Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
You got lucky, that preorder should work just fine. That store fucked up. That being said, probably should edit it so you can't read the receipt.
As Diabhalla stated, he does have a valid pre order. You need to pre order using the barcode that is on the printed ticket they will hand out(or already handed out in CaptainZaraki's case).

Just using the 6 digit Skn will not work if anyone had done this in the last couple weeks.

Would you mind showing us a pic of the Greninja preorder receipt you got when TRU associate rang up the PLU (no preorder card)?

Using the image, Diabhalla may be able to tell us if those PLU preorders will affect store allocations on the 27th, and maybe even if the PLU preorder method will be viable come pickup day.
ooooh, I was referring to the post about needing the card when you pick preorders up. I was able to pick up ORAS without it, but I had the receipt. When I preordered Lucario at TRU they had about 40 cards, but on the big day the store only got 4. Sorry for the confusion

Small info drop. TRU stores will have 10 or 20 preorders of each pacman and greninja. 1 preorder of each per person. Monday (4-27) is the ONLY day.

Edit: More info later. I'll try to get the store list for how many preorders each will have.
This is killing me. Especially since I need 2 for a legit reason.

ooooh, I was referring to the post about needing the card when you pick preorders up. I was able to pick up ORAS without it, but I had the receipt. When I preordered Lucario at TRU they had about 40 cards, but on the big day the store only got 4. Sorry for the confusion
ahh, sorry about that myself. i thought you got a grenninja or lucario without the card successfully when you posted. my bad.

Target exclusives are not painful to get in store -  with the exception of some cities, particularly larger ones such as NYC, as long as you get there within the first few hours of opening, you've got a pretty good chance of finding one, at least that was the case with the last wave, with people reporting Rosalina still on the shelves well into the following day. When you factor the increased hype between Wave 3 and 4, you might have to scale that time frame back a bit, but unless they've already sold, or end up selling them all through pre-orders sometime between now and then, it's the best chance you'll get in these botty, macro times.

When you factor the increased hype between Wave 3 and 4, you might have to scale that time frame back a bit, but unless they've already sold, or end up selling them all through pre-orders sometime between now and then, it's the best chance you'll get in these botty, macro times.
That is a massive run-on sentence lol.

But you're right, it seems the hype has grown exponentially. With people scooping up as many as possible if there's no limit I'd bank on probably having to be there before opening if you're in a decently populated area. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, especially since there's more than a month until then for the hype train to grow.

PIcked up my Gold Mario at Walmart this afternoon. Here are some highlights of the day:

1. No one in line, but I waited 15 mins at the walmart.com pickup area as 3 people walked by and asked "have you been helped yet"? Then walked off to get someone, never to return.

2. After someone got there and started to help, they looked at my printout and had never seen an order number like mine. Not really sure what that meant.

3. My name and order number are not in the system.

4. After a few more people show up to help (with four people there trying to find my order in the computer through various methods), a girl walks in the back and brings out the Gold Mario.

5. Even with the amiibo in hand and my name and order number printed on a sticker stuck to the back, they still can't find my order in the computer and say they can't sell it to me and at one point the manager says, "can you come back later when the computer is working?"

6. I refuse to leave (I'm usually a polite person, but 45 mins into this experience I'm not leaving without Gold Mario) I ask for higher up manager that refuses to come over.

7. Finally they say they will write down all the information and say they will tell the store manager to look at the cameras if there are any problems.

8. About 55 mins after walking in I walk out of the store, amiibo in hand. No bag, no receipt and luckily, no one even cared to stop me.

Honestly, not the worst experience I've ever had at walmart.
I just got an email saying that I never picked up my Gold Mario and they refunded me the money. I guess they never did anything with the information they wrote down.

got a tip Shulk reappeared at a few GS. 

edit: NW got a box or two in.  Likely gone by now as everyone getting a GCN adapter will get.

Normally they do, but when wave 4 first went up for pre-order US addresses weren't valid. I guess they are now since people are able to order them.
yeah i was surprised they were up for so long. but i guess that makes sense people thinking they wouldn't ship to the US.

i ended up with robin and charizard. i had lucina but didn't check a box and realized i never checked out! argh..

2 is not bad though

I was there when Robin and Lucina went live on amazon.fr a bit ago.  They kept going in and out of stock and i repeatedly added them to my cart but was never able to complete the checkout process.  It was all over in a gust of wind. 

I was there when Robin and Lucina went live on amazon.fr a bit ago. They kept going in and out of stock and i repeatedly added them to my cart but was never able to complete the checkout process. It was all over in a gust of wind.
it was up for a while but i guess when someone posted robin and lucina are up on reddit and the new sites, things just went by in a flash.

ness and charizard wario were sitting there for 10-20mins until another another reddit poster posted ness is up... gone in an instant. lol

That is a massive run-on sentence lol.

But you're right, it seems the hype has grown exponentially. With people scooping up as many as possible if there's no limit I'd bank on probably having to be there before opening if you're in a decently populated area. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out, especially since there's more than a month until then for the hype train to grow.
The stakes are also bigger - with Wave 3 only the exclusives became rare. Now we've got another exclusive, and two Fire Emblems, which are guaranteed rares (or scalpers are heavily betting that way - they sold out before the exclusive at GS, and continue to do so on foreign sites), and the Splatoons, which will likely be common, but at least one (I bet the 3 pack) might be rare. On Feb. 1st, Rosalina Day, there were myself and one other guy all the way up until about a half hour before opening, when another half-dozen people joined us. Indeed, it will be interesting to see what happens this time.

After just picking up a wii u gamecube adapter at gamestop I now have a bit of hope for the amiibo situation. I guess I should wait and see if the gamecube adapters are still readily available a month from now before getting my hopes too high. Reading again today about more rare amiibo's being produced helps fire this hope as well.

God damn it. I was counting on amazon.fr and they went up and sold out that fast...

I don't want to pay some scalper 70 dollars for a stupid toy.

What's the big deal with Toad? I thought he was an easy catch?
Depends on where you are, kind of like what happened with Fox. Areas that are thicker with scalpers are buying them up too fast to last on the shelves despite the fact that they had a high production run. But they've been fairly easy to find other places, presumably areas that aren't infested with resellers.

Ugh, I want to....but in the past waves when I imported out of fear I ended up feeling stupid when I saw the same figures in stock at MSRP on release morning.

Gone already, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back