Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't visit SD, but there are a lot of resellers here. A lot! They just like to mask it by claiming to be "traders".

In pretty much every deal topic, one of the first posts is "what's the TIV?".

Open your eyes, because members of this site are far from Angels. :)
That's great except for the fact that this is a Gaming deals site. The people here are interested in gaming. It's not a general purpose website where people shop for deals on whatever. Slight difference.

I don't think you have much to worry about. Would Nintendo really short supply a character who has a show on children's TV right now?
Would nintendo really short supply the fire emblem characters that it has heavily advertised for both smash bros and code name steam? The answer is yes to both questions.
Thanks nintendo...

This Amiibo thing is really crushing my soul. I can't even win in my dreams anymore.

For some reason I dreamt I got the whole set of Wave 4 at Amazon, it got cancelled for some reason, and I woke up pissed off. What a great start to a sunny Saturday!

Well all get what we want. One way or another. What's the general consensus on the yarn yoshis? I predict those wont last at all. That Nintendo direct was absolutely insane. Like hype Christmas in April. Lets talk about all that while we wait?

No on amazon.com, gamestop.com, target.com (except Jigglypuff) and walmart.com.
They're not going up on GS.com according to my GS. The in store pre-orders exhausted their allocation for now.

For those of you who are activly trying to get Wave 4, I applaud your patience. I'm fucking done being paranoid/checking all the time (not that I could do it very often). If I find them up by chance, I'll buy them but I'm done.

Just sad knowing I won't get Ness unless I decide to pay eBay prices.:whistle2:(

They're not going up on GS.com according to my GS. The in store pre-orders exhausted their allocation for now.

For those of you who are activly trying to get Wave 4, I applaud your patience. I'm fucking done being paranoid/checking all the time (not that I could do it very often). If I find them up by chance, I'll buy them but I'm done.

Just sad knowing I won't get Ness unless I decide to pay eBay prices.:whistle2:(
What amiibo had you not been able to get your hands on so far?

Well all get what we want. One way or another. What's the general consensus on the yarn yoshis? I predict those wont last at all. That Nintendo direct was absolutely insane. Like hype Christmas in April. Lets talk about all that while we wait?
I really want the Animal Crossing cards to be sold in booster packs. It will make them a pain in the butt to collect but I have an addiction to opening up card packs. I'm totally going to figure out how to buy a full booster box if they go that route.

Just sad knowing I won't get Ness unless I decide to pay eBay prices. :whistle2:(
gamestop will likely do another wave, i though i wouldnt get a shulk but right after his "release" they opened WIS for another round

Wave 4. Period. Not a single one. Waves 1 and 2 were pretty easy, Wave 3 took a bit of work but Wave 4... not even close.
Dude, I've been on this thread long enough to know you've been on just as long as I have. We're going to get all of wave 4. Things are just crazy hairy right now, but we'll get them.

yea ness is the only one im missing to i had family stuff to do at that time so couldn't get into store and was just going to snag him online since GameStop specifically said he be online to and that went straight to hell

Wow, this wave by far is the worst.  The only one I have preordered is Pacman. I think i'm going to take the train ride and go to Nintendo World at 8pm the night before or something. They should have all of them and they seem to get a lot in from what I hear.

Wow, this wave by far is the worst. The only one I have preordered is Pacman. I think i'm going to take the train ride and go to Nintendo World at 8pm the night before or something. They should have all of them and they seem to get a lot in from what I hear.
Wish I lived in or near NY. They seem to be hogging a pretty large chunk of the stock to sell at their own store.

ok just got off the phone with shigrao iwata. he said they are limiting it on purpose to break the scalpers. once scalpers sell their preorders for lots of $$, they will make these available for everyone with unlimited stock. people will cancel their preorders and cause problems for scalpers. really smart idea

Mainstream media acts like this is new.  It is just business as usual for Nintendo.  It seems they prefer people talking about their product than them actually getting their hands on it. 

GOOD! People need to start taking a dump on Nintendo. I love the company as much as the next guy because of my childhood and now being able to share their games with my son, but somebody should seriously be fired over the handling of the NA releases. They are producing their common figured en masse and nobody and I mean NOBODY wants those any longer. Stores are eventually going to be like "We aren't ordering any more, because these aren't selling" and the thing is... If nintendo made more of the rare ones and went back and did some from wave 1, they would sell like crazy. They have this whole thing backwards and I hope they get pounded by every media outlet possible so investors start taking note and give nintendo hell about it. That's probably the only time they will really start caring.

Mainstream media acts like this is new. It is just business as usual for Nintendo. It seems they prefer people talking about their product than them actually getting their hands on it.
No, this is different. This isn't a limited edition of anything they offer. This is supposed to be readily available for purchase. They look like they are clueless as a company when Disney Infinity is sitting next to it on the shelf fully stocked. If you can't find the DI figure you want, you can find it online.

Amiibos are making the people at Nintendo look really stupid. From what I have seen, they are driving their fan base away. Heck, while I was in GS for the release of wave 4, when they said Robin and Lucina were sold out after only two orders, two people just left line and said they were done with Amiibos and this "pre-sale" was stupid.

I feel like we are gonna hit a Beanie Baby-esque crash soon. Lots of annoyed collectors/casual buyers combined with scalpers/hoarders taking up a huge chunk of rare figure stock ontop of retailers constantly fumbling pre-orders and releases

It is supposed to be readily available, but they are treating it like they do their limited edition stuff.  This is why Nintendo is so frustrating.  They seem to have this perception that characters like Ike and Marth won't appeal to everyone, so they aren't as readily available.

It is naïve on their part to expect that kids won't want certain figures because they have never played a game that the character is associated with.  My daughter's favorite character is Ike, and she had never heard of him before Smash.  She really wants an Ike figure, but good luck finding one of those in a store.

New to the thread, but hope I can contribute in some way.

Another option might be local game shops in your area.  If they purchase from a distributor, such as Ingram, they were able to place an order beginning on Thursday.  The shop I work at in KY placed one, and as the picture shows, are currently prebooked for release day.  Now Nintendo has in the past tightened allocation at the last minute, so they may not get all of the ones they order, but they could be a saving grace for some.
oZsT2Nr.jpg

Well at the end of the day they are just plastic toys. So even though most of us did miss out it's not the end of the world. We're all high off that amiibo goodness now but in a few years I bet most of us will move on and not even give a fuck.

For anyone interested, I was able to snag Super Mario Series Mario at Target. Interestingly enough he wasn't on the pins and I had to ask for him. They were hiding him behind the counter.

For some reason he rings up full price so I had to have CS take care of the 25% off.

Also, I noticed they must have just recently put out a big Rosalina sign that says amiibo and "only at target". Thought that was hilarious.

Came home the other day with my Toad Amiibo. My nephew saw my Gamestop bag and asked about it's contents. I told him Amiibo, and he cheerfully asked if it was for him. Told him ,"No it is for me". His disappointed face makes me feel like a monster. He has been asking for a Kirby Amiibo for the longest time though, so I did order him one. 

Came home the other day with my Toad Amiibo. My nephew saw my Gamestop bag and asked about it's contents. I told him Amiibo, and he cheerfully asked if it was for him. Told him ,"No it is for me". His disappointed face makes me feel like a monster. He has been asking for a Kirby Amiibo for the longest time though, so I did order him one.
giphy.gif

I feel like we are gonna hit a Beanie Baby-esque crash soon. Lots of annoyed collectors/casual buyers combined with scalpers/hoarders taking up a huge chunk of rare figure stock ontop of retailers constantly fumbling pre-orders and releases
The Beanie Baby crash was also caused, in large part, by the company's fear in Y2K. (EDIT: Or their playing into fears of Y2K, but I still can't imagine you wouldn't time up ending your money maker with one of the biggest widely-feared End of Days rumors and it not be a coincidence.)

As a kid who would go to the trade shows in 1999, the market was enormous. Then they came out with "The End" bear, and it completely crashed the interest. They tried to bring it back in 2000, and I still went to a "show" a few months later, but it was clear that the damage had been done. Instead of dozens of people trying to sell beanie babies in a hotel conference room, it was two, and most of the ones they were offering--even new and uncommons--were going for much lower than those groups were going for before "The End".

Dude, I've been on this thread long enough to know you've been on just as long as I have. We're going to get all of wave 4. Things are just crazy hairy right now, but we'll get them.
Already missed MK, and I had that one pre-ordered back in December so I'm not super hopeful at this point.

I hope they get enough bad press over this that their stock price takes a hit as they are unable to even remotely supply a fourth of their consumers with these. Nintendo may start to care then.
If anything, this is just gonna make more people want them, either because some people have to have the latest trend or other re-sellers who don't normally deal with game-related stuff. Stuff selling out too quickly usually isn't something that hurts a company's stock price either.

Nintendo doesn't have to make anything readily available. Companies can play stock games all they want unless there's public welfare involved (i.e., shortages causing a riot).

Already missed MK, and I had that one pre-ordered back in December so I'm not super hopeful at this point.

If anything, this is just gonna make more people want them, either because some people have to have the latest trend or other re-sellers who don't normally deal with game-related stuff. Stuff selling out too quickly usually isn't something that hurts a company's stock price either.

Nintendo doesn't have to make anything readily available. Companies can play stock games all they want unless there's public welfare involved (i.e., shortages causing a riot).
I can agree and disagree. When you are handling something so poorly that you get a Forbes article published about how poorly you are handling it, there is a problem.

wow what a douche. toad isnt even that rare you couldve just bought another one

Dumb question...I just got into buying these for my kids birthdays coming up and I'm wondering if the super mario amiibos are compatible with super smash or just mario party 10?

Dumb question...I just got into buying these for my kids birthdays coming up and I'm wondering if the super mario amiibos are compatible with super smash or just mario party 10?
They work with both, but you can only save one game's data on each amiibo. If your kids want to save amiibo data for both games it's best to buy both the Smash and MP10 figures.

Except beanie babies were not hard to get. I was there for the whole craze (even before it was a craze) and I still have most of my beanie babies. Stores here were constantly getting shipments of them, you just had to go to the store on the day they came in, if you missed out more would come in, in the next couple days. With these its impossible for the average consumer to even preorder one, without standing in line at a store for 2 hours (something I never did even for beanie babies). I also still buy holiday beanies every year and put them out as decorations and they are well received. Every market crashes eventually, hopefully this one will as well.

The thing that disturbs me is that while Amiibo is flying off the shelves the Wii U and 3DS consoles are not. So its clear its not Nintendo fans buying all of these up, its a pure scalpers market, with none available for the actual fans unless you are willing to order from another country or pay ebay prices. If these were actually being used with the console, instead of being kept in the packaging, then I would praise amiibo because they would be helping to sell systems. Right now, these things aren't even helping to sell systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back