Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
just got my email from tenso, heres hoping everything arrives here ok, also was suprised how fair their fees were though i think they make it up on the shipping cost ( a little high)

Just paid Tenso, my package will ship Saturday via EMS which should take 2-4 days. All told it cost 7,821 Japanese Yen with comes out to roughly $65.82, or ~$16 per amiibo (I skipped Pac-Man and Wario for now). Not bad at all considering it includes the peace of mind of securing Wave 4 early.

I'm waiting till it's $25... or maybe I won't get it at all... I don't have any friends near me that would want to play that game with me. Playing by myself would probably be pretty boring. They REALLY need to add online at this point.
I've heard it's not very good. This is why I never pre-order a game, unless it will likely be in short supply.

Just paid Tenso, my package will ship Saturday via EMS which should take 2-4 days. All told it cost 7,821 Japanese Yen with comes out to roughly $65.82, or ~$16 per amiibo (I skipped Pac-Man and Wario for now). Not bad at all considering it includes the peace of mind of securing Wave 4 early.
That's not bad at all! Wow, especially with 2-4 day shipping. Well done.

I received a "cute little guy" in the mail today according to my wife.  Ness made it from Amazon.co.uk already.  Still waiting on Robin and Lucina from Amazon.de.

Still waiting on my email, but amazon delivered my package to them yesterday. It's like 3:45am in Japan now so I'm hoping I get my email today so it will ship May 2nd. I bought 5 figures so I'm really curious to see how much it comes out to all together. Lets also not forget that those figures were on amazon.jp for like 4 hours. If the price works out it might be the best option for people who open their amiibos.

Had an interesting conversation with someone the other day and had an epiphany -- for all those people are are "in box" collectors but decided to rip open all your boxes, why not just sell the boxed collection on ebay and re-buy an open-box collection and keep the difference as profits??  Wouldn't that make more sense as a CAG, than just throwing away all the "hunting capital" that you earned? 

Had contemplated opening all of mine, but thinking that I'll be better off doing that if/when it comes to it.

Had an interesting conversation with someone the other day and had an epiphany -- for all those people are are "in box" collectors but decided to rip open all your boxes, why not just sell the boxed collection on ebay and re-buy an open-box collection and keep the difference as profits?? Wouldn't that make more sense as a CAG, than just throwing away all the "hunting capital" that you earned?

Had contemplated opening all of mine, but thinking that I'll be better off doing that if/when it comes to it.
Isn't that being a scalper? Buying like a scalper, then selling like a scalper and then buying from a scalper ( Whoa, this can be song lyrics)

Isn't that being a scalper? Buying like a scalper, then selling like a scalper and then buying from a scalper ( Whoa, this can be song lyrics)
They're his property, he can do what he wants with them. People need to get over that fact that <gasp!> some people resell extra amiibo they buy.

I guess it depends on who is defining it. In my book I wouldn't consider it "scalping" because in this instance they weren't purchased with the sheer intent to mark-up and then immediately place for resale to "actual fans", but its merely a collector who spent time and energy to get a set (for their own use) of good condition boxes and such (and keep them that way) who decides he/she wants to open them but realizes that the current market value for what they own would make it better off selling it (to someone else who wants to keep them sealed) and re-buying opened ones (which have a lesser market value). Motives have to count for something :)

I guess the line could be blurry, particularly since its been so recent since these have been launched, but its pretty much the norm in the realm of video games merchandising. Any number of vg items go this way (Nall plushies that were a few bucks years ago selling for $900 now, Star Fox grab-machine plush sets going for $1k+) Its just a matter of how long you hold on to them I guess.

But anyway, wasn't trying to advise any "scalpers" here, just advising some CAGs who have been saying lately that they are going to open theirs. There might be a better way to deal with your $'s and to help someone else out there who has $ and wants to buy a complete set. But I haven't really searched for "opened complete sets" so not sure what the price difference is anyway.

Just thought it was a slightly out-of-the-box way to "open your amiibo" (pun intended) :)

Edit: PS, my apologies for the horrible first paragraph that is a giant run-on sentence. <runs away from grammar nazis>

Oh, months ago. I knew he existed, I just didn't know he was something we had to be hunting for.
Nothing to look for now, what has happened is that Toys R Us go the Sku for it and Best Buy received a "mystery" sku. Supposed release date of the Silver Mario Amiibo for Toys R Us is 05/29, as of yet none of this has been officially announced. One person got lucky and got a legit one when it popped up on an chinese auction site known for prototypes and early releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5esCDt8oEM

I think scalping assumes intent. If I bought a home 10 years ago and sold it for twice the value, people wouldn't consider that to be flipping. I merely gained a profit through the normal process of home buying and selling.

Nah, man Poliwrath's good. Modest, water absorb, Max S.Attack&Speed, Lifeorb, Hydropump, Vacuum Wave, Focus Blast and Ice Beam (OG hipster set). Or you can run the generic Adamant or Careful set with bulk-up :p
Poliwrath won me a tournament once with substitute, focus punch, belly drum, and waterfall :p

I may have to do that on wave 5.
They weren't up for very long on Amazon Japan and no one here bothered to mention when they went up. I was somewhat keeping my eye on the site and still managed to miss them. Not sure getting Wave 5 from there will be any easier than getting it from Amazon.de or even a US site for that matter.

They weren't up for very long on Amazon Japan and no one here bothered to mention when they went up. I was somewhat keeping my eye on the site and still managed to miss them. Not sure getting Wave 5 from there will be any easier than getting it from Amazon.de or even a US site for that matter.
Wave 5 wasnt up for long or wave 4?

Is there still no Waluigi Amiibo? What the heck are you doing, Nintendo?

Also wasn't there supposed to be some bundle of that dumbass Yoshi game with the yarn amiibo included? Cause that seems like it would be an alright deal with GCU. Did it already sell out or has it not shown up for preorder yet?

Is there still no Waluigi Amiibo? What the heck are you doing, Nintendo?

Also wasn't there supposed to be some bundle of that dumbass Yoshi game with the yarn amiibo included? Cause that seems like it would be an alright deal with GCU. Did it already sell out or has it not shown up for preorder yet?
Seeing as Waluigi isn't in Smash Bros we'd have to wait for an announcement of Super Mario series version.

An amiibo bundle for Yoshi Wooly World hasn't been announced for the U.S. yet.

Seeing as Waluigi isn't in Smash Bros we'd have to wait for an announcement of Super Mario series version.

An amiibo bundle for Yoshi Wooly World hasn't been announced for the U.S. yet.
he's an assist trophy which is Nintendo's stupid excuse for not making him a playable character as DLC or something. And the Smash Bros Amiibos are based on the trophies, soooooo get on it Nimtendo.

And okay, I thought they had announced it, like that Mario Party 10 one. Good to know.

They were posted on this topic when they went live.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342340-amiibo-deals-and-discussion-thread/?p=12524425

They were up for several hours. Granted, that's not a lot of time, but not the usual 15 min or less window they have been for other retailers.

I just got an email from Tenso and chose the cheapest shipping. After paying amazon and tenso my total cost for 5 amiibo figures was $69.12 ($13.82 per figure). It would have been about $8 more if I chose 2-4 day shipping, but I'm okay waiting for two weeks since I'm in no rush. I'm very happy with that price considering amazon.uk/fr/de are $20+ per figure. Of course, I still need to get the figures.

If anyone is even thinking about getting the next wave from amazon.jp and hasn't signed up for Tenso yet, I would suggest checking out the guide here and doing it now so you are not fumbling with it after they go up.

he's an assist trophy which is Nintendo's stupid excuse for not making him a playable character as DLC or something. And the Smash Bros Amiibos are based on the trophies, soooooo get on it Nimtendo.

And okay, I thought they had announced it, like that Mario Party 10 one. Good to know.
There is so much incorrect here I don't know were to start.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/342340-amiibo-deals-and-discussion-thread/?p=12524425

They were up for several hours. Granted, that's not a lot of time, but not the usual 15 min or less window they have been for other retailers.

I just got an email from Tenso and chose the cheapest shipping. After paying amazon and tenso my total cost for 5 amiibo figures was $69.12 ($13.82 per figure). It would have been about $8 more if I chose 2-4 day shipping, but I'm okay waiting for two weeks since I'm in no rush. I'm very happy with that price considering amazon.uk/fr/de are $20+ per figure. Of course, I still need to get the figures.

If anyone is even thinking about getting the next wave from amazon.jp and hasn't signed up for Tenso yet, I would suggest checking out the guide here and doing it now so you are not fumbling with it after they go up.
Ah, I got myself confused with another site then. I remember one of the international sites went totally unposted and when I asked about it I got some snarky comments along the lines of "Who cares about international preorders?"

I feel this strange resignation in regards to the recent amiibos. I haven't managed to get greninja or jigglypuff, and it is looking very unlikely that I will. And silver mario, coming out of left field, is probably just as impossible.

And instead of being upset, I just feel...tired.

I wonder if this means I'm done with amiibos.

I feel this strange resignation in regards to the recent amiibos. I haven't managed to get greninja or jigglypuff, and it is looking very unlikely that I will. And silver mario, coming out of left field, is probably just as impossible.

And instead of being upset, I just feel...tired.

I wonder if this means I'm done with amiibos.
I feel about the same. All ive managed to get it pac man and wario so far. the 29th i dont get off work till 9am and its OT so id rather not miss it over amiibos.

What was the exact weight of the package and how much were you charged for the shipping in yen? I'm assuming you picked registered SAL?

I'm wondering why yours is so cheap when others are coming out to about $16/Amiibos under the same conditions.

So random update... My manager is in Taiwan for work this week and we made home take a two hour train trip to Taipei. Only one store, not sure which one, had wave 4 in stock. Robin and Lucina were sold out instantly and all that were left was Wario, three Charizard's and two Ness amiibo. He was able to pick up a Charizard, Wario and the last two Ness's they had. Obviously one Ness for himself and the other for me. I'm just hyped up that I'll finally have a Ness in my possession. Just had to have my manager travel to Taiwan to get it smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back