are added to the system.

It is harder with 24 hour stores as they stock during the late hours but the truck is unloaded at different times. It is very possible that the truck was unloaded and ready to be stocked but that you arrived before the stock hit the floor.

tl;dr: stock does not all get added just because a truck was delivered.

Hope that helps...

Actually, what happens is a truck is docked (can happen at any time), and is sealed with a ziplock type cord. When the stocking team arrives in the early morning they clip the ziplock and start unloading the truck. As the items are unloaded they are scanned and, depending on the stock on the floor, are either marked for backstock or "go to floor". It is at that time that the items are added to the system.

It is harder with 24 hour stores as they stock during the late hours but the truck is unloaded at different times. It is very possible that the truck was unloaded and ready to be stocked but that you arrived before the stock hit the floor.

tl;dr: stock does not all get added just because a truck was delivered.

Hope that helps...
This isn't true. Years ago Walmart added items in one at a time, but now they do get added in all at once when the supervisor finalizes the truck.

The supervisor usually finalizes it into the system as soon as the IM unloaders come in to unload the truck. So like the other guy said, they're getting added to the system, but they're not out of the truck yet.

Stopped by my local walmart had they had 5 Gold Marios on the shelf. I grabbed 2 of them (traded one to a friend for Dedede and one for myself). Still awaiting my Walmart.com order. Should be here Friday.

This isn't true. Years ago Walmart added items in one at a time, but now they do get added in all at once when the supervisor finalizes the truck.

The supervisor usually finalizes it into the system as soon as the IM unloaders come in to unload the truck. So like the other guy said, they're getting added to the system, but they're not out of the truck yet.
Very weird. Maybe it varies by location? Anyway, thanks for the information! I stand corrected!

Very weird. Maybe it varies by location? Anyway, thanks for the information! I stand corrected!
I don't think it does. Walmart stopped the whole scanning in every item system to save time, but it bites the stores in the ass a lot. So much of the shrinkage that goes on in the stores is due to things not coming in on the truck that should have come in, and no one catching it.

So people who are going to the stores and finding them despite their in store orders being canceled, what is it showing on the brickseek inventory?

The nearest about 20 stores all show 0 and have been since Friday. I checked the closest one and they had none when I went, but it gives the pick up option.

So people who are going to the stores and finding them despite their in store orders being canceled, so what is it showing on the brickseek inventory?

The nearest about 20 stores all show 0 and have been since Friday. I checked the closest one and they had none when I went.
I wouldn't go by brickseek right now. Mine has shown "1 or less" for days, but I'm pretty confident that an order came in on our truck tonight (I know what time they finalize the papers, and I saw it pop up on walmart.com around that time as available in store).

So people who are going to the stores and finding them despite their in store orders being canceled, what is it showing on the brickseek inventory?

The nearest about 20 stores all show 0 and have been since Friday. I checked the closest one and they had none when I went, but it gives the pick up option.
I posted what happened to me a page back. It took some convincing for the employee to really look into it but it was on the truck. Initially he said it wasn't in stock. I pressured him a little more and he scanned the tag for the other mario amiibo which I had to insist was the incorrect one. He couldn't find the item in the system at all under the item number listed online. He kept insisting that they didn't have it but I stayed patient with him and kept asking if he would check the back room or suggested that it might be from a shipment they just received. Finally with another employee helping as well, they looked into whether it was on the inventory of the truck for tonight. It was and he checked on the truck and found it. It's going to take some insisting to convince them to check the truck but that is probably where it is if it is actually in stock and not on the shelf.

Brickseek shows 0 at all of the stores showing that they have inventory near me so do not go by that.

I wouldn't go by brickseek right now. Mine has shown "1 or less" for days, but I'm pretty confident that an order came in on our truck tonight (I know what time they finalize the papers, and I saw it pop up on walmart.com around that time as available in store).
What is the item number to use on brickseek? I can't seem to find the right one anywhere and the Walmart site only updates its inventory tracker once a day (midnight) it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back