Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
whelp, just got my Mario Party Mario Amiibo from amazon and just like every other amiibo I ordered from Amazon in the past, it came destroyed. Every single time they come dinged, bent, or otherwise damaged, Amazon really sucks at packing amiibos...
I've gotten three from them on their release dates and they were all fine. Were yours directly from Amazon or from a vendor? I just ordered a Bowser from Amazon and if it shows up with damaged packaging they will be getting it back.

whelp, just got my Mario Party Mario Amiibo from amazon and just like every other amiibo I ordered from Amazon in the past, it came destroyed. Every single time they come dinged, bent, or otherwise damaged, Amazon really sucks at packing amiibos...
Open a chat with amazon about the order and say you want to file an official complaint about it. I did that when they mailed three of them in a box for two, and they opened some kind of official investigation and have sent me email updates about it.

If enough people do it, maybe they'll change.

I can only speak from my experience as a parent of younger kids (7 and 9), but I will say that none of their friends have Nintendo consoles and frankly they don't care about them. My kids play Minecraft on tablets and PCs, the Lego games on Sony consoles and have literally zero interest in Nintendo games. I'm the only one in our household that cares about Nintendo or Amiibos and while Mario may be recognizable to people in their 20s and 30s, he's not relevant to younger kids as there are no Mario cartoons currently on nor is Mario on the tons of consumer products he was in the 80s and 90s. Disney has been aggressive about keeping Mickey and friends relevant to even the youngest kids with theme parks, cartoons, consumer products, etc... Nintendo has done no such thing and while those of us who remember fondly the NES, SNES, N64 and other Nintendo products may still love Mario, the next generation couldn't care less.
Oh okay. Since your kids aren't interested in Nintendo therefore kids in general aren't interested in Nintendo. :roll:

Your anecdotal evidence is not representative of kids everywhere. Different kids from different regions and demographics are into different things. Usually it's whatever their parents are willing to buy for them, or what they encourage. Yeah, calling you out for making a really dumb post. See how that works you abrasive twat.

Oh okay. Since your kids aren't interested in Nintendo therefore kids in general aren't interested in Nintendo. :roll:

Your anecdotal evidence is not representative of kids everywhere. Different kids from different regions and demographics are into different things. Usually it's whatever their parents are willing to buy for them. Yeah, calling you out for making a REALLY DUMB post. See how that works you abrasive twat.
It's not just anecdotal evidence though. As early as 2007, Nintendo was saying that their own statistics showed the average age of a Wii owner was 29. http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/average-age-of-wii-owners-is-29-says-fils-aime.html Of course there are kids that own and love the WiiU and know and love Mario. My point was that it's not demographically the same as it was 20-30 years ago when the majority of the Nintendo fanbase was kids and families. Today, the fanbase is much older and it's the same fanbase that you see when you line up at Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, etc...My point was that there just aren't enough younger kids to sustain prices significantly over MSRP for Amiibos long term (i.e. 10-20 years from now).

On another note, I'm not sure why you think it's appropriate to call people who you may disagree with names. I suspect you lack confidence in your own opinions and instead of opening yourself up to the possibility that you may be wrong, you'd rather sink to the low of insulting others. It's pretty sad really.

It's also worth a mention that a standard survey method would be apt to represent the older segment of Wii U owners more extensively--especially those older individuals without children. Young adults without kids own the system for their own enjoyment, and thus may show more interest in participating and have more time to participate. Parents who are not into the franchise themselves but buy Nintendo products for their children would be less likely to participate, along with adolescents and tweens who own the system. 

In other words, it's hard to accurately gauge interest over the younger population using this method due to the very nature of the method.

It's not just anecdotal evidence though. As early as 2007, Nintendo was saying that their own statistics showed the average age of a Wii owner was 29. http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/average-age-of-wii-owners-is-29-says-fils-aime.html Of course there are kids that own and love the WiiU and know and love Mario. My point was that it's not demographically the same as it was 20-30 years ago when the majority of the Nintendo fanbase was kids and families. Today, the fanbase is much older and it's the same fanbase that you see when you line up at Toys R Us, Target, Best Buy, etc...My point was that there just aren't enough younger kids to sustain prices significantly over MSRP for Amiibos long term (i.e. 10-20 years from now).
This article seem proof of the contrary. It's not saying that less kids are playing games now more so than 30 years ago, just that there is a strong fanbase between 12 & 60. If anything, it sorta implies that nintendo has strong IP and staying power. Alot of the adult fanbase now were children with Nintendos as kids and if people are hooked until 60, there will definetly be more adults than kids, because you have 25~30 years of fans VS those born in the last 10 years.

On another note, I'm not sure why you think it's appropriate to call people who you may disagree with names. I suspect you lack confidence in your own opinions and instead of opening yourself up to the possibility that you may be wrong, you'd rather sink to the low of insulting others. It's pretty sad really.
Worse than being a miserable, insufferable, consistently negative poster like yourself on these forums? hardly. You reap what you sow pal. People don't usually engage in dialogues with you because they're not interested in having conversation with such an abrasive person.

20-30 years ago all there was, was Nintendo. That's why every gamer kid had one until Sega Genesis came along. Do you think the average age of people purchasing NES systems (or any of the following $200-700 gaming systems) back then was less than 18 years old? haha good one.

This article seem proof of the contrary. It's not saying that less kids are playing games now more so than 30 years ago, just that there is a strong fanbase between 12 & 60. If anything, it sorta implies that nintendo has strong IP and staying power. Alot of the adult fanbase now were children with Nintendos as kids and if people are hooked until 60, there will definetly be more adults than kids, because you have 25~30 years of fans VS those born in the last 10 years.
I never claimed that less kids are playing games. That's clearly not true. Statistically, the number of total gamers is way up over 10 years ago. Anecdotally, all of my kids' friends have either a smartphone or tablet and every time they hop into a car to go to soccer or some other event, they spend the trip playing tablet or smartphone games. I simply said that Mario isn't the icon to the younger set that he is to the older generations. Frankly, even Nintendo understands this with the recent decision to expand into smartphone games and the focus in the Amiibo line on certain characters that would appeal to older fans (Ness being a great example). I'm a huge Nintendo fan in my 30s but even I recognize that the long term value and demand for Amiibos won't be sustained as there just isn't a large enough group of younger collectors to take up the slack once the initial demand goes away years down the road.

Kids these days have a multitude of choices when it comes to electronic entertainment.  There are no generalizations.  Hardly anything gaming-centric could be qualified as 'most kids' besides the commonality of every one of them having smart phones and/or tablets.  Which is, once again, something that was pushed on them by adult society. 

Kids these days have a multitude of choices when it comes to electronic entertainment. There are no generalizations. Hardly anything gaming-centric could be qualified as 'most kids' besides the commonality of every one of them having smart phones and/or tablets. Which is, once again, something that was pushed on them by adult society.
It was pushed by technology. We should stop thinking of kids these days as if they lived during the time we were kids.

Before kids had Tamagotchi's, RC toy cars, play sets, etc. Today they have phones, tablets, and videogame consoles (though that was before too). But think before the previous era, kids only had jump ropes, crude dolls / action figures and outdoor / indoor sports.

Today we have a miss of everything in the past but w/ the tech we have today. Watch, in a decade or two it'll be common for a kid to have a smart watch, tablets used in classrooms (already happening) and replacing libraries (in schools, not historical) with eBook stores.

It was pushed by technology.
Since technology isn't doing the pushing I can't agree with that statement necessarily. It's up to parents what children have access to for entertainment. I'm not sure I'd let my kids have their own smart phones tbh.

But I do agree that the spectrum of entertain options that parents may choose for their children is a combination of past and present pastimes. There's also peer pressure in effect--both on children (friends) and parents (other parents). But ultimately it is the parents who determine what entertainment activities their children have access to. I know some parents stick strictly to Nintendo first party offerings for ESRB content reasons. Some others ensure that physical activity is a definite part of the child's entertainment without otherwise limiting access to gaming outlets.

Smart devices don't exactly garner any gamer cred, if there is a such a thing.  iphones are the new NES and kid gamers have transient interests.

Nothing ever again is going to have the staying power and name brand recognition that Mario and Nintendo had back in the late 80s early 90s.  The market is inundated with products and a  great deal many of them are going to have to die off if interests were ever to become streamlined again.  There's an abundance of choices.  The 'console wars' are over.  People don't identify with one brand or product as they once did.  Gaming interests are vapid, at best, among young people.  The likes of that visceral brand name ideology will probably never be seen again.

Since technology isn't doing the pushing I can't agree with that statement necessarily. It's up to parents what children have access to for entertainment. I'm not sure I'd let my kids have their own smart phones tbh.

But I do agree that the spectrum of entertain options that parents may choose for their children is a combination of past and present pastimes. There's also peer pressure in effect--both on children (friends) and parents (other parents). But ultimately it is the parents who determine what entertainment activities their children have access to. I know some parents stick strictly to Nintendo first party offerings for ESRB content reasons. Some others ensure that physical activity is a definite part of the child's entertainment without otherwise limiting access to gaming outlets.
In this day and age, it's vital to have your kids have some form of communication when you are apart. Hell, I haven't had a home phone for years. Basic smarts phones are out there for kids that can only call a parent, school (anyone you, the parent allows them to call and accept calls from). Those same phones have basic games, video and music abilities.

But I agree, it's the parent who chooses to either give their children dated tech or more up to date tech. imo, parents feel that their kids need what they had at that age, but that isn't realistic with the opportunities both a kid and parent has. Especially when kids are using more advance tech in schools too. Just have to be responsible with what they are given, the tech we have now makes it easier than ever to do so.

No amiibo preorders yet....this is truly becoming the worst easter ever.
Have you been monitoring the Jigglypuff page at all? Notice any changes over the last few hours?

I keep getting little alerts over the last 18 hours, but I haven't seen the link active or anyone bragging about bagging one. I can't tell if they're false positives or not.

Have you been monitoring the Jigglypuff page at all? Notice any changes over the last few hours?

I keep getting little alerts over the last 18 hours, but I haven't seen the link active or anyone bragging about bagging one. I can't tell if they're false positives or not.
Been out all day, so i mostly just checked Amazon. Maybe its been popping up for brief spurts. Wouldnt be the first time

at least i got some sleep last night and woke up without a surprise. after the last two nights of staying up, i needed some sleep.

that toys r us 3am est got me staying up with the "just in case" paranoia. 

In this day and age, it's vital to have your kids have some form of communication when you are apart. Hell, I haven't had a home phone for years. Basic smarts phones are out there for kids that can only call a parent, school (anyone you, the parent allows them to call and accept calls from). Those same phones have basic games, video and music abilities.

But I agree, it's the parent who chooses to either give their children dated tech or more up to date tech. imo, parents feel that their kids need what they had at that age, but that isn't realistic with the opportunities both a kid and parent has. Especially when kids are using more advance tech in schools too. Just have to be responsible with what they are given, the tech we have now makes it easier than ever to do so.
Unless I can be sure my kids can't access the games, videos, and music during class lectures, it'd have to be a basic phone. There's no way I'd choose to give them an additional venue for distraction. I'd definitely let them borrow mine to play games at home or on trips, but only with the parental settings in place.

I'm okay with kids using more advanced tech during class or on projects while in school. My kids wouldn't be deprived of more advanced tech at home either, but it'd be under our supervision. Those tech skills learned will become increasingly relevant to any career. There is always risk of misuse in school however--especially as children become more skilled with the tech and learn to bypass those restriction settings. It really comes down to instilling in your children during the early years what are appropriate uses of the tech at their disposal. Imo, it's easier to focus on teaching them how they should use tech when you start off slow and basic.

Sorry, I've gone waaay off topic from amiibo hunting lol.

I know this is probably old news but I noticed that Shulk has a release date of 5/01/15 on GS's website. Have they mentioned re-stocks?

I know this is probably old news but I noticed that Shulk has a release date of 5/01/15 on GS's website. Have they mentioned re-stocks?
Right around the time of retail release for Shulk Gamestop had a period of two or three days where you could do web-in-store orders for a second shipment of Shulks that were supposed to be mailed out after May 1st. At this point it's basically a placeholder date for only those.

Some people were speculating that agreement for retailer-specific exclusivity for wave3 runs out in May but afaik there is not factual evidence at this point.

maybe for you, ive gotten several deliveries on sunday and its always USPS, in fact, im pretty sure UPS said no to the deal.
haha that's actually what I mean't ! lol USPS forgot about that other one ups. I just got my two collectors edition majoras mask guides

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back