Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious is Splatoon's set still in stock? I'm probably gonna get them, but I just cant imagine them being so rare that I couldnt snag them on Amazon or even Best Buy. And I really didnt feel like adding another 30$+ out of pocket today
I got one 20 minutes ago. I'm not sure what its rarity will be but figured I'd better get one now instead of regretting it later.

So is Ness still available to preorder in store?  I'm debating about going after work, but I'm not sure if I should bother.

After digging through the thread it appears the FE characters were available for 10 minutes at BB. I missed it by 30 minutes. This is getting worse with each wave.

The frustrating thing is they are releasing more Marth due to demand and STEAM, but here we are with ridiculous pre-order inventory for the next FE figures

The fact that people are going insane over Splatoon Amiibo (a game with zero history that nobody has played) is absolutely crazy to me. Not disparaging anyone by any means, but if Splatoon Amiibo are selling out, I can see why the Amiibo of characters that people actually know and care about are selling out quickly. 

New IP, squid characters, for a co-op, team based FPS with no voice chat and people want those. Nintendo must be stoked. 

The fact that people are going insane over Splatoon Amiibo (a game with zero history that nobody has played) is absolutely crazy to me. Not disparaging anyone by any means, but if Splatoon Amiibo are selling out, I can see why the Amiibo of characters that people actually know and care about are selling out quickly.

New IP, squid characters, for a co-op, team based FPS with no voice chat and people want those. Nintendo must be stoked.
Well, they are still available it sounds like. I agree to some extent; amiibo are really helping boost the sales of other games though, that can't be denied. Splatoon, Mario Party come to mind.

How is it possible that the first person in line at Gamestop was not able to get Robin or Lucina when all preorder went up at the same time? I kept reading stories on neogaf of people saying that, but I was the seventh one in line at my local Gamestop when Robin and Lucina went out of stock when ordering.

Called GS when I got home a little after 6pm, they were super friendly and preordered Ness and the Splatoon pack over the phone, drove over to pay, and apparently they got my Ness in just in time, as it sold out right after they placed my order. Only ones left are Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Hallelujah, my bro stood in line at Gamestop for me for over an hour and was able to get me Ness in addition to a bundle for himself. He said one of the tools in line requested to purchase 20 of Ness. I was pretty impressed that my brother refrained from taking down the guy right then and there. 

How is it possible that the first person in line at Gamestop was not able to get Robin or Lucina when all preorder went up at the same time? I kept reading story on neogaf of people saying that, but I was the seventh one in line at my local Gamestop when Robin and Lucina went out of stock when ordering.
I was second in line and for neither. Fml

Hallelujah, my bro stood in line at Gamestop for me for over an hour and was able to get me Ness in addition to a bundle for himself. He said one of the tools in line requested to purchase 20 of Ness. I was pretty impressed that my brother refrained from taking down the guy right then and there.
lol surely they didn't let him?

How is it possible that the first person in line at Gamestop was not able to get Robin or Lucina when all preorder went up at the same time? I kept reading stories on neogaf of people saying that, but I was the seventh one in line at my local Gamestop when Robin and Lucina went out of stock when ordering.
At the store I was waiting at, they couldn't manage to get a single order through until about 90 minutes after they started, it was pretty pathetic.

After digging through the thread it appears the FE characters were available for 10 minutes at BB. I missed it by 30 minutes. This is getting worse with each wave.

The frustrating thing is they are releasing more Marth due to demand and STEAM, but here we are with ridiculous pre-order inventory for the next FE figures
Actually I think what I read was Robin and Lucina were maybe available for 5 minutes at Best Buy today.

I'm not sure what the point is with the Marth re-release if you are just going to make Ike, Robin and Lucina as rare as Marth is. Also not sure the point of having the Fire Emblem character compatibility in Codename STEAM if you don't supply enough of the product for people to experience it.

i went to gamestop 3pm was 4th on line robin and lucina was gone by the time i got to the counter.

on my way home i stopped by 3 more gamestops no lines walked in and ordered ness at each store. last one ordered at 6pm. 

what the hell gamstop.. waiting on line for 2 hours turned me into a scalper on the way home.

So have lucina and robin intermittently been in stock at best buy throught the day too? I managed to complete a pacman order but have received any sort of confirmation. Hopefully they haven't fully gone live yet. This and toyrus online/GameStop is pretty much my only hope. I've been waiting for wave 4 preorders forever and would have gone into my local GameStop to preorder but I'm in Cali right now!!!

So have lucina and robin intermittently been in stock at best buy throught the day too? I managed to complete a pacman order but have received any sort of confirmation. Hopefully they haven't fully gone live yet. This and toyrus online/GameStop is pretty much my only hope. I've been waiting for wave 4 preorders forever and would have gone into my local GameStop to preorder but I'm in Cali right now!!!
If by intermittently, you mean once. And by throughout the day, you mean for barely a minute, then yes on both accounts.

Actually I think what I read was Robin and Lucina were maybe available for 5 minutes at Best Buy today.

I'm not sure what the point is with the Marth re-release if you are just going to make Ike, Robin and Lucina as rare as Marth is. Also not sure the point of having the Fire Emblem character compatibility in Codename STEAM if you don't supply enough of the product for people to experience it.
Well from what I've seen on pre-ordering, some of these characters will be available on release day. The real trick are the exclusives and not knowing which of the wave are "rare". We can guess all day but Megaman and Sonic ended up being pretty easy to find from the last wave. I know that's not much of a consolation but it's the only hope I can offer.

Well from what I've seen on pre-ordering, some of these characters will be available on release day. The real trick are the exclusives and not knowing which of the wave are "rare". We can guess all day but Megaman and Sonic ended up being pretty easy to find from the last wave. I know that's not much of a consolation but it's the only hope I can offer.
Part of the pre-orders going so damn fast are the hoarders buying extra's of the supposed rare ones to sell (Robin and Lucina), on top of all the people trying to cover their own asses by ordering an extra.

Feel like if retailers really started limiting these somehow the waves would last longer, or atleast occur more often. (Like Gold Mario or something)

Yeah I work 7 am - 5:30 pm, so there was no way in hell I could get a chance to preorder Ness or any of these for that matter. Glad these are selling well for Nintendo, but I kinda wish somone would reverse engineer the NFC functionality without having to pay shitty reseller prices on them lol.

All Gamestop pre-orders sold out according to its official Facebook page: 

UPDATE (6:48pm): At this time, all Wave 4 amiibo pre-orders are sold out.

-------------------------------------

Due to very strong demand for the newest wave of Nintendo’s amiibo figures, GameStop is experiencing some technical issues with our website.

At this time, we are accepting pre-orders of amiibo in stores only while we resolve these issues.

We are working aggressively to resolve the technical issues as quickly as possible and expect it to be back online shortly.

All Gamestop pre-orders sold out according to its official Facebook page:

UPDATE (6:48pm): At this time, all Wave 4 amiibo pre-orders are sold out.

-------------------------------------

Due to very strong demand for the newest wave of Nintendo’s amiibo figures, GameStop is experiencing some technical issues with our website.

At this time, we are accepting pre-orders of amiibo in stores only while we resolve these issues.

We are working aggressively to resolve the technical issues as quickly as possible and expect it to be back online shortly.
Inb4 all the system errors means all the orders placed are void. I couldn't imagine the rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back