Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
April Fools. The box gave it away :/
Lol, exactly. My nephew fell for this early April's fool joke since the figure turned out much better than even I expected. With spray paint one never knows just mask good and lots of light coats. After watching some others spraying mario amiibo's and seeing them painting base and all I wanted to put that extra little bit of effort in to get it looking as authentic as possible. I have to say it puts my gold mario to shame and is now the best looking amiibo I have. Reminds me so much of my 1st time seeing metal mario in Mario 64.

I just want to dial back and say it was a "rumored" leak and could be fake. Can't trust anything near April 1st, but for some reason this particular rumored leak has a lot of consistent buzz.
While I myself am also skeptical about it (given the April 1st date), it's also possible that the information may be true (as a lot of it doesn't sound like something that would appear on a Nintendo Direct, especially with the recent 3DS update possibly setting things up for a worldwide release of the "Collection Badge" app that's currently Japan only). Besides, April Fools is better when people are treated instead of tricked (not to mention the fact that April 1 is usually the start of the new fiscal year in Japan, which is where Nintendo is located).

The only way we'll know for sure if it's true or not is if Nintendo posts information tomorrow about an upcoming Direct (as they are usually announced a day in advance).

My target still interestingly shows a Villager for on hand qty. Maybe I'll take a drive tomorrow and investigate..

Heh! It's still worth a try.. Why would it be in their system? I checked last week and it wasn't.. it's so odd.  I'll probably end up buying some commons because of the sale anyway.

Game FAQs isn't a source, it's just a hangout joint for Nintendo fanboys. If there were any validity to those points I doubt it would be breaking on Game FAQs first.

It has popped up at some stores though. I finally got my gold mario, and one to trade with someone. Keep searching and a store nearby may pop up. Now I just would like a Rosalina.

It has popped up at some stores though. I finally got my gold mario, and one to trade with someone. Keep searching and a store nearby may pop up. Now I just would like a Rosalina.
Yea problem is, I think by now all Walmarts have already received their entire allottment including a restock. Hence why it was taken down from Walmart.com. if you still haven't gotten one yet but wanted one. I don't know what to tell you. Here in Houston, even the restocks were cleaned out quickly last friday.

Man... if its been discontinued... so glad I lucked out on an in store pickup purchase... Yea... think Ill hold onto this one now.. but GDI... that means I need to buy a Bowser now, then Id have Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad... sigh.. Well played Nintendo, well played!

I love how gold mario has a different chip than the regular which has been proven in Mario party 10 and I confirmed for myself last night. Who knows what they might have unlockable by this amiibo in the future.
10625045_896396577069349_9207897029597043291_n.jpg
11083642_896405760401764_3114944923892444602_n.jpg

My target still interestingly shows a Villager for on hand qty. Maybe I'll take a drive tomorrow and investigate..
It's worth a shot, one of my local targets has 4 Wii Fit Trainers on hand but they have no idea where they are in store so it was a no go for me.

To all my (non-scalper) amiibros whom it may concern:

GAMECUBE ADAPTER BACK IN STOCK. GO NOW!!!

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-adapter-w-2-wii-u-gamecube-controllers/119615

Sure it's a bundle with two controllers for $80 (that releases in May), but the official Nintendo adapter goes for that alone on ebay! And if you've really been smashin', it's probably time to give your old controller a rest anyway.

A HUGE thank you to the absolute best GameStop manager in existence for alerting me that it was back in stock. The order went through just fine. 

Good luck, y'all!

Guess I'm one of the sad few who both prefers the old Gamecube controllers for smashin' and still doesn't have a Gamecube controller adapter. :(
Just laughing at your hatred toward scalpers like they would make a nice profit off what you posted. Not only that, but you are being scalped by Gamestop lol. Seriously.

You can buy those controllers on ebay for $20 a piece, including shipping and tax. So essentially you are paying gamestop $45 for that gamecube adapter...lol

Just laughing at your hatred toward scalpers like they would make a nice profit off what you posted. Not only that, but you are being scalped by Gamestop lol. Seriously. You can't be that blind right?

You can buy those controllers on ebay for $20 a piece, including shipping and tax. So essentially you are paying gamestop $45 for that gamecube adapter...
Since I've been looking for this thing for months, I'm well aware that $45 is still less than I'd be paying for the just Nintendo GameCube adapter on ebay right now. If I'd had another option, believe me I would've taken it. Besides, there's a 100% chance Imma return the two controllers and keep the adapter. Fraudulent, I know. :X

To all my (non-scalper) amiibros whom it may concern:

GAMECUBE ADAPTER BACK IN STOCK. GO NOW!!!

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-gamecube-adapter-w-2-wii-u-gamecube-controllers/119615

Sure it's a bundle with two controllers for $80 (that releases in May), but the official Nintendo adapter goes for that alone on ebay! And if you've really been smashin', it's probably time to give your old controller a rest anyway.

A HUGE thank you to the absolute best GameStop manager in existence for alerting me that it was back in stock. The order went through just fine.

Good luck, y'all!
lol, non-scalpers :-({|= when Gamestop bundles these (and amiibos, and MM 3DS's) so you have to pay a shit load more for these. Yeah you can return the other items but majority of people don't even know they can.

btw, GameCube adapters go for $50 right now. Controllers can be found for $20 new.

lol, non-scalpers :-({|= when Gamestop bundles these (and amiibos, and MM 3DS's) so you have to pay a shit load more for these. Yeah you can return the other items but majority of people don't even know they can.

btw, GameCube adapters go for $50 right now. Controllers can be found for $20 new.
Had to be the reseller

Actually, we've now learned it's actually YMMV on whether or not if you can return the items. Someone on here tried to return the stuff that came with the MM 3ds bundle yesterday and got turned down by Gamestop, they required him to return the system as well.

Well, now they can be had for $20 and a little trouble! Personally, I find that exciting. So I decided to share. :D

And seriously--GameStop's usual business practices aside--if not for actual scalpers, I could've had one of these for $20 months ago. It's been a rough 5 months. :(

And it sounds like no one other than me is still needing one. Oh well.

It's really too bad that I can't just alert people who legitimately want these and amiibo for personal use. That would require far too much mind-reading.

Sounds like my best option would be to wait until they're available at a reasonable price (as they're still coming down in price) as I am one of the few that kept gamecube controllers for use with Wii.

That can't be the case lol, is it?  And I'd rather have a pro controller or two, hope those get a bit cheaper soon.

Well, now they can be had for $20 and a little trouble! Personally, I find that exciting. So I decided to share. :D

And seriously--GameStop's usual business practices aside--if not for actual scalpers, I could've had one of these for $20 months ago. It's been a rough 5 months. :(

It's really too bad that I can't just alert people who legitimately want these and amiibo for personal use. That would require far too much mind-reading.
$20 assuming Gamestop will allow you to return the controllers which is YMMV (might as well account gas into that cost).

But I understand how hard it was to get them. I didn't get mine until 3 months later. But this practice by Gamestop isn't some great thing you're making it seem.

The link is appreciative for those that want to spend the extra money to get it. Shouldn't be too hard finding a Gamestop that will accept a partial return.

Sounds like my best option would be to wait until they're available at a reasonable price (as they're still coming down in price) as I am one of the few that kept gamecube controllers for use with Wii.

That can't be the case lol, is it? And I'd rather have a pro controller or two, hope those get a bit cheaper soon.
Pro controllers are a must for me but they are too expensive. I did get one for $7 from the Amazon glitch but I'd love to have 3 more (mainly for Mario Kart).

I do have my Gamecube Adapter and controller for the Gamecube hack. Works nicely, highly recommend for others that want to play Gamecube games on their WiiU.

I would just wait for the price to continue to drop. Was $80 months ago but $50 today. When it restocks in May it should be $30. Or you can (w/ luck) get it randomly for $20 when it comes back in stock. It does happen, just barely.

$20 assuming Gamestop will allow you to return the controllers which is YMMV (might as well account gas into that cost).

But I understand how hard it was to get them. I didn't get mine until 3 months later. But this practice by Gamestop isn't some great thing you're making it seem.

The link is appreciative for those that want to spend the extra money to get it. Shouldn't be too hard finding a Gamestop that will accept a partial return.
The Codename Steam preorder bonus thing is the first time I've ever had trouble returning anything.

Not gonna lie, my relief at finally having a chance at a GameCube adapter definitely bled through in that post. Mostly because I'm sure I can return the controllers, but I didn't say as much for those hot-fraudsters out there.

I'll go on record right now: the only thing I hate more than GameStop is scalping/flipping/reselling/whatever you care to call it. And after the recent stock troubles, I'm surprised (though I probably shouldn't be) that y'all don't feel the same way.

But this one manager is a straight-up guy. He's called me multiple times to tell me about rare amiibo restocks and game trade-ins I'm looking for. He's actually a decent human being. And despite the bundling (which he has no control over), I do appreciate him remembering I didn't have an adapter or Little Mac yet.

My latest responses for a gold Mario CL posting...

cmDGcga.jpg

xDPhIw6.jpg

Obama_laughing.png

I may take the ad off in a day or 2. I got one trade done for a Rosalina, I may save the other GM for a trade in a few months.

My latest responses for a gold Mario CL posting...

cmDGcga.jpg

xDPhIw6.jpg

Obama_laughing.png

I may take the ad off in a day or 2. I got one trade done for a Rosalina, I may save the other GM for a trade in a few months.
That's like the people that respond when I was selling my hubby's spare car..I was asking 5k and got

"will you take some furniture and a motor?"

:wall: :fridge: :nottalking: :rofl: :rofl:

You need to stop blaming outside forces for your lack of dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back