Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I struck out at BB and Target for preorders.  Got through GS instore for and found a Gold Mario at Walmart, and I'm not on spring break so it was a busy day.

I'm going to pick up charizard because I date younger women and they are into pokemon. I'm sure there is a double entendre in there too.
[attachment=13439:ee44a5f1-f30d-496a-aa3b-f81cf32fe9b6.jpg]

Went to GameStop and was 10th in line before noon and missed out on Lucina and Robin. Anyone know if TRU is able to do preorders on these tomorrow too?

lol no one knows what the hell is going on yet.

I find it highly unlikely the online store won't be updated with them soon enough. Never just assume anything. If you want them that badly, I'd keep tabs on it.

lol no one knows what the hell is going on yet.

I find it highly unlikely the online store won't be updated with them soon enough. Never just assume anything. If you want them that badly, I'd keep tabs on it.
TRU will keep their word and have preorders online, right? I guess I'm going to have to get Greninja (or Lucina? Robin?) to trade for Ness.

I can't believe it, I just walked into GameStop right now and was able to get my money down on that gun metal Batman ps4.
#GodIsGood
That thing nearly sabotaged my wave 4 preorder. When the WIS cart finally loaded, that PS4 (and Gamestop warranty!!!) were in the cart along with the Amiibo wave 4 SKU. It took 3 timed out attempts to remove it from the cart. After the first attempt I started contemplating just buying it and returning it to get the Amiibo order through!

Wouldnt it be amazing if Nintendo based the amount of figures to make based off pre order totals instead of the other way around? Just saying....

This isn't true.

Expect a bundle with a bunch of useless shit for $300 with Lucina in it. Alternatively get the $500 bundle to get Ness.
They'll include an unofficial gamestop exclusive guide on amiibo hunting. Half the guide will be saying why gamestop is the best place for your amiibo needs and the other half will be pictures of different stores and neckbeards.

I'm hoping this is the case but I think the production has already been finalized.
even if it wasn't finalized, Nintendo would be foolish to do "made to order", that'll kill the market for these quick. nintendo doesn't want to do that. haven't you wondered how a multi billion dollar company can constantly be wrong about shortages of supplies? it's not an accident.

even if it wasn't finalized, Nintendo would be foolish to do "made to order", that'll kill the market for these quick. nintendo doesn't want to do that. haven't you wondered how a multi billion dollar company can constantly be wrong about shortages of supplies? it's not an accident.
100% agree. The only reason amiibos are popular is because they have the supply perfectly matched to the demand. They make it a "prize" to obtain their product.

At least base these production lines where there are being more made for pre orders in the first place. Wave 1 ok understandable. Wave 2 things picked up faster than expected and makes sense they were harder to find. Wave 3 should have been the beginning of ramping up production of quantities available to the masses. Wave 4 just seems lazy of Nintendo's part to not have more. Pissing off their fan base because of low quantities just seems that it's a problem that could be lessened by Nintendo producing more. I'm all for rare figures as that makes the thrill aspect to this all but the fact that one of the biggest game stores in America "sold out" (know there will be more available but they went out of their way to let everyone know when pre orders would go up) of all 7 figures just doesn't seem right to me.

So wow... I guess Gamestop lied and never actually put any on their website even though they tweeted they would.

Without that tweet, systems in store would have been up and in store preorders would've worked fine.

Unbelievable. 

I am so done with these (and I only have Pikachu and Toad), if I cannot walk into a store and buy it then I don't want it. Too much trouble. The site wasn't even up and running. I am not standing in a tiny crowded store to get a plastic figure for most of my day. Thanks but no thanks Nintendo. If you keep doing this I will no longer buy your games or systems if they are not easily available.

So wow... I guess Gamestop lied and never actually put any on their website even though they tweeted they would.

Without that tweet, systems in store would have been up and in store preorders would've worked fine.

Unbelievable.
Pretty sure servers with online, and WIS orders crashed so they couldn't

Funny how with Amiibo, CAG users (and many others elsewhere) openly embrace the idea of Nintendo creating manufactured shortages to perpetuate the mania, but when I said the same thing about the Wii back in '06-'07, I got nothing but berated and nominated for CAG Villain.

Not bitter, just amused. And kinda vindicated. Only took, what, eight years?

Unbelievable.
Their systems crashed due to demand, things changed. I don't think the tweet was meant in malice or to be deceitful.

At least base these production lines where there are being more made for pre orders in the first place. Wave 1 ok understandable. Wave 2 things picked up faster than expected and makes sense they were harder to find. Wave 3 should have been the beginning of ramping up production of quantities available to the masses. Wave 4 just seems lazy of Nintendo's part to not have more. Pissing off their fan base because of low quantities just seems that it's a problem that could be lessened by Nintendo producing more. I'm all for rare figures as that makes the thrill aspect to this all but the fact that one of the biggest game stores in America "sold out" (know there will be more available but they went out of their way to let everyone know when pre orders would go up) of all 7 figures just doesn't seem right to me.
Correction. That one of the biggest game stores in America "sold out" of all 7 figures in what? The duration of about 3-4 hours...when wave 3 was up for a solid month?

Something seems rather fishy here. Part of me really hopes that there was such an abundance of computer errors, glitches, or server overloads that they opted to close it down for now and use that as a temporary scapegoat.

Correction. That one of the biggest game stores in America "sold out" of all 7 figures in what? The duration of about 3-4 hours...when wave 3 was up for a solid month?

Something seems rather fishy here. Part of me really hopes that there was such an abundance of computer errors, glitches, or server overloads that they opted to close it down for now and use that as a temporary scapegoat.
Keep in mind that every retailer that had Wave 4 for pre order today has completely sold out of its entire allotment.Literally everything even Wario sold out somehow, a character that many predicted to be common i dont think even bowser sold out during wave 3.

Its obvious that Nintendo is purposely limiting stock due to 1. to prevent over abundant shipments and 2. to maintain and increase hysteria that will in turn work in their favor.

Your average consumer will now be inclined to purchase wario after seeing that even he sold out day one

If anyone who works at Gamestop is reading this, let me ask you a question: my wife went to the store for me and ordered Ness and the Splatoon 3 pack for me. I checked my bank statement and there is only one pending charge, but I got two emails from GS with two different order numbers. Are these two separate orders for Ness/Splatoon or are the two order numbers because she had to place separate orders for each item?

I don't want to get a surprise withdrawal from the account.

Funny how with Amiibo, CAG users (and many others elsewhere) openly embrace the idea of Nintendo creating manufactured shortages to perpetuate the mania, but when I said the same thing about the Wii back in '06-'07, I got nothing but berated and nominated for CAG Villain.

Not bitter, just amused. And kinda vindicated. Only took, what, eight years?
The jollycagvillain strikes again!

Keep in mind that every retailer that had Wave 4 for pre order today has completely sold out of its entire allotment.Literally everything even Wario sold out somehow, a character that many predicted to be common i dont think even bowser sold out during wave 3.

Its obvious that Nintendo is purposely limiting stock due to 1. to prevent over abundant shipments and 2. to maintain and increase hysteria that will in turn work in their favor.

Your average consumer will now be inclined to purchase wario after seeing that even he sold out day one
Oh dammit! What other retailers opened the floodgates today? I asked awhile back but never got an answer, and haven't seen any specific mention. Thought it was only Gamestop.

Still, I find it peculiar that they all went this fast.

Oh dammit! What other retailers opened the floodgates today? I asked awhile back but never got an answer, and haven't seen any specific mention. Thought it was only Gamestop.

Best Buy was up for like 10 minutes in total and that's being nice with the time.

In reality just bestbuy open up wave 4 preorders. Target only put up their exclusive Jigglypuff for sale and nothing else.

I think Nintendo should be putting resources into actually developing full games instead of putting all their resources into creating more and more amiibo. This is a company that resisted DLC and Mobile games for so long and said they would never do it but now they are doing it moreso than any other company, and making it near impossible to obtain (even beanie babies were never this hard to get). They also keep putting out free to play games on the 3DS, that are really pay per play games, and the pay per plays of these games are extreme (Pokemon shuffle). They could be allocating resources into making good, full games, or finishing Zelda and releasing it on time instead.  Eventually consumers will get sick of it and this will end up just like Beanie Babies. Its good for the short term profit though if you are lucky enough to be able to obtain these figures but I wouldn't hold them for a long term investment.  I question why I am spending so much on Nintendo games (and waiting so long for them) when there are products out there that offer a better value.

Even skylanders are a better value right now, at least you can use them as a playable character in the game, and right now they are relatively easy to find.

Officially its just been Nintendo World , Gamestop ,BestBuy and Target for Jigglypuff only

Tommorow it will be ToysRUs and Amazon is unknown but if these 4 stores are anything to go by it wont be pretty. All 3 times Robin and Lucina were available, they sold out first so if you are interested in them i hope you have quick reflexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back