Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah I've always maintained that they are just plastic toys. I'm not a real collector. Have never been and never will be. I just like the hunt. I'll be the first to admit it. However weird that may be. They just sit there. That's why I don't ever really get bent out of shape when issues with online preorders and supply happen. Now if Nintendo starts to give them some really cool functionality with games..That'd be awesome. 

hahah I've always maintained that they are just plastic toys. I'm not a real collector. Have never been and never will be. I just like the hunt. I'll be the first to admit it. However weird that may be. They just sit there. That's why I don't ever really get bent out of shape when issues with online preorders and supply happen. Now if Nintendo starts to give them some really cool functionality with games..That'd be awesome.
Well you're getting the demo functionality with them somewhat soon.

The amiibos for Splatoon seem to offer a lot too. They offer extra costumes, challenges, and stuff exclusive so the amiibos. Seems nice to me. I agree with you on some level though brutha. We need a dedicated amiibo game. Maybe a Nintendo Diablo?

Well you're getting the demo functionality with them somewhat soon.

The amiibos for Splatoon seem to offer a lot too. They offer extra costumes, challenges, and stuff exclusive so the amiibos. Seems nice to me. I agree with you on some level though brutha. We need a dedicated amiibo game. Maybe a Nintendo Diablo?
Yea, I actually just saw the stuff about Splatoon today. Sounds promising!

Splatoon I think is going to be my GOTY and I'm an RPG guy. It looks extremely promising to me.

When they announced no voice chat too that damn near solidified it for me!

No annoying tweens!

I'm not sure what to feel about the Splatoon Amiibo. I have a feeling the "missions" or whatever that they will give you will be something along the lines of the side objectives found in assassin's creed games. The exclusive gear you would get from doing those missions sounds cool, but I can't imagine the missions being anything more than things like "get X number of head shots."

Splatoon I think is going to be my GOTY and I'm an RPG guy. It looks extremely promising to me.

No annoying tweens!
Yep. It's currently the only game I have preordered. I cancelled my preorders for Witcher 3 and mortal kombat. I'll eventually play them but games are so quick to drop in price nowadays!! And with Splatoon being a Nintendo game.. I'm guessing a price drop is far off and I really want to play it at launch.

I'm not sure what to feel about the Splatoon Amiibo. I have a feeling the "missions" or whatever that they will give you will be something along the lines of the side objectives found in assassin's creed games. The exclusive gear you would get from doing those missions sounds cool, but I can't imagine the missions being anything more than things like "get X number of head shots."
From Nintendo Tree House they're little things like

"Previously we tasked you to complete this level with this specific weapon. With your amiibo you will be challenged that same level but rather with this weapon instead. If you are able to complete said goal or level you should be rewarded with this amiibo specific gear."

So... I think? But in terms of Splatoon.

It looks really creative/fun to me. Guess we'll see if the appeal lasts. I hope they have lots of game modes and weapons/customization. I've only seen some gameplay videos and was really excited at the initial announcement.

It looks really creative/fun to me. Guess we'll see if the appeal lasts. I hope they have lots of game modes and weapons/customization. I've only seen some gameplay videos and was really excited at the initial announcement.
Single player campaign, various ranked and non ranked online modes. RPG lite like traits with the equipment and leveling up system.

Plus there is a create a character system.

I was wondering what is everyone's prediction on when U.S. Wave 5 pre orders will begin? anyone one think its possible before Wave 4's release? I hope so so i can get this out of the way.

Did the eu amazons put up their stock and sell out last night? their pages for greninja and jigglypuff changed...

Small info drop. TRU stores will have 10 or 20 preorders of each pacman and greninja. 1 preorder of each per person. Monday (4-27) is the ONLY day.

Edit: More info later. I'll try to get the store list for how many preorders each will have.

No annoying tweens!
If Splatoon is even in the top 50, hell, top 100 games of the year, then this is going to be a very bad year for games. Splatoon looks like nothing nore than your average Gamecube era shovelwar title.

Went ahead and preordered a blue Yarn Yoshi from ShopTo.net.  I'll take my chances on picking up the pink and the green when they go up for preorder in NA, but I don't want to take any chances on the blue one.  He's so damn adorable!

Small info drop. TRU stores will have 10 or 20 preorders of each pacman and greninja. 1 preorder of each per person. Monday is the ONLY day.

Edit: More info later. I'll try to get the store list for how many preorders each will have.
I thought preorders were originally supposed to happen on the 17th (Friday)?

Went ahead and preordered a blue Yarn Yoshi from ShopTo.net. I'll take my chances on picking up the pink and the green when they go up for preorder in NA, but I don't want to take any chances on the blue one. He's so damn adorable!
Is this site reliable? I've never used it before. Also, do they ship to the US? Is it expensive?

Is this site reliable? I've never used it before. Also, do they ship to the US? Is it expensive?
I've ordered from them in the past without any problems to import PAL-only games like The Last Window and Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Shipping is around $7 for no tracking and $15 with tracking, so it's a little expensive (Yarn Yoshi came out to about $30 shipped). I'll probably cancel my preorder if I get an NA preorder, but it's a backup just in case.

Eh, that's silly. I don't think Pac will be too hard to find. But if there are really going to be at least 10 per store for Green Ninja I may not have to go as early as I thought. The 8 extra Lucario they had on launch day only filled up about 45 minutes before opening.

I'm looking to trade a Gold Mario (NiB) plus my Greninja(preorder, already paid for) for the Yarn Yoshi 3-pack. I don't live in the UK and the Yarn Yoshi's are the only Amiibos my wife wants. 

If Splatoon is even in the top 50, hell, top 100 games of the year, then this is going to be a very bad year for games. Splatoon looks like nothing nore than your average Gamecube era shovelwar title.
If Splatoon is in the top 100 then it means the game greatly defied my expectations, which are pretty low. The characters (although they step away from the tried and true Mario cast) look boring, the game doesn't look that exciting(PAINT!), and no voice chat (not that I would be using it anyway) is pretty much a hundred steps back for online coop. I don't mind creative at all, but this particular creative attempt looks dull.

This is the reason I'm not getting splatoon. No voice chat in a co-op based online game is stupid.
In all seriousness I'm baffled by the response that news is getting. Granted the game isn't out so I can't say for sure that it needs or doesn't need voice chat but from what has been showed....the game doesn't need it. Now I can understand the frustration if you wanted to talk to your buddies and stuff while gaming with them but you have skype and so on for that. I think it's evident Nintendo doesn't want to make this their Counter Strike.

And for me that's perfect. But hey if you want a more traditional shooter it's not like you don't have Hardline, Destiny, Black Ops 3 coming out this fall, Halo, etc.............

In all seriousness I'm baffled by the response that news is getting. Granted the game isn't out so I can't say for sure that it needs or doesn't need voice chat but from what has been showed....the game doesn't need it. Now I can understand the frustration if you wanted to talk to your buddies and stuff while gaming with them but you have skype and so on for that. I think it's evident Nintendo doesn't want to make this their Counter Strike.

And for me that's perfect. But hey if you want a more traditional shooter it's not like you don't have Hardline, Destiny, Black Ops 3 coming out this fall, Halo, etc.............
I understand that but I think that voice chat is a core part of online gaming and honestly it's up to Nintendo to do what they want with Splatoon and that's fine. I do spend most of my gaming talking with friends or people I'm playing with so maybe it's only a core part of the experience for me. Everybody is different I suppose.

I'm looking to trade a Gold Mario (NiB) plus my Greninja(preorder, already paid for) for the Yarn Yoshi 3-pack. I don't live in the UK and the Yarn Yoshi's are the only Amiibos my wife wants.
The yarn yoshi's haven't been made available in the US yet because the game is coming out significantly later here than everywhere else. You, me, and every other husband/boyfriend are going to be fighting over those things and it's not going to be pretty; the original yoshi amiibo has all but disappeared ever since the yarn ones were announced.

Voice chat and how it affects the game seems to vary greatly from title to title. I hated voice chat so bad with the teenage angst on X360 games that I basically avoided playing anything online on the system at all unless I had 3-4 friends who bought the same game and we would go in together. PS3, on the other hand, was always silent back in it's earlier life because of the fact that the system didn't come with a headset and no one had one, so it was actually more enjoyable to me. But it sucks not to be able to play a random game of multiplayer such as Gears, because you don't feel like talking and even though you got the most kills on your team during a round or a match, the host boots you just because you didn't have a mic. fucking stupid. 

Small info drop. TRU stores will have 10 or 20 preorders of each pacman and greninja. 1 preorder of each per person. Monday (4-27) is the ONLY day.

great info Diabhalla, thanks for the updates

The yarn yoshi's haven't been made available in the US yet because the game is coming out significantly later here than everywhere else. You, me, and every other husband/boyfriend are going to be fighting over those things and it's not going to be pretty; the original yoshi amiibo has all but disappeared ever since the yarn ones were announced.
Exactly, I know it's going to be blood bath in the states for the Yarn Yoshis that's why I'm hoping I can find someone to trade with who can get the three pack from Game and ship it out to me.

Exactly, I know it's going to be blood bath in the states for the Yarn Yoshis that's why I'm hoping I can find someone to trade with who can get the three pack from Game and ship it out to me.
yarn yoshii? i'm stoked for them. i'm going open and pet them everyday. i posted this before but looks like i may have to buy the tie in with the game to get one if these shortages keep up... lol (i hope this is not really true)

Thank you! If I give you our local store number could you provide any details as to how many?

So for amiibos that are actually released I'm missing the trinity, Samus, pit, shulk, and lucario. I don't care about trainer, lucario, or shulk, so I guess that makes it a little easier :/

I can't check on individual store stock, they kind of restricted it. This is all I can do at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/aQAu8f2.jpg
"Team member must follow the same rules as customers and are not allowed to purchase or set aside merchandise prior to availability to customers." HA! Good luck preventing that by just sending it in an email. Crooked employees be crooked, this has been happening to all in-demand Amiibo at all retailers since the hype started. I hope the minority of true fans/collectors out there get a fair chance at scoring an exclusive, and I'm glad to get extras into the hands of those who need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back