Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless it's Lucina and Robin, I'm thinking I kinda want to wait and see if Best Buy will have some extras on the shelf for release day. I didn't pay attention to BB during wave 3, so I have no idea how much of a hell-wait it'll be...

I just realized all these amiibo are coming out at a time I'm most likely going to be moved out of my current billing address. Easy fix when it comes to amazon, but not so much for Walmart. I guess if I move I can contact customer service to update the billing address, but who knows if that'll work.

I just realized all these amiibo are coming out at a time I'm most likely going to be moved out of my current billing address. Easy fix when it comes to amazon, but not so much for Walmart. I guess if I move I can contact customer service to update the billing address, but who knows if that'll work.
I'm in the same situation. I think the only feasible way is to call the carrier customer service and request for your package to be held at a local sorting facility before it reaches your old address.

I just can't pull the trigger on that Splatoon 3 pack. I just don't know what it is
That's not strange at all considering the game isn't out and you have no attachment to the characters. There's no reason to talk yourself into buying something.

What's really weird is how Nintendo has us trained to buy things we don't even care about.

These are the steps one must take to promote an "all ages" experience.
No amount of moderation, banning or user tools are going to solve the fact that as soon as you introduce voicechat you welcome in trash talking and that leads you to make the choice of cumbersome "Opt-in" systems or draconian moderation policies. Any time you waste on trying to implement this is time that doesn't go to some other element of the game design.

I don't like voice chat. I don't care for trash talking. I don't care for that entire scene.
Splatoon is NEVER going to have the userbase of Halo or Call of Duty, nor will it ever reach anywhere near that level of acceptance from mainstream gamers. As is, given the installed base numbers... any system that makes it less likely to hear some idiot going off on an obscenity laced tirade during an open game is a good thing.

Splatoon is going to need open games to be a things JUST so it doesn't become a dead multiplayer game. Taking a page from the PC realm, go look at Steam. There's HUNDREDS of games that can't even start an instance of a match because it can't round out the required number of people. That's a very real problem for all but the newest and most popular games.

It will very quickly get to a point where if you want to play online, you WILL have to play with strangers. I'd rather not hear them than potential gain a small strategic advantage.

If saves me the annoyance of tolerating fools and makes me feel that it's safe to let the kids actually sit down and play and not deal with idiots and perverts, that's a win.

Splatoon was never going to be Halo or Call of Duty, and anyone who was harboring any such thoughts was fooling themselves.
Voice chat can be done right, though. I've played over 300 hours of Destiny and never been trash talked once, and I think that's in part because the voice chat is set to the right defaults. In Destiny, by default at least, you can only hear your teammates, and you have to opt-in to hear anyone else. I never opt-in.

Voice chat adds a lot in that game for me, I would have been done with it 250 hours ago without the voice chat. I have no doubt that it would add a lot in Splatoon for me as well. Enough so that not having it is probably a deal breaker for me.

I just can't pull the trigger on that Splatoon 3 pack. I just don't know what it is
I was like that too, lol. But, I said "f**k it" and bought it at Best Buy (using GCU). I'm going for a complete NA NIB set 47/47, I'm currently at 45/47 (missing Greninja and Jigglingpuff pre-orders). Get the 3 pack if you're going for a complete Amiibo set or if you're interested in Splatoon, it's up to you.

Voice chat can be done right, though. I've played over 300 hours of Destiny and never been trash talked once, and I think that's in part because the voice chat is set to the right defaults. In Destiny, by default at least, you can only hear your teammates, and you have to opt-in to hear anyone else. I never opt-in.

Voice chat adds a lot in that game for me, I would have been done with it 250 hours ago without the voice chat. I have no doubt that it would add a lot in Splatoon for me as well. Enough so that not having it is probably a deal breaker for me.
I agree that voice chat can add a lot to a game, and it is especially easy to do correctly in 2015. It's outright annoying that I won't even be able to use voice chat with my friends when I'm playing splatoon.

That's what happened to me too... I wasn't going to buy the Splatoon 3 pack but then I justified buying it with the Best Buy discount.  GCU will be the death of us all. 

The PS4 is owned by an older audience and to use voice chat, you have to shell out money to buy a headset.

The Wii U is owned primarirly by kids, and the console has integrated voice chat in the controller. If you play Splatoon online, I guarantee the experience is going to be different than Destiny.

The PS4 is owned by an older audience and to use voice chat, you have to shell out money to buy a headset.

The Wii U is owned primarirly by kids, and the console has integrated voice chat in the controller. If you play Splatoon online, I guarantee the experience is going to be different than Destiny.
Nintendo should want to try and break that idea. It doesn't seem to be doing them any favors. The need to be all around not just a kiddy console.

I just received an email from GameStop responding to my survey in which I expressed my dismay at not being able to preorder Robin and Lucina. They basically said thanks for reaching out to us but we are no longer taking wave 4 orders. Oh well.

I just received an email from GameStop responding to my survey in which I expressed my dismay at not being able to preorder Robin and Lucina. They basically said thanks for reaching out to us but we are no longer taking wave 4 orders. Oh well.
That sucks. Guess that means they had more unhappy customers than backup product. :/

I used the sku# to preorder greninja at tru. Manager said well it works, but it didn't ask for an email or anything so they took my info and said they'd set a card aside for it. He goes worse case scenario they'll get an extra, which he's not worried about.

Same here, i wouldn't be surprised if it was a form letter that they are sending out to everyone who mentioned amiibos

I used the sku# to preorder greninja at tru. Manager said well it works, but it didn't ask for an email or anything so they took my info and said they'd set a card aside for it. He goes worse case scenario they'll get an extra, which he's not worried about.
Using the Sku does not work. You need to ring up the pre order using the bar code on the ticket. The receipt would print out with an order number for a valid pre order.

Don't forget guys.  Jigglypuff recycles have gone up each of the last two nights, and many nights in the past, at exactly 10:18 CST /  11:18 EST / 8:18 PST for less than one minute.  Be at your PC and F5 constantly on Internet Explorer while logged into Target.com and click the greyed out button if you want to score. 

The PS4 comes with a headset, I didn't have to shell out extra for it.

I want them to go real weird with Amiibo figures. Make a Master Hand amiibo! Make a Reggie amiibo!
I'd rather have alternate costumes, perhaps with different poses; give us the koopling kids, female Robin, the gay, ahem, male Wii Fit Trainer, maybe even certain palette swaps like Bikini Zero Suit Samus. Last I heard, Nintendo said they're at least a possibility.

Don't forget guys. Jigglypuff recycles have gone up each of the last two nights, and many nights in the past, at exactly 10:18 CST / 11:18 EST / 8:18 PST for less than one minute. Be at your PC and F5 constantly on Internet Explorer while logged into Target.com and click the greyed out button if you want to score.
I have it already set up on IE..will see what happens..Im not budging til after 8:18PM

I also received the email. I was very complimentary about the staff but told them I was not happy that I arrived early, waited a couple of hours and was unable to order what I planned to. They could have at least gave us a coupon or something.

Don't forget guys. Jigglypuff recycles have gone up each of the last two nights, and many nights in the past, at exactly 10:18 CST / 11:18 EST / 8:18 PST for less than one minute. Be at your PC and F5 constantly on Internet Explorer while logged into Target.com and click the greyed out button if you want to score.
why do you supppose they keep getting in stock?

why do you supppose they keep getting in stock?
Probably credit card authorization failures for existing orders, and possibly cancellations of people who made multiple orders. But perhaps they just release a few each day like Walmart did with Gold Mario and when they're gone they're gone. Maybe it's simply an oversight, a bug in the system. But they have gone up at the same time every time.

Nope, no Jigglypuff recyles tonight.  My page monitor went off during 10:18pm though.  He has been available to add at this time many different nights so don't give up if you still need him.  I noticed many different days on Reddit that people posted some time between 10:20 and 10:40pm they were able to score a Jigglypuff.  I think I maybe missed him on six different nights before I was able to get the exact time down.

Just noticed I apparently managed to get Jiggly into my cart at some point, so she's in my saved items list. I guess it would be easier to just spam click add to cart than trying to go through the main page

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back