Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't tell you how happy I am that I ordered Wave 4 from Amazon.co.jp long ago. It includes Ness and will be released next week. Stress free and the cost is comparable to getting it from a US store.

Of course I also got in on the TRU Greninja pre-orders, Jigglypuff at Target, and a couple extra Robin and Lucina amiibo for "trades".

nintendo direct tomorrow at 11 am will find out soon. hope silver mario did not go live at noon and die in 10 minutes.

I can't tell you how happy I am that I ordered Wave 4 from Amazon.co.jp long ago. It includes Ness and will be released next week. Stress free and the cost is comparable to getting it from a US store.

Of course I also got in on the TRU Greninja pre-orders, Jigglypuff at Target, and a couple extra Robin and Lucina amiibo for "trades".
Wish I could have. Too many loopholes having to go through to order from most of those foreign retailers.

I'd probably have just ordered from one of the others ones and said screw the up charge to not have to deal with the hassle. But I always missed the windows

I'm still completely baffled by this wave... I knew it was going to be bad but these things sold out crazy fast, even when they listed them in the early hours of the morning.
Why? Resellers are scooping them all up. Not surprising when there is a dollar to be made.

The "traders" are also making it worse because they are ordering multiples. In fact, it's not too often you see someone post that they bought 1. And they are doing this at every store.

People staying up all night F5ing websites. Page monitors are making it easy for the flippers. I can just imagine how many pages some people on here are monitoring.

All the issues that happened with earlier waves is just escalating because more people see the fruits of this Amiibo nonsense.

It's only going to get worse. I suppose if Nintendo didn't release 8 figures at once, they could produce more. :)

That is focusing on Xenoblade, maybe they can sneak some amiibo news in? Maybe an xenoblade series?
the only amiibo news will be to shift blame on retailers not paying them enough money, blaming the ports, or to annouce the pricey yet cheaply made amiibo cards, with them wanting to spit these out since they will make more money and are cheaper to produce, except for pleasing their japanese market, they wont make more for the rest of us

Regardless of the reasons, Amiibo have become a background affair for me. I don't bother checking for this shit every few minutes anymore (not like that actually helped me get any from this wave). 

The only reason I got into Amiibo was because it was collectible but also, fairly easy to track down. But when you're at a point when characters that should be common/easy to get (Charizard, Pac-Man, Jigglypuff) are damn near impossible to even see up for pre-order, it's pretty easy say it's not worth it. 

I just got Captain Toad for Wii U, and haven't jumped into any Amiibo collecting yet. Is it worth getting a Toad Amiibo for this game? From what I've found, "The Toad amiibo reveals a pixel Toad in each level for the player to find." Does that mean another objective for each level, or is it a just for fun thing, like the hidden Luigi's in Super Mario 3D World?

Lol!! Nope! Shulk was never available in store except for abandoned pre-orders. Better pray it pops online release day like Shull did briefly.
Shulk came back a few times for in store pre order. I wouldn't be surprised if GameStop did the same thing later on for ness.

I just got Captain Toad for Wii U, and haven't jumped into any Amiibo collecting yet. Is it worth getting a Toad Amiibo for this game? From what I've found, "The Toad amiibo reveals a pixel Toad in each level for the player to find." Does that mean another objective for each level, or is it a just for fun thing, like the hidden Luigi's in Super Mario 3D World?
Are you a completionist? I definitely am, so I knew I *had* to get the Toad amiibo for the game. (It puts a stamp on each level page when you find the pixel Toad in that level.)

It is an extra objective for each level. It's mostly pretty easy...just like the rest of Captain Toad. (Not that the game isn't awesome; it's just easy.)

Are you a completionist? I definitely am, so I knew I *had* to get the Toad amiibo for the game. (It puts a stamp on each level page when you find the pixel Toad in that level.)

It is an extra objective for each level. It's mostly pretty easy...just like the rest of Captain Toad. (Not that the game isn't awesome; it's just easy.)
You also get an adorable Toad figure!

Page monitors are making it easy for the flippers. I can just imagine how many pages some people on here are monitoring.
Honestly, page monitor has been more annoying than useful this wave. By the time you get the alert (if you in fact get one), they're already sold out. It's the bots you've gotta worry about. :/

Any order I've placed online has been canceled (a Pacman, a Splatoon 3 pack). The only amiibo I've managed to preorder successfully were GameStop in-store preorders. And I waited for 3 hours. I was simply lucky to be on Easter break and not working that night.

But it does tick me off that GS just arbitrarily hands out preorders to some of those who left scathing surveys. They shouldn't have lied about selling out completely and had a true online preorder opportunity, if only for those trying to preorder online at home during the server crash.

Honestly, page monitor has been more annoying than useful this wave. By the time you get the alert (if you in fact get one), they're already sold out. It's the bots you've gotta worry about. :/

Any order I've placed online has been canceled (a Pacman, a Splatoon 3 pack). The only amiibo I've managed to preorder successfully were GameStop in-store preorders. And I waited for 3 hours. I was simply lucky to be on Easter break and not working that night.

But it does tick me off that GS just arbitrarily hands out preorders to some of those who left scathing surveys. They shouldn't have lied about selling out completely and had a true online preorder opportunity, if only for those trying to preorder online at home during the server crash.
I don't like how GameStop is handling this either. I was there when preorders opened, but had to leave because the system was down and I was on lunch. I was there after work, but Ness "sold out" as I was checking out. And I can't even leave a survey for them because I didn't successfully purchase anything.

For those who got on board with the last round of instore preorder for Shulk (with the ship date of may 1st), did anyone hear any updated news on this? Hopefully it actually does ship on that date.

For those who got on board with the last round of instore preorder for Shulk (with the ship date of may 1st), did anyone hear any updated news on this? Hopefully it actually does ship on that date.
Not yet. Only news we have is that it's "suppose" to come on the first. Gamestop has been good with dates though so it should actually be here around that time.

Not that TRU has anything to do this mess but don't hold your breath when ordering a hot item like these things with them whether it's a preorder or something big like these that are bough up within seconds of being posted as in stock. It wasn't an amiibo but I ordered something was on sale and generally not hot but it was getting harder to find online so whenever it came in it would sell out within an hour. Said it was in stock, bought it, got an order confirmation email then didn't hear anything for over a week then I get a cancellation email. I've had TRU cancel things before but normally within the same day I ordered or couple days latest...so yeah in case TRU gets involved in this ordering madness definitely don't get your hopes up just because you nab an order and don't get a cancellation email instantly or a day later.

Looks like everyone got that email for the Ness Amiibo UK.

When I checked the Shipping date for both Amiibo they're still going out on the 27th.

I'm not sure if this means I'm getting mine or not.

It is another objective, yes. You have to explore the level and get creative with spinning your camera around or uncovering areas to reveal the pixel toad.

Is the "DLC" worth $12.99 on it's own? No. As Rig pointed out it may bug completionists but aside from the satisfaction of completing a game 110% that actual value of the new objective feels reminiscent of a $1.99 or $2.99 DLC.

But Keen314 brings up a great point! You would have an adorable Toad amiibo and you can even borrow it out for people to use (as I have done). You can also use Toad in other games like Mario Party 10 and with lesser functions in Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, etc. Being a Captain Toad fan I was through the roof for an excuse to play the game again, added to being able to display the figure was an easy sell for me.

We have NA amiibo versions.  NA stands for North American.  The figures in the US that have retailer exclusivity don't have that exclusivity outside of the United States. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back