Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
You misunderstand, I'm not talking about scalping. I'm talking about the average folks who have convinced themselves they need certain characters only because of their perceived rarity. Scalping is a whole other can of worms in this whole thing.
Naw, I included the bandwagoners up there too, see? I do agree that scalping is another matter entirely, but it is a second factor that makes collecting harder for true blue Nintendo fans.

But then again, there's those of us who legitamately wanted Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Pitt, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. But, too bad, since there's none to go around.Totally agree on Villager and WFT though.
I have an extra Pit and Falcon. No interest in them in the game at all, but would love a WFT and especially a Villager since I use him. Should have bought both at GS on launch night (mine got no Marths at all), but figured they would last or at least get a resupply once like the rarer Skylanders and Infinity stuff. Of all the store exclusives Jiggly and Shulk are the only ones I care about on a personal level because I've used Jiggly since SSB and I love Xenoblade, but only have one Shulk and one of each of the others. Will continue doing my best to get a Jiggly and a Green Ninja.

Was super pissed with Jiggly because having two of her would be awesome and I was on literally the second she went up yesterday. Tried for over an hour to get the two or even one in my cart. Could have had one to open and one to keep, now it will look like pay second hand prices for a single to store away and gaze upon. Unless TRU sets a firm April 27th date, I'll put in my request off now.

Greninja was probably the Amiibo I wanted most. We'll see if I can get one later on. Still have a sealed Lucario I may trade for it in case it turns out impossible for me to find.

Naw, I included the bandwagoners up there too, see? I do agree that scalping is another matter entirely, but it is a second factor that makes collecting harder for true blue Nintendo fans.
Ah, see I thought by bandwagoners that you meant people getting into scalping just because of the craze.

At any rate, it's difficult to know for certain but I look at something like Disney Infinity and, to some extent, Skylanders and you don't see nearly this much fervor about new waves coming out. I say "to some extent" with Skylanders because there have been a few figures/traps here and there that have definitely had a bit of a craze associated with them but there certainly aren't any preorders of waves that are causing entire websites to crash.

I just feel like it all comes down to a lot of artificial and speculative scarcity.

Was super pissed with Jiggly because having two of her would be awesome and I was on literally the second she went up yesterday. Tried for over an hour to get the two or even one in my cart. Could have had one to open and one to keep, now it will look like pay second hand prices for a single to store away and gaze upon. Unless TRU sets a firm April 27th date, I'll put in my request off now.
I do like playing as WFT occasionally, but her amiibo isn't my favorite. I've never liked Animal Crossing's art style so I've never cared about owning a Villager. Other than those two characters, I'd love to have them all. Especially ZSS and DHD! Those will likely be my favorite ever released. :D

Right there with you on Jiggly since my situation was similar. Greninja may have been my starter in X and Y, but I grew up with Jiggs. Missing her was 10x more disappointing than missing Greninja. Stupid orange Target preorder button.

For people with Chrome page monitors, I was having trouble finding the direct links to wave 4 figures on Amazon, but eventually I found them.  I only have a page monitor setup for Lucina and Robin.  Here are the direct links for anyone that wants to set up a page monitor.

Robin

Lucina

Charizard

Wario

Pac-Man

So I was searching far and wide for Japanese imports for this wave. Couldn't find any at a decent price or in stock.

However, I did find Villager for $19.99 for Pre-Order. Pre-Order because of Japan's May restock of C. Falcon, Wii Fit T, and Villager they announced recently. (No news on restock for North America, however)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/1037361557-0-0-0-en/info.html

I shipping to the US 6-14 days is $4.99.

You can pay with PayPal.

This site has gotten decent enough reviews, people just complain about shipping, and forget it's from another continent. Plus, PayPal has your back when shit hits the fan.

And if you did not know already, Amiibo are NOT region locked.

So I was searching far and wide for Japanese imports for this wave. Couldn't find any at a decent price or in stock.

However, I did find Villager for $19.99 for Pre-Order. Pre-Order because of Japan's May restock of C. Falcon, Wii Fit T, and Villager they announced recently. (No news on restock for North America, however)

http://www.yesasia.com/us/1037361557-0-0-0-en/info.html

I shipping to the US 6-14 days is $4.99.

You can pay with PayPal.

This site has gotten decent enough reviews, people just complain about shipping, and forget it's from another continent. Plus, PayPal has your back when shit hits the fan.

And if you did not know already, Amiibo are NOT region locked.
Unfortunately that pre order has been up for over a week, I'm not sure if they have some sort of system to "stop" pre orders once they reached their allotment. We shall see though.

Unfortunately that pre order has been up for over a week, I'm not sure if they have some sort of system to "stop" pre orders once they reached their allotment. We shall see though.
Good point, however I still did. I just want to actually train a damn Villager. Everybody scalps these.

Now it's setting off the stock alerts even though you can't actually order it.  If you already had one in your cart it takes you all the way through...to be dumped at an empty cart.  Toysrus can munch my beanbag.

Darn, got the page monitor notification and got all the way through paypal checkout to the "receipt" page -- but it was blank :(  Something tells me I didn't get my Greninja :(

Best buy website employee put the 15-60 minute warning on Splatoon amiibo showing up on Bestbuy.com just now.  He was money yesterday.  First to post link to 3-pack wins!

Sku for 3-Pack:  6373111 

Best buy website employee put the 15-60 minute warning on Splatoon amiibo showing up on Bestbuy.com just now. He was money yesterday. First to post link to 3-pack wins!

Sku for 3-Pack: 6373111
Oh boy, this is going to be fun. How long do you think it will last, I'm betting 5mins tops.

I need something competitive to play with the kids in my life that doesn't necessarily require beating up or shooting up the other players haha.

I'm surprised people are interested in this game. No trolling. Just my opinion.
it's more like people are interested in the amiibo. Not the game. If that were the case with all amiibo the wii u would be popular. Its crazy that the toys are more popular than the system.

Honestly, I'm really sick of the stereotypical FPS shooters that are realistic. Between Sunset Overdrive and Splatoon, it's a nice change of pace to have that type of gameplay in a nice, cartoony, stylized art style.

I completely agree. Until I've actually sat down and played a level or two there is no way I'm picking up the amiibo pack. It doesn't really look fun to me.
it's actually really fun, i played it at PAX East this year and was very surprised at how well the game plays.

Used some leftover credit to get the Splatoon 3 pack. I think the game looks all sorts of fun and will be a perfect game for my daughter and I to sit down and enjoy. Plus, I think the Splatoon Amiibo look great from the stock photos and love the design of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back