Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, it will throw off the pre-order numbers. Pre-order cards are made available to match the allocation for stores. Circumventing this process by using this loophole will create another situation very much like the Lucario pre-order cards. Where TRU prematurely destroyed the remaining pre-ordered cards. I suggest to just wait for the pre-order cards and please stop exploiting the system.
I guess the question is should anything like this be posted again? I'll hear arguments on either side.

People bich about scapling always. fuck, when gs had that bullshit they were all "thanks scalpers", like scaplers had anything to do with that shit.

The preorder codes for lucina and robin would be nice. I have a cool tru person who might be willing to try. You can pm me it if you don't want to post it.

I think it's fine to post these. I ordered one as did many others. I think we have a reasonably mature community here who won't abuse this absurdly.

You could make an argument we are all immature trolls and would abuse it, but seriously these numbers have been up for over an hour and have not gone on reddit. I think that proves our little group on CAG is not a bunch of asshats.

I guess the question is should anything like this be posted again? I'll hear arguments on either side.
Well if you don't someone else will, and probably on reddit or Slickdeals first. I have nothing against those communities but we've love to hear it here first I'm sure.

I am merely pointing out the implication using the loophole. If people wants to exploit the system, more power to them. What they do and how they do it is their business. I am personally just going to wait for the pre-order cards and do it the right way. Just sayin'

yeah we need to beat those sites exploiting by exploiting first  :whistle2:  :D/

then the lurkers here can post it on SD

I've tried to pick up a preorder without the card and just the recipt and had no problems, maybe depends on the store. My store had 50+ cards for lucario and only got 4

I think it's fine to post these. I ordered one as did many others. I think we have a reasonably mature community here who won't abuse this absurdly.

You could make an argument we are all immature trolls and would abuse it, but seriously these numbers have been up for over an hour and have not gone on reddit. I think that proves our little group on CAG is not a bunch of asshats.
It's not the CAG community you should be worried about. It's the lurkers who read this thread and WILL abuse it. I don't think these numbers should be posted. It's going to give TRU more reasons to not do in store preorders in the future.

This is going to fuck over people who wait in line for hours on the 27th only to find out some jerks already bought out the allotment using this loophole.

I like you're telling me to read but you're completely ignoring the quote I replied to. Opinions on Amiibos being dumb or cool, I don't really give a shit. But for people to think Amiibos are going to disappear in a year is just a bit silly. That is why I asked if you were trolling/baiting me because your post had nothing to do with my comment.

I'm not here to argue Amiibo and their relation to the Wii U and 3DS. I'm here to argue because of the Wii U and 3DS, Amiibos will continue to be produced as their only functionality is within those system. The Wii U and 3DS both use Amiibo as a selling point with "NFC".
The post you replied to doesn't negate the fact that your claim that amiibo is a core part of the wii u/ 3ds experience is absolutely ridiculous. That all i was pointing out.

yeah we need to beat those sites exploiting by exploiting first :whistle2: :D/

then the lurkers here can post it on SD
Yeah, it's kind of like how cyclists are all on steroids. If you're not doing it then you'll be left behind.

Not saying using this pre order exploit is any way comparable to steroid use in sports but you get the point.

Would you, or anybody, be willing to take the repercussions for posting something like this? That should tell you whether you should post something or not. This came to mind every time I chose to post something on this site.

You're in a tougher spot since you've disclosed your store location on here many times.

Also, I would like to petition to make this thread for CAG members only. Yes, it will not curtail the lurkers but it would atleast encourage participation.

Also, I would like to petition to make this thread for CAG members only. Yes, it will not curtail the lurkers but it would atleast encourage participation.
a site i frequent blocks out "guest viewing" for the sales section to kill off lurkers from grabbing stuff posted for site members.

I've tried to pick up a preorder without the card and just the recipt and had no problems, maybe depends on the store. My store had 50+ cards for lucario and only got 4
I can see this being a ugly scene at some stores on release say. When the store only gets 10 greninjas and the store goes by preorder date on the receipt, will the ones that are being done now get priority over those with the card.

I can see this being a ugly scene at some stores on release say. When the store only gets 10 greninjas and the store goes by preorder date on the receipt, will the ones that are being done now get priority over those with the card.
Worse. they sold them first come and didn't hold any

Hmm, wonder what the odds are of picking up Robin & Lucina at Walmart release day? I really didn't much want them at first but the more I see them the more I want them. The quality appears through the roof. 

When CAG first started the whole Video Games Deals forum was viewable only by members. I wish it would go back to that. Of course there were many people who joined as members, but didn't post, so were effectively lurkers.

Who here is going to Meijer on launch day? I plan on getting there a little before midnight just in case. I'm glad they don't do preorders because I'm by a less popular Meijer and have gotten rares there before like Ike and King DDD

re-posting this because it got buried. has someone had this experience? 

My friend and I ordered a Ness at two different gamestops. He doesnt shop there often, so he wanted to use my rewards card so I can get points. I completely forgot that it takes down the address and all that information. I checked both the address and the orders and they were different. Will I be okay? hopefully this "duplicate" order wont result in a cancellation...

When CAG first started the whole Video Games Deals forum was viewable only by members. I wish it would go back to that. Of course there were many people who joined as members, but didn't post, so were effectively lurkers.
yeah, but at least there's an initial gateway for those too lazy to sign up and regular posters will have a chance to see it first. you have no idea how many illiterate scalpers are out there that just lurk but can't speak the language. but enough to click on a link.

I endorse this being members only. I am tired of SD killing deals because I come 2 mins late to them.

Not only that, SD somehow then comments and says CAG is all scalpers and resellers. I have accounts both places, but I have no doubts more scalpers on that side of the fence.

Who here is going to Meijer on launch day? I plan on getting there a little before midnight just in case. I'm glad they don't do preorders because I'm by a less popular Meijer and have gotten rares there before.
I completely forgot about meijer. Maybe I have some small chance of getting my fire emblem characters after all.

Would you, or anybody, be willing to take the repercussions for posting something like this? That should tell you whether you should post something or not. This came to mind every time I chose to post something on this site.

You're in a tougher spot since you've disclosed your store location on here many times.
I know what I'm doing next time I get near a computer, heh. I doubt there would be any sort of repercussions from this. And it doesn't help anyone here to call me out, just hurts everyone.

I completely forgot about meijer. Maybe I have some small chance of getting my fire emblem characters after all.
I'm sure they will have all of them, but not many. For the Super Mario series they only had 2 of each at launch. But they did have 6 Sonics and 3 Mega Mans when I went there the night after they came out.

I doubt it will ever go back to that. CAG gets money for being a referral when we buy something through a site. Members-only means less purchases and less money for them. They don't care who's buying as long as people are buying (can't say I wouldn't do the same in their position).

I endorse this being members only. I am tired of SD killing deals because I come 2 mins late to them.

Not only that, SD somehow then comments and says CAG is all scalpers and resellers. I have accounts both places, but I have no doubts more scalpers on that side of the fence.
I don't visit SD, but there are a lot of resellers here. A lot! They just like to mask it by claiming to be "traders".

In pretty much every deal topic, one of the first posts is "what's the TIV?".

Open your eyes, because members of this site are far from Angels. :)

I know what I'm doing next time I get near a computer, heh. I doubt there would be any sort of repercussions from this. And it doesn't help anyone here to call me out, just hurts everyone.
I really appreciated you posting these. I have a 50-60 hr a week job and am accustomed to missing out on pretty much everything unless i can get it online because i can't take random time off. Sharing info like this does very little to hurt those whom usually have all the time in the world anyways and can potentially help people who don't.

Before the mandatory 'you're job isn't our fault' posts: I never said it was. I also don't think it is a horrible thing to be a student or to work, and it doesn't somehow make us LESS deserving.

Yeah SD (among others) contribute to deals but this community does too. The lurkers yes but many on here get multiple of an item and abuse promotions too.

Threads here dedicated to the Walmart Gears of War 2 and Ni no Kuni TIV, Amazon Warehouse glitch, Walmart glitch a couple of years ago, etc. All of which was posted here first. 

Let's not pretend that CAG is apart of the contribution (not exploit seeing as its more numbers of people getting it than 1 person getting the most).

But I agree, we should make it go back to membership only.

Meijer was the only place I seen 4 Pits just casually on a peg a few days before Christmas, way earlier then anybody else.

Yeah with Jigglypuff being the one I wanted most this wave, it killed me seeing every single user bragging about getting 2 ordered when I was watching it all morning and missed it when I decided to use the bathroom. I got every other pre-order in and 1 of each, i have no interest in making it so somebody else can't get one. (Not that one person doing this makes a difference)

re-posting this because it got buried. has someone had this experience?

My friend and I ordered a Ness at two different gamestops. He doesnt shop there often, so he wanted to use my rewards card so I can get points. I completely forgot that it takes down the address and all that information. I checked both the address and the orders and they were different. Will I be okay? hopefully this "duplicate" order wont result in a cancellation...
ymmv cause when me and a friend got our MM 3DS a week ago the guy told us we couldn't use the same reward card cause the systems were limit one. So it possible could be canceled especially with the mess on pre order day so honestly if you that worried about your own ness the only thing I can think of is canceling his order to keep your order alive as the only order

Yeah with Jigglypuff being the one I wanted most this wave, it killed me seeing every single user bragging about getting 2 ordered when I was watching it all morning and missed it when I decided to use the bathroom. I got every other pre-order in and 1 of each, i have no interest in making it so somebody else can't get one. (Not that one person doing this makes a difference)
Well I got 2 with the sole intention of trading one in the event I couldn't get the Tru exclusive, which I correctly predicted I wasn't able to get. It's just a means to secure (hopefully) another amiibo I wasn't able to get. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Here's a tip. Keep an eye out on Target.com on launch day if you can't get to the stores. Rosalina was up on Target.com again on launch day from 10am cst till about 10:25 cst.

I don't visit SD, but there are a lot of resellers here. A lot! They just like to mask it by claiming to be "traders".

In pretty much every deal topic, one of the first posts is "what's the TIV?".

Open your eyes, because members of this site are far from Angels. :)
I may have a biased view just because I love the CAGcast and imagine everybody on here as being like one of them. :p

Also in the past I've seen CAGers sell items at cost and trade to help others out. A few years ago somebody gave me a Mass Effect 3 code on here because my preorder got screwed and the code didn't work. I was a member on SD before cag was around, and I just have never seen that camaraderie there. Maybe it is there too and I just missed it, but all the small acts of kindness I've seen here has made it feel a lot more like a community of ppl who love games and less of a place to troll for deals.

a site i frequent blocks out "guest viewing" for the sales section to kill off lurkers from grabbing stuff posted for site members.
CAG used to be like that... but then Cheapy opened up the deals section to anyone since the site makes more money that way (i.e., people can click affiliate links without signing up).

My Wii Fit Trainer came in today. I got it for 25 on Amazon I wasn't sure which version it was but I was hoping for US.
XhMXP0A.png

It was in this small box.

tL8MSTC.jpg

I'm not even mad. This would've had me hot a few weeks ago but it's whatever

it killed me seeing every single user bragging about getting 2 ordered
i have no interest in making it so somebody else can't get one.
The catch with Target is that you get free shipping at $25... and it's not popping up with the rest of the wave so you grab that 2nd one to avoid paying $5 extra for shipping. There's definitely no time to go shopping around for something else you might want as filler and it seems silly to not pay an extra $8 for that second figure. I didn't get one either, but I don't fault those who got 2 when they did because the system makes it the obvious way to go.

The catch with Target is that you get free shipping at $25... and it's not popping up with the rest of the wave so you grab that 2nd one to avoid paying $5 extra for shipping. There's definitely no time to go shopping around for something else you might want as filler and it seems silly to not pay an extra $8 for that second figure. I didn't get one either, but I don't fault those who got 2 when they did because the system makes it the obvious way to go.
that's the only reason i have a redcard, the 5% it saves is nice, but it makes everything free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back