Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and..I highly doubt people on CAG are the ones buying stuff off of eBay and supporting horrible people. But it's really easy. I will never. And I repeat NEVER buy any of these for over MSRP. I truly feel sorry for you if you're an ocd collector and need every single one.
That's not a fair judgement to make, considering most of the rare ones have the most hardcore fan bases. I could definitely see myself heading to ebay for a character I absolutely adore and have no other options

You go on e-bay and bids are all ready climbing...for pre-orders. It's only making things worse.

FE is one of my favorite series and the de-evolution of this whole thing is getting ridiculous

My big complaint about all this is tying game content to figures that are becoming a collecting nightmare. The hidden Toad in Treasure Tracker was fun, but you can't play it w/o an Amiibo. Using the FE characters in STEAM sounds fun, but how can you if the Amiibo can't be found.
My biggest frustration is being such a diehard FE fan and not getting the last two figures. I've bought every game and love these characters, but most of them will be in the hands of scalpers that couldn't care less about the series. However, Nintendo could easily fix this so I don't really even blame the scalpers. These are rare because Nintendo is enjoying all the press they get from people not being able to find them. ToyRUs is flooded with all the unpopular Mario characters so they can easily meet demand for the others if they felt like it.

Well just talked with a cs person over the phone about my Greninja preorder. It's a no go. Apparently they charged my paypal for the order but it didn't go through on their website. Awell. So if you ordered last night and only got the PayPal confirmation.... Sorry to break the news. They're going to refun you. I'll just try my luck in stores I guess. Pretty sure I can get a jiggly puff easily. And maybe Amazon will come through.
What lead you to think that your order was messed up? They charged my PayPal but I never got the second preorder email, only the order confirmation one.

I know that it's the system and how things work. But when a person supposedly buys 15 Greninja's!!?? Probably through some program that enables him to do so?..if that's true, then it is a bit sad.

And the system isn't horrible. The person isn't either. I was being a bit dramatic when I said that. But the act of doing so and flipping is definitely not something I'll ever acknowledge as being acceptable. It's greed. And I know. I know capitalism fuels greed etc etc. I'll just go back to what my initial post was meant to be. Which is stop paying for these things at above retail prices!!!! It's that simple.

What lead you to think that your order was messed up? They charged my PayPal but I never got the second preorder email, only the order confirmation one.
the lady flat out told me that it was a mess up and that it didn't go through in their system

My biggest frustration is being such a diehard FE fan and not getting the last two figures. I've bought every game and love these characters, but most of them will be in the hands of scalpers that couldn't care less about the series. However, Nintendo could easily fix this so I don't really even blame the scalpers. These are rare because Nintendo is enjoying all the press they get from people not being able to find them. ToyRUs is flooded with all the unpopular Mario characters so they can easily meet demand for the others if they felt like it.
I would say they flooded with the popular characters that everyone has already since they made them so available unlike the obscure ones. I don't think the OCD collector is nintendo's main target customer right now. they want all the little kids to get hooked on these thing like crack since they will be the longer term returning customer.

No sir. Only got one from PayPal. So if you received an email from Tru, you're probably in the clear. You can call to make sure. It's fairly simple.
Sorry man. In cases like this I think TRU should compensate their customers for something that they admittedly screwed up.

I would say they flooded with the popular characters that everyone has already since they made them so available unlike the obscure ones. I don't think the OCD collector is nintendo's main target customer right now. they want all the little kids to get hooked on these thing like crack since they will be the longer term returning customer.
True. I laugh at his "unpopular Mario characters". Those are the ones the kids want. I've had no trouble finding the Amiibos I'm after, because I'm getting them for my kids. My youngest has picked out Kirby, Bowser and Luigi as ones he wants - no trouble finding those at all. He could have a Marth right in front of him and would take a regular Mario every single day of the week and twice on Sunday. I would bet good money my kid is a lot closer to their "target customer" than some neckbeard buying up a dozen Fire Emblem characters so he can add it to his nerd shrine back at home or score mad cash on EBay.

I know people want to believe Reggie is sitting in his office laughing uncontrollably, but Nintendo is putting the focus exactly where they always have.

after the fairly heavy advertising Nintendo did in the last 2 Nintendo directs about lucina and robin for the amiibo support in codename steam and the new FE game.  If I can't easily get those 2 amiibos, I will not be purchasing either of those games.  I do want to play both of them, but I without the amiibos to use in the game, I don't want the game.

Finally, my Toad arrived from newegg. Shipped in box but the toad package was a bit crushed but I've opened him anyway to use. Not keeping him in the big ugly box to look at that would be crazy. Got Yoshi at walmart yesterday to complete my SMB series.
11133794_898208023554871_6088593827174806929_n.jpg

after the fairly heavy advertising Nintendo did in the last 2 Nintendo directs about lucina and robin for the amiibo support in codename steam and the new FE game. If I can't easily get those 2 amiibos, I will not be purchasing either of those games. I do want to play both of them, but I without the amiibos to use in the game, I don't want the game.
I agree they advertise them like they will be readily available but after 3 waves of this crap we should all know better by now.

How does Amazon handle 1-click orders with Prime? I just signed up last week and under 1-click orders it says my shipping speed will be the standard 3-5 days.

How does Amazon handle 1-click orders with Prime? I just signed up last week and under 1-click orders it says my shipping speed will be the standard 3-5 days.
You should be able to adjust that in settings. You can also modify the order before it ships to change shipping.

I agree they advertise them like they will be readily available but after 3 waves of this crap we should all know better by now.
and while I was typing that post up, I received a random survey from Nintendo about my Wii U and Amiibo support. I left them a very long detailed explanation of why I'm frustrated with the Amiibo situation and how it will prevent from buying future Amiibo and Software Titles.

They picked the wrong day to send me that survey

I got new Mario on Best Buy. Finally was able to get a new Amiibo these last two days (possibly the most common one). I feel great... not.

Here is an idea: Let's stop buying amiibo. Let's even stop posting about them. Let's make a movement that no one should buy amiibo.

Retailers will notice. Scalpers will notice. Nintendo will notice (not at first but eventually). Something will change. Not sure what exactly but it will.

Now I feel like Jerry McGuire... Anyone with me? No? Alright, let me go back to hit that F5 then...
You had me at "amiibo".

I'm choosing to look at the silver linings on some of this. 

It's already clear that demand from players lead to Lucas getting added to the game, and Nintendo finally fought through it's own red tape to put Earthbound out in a digital format. Maybe seeing that people really ARE that excited and that there's so much pent up demand that they might actually bother translating and throwing Mother and Mother 3 up for download.

Probably not, but stranger things have happened.

Anyone not voting for Mallow is wasting their vote.
I voted for Shantae but damn, it would be awesome to see the old SMRPG gang.

Oh geez. A girl from work is coming to my house Sunday night for a movie. Debating if I should hide my amiibos XD
If you're looking for a one night stand, hide them. If you actually like her, leave them out. If you want her to like you, she'll need to like you for what you are: an Amiibo addict.

So I see I didnt miss much. Just got done watching Furious 7. Good storyline movie.

With Wave 5... almost tempted to just go for JP preorder...

Then again.. if I really want. I could order the German ones... easy for me to get shipped home heh.

Had to share the Amiibo set up from Wondercon in Anaheim. If there's a riot I'm going straight for the case.[attachment=13464:image.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back