Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure Nintendo's website and servers would have the necessary power to handle that many pre-orders. You all saw what happened when they announced that Club Nintendo was going away. Then again when they announced the Gold and Plat rewards for this year.

If they were to make an announcement that they were directly taking preorders, they would probably think that they were under a DDOS attack they'd be hit so hard.
The good way to beat that would be having preorders open for more than one day - a week.

That's why i think around 2 weeks is a good amount of time to have them open,everyone who wants one will be able to get an order in.

Also thinking about it they could also limit orders to 2 per character , per shipping/billing address. (yes theres ways around this, but it would severely limit the scalping.)

This would deter scalpers from flooding the site trying to get as many orders in as possible under different accounts.

Honestly, i just think nintendo isnt trying, whether on purpose or just because they're cheap is up for debate.

If they really wanted to get the amiibos out there to all those who truly wanted them, theres ways to do it.

It's a shame nintendo doesn't just do preorders, then when they're all done, go make that production order amount.

Of course, if they did that, they wouldn't be rare anymore and demand would drop..

Awesome! Just booked my flight to NYC for May 28 since it's cheaper than Amiibos on eBay. Also saving money since I'm sleeping on the street in front of the Nintendo World Store instead of in a hotel.
You should just ride your bike all the way to NYC and create the ultimate bicycle tale of riding state by state reaching NYC and eventually cutting everyone in line who waited all night as the doors to the store open up and you just cycle your way inside to grab the Amiibos.

Due to line alert, just got a Marth from Amazon! Keep an eye out, it keeps popping in and out of stock

THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR EVERYONE ELSE!

I saw it from the beginning but was never able to add to cart. its almost as if Amazon just put a few up at a time. This kind of nonsense is exactly what I expected the Marth restock to be like. What's the point Nintendo.

Just got a Marth from Amazon US, after fighting through flaky 1-Click and all...I'll take it!

EDIT: And they charged me for 2-day shipping even though I have Prime, so I changed the shipping speed to 1-day, then 5-day so I can get free shipping + $1 credit.

Just had a dream that I went to Target on 5/29 and they gave me a World of Nintendo Diddy Kong toy rather than Jigglypuff amiibo and I woke up in a panic.

Amiibo shortage nightmares are real.

Did anyone get an email from YesAsia saying they couldn't verify payment? They are asking me to send a picture of the front/back of my credit card or send them a copy of my statement. 

Don't really feel comfortable doing that. I've had authorization issues before but usually, they just ask me to contact my CC company and then try again. 

Did anyone get an email from YesAsia saying they couldn't verify payment? They are asking me to send a picture of the front/back of my credit card.

Don't really feel comfortable doing that...
That sounds by unsafe. Do you have PayPal?

Also, I'm on LINE, anyway to get in on the alert?

Did anyone get an email from YesAsia saying they couldn't verify payment? They are asking me to send a picture of the front/back of my credit card.

Don't really feel comfortable doing that...
Sounds shady. Also, do not send a copy of your credit card through unencrypted email as it's not safe.

At this point I would just tell them to cancel the order. Amiibos are not worth credit card fraud/identity theft.

Did anyone get an email from YesAsia saying they couldn't verify payment? They are asking me to send a picture of the front/back of my credit card or send them a copy of my statement.

Don't really feel comfortable doing that. I've had authorization issues before but usually, they just ask me to contact my CC company and then try again.
they did that to me when I ordered Ness and a couple others like a month+ ago, so i just let the order die.. I wasn't going to do that, either...

Ok, this is definitely sketchy... 

I had 3 orders with YesAsia. One for Ness and one for Villager, from back when they initially put these up, and then the recent one for a Ness + Lucina. The recent one's pre-authorization charge is still visible on my credit card. No notices of fraudelent charges or anything from my CC company either. 

I get that many people have received their orders just fine, but I don't understand why I'd need to do this... especially since the pre-authorization went through fine. 

That sounds by unsafe. Do you have PayPal?

Also, I'm on LINE, anyway to get in on the alert?
I have ordered CDs and crap from Yesasia several times over the years. If it's the site itself you're questioning, I can say they are safe, there's nothing to worry about.

I have ordered CDs and crap from Yesasia several times over the years. If it's the site itself you're questioning, I can say they are safe, there's nothing to worry about.
I don't question the trust-worthiness of the site... but sending copies of your CC or bank statement via email is simply not a good idea.

I reached out to them asking if I can just pay via PP but no response yet. Is the CS for their US operation located here? Or over in... wherever the main offices are?

I don't question the trust-worthiness of the site... but sending copies of your CC or bank statement via email is simply not a good idea.

I reached out to them asking if I can just pay via PP but no response yet. Is the CS for their US operation located here? Or over in... wherever the main offices are?
I have ordered a few stuff from yes asia before. No problem for me. I'm not sure why they would ask you for your bank statement. They are located in Hong Kong

Got a damaged package pikachu at meijer for $8.44 yay! other than that the thread is dead cause amiibo in america is in a lull right now, nothing new has shown up in over a month

Did anyone hear any news about the IKE and King DEDEDE gamestop in-store pre-orders?  I'm still waiting on them from pre-orders made before the 12/29 cutoff.  Supposedly they are coming late spring, hopefully before the next wave lol.

Well I thought I was safe on having to pickup Splatoon, but I guess the marketing push has hit Disney XD and Cartoon Network, so now both my kids want it. "It will be hard" "Its online only" "there is no story levels" They don't care, just want it.

What really sucks is I can come home with the game no problem, but didn't pre-order the amiibos, now I've got to tell them we won't have them. Really dumb for Nintendo not to overstock on the Splatoon line of amiibo if they want the game to sell well. Maybe there will definitely be a round two for them within a month.

Did anyone hear any news about the IKE and King DEDEDE gamestop in-store pre-orders? I'm still waiting on them from pre-orders made before the 12/29 cutoff. Supposedly they are coming late spring, hopefully before the next wave lol.
they had release dates for those both updated on the website not long ago for a July & August release

Well I thought I was safe on having to pickup Splatoon, but I guess the marketing push has hit Disney XD and Cartoon Network, so now both my kids want it. "It will be hard" "Its online only" "there is no story levels" They don't care, just want it.

What really sucks is I can come home with the game no problem, but didn't pre-order the amiibos, now I've got to tell them we won't have them. Really dumb for Nintendo not to overstock on the Splatoon line of amiibo if they want the game to sell well. Maybe there will definitely be a round two for them within a month.
Boy and girl available at Walmart. I think they have been available for a while. 3 pack also comes in stock pretty often.

Walmart has the Boy and Girl Inkling up for pr-order right now. The three pack is OOS http://www.walmart.com/ip/Inkling-Boy-Splatoon-Series-Amiibo-Nintendo-WiiU-or-Nintendo-3DS/44606829 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Inkling-Girl-Splatoon-Series-Amiibo-Nintendo-WiiU-or-Nintendo-3DS/44606830

I get the feeling the Splatoon ones are gonna be common, like the SM series... mainly because they're the only ones I've actually been able to pre-order. 

Glad to see other people are getting their import amiibos. I actually chose to buy those rather than even bother preordering here. They arrived last Monday, and while I paid a little more, it was worth not having to worry and waste energy, gas, and time.

Is this thread dying? It used to be on the front page everyday.
Most folks have given up, I would imagine. Every wave gets harder and harder to get, and most people don't have the free time to camp in front of their computers all day for that 45-second window where you can pre-order the Amiibo you want.

Most folks have given up, I would imagine. Every wave gets harder and harder to get, and most people don't have the free time to camp in front of their computers all day for that 45-second window where you can pre-order the Amiibo you want.
Nothing to post about atm. Just waiting on preorders or the release to come.

I managed to get everyone except Jigglypuff preordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back