Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The electronics sore across the street from my apartment just received the Villager, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac reprints today. It's awfully tempting to pick up some extras for trading later...
Dang wish the U.S. Would get reprints haha been trying to get a little Mac but can't bring myself to spend $40 on it

These issues with PayPal...do they only apply to those using PayPal directly? I use my PayPal debit card for most things and wonder if these issues come up as well.

Hey guys, I got out of the Amiibo game for my own sanity and wallet. The only one I had still coming in was Shulk that I ordered online in February. I figured I'd keep it to trade on here, instead of canceling it. But wasn't this supposed to come out right around now? I thought it was 5/1 it was supposed to come out.

Hey guys, I got out of the Amiibo game for my own sanity and wallet. The only one I had still coming in was Shulk that I ordered online in February. I figured I'd keep it to trade on here, instead of canceling it. But wasn't this supposed to come out right around now? I thought it was 5/1 it was supposed to come out.
No, reports say that it was delayed and now it has a "spring/summer" release date instead of the initial may release. A lot of people called GS customer service and that was the answer that was given.

Clear Comparison: Eyes, Nose, Mouth (Size and Position)

CEDrSTRUUAAMWk-.png

Source: See watermark.

Clear Comparison: Eyes, Nose, Mouth (Size and Position)

CEDrSTRUUAAMWk-.png

Source: See watermark.
The one on the right is the reprint, correct? I never liked the looks of Villager, but (if it is the one on the right) the reprint version is more appealing to me. Sadly, there's little chance I'd be able to score even the reprint due to the hype lol. I did place a Yesasia order, but I figure cancellation is imminent.

Thanks guys. I think I'll probably just cancel it now instead of playing the waiting game for it
I have one of these ordered as well and was wondering if anyone knows if we we're charged for these or do they wait until they ship? I don't feel like going back 3 months ago to see if I was charged.

Ive decide to collect amiibos but not go nuts and overpay crazy amounts. I dont mind paying a tad extra over msrp but i aint paying 50 for ness etc.

The one on the right is the reprint, correct? I never liked the looks of Villager, but (if it is the one on the right) the reprint version is more appealing to me. Sadly, there's little chance I'd be able to score even the reprint due to the hype lol. I did place a Yesasia order, but I figure cancellation is imminent.
I hope you're right, but I feel like the one on the right is the original.

So I just came up with this interesting idea of placing a print of the floor of a couple Smash Bros stages I love onto the shelves of my display case... so I went into Photoshop and came up with this. Not sure what to do with the middle shelf yet. If I was collecting the Super Mario series, I'd place a design of a Mario Party board. I also thought about placing on the walls the backgrounds of the stages. Wanted to see what you guys think...

Kln1EhP.jpg

So I just came up with this interesting idea of placing a print of the floor of a couple Smash Bros stages I love onto the shelves of my display case... so I went into Photoshop and came up with this. Not sure what to do with the middle shelf yet. If I was collecting the Super Mario series, I'd place a design of a Mario Party board. I also thought about placing on the walls the backgrounds of the stages. Wanted to see what you guys think...

Kln1EhP.jpg
Looks really good. Not sure if the walls done too would look any better though, might be too much. Maybe just simple parts of the stage on the wall without the whole scene.

Kln1EhP.jpg
Do you really need to keep it under lock and key?

Doesnt look locked to me.
You don't see the key in the lock at the bottom right portion of the photograph? The fact that he has the key in the lock might lead some individuals to think that he keeps the case locked in order to deter thieves who enter his home from obtaining his Amiibo collection. Since he posted the pic with updated mats underneath his items, it's a strong possibility that he forgot to lock the case and remove his key from the case before snapping that photo. Jesus Christ... Do I really have to spell it out for you in such detail?

You don't see the key in the lock at the bottom right portion of the photograph? The fact that he has the key in the lock might lead some individuals to think that he keeps the case locked in order to deter thieves who enter his home from obtaining his Amiibo collection. Since he posted the pic with updated mats underneath his items, it's a strong possibility that he forgot to lock the case and remove his key from the case before snapping that photo. Jesus Christ... Do I really have to spell it out for you in such detail?
You are a very strange person, lol. You go into such detail about things that no one really cares about but you lol.

I would assume that, with the key still in the lock, that he leaves it like that and leaves the key there simply so he doesn't misplace it. If anything the photo gives the impression that it is infrequently locked.

Shiek, Toon Link, and Sonic on sale at Fry's. You need a promo code though that they email out.

In-Store Only.
[attachment=14202:Screenshot_2015-05-04-08-07-04~2.jpg]

Did anyone have their 5/1 Shulks ship yet?

No updates at all. I don't we're going to get any updates until it actually arrives (for in store orders).
It will not be coming till the end of June now according to GS customer service. In stores are instructed to tell customers this also. That can possibly be delayed further also due the new wave of port strikes that is going on.

It will not be coming till the end of June now according to GS customer service. In stores are instructed to tell customers this also. That can possibly be delayed further also due the new wave of port strikes that is going on.
lol the new waves of port strikes ended like 3 days ago and only lasted 4 days lol

So it looks like Nintendo made some changes to the reprint... I never realized how funny the original Marth looked. 

http://imgur.com/a/VrbWq

Glad I kept my original. It's just too funny to let go. But the new one looks great... unlike the reprint Villager

All images courtesy of Reddit. 

So it looks like Nintendo made some changes to the reprint... I never realized how funny the original Marth looked.

http://imgur.com/a/VrbWq

Glad I kept my original. It's just too funny to let go. But the new one looks great... unlike the reprint Villager.

All images courtesy of Reddit.
Reprint Villager looks way better than the original IMO. I never liked the size of the eyes of the original, bugged me since the day I got mine. The reprint looks more like what Villager actually looks like.

All you who were keeping your collections for a massive investment, better reconsider -- NOA may be tanking the resell value of these if they are serious about changing stock levels. Hopefully this means I can finally get my Villager for under $100 :)

Here's the announcement just made by NOA:

Nintendo
We appreciate the enthusiasm that our fans continue to show toward amiibo. Sales for the product have exceeded our expectations. We understand how frustrating it can be at times if consumers are unable to find certain figures, and we apologize for that.
We’re trying to meet the demands of our fans and consumers by increasing the amount of amiibo we manufacture and ship to retail. We may continue to see consumer demand outpace supply levels for certain characters at times, but we will do our best to prevent that from happening.

As our library of amiibo continues to grow, some figures will be easier to find than others. We are constantly looking for the opportunity to reissue amiibo and are already making plans to bring back some currently out-of-stock amiibo figures. Stay tuned for details.

Nintendo plans to make it easier for consumers to know when new amiibo are on the way, through Nintendo press announcements, timely updates on our social media channels and working closely with retailers.

We remain committed to keeping amiibo affordable and easy to access as a platform to enhance game-play experiences. These plans include Animal Crossing amiibo cards that will become available by the end of 2015, and a free-to-download app for Wii U called amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits that launched on April 30, 2015, that lets consumers enjoy playable scenes from certain NES and Super NES games with amiibo.

All you who were keeping your collections for a massive investment, better reconsider -- NOA may be tanking the resell value of these if they are serious about changing stock levels. Hopefully this means I can finally get my Villager for under $100 :)

Or if they change the way they look slightly they will become more valuable.

What Nintendo says and what Nintendo does are, very often, two entirely different things. And that goes double for NoA.

Why make any changes now when you can issue a "So sorry, please understand" statement later?

Last edited:
What Nintendo says and what Nintendo does are, very often, two entirely different things. And that goes double for NoA.

Why make any changes now when you can issue a "So sorry, please understand" statement later?
Doesn't matter to me. If the value goes down I'll actually open mine and get to use them.

Doesn't matter to me. If the value goes down I'll actually open mine and get to use them.

Reprint Villager looks way better than the original IMO. I never liked the size of the eyes of the original, bugged me since the day I got mine. The reprint looks more like what Villager actually looks like.
Looking at the side by size comparison, you're right. Reprint does look more accurate.

This statement says a whole of nothing, outside of what everyone already knew/expected (that reprints are coming). What I'd like to know is a rough timeline and how exclusive figures will be handled.

Regardless, I'm sure NoA will find a way to screw it up somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back