Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me only or maybe this time they took fewer preorders so that they won't have to cancel and have to give compensations and lose money?

Is it me only or maybe this time they took fewer preorders so that they won't have to cancel and have to give compensations and lose money?
I think this is a big reason why Best Buy didn't have an exclusive this go around. I'm sure they've gotten so much negative backlash from customers and had to deal out so much credit to customers for cancelled preorders over Nintendo stuff that the positives of having an exclusive weren't worth it.

Ethier that or the amount of stock has decreased dramatically.

Hopefully there will be more pre order waves as more of the figures get produced otherwise realease day will be very ugly.

I think this is a big reason why Best Buy didn't have an exclusive this go around. I'm sure they've gotten so much negative backlash from customers and had to deal out so much credit to customers for cancelled preorders over Nintendo stuff that the positives of having an exclusive weren't worth it.
Exactly, because it is so weird that on preorder day at Gamestop they sold out so quickly when everywhere in the stores their system wasn't working.

I have the feeling that once they know more accurate numbers of amiibos they will open more preorders.

Wave 4 Amiibos: an Ebay exclusive set

Joking aside, if anyone scored a spare Greninja pre-order and is willing to sell it for less than the $80 asking price on ebay, hit me up. I'll make you a sweet deal

As I mentioned last night, I doubt preorders are being limited different to however Wave 3 was limited.

Things have just multiplied tenfold. People are also 10x more aware. Heck, we have almost 200 people on the Line alerts. Several others are full at 200 as well. The other day during preorder mayhem, there was almost 800 people on here, and there's like 2000 on reddit.

All of this was at a fraction back in December.

Tbh, more and more in the news, social media, etc, seems Wave 4 was the breaking point for many to just give up and not care anymore.

Whats sad is... I learned I need to get a Shulk now, only for Xenoblade.. otherwise whats the point of having a newer version if I dont fully utilize it... >.>
All Shulk does for Xenonlade 3D is give you 3 tokens to unlock collectibles in the game, & it's a one-time thing.

Cum on people. Greninja was my favorite Pokemon from X/Y and therefore my favorite new fighter in Smash. I could care less about the rest, I just want this one Amiibo.
I would have hooked you up for like $20, but foolishly, I cancelled my order about 5 hours after placing it. Did it to avoid other figures from coming. They're coming anyway, so now I feel bad it was such a waste.

Does anyone else think it's odd that these amiibos aren't showing up on the international amazon sites? I ordered roselina and lucario from amazon.fr with no problems last wave.

They don't even have listings for jigglypuff or greninja,

edit: I remembered lucario's name! Which you would think I should know considering I use him constantly in pokemon shuffle...

Does anyone else think it's odd that these amiibos aren't showing up on the international amazon sites? I ordered roselina and uh...the blue pokemon...from amazon.fr with no problems last wave.

I wouldn't be to worried, considering they were only first announced in that last Nintendo Direct.

i definitely think these are going to be easier to find in-store this time around. I already preordered Lucina, Robin (zero interest in Robin, he will be available for trade assuming i can't find Greninja), and Charizard. Those are the ones i wanted. Worst case scenario i'll buy Greninja for $30~ or so. Overall this wave has gone much better for me than Wave 3.

Considering how crazy Wave 4 has been, I can only imagine the craze for Ganon, Zero Suit Samus, and the Yarn Yoshis - I NEED a yarn yoshi.

I'm locked in for the whole wave 4 except Jigglypuff and Greninja, I might try to get my hands on another Robin or Lucina just for trade
People are going to be straight-up murdered over Yarn Yoshi. Dr. Mario, the good Captain, and Ganondorf are my "must-haves" next time around. Paulatina and Dark Pitt would be nice, and of course YY, but I won't hold my breath. I wonder which ones are going to be store exclusives.

i definitely think these are going to be easier to find in-store this time around. I already preordered Lucina, Robin (zero interest in Robin, he will be available for trade assuming i can't find Greninja), and Charizard. Those are the ones i wanted. Worst case scenario i'll buy Greninja for $30~ or so. Overall this wave has gone much better for me than Wave 3.
good luck at that price. If TRU doesn't cancel the extra preorders, I doubt there will be many available in stores on the 29th

i paid $50 for a japanese villager so it's not a big deal to me. If i want it i'll pay extra i just need to be decisive and do it before prices get worse.

well, I'm going to bed. Last time (for tonight)

Anyone who scored a spare pre-order for Greninja, PM me. I'm willing to buy, trade, give you my Club Nintendo rewards/coins, etc for that one Amiibo. For fucks sake. Why did that one have to be store exclusive?

Peace out y'all

Eww at Palutena's face. Guess the last few I'll go for is Dark Pit, Zamus and Marth reprint. Need to try to secure more Wave 4 rare for trading purposes though because Dark Pit will be a bloodbath.

And of course Game and Watch amiibo is coming last...

Well, I stopped by Target today and they were having a sale so I got Smash-Peach for like 8 dollars total. 

I think after that, I've gotten all the I-can-actually-find-amiibos. I don't know how I'll ever obtain the super rare ones, mainly Pit, and I'm not doing too well on the current wave with my pre-orders. I guess I'll just continue doing what I can and hope some good luck will happen in the future. 

Beanie Babies?

Maybe true for some but personally I've enjoyed Nintendo's products since the NES; I grew up with them.

If some other company were doing video game figurines I probably wouldn't be buying them.

To me they are more about personal value than resale or collector's value. Probably why I'm not buying all Amiibo either.

I understand the comparison between the two, but show me a beanie baby made by Nintendo. TY came from nothing and pretty much fizzled to nothing.

The beanie babies comparison was dumb the first time someone made it, snd nothing has changed.

We're not buying amiibo as an investment, we're buying them because we want them.

The beanie babies comparison was dumb the first time someone made it, snd nothing has changed.

We're not buying amiibo as an investment, we're buying them because we want them.
That is a matter of fact. They're fuckin rad. Ten years down the road I'm going to be pretty happy to display these gorgeous little fucks. Between how they come stock to the potential to customize them they're just rad. I finally bought a Mario the other day and I was looking at the small detail of the paint in his pants being lighter giving his fireball a lighting effect. These things are awesome for twelve bucks.

Customizing Amiibos, Yes, awesome job, but still they need to put out more... since when they say things like "Shulk will do this in Xenoblade" its no longer about display.. its about getting the full content of a game... sigh.

As I mentioned last night, I doubt preorders are being limited different to however Wave 3 was limited.

Things have just multiplied tenfold. People are also 10x more aware. Heck, we have almost 200 people on the Line alerts. Several others are full at 200 as well. The other day during preorder mayhem, there was almost 800 people on here, and there's like 2000 on reddit.

All of this was at a fraction back in December.
And this is what's gonna make Wave 4 a bitch to get. The only way this is gonna end is if Nintendo decides to flood the market with one of the waves and it results in people losing interest but for them to do that, they'd end up with a ton of overstock, which isn't something that happens with NoA products.

Eh? I buy Star Wars, Transformers & Lego mainly. If they look cool enough I buy them. Plain and simple. I don't care about the resell value or how rare they are. I like to see them in person if i can(Lego has a few shots of what they look like on box at least). Right now the quality on Star Wars and the Transformers toys is laughable at best(LEGO sets with many stickers erk me a bit too).
Transformers quality is laughable? Have you not seen Combiner Wars Megatron? It's fantastic!

Does anyone else think it's odd that these amiibos aren't showing up on the international amazon sites? I ordered roselina and lucario from amazon.fr with no problems last wave.

edit: I remembered lucario's name! Which you would think I should know considering I use him constantly in pokemon shuffle...
International sites sold out of Wave 4 in minutes/hours the same way US sites did. There's no easy way to get this wave. Jigglypuff and Greninja haven't been listed yet but I wouldn't expect them to last very long.

Customizing Amiibos, Yes, awesome job, but still they need to put out more... since when they say things like "Shulk will do this in Xenoblade" its no longer about display.. its about getting the full content of a game... sigh.
Customizing is why love that some were commons. During that target sale, I bought extras just to paint Yoshi variants, a gold/black Bowzer, a Phazon suit Samus, and the Four Swords Toon Links. It was great.

I'd love to do a Shulk customization, but there just aren't enough out there to have a reasonable opportunity.

I can see some of the beanie baby comparison...sure we aren't buying them for investment, but not everyone was buying beanie babies for investing either.  I'm sure there are also quite a few people, especially the ones that buy $50+ Amiibos off ebay that think their value will hold or go up.  I don't think Nintendo will keep releasing them at the rate they are, eventually people will burn out.  When that happens I imagine Nintendo will release the "rare" ones again, which will kill peoples "investment".

When that happens I imagine Nintendo will release the "rare" ones again, which will kill peoples "investment".
I can't wait. If that happens, I can finally make shirtless Shulk--that no one should be without--without the guilt of spending $40 on the amiibo plus the time spent on the project and money spent on art supplies. :)

Transformers quality is laughable? Have you not seen Combiner Wars Megatron? It's fantastic!
It has gotten somewhat hit and miss, though. It's not really fair to compare some of the modern stuff to Binaltech/Alternators and the Masterpiece collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back