Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of snakes, I swear these web guys at Best Buy must be changing some code.  I really wonder if Pac-Man ever was really back yesterday or if Charizard, robin, Lucina were for today.  Got a Robin alert this time.

Has anyone gotten a wave 4at BB yesterday or today?

Amazon doesn't need marketing, everyone knows what it is already, worldwide. This was pure trolling. Even if the original response was photoshopped, baiting and mocking your customers is not a wise P.R. move.

Marketing for kindle maybe, but negatively impacting all these gamers...where they make a lot of their money, it's pissing where they "eat" not really the professional stance to take. Mind you I already have these pre-ordered. So I say this in a general sense. I am empathetic.

This probably has a tie in with Amazon's strained relationship with Nintendo. I'd be willing to bet on that.

It would be funny if their site did crash. They'd lose something like 10 thousand a minute. No joke. That's called "trolling back" - if you are pushed, I suggest pushing back. Just my two cents.
Your statement is entirely contradictory - you state Amazon needs no marketing, but that this tweet was a bad PR move and this plus a negative impact to their site's servers would cost them dearly.

Marketing and name recognition are not the same thing. McDonald's doesn't air commercials to inform you of what it is. Like Amazon, we already know what they do. What a McDonald's commercial does do is (try) to get you to go there more often and spend more money there. Same philosophy here; Amazon utilizes a bit of light humor, and displays that they have a fun side and aren't some faceless corporate bot.

Reading through most comments on reddit the tweet is being met with mostly positive reactions. It may royally piss off some people (why, I don't know), but most people are reacting positively from what I see.

Speaking of snakes, I swear these web guys at Best Buy must be changing some code. I really wonder if Pac-Man ever was really back yesterday or if Charizard, robin, Lucina were for today. Got a Robin alert this time.

What part of the page are you monitoring? I've been monitoring the Coming Soon button and have not had any alerts.

Speaking of snakes, I swear these web guys at Best Buy must be changing some code. I really wonder if Pac-Man ever was really back yesterday or if Charizard, robin, Lucina were for today. Got a Robin alert this time.

I posted about this earlier but Inkling Boy was in stock for like 5 whole seconds at BBY earlier today. I was able to add one and check out, but soon as I posted it, the button no longer worked even though it still showed up as "pre-order".

So, our best Amazon lead is back to April 17th again?
If its even that , Reps and random people are just stating dates left and right like its their mission or something.It could be the 17th, but it would not hurt to be vigilant each day in case its not.

If its even that , Reps and random people are just stating dates left and right like its their mission or something.It could be the 17th, but it would not hurt to be vigilant each day in case its not.
They say the 17th, and it'll come in stock tomorrow at 3PM or some shit lol

Your statement is entirely contradictory - you state Amazon needs no marketing, but that this tweet was a bad PR move and this plus a negative impact to their site's servers would cost them dearly.

Marketing and name recognition are not the same thing. McDonald's doesn't air commercials to inform you of what it is. Like Amazon, we already know what they do. What a McDonald's commercial does do is (try) to get you to go there more often and spend more money there. Same philosophy here; Amazon utilizes a bit of light humor, and displays that they have a fun side and aren't some faceless corporate bot.

Reading through most comments on reddit the tweet is being met with mostly positive reactions. It may royally piss off some people (why, I don't know), but most people are reacting positively from what I see.
It's called an opinion. I was responding to someone else's statement that this was great marketing. Then I said I hope their servers crash. You disagree, and that's fine. But it's not contradictory in the slightest just because you happen to not agree. I am not here to argue, this is not a debate. It's an opinion.

Your McDonalds analogy does not fit what is being discussed, even if it is valid. You are implying this is viral marketing. You can look at it that way if you'd like. I've been down this road before, and I don't think that's the case here. Amazon has nothing to prove, that's the point. People are paying attention, but more than likely this is the perspective of someone who looks down on the people obsessing over it. My other point of "do not shit where you eat" applies entirely here. But again, opinion.

a lot of people out there, are obsessed with their own self-image. I'm sure nobody would ever show anger publically in fear of random strangers, people mocking and heckling them. Which seems to be the norm on this island internet.

It's called an opinion. I was responding to someone else's statement that this was great marketing. Then I said I hope their servers crash. You disagree, and that's fine. But it's not contradictory in the slightest just because you happen to not agree. I am not here to argue, this is not a debate. It's an opinion.

Your McDonalds analogy does not fit what is being discussed, even if it is valid.

a lot of people out there, are obsessed with their own self-image. I'm sure nobody would ever show anger publically in fear of random strangers, people mocking and heckling them. Which seems to be the norm on this island internet.
Imagine my response as being read in Morgan Freeman's voice O:). I wasn't trying to be hostile, and like you, was stating an opinion. Sorry if there was any confusion. -Cheers

Imagine my response as being read in Morgan Freeman's voice O:). I wasn't trying to be hostile, and like you, was stating an opinion. Sorry if there was any confusion. -Cheers
I'm not being hostile at all. I was addressing your points and explaining why I didn't agree. I think it's very hard to ascertain tone on the net. But I was serious about people being mean to one another, for sport. I do think that needs to end. Because when people are self-centered, important causes are lost. I try to look out for animals, people, etc. and the internet spreads this dehumanization, this sort of impersonal demeanor where people get joy from other people's misery... lots of people try very hard not to be a target. I say people should be more open with their opinions. You have an opinion, go for it. I just don't want to fight. We've had enough of that online, each of us, to last a lifetime. From the top dog to the bottom.

People get passionate over these amiibo. I feel for them. I think corporate stance on this is BS. That's pretty much it. The underdog, real people, will always be on top over corporate greed IMHO.

What part of the page are you monitoring? I've been monitoring the Coming Soon button and have not had any alerts.
the coming soon area as well. I had c4c set to 30s or less

I posted about this earlier but Inkling Boy was in stock for like 5 whole seconds at BBY earlier today. I was able to add one and check out, but soon as I posted it, the button no longer worked even though it still showed up as "pre-order".
I've only ever seen the pre-order button for pac-Man which never worked when i go to it. I did see the buttons for the Splatoon boy/girl but was minutes before I was actually able to check myself

I'm not being hostile at all. I was addressing your points and explaining why I didn't agree. I think it's very hard to ascertain tone on the net. But I was serious about people being mean to one another, for sport. I do think that needs to end. Because when people are self-centered, important causes are lost. I try to look out for animals, people, etc. and the internet spreads this dehumanization, this sort of impersonal demeanor where people get joy from other people's misery... lots of people try very hard not to be a target. I say people should be more open with their opinions. You have an opinion, go for it. I just don't want to fight. We've had enough of that online, each of us, to last a lifetime. From the top dog to the bottom.

People get passionate over these amiibo. I feel for them. I think corporate stance on this is BS. That's pretty much it. The underdog, real people, will always be on top over corporate greed IMHO.
And CUT! Excellent scene you two! This will be a great scene to introduce in the amiibo movie , a scene featuring the destructive influence of amiibo.Now for the next scene i need you two to get really angry and state your dislikes toward Nintendo , we need to put pressure on them to make sure we are being heard.

I dont understand why they can't just release info on when you can preorder them. If anything it would be smart to have a orderly preorder system so they knew what the demand would be like ahead of time.

And CUT! Excellent scene you two! This will be a great scene to introduce in the amiibo movie , a scene featuring the destructive influence of amiibo.Now for the next scene i need you two to get really angry and state your dislikes toward Nintendo , we need to put pressure on them to make sure we are being heard.
Amiibo movie huh... I like it. I'll tell Uwe Boll.

LOL

=P~

Assault on Wall Street Nintendo

Because then we will have another GameStop WIS fiasco
Would we though? Amazon and Gamestop online are two completely different animals , amazon's structure is one of the best in the business i haven't seen Amazon.com crash in years and it continues to improve day by day.Hell i even heard that in the event amazon was offline it would cost them approximately $10,000+ per minute.

Gamestop.com however is a website that is painfully lacking in its IT department , and i dont believe the amiibo hype is big enough to crash the infamous conglomerate.

Would we though? Amazon and Gamestop online are two completely different animals , amazon's structure is one of the best in the business i haven't seen Amazon.com crash in years and it continues to improve day by day.Hell i even heard that in the event amazon was offline it would cost them approximately $10,000+ per minute.

Gamestop.com however is a website that is painfully lacking in its IT department , and i dont believe the amiibo hype is big enough to crash the infamous conglomerate.
I agree with you. I'm still salty about not being able to get Robin and Lucina from GameStop though. That's the only reason I'm referencing that fiasco.

Well guys, while you were all sittin around pressin F5 I scored a Pacman miibo at Target. I'm thinking about sending it to Billy Mitchell to have it autographed and then sell it for $100's.

[attachment=13619:pac.jpg]

Well guys, while you were all sittin around pressin F5 I scored a Pacman miibo at Target. I'm thinking about sending it to Billy Mitchell to have it autographed and then sell it for $100's.

attachicon.gif
pac.jpg
Love your lcon, rockhead27. Chairman Kaga is crazy. I like to imagine he kept all his top chefs in a prison-like dungeon underneath kitchen stadium, captive, naked, living in squalor and shackled to the wall with chains. You can see the dementedness in his eyes when he bites into that flaming hot pepper. When the time comes for a broadcast, he has his guards whip them into putting on their chef outfits, where they each stand on the levitated plaform in their poses chosen by Kaga himself. We see them rise with an unexpressive gaze on their face. For the chef who wins that kitchen battle is the one who gets to eat for the week, and gets a visit from their families, who Kaga takes good care of financially for the chef's servitude.

Wouldn't Iron Chef Japan have been so much more interesting if this was it's plotline? Like Oldboy meets Iron Chef.

Yeah, I've convinced my brothers that all the chefs in the intro are his personal army and they are ready to do his bidding. I don't want to stray off topic though, with that being said we should vote for Chairman Kaga to be included in Smash Bros. and then we can have a Kaga Amiibo.

Yeah, I've convinced my brothers that all the chefs in the intro are his personal army and they are ready to do his bidding. I don't want to stray off topic though, with that being said we should vote for Chairman Kaga to be included in Smash Bros. and then we can have a Kaga Amiibo.
Well, Nintendo is a Japanese company. Iron Chef hails from Japan. Not off-topic by that link alone. Why, the actor who played Kaga could easily double for Miyamoto with the right makeover. See, everything... it's connected!

I don't really keep up with Amiibo's too much but I've been trying to get Toad for a few weeks now and well...he's in stock at best buy online.

Still seems to be 25$ on amazon from resellers so if you need him check it out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-toad-multi/3214007.p?id=1219573004127&skuId=3214007
It took less than 5 minutes of you posting for that to sell out, dude. The peddlers and trolls are buying up any Amiibo with a perceived value. /Twisted Sister - "we're not gonna take it" begins to play

I don't think ill ever be able to complete my collection and it bums me out to the point of just wanting to get rid of them so I don't have to look at an incomplete set anymore. Really just wish there was at least like a day or a week long window to be able to pre-order these things but this 6 minute pre-order window during the witching hour on a weekday is beyond stupid.

I don't really keep up with Amiibo's too much but I've been trying to get Toad for a few weeks now and well...he's in stock at best buy online.

Still seems to be 25$ on amazon from resellers so if you need him check it out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-toad-multi/3214007.p?id=1219573004127&skuId=3214007
I just got mine from target and had save my rain check to get it at 9.74 during that 25% off sale on all amiibos. I couldnt find it in any of the targets near i guess its ymmv. Luckily they had it restock today.

I don't think ill ever be able to complete my collection and it bums me out to the point of just wanting to get rid of them so I don't have to look at an incomplete set anymore. Really just wish there was at least like a day or a week long window to be able to pre-order these things but this 6 minute pre-order window during the witching hour on a weekday is beyond stupid.
Personally, I wish that Nintendo went the same direction that Good Smile Company does with limited edition Nendoroid figures and, on a site that in run on a great server (and not the crappy one that Club Nintendo has), give customers a week to order the the harder to find Amiibos (especially ones that are planned to be store exclusives), thus taking away all the hassle that is taking the fun away from Amiibo collecting.

Finally got through for Jigglypuff, I can't believe it.  Flinched on a second order and the were sold out.

These 1-2 minute pre-order windows are getting hilarious. I was too busy vibing out to some Zedd with my new headphones and missed it.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out around this time every night....

These 1-2 minute pre-order windows are getting hilarious. I was too busy vibing out to some Zedd with my new headphones and missed it.

Guess I'll have to keep an eye out around this time every night....
Yeah this is beyond ridiculous..its either Im away from my computer and I miss it..or Im sitting right here and clicking the damn link and I miss it

a couple of guys on reddit posted that the add to cart button never appeared on chrome while others reported it was fine for them.

same happened to me. 

i was in front of my pc with the window open and refreshing every 5 secs before it was even posted on reddit.  since 11pm i was f5 ing, the button never turned red. there's something wrong on my chrome page where the quantity selector from the  target page disappeared.  it appears on IE fine. kinda of ticked bc i was ready but couldn't get in... oh well. next time i'll use IE and firefox as backup.  or go to target release day.

I saw add to cart button on safari with my iPhone but only if I viewed desktop version of site. It just said my cart was empty when I added it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back