Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Most folks have given up, I would imagine. Every wave gets harder and harder to get, and most people don't have the free time to camp in front of their computers all day for that 45-second window where you can pre-order the Amiibo you want.
Yeah the pre-order situation is horrible now. Even the Nintendo World store does not even sell store exclusives for the coming wave. The store exclusive amiibo policy now actually exclusive.

At Nintendo World, when I tried to pre-order the store exclusives. I wonder if they will be available on release date or later at Nintendo world and it was just not available for pre-order for those.
Likely just couldn't pre order. No one knew they would get the other exclusives till they showed up one day

Wut? I live in Indiana

Also looking at the stock numbers Target employees are posting is kinda reassuring. Hoping my store gets as many Jigglys as Rosalina. Seems like stores are only getting 4 Robins/Lucina max
If you put all that Amiibo hunting effort into the gym you would be so ripped right now. Think about it bro

Also looking at the stock numbers Target employees are posting is kinda reassuring. Hoping my store gets as many Jigglys as Rosalina. Seems like stores are only getting 4 Robins/Lucina max
I'm hoping Robin and Lucina end up just like Shiek and Toon Link. I remember the morning target got those they only had 4 Shiek, then eventually I saw them in every store I walked into

Going by Marth and Ike, Robin and Lucina wont be easy to fine.

Esp since Awakening has a lot more fans then older FE and everyone wants a Lucina.
Not to mention the hype behind Amiibo are much bigger now, and everyone wants in on the flipping action.

Additionally, Nintendo's (especially NoA's) support for the reprints seems insufficient, at best. Prices for Marth seem to be going back up. Or maybe that's because people prefer Merth over Marth.

Going by Marth and Ike, Robin and Lucina wont be easy to fine.

Esp since Awakening has a lot more fans then older FE and everyone wants a Lucina.
I'll be so happy once I get my extra Ike,Robin and Lucina. Looks like it will be my only way to get Greninja, and Ness.

eh, honestly after seeing that NA/CA gets 66% of the amiibo stock cant really complain to much. Guess its just bad all over.
*I'm probably looking into this too deep but since I'm waiting for my dinner to cook and to keep my mind off of food...*

Getting 66% of all Amiibo doesn't really say much. We don't know how it was distributed. I mean, of that 66%, it could be 90% of the common characters (the Marios, Zeldas, etc.) and the other 10% being the hard to find stuff, while Japan may have only gotten 11% but received a more even distribution across all characters. I would wager that's the case.

The distribution numbers were probably released just to appease consumer outrage due to the difficulty in finding the figures... which appears to the worst in NA.

*2 more minutes...*

Well I thought I was safe on having to pickup Splatoon, but I guess the marketing push has hit Disney XD and Cartoon Network, so now both my kids want it. "It will be hard" "Its online only" "there is no story levels" They don't care, just want it.
Can't say anything about the difficulty, although having played the online test over the weekend the game is pretty easy to get into. However, it's not online only, there is an offline single player component to the game so they'll be able to play it just fine without ever having to touch any of the online components the game offers.

Guys, real question here, from a guy who hardly follows the amiibo restocks/trends.

I remember someone saying there'd be an amiibo restock in japan on may, which apparently already happened -- how exactly would I go about trying to get one of these?

Play-Asia and nippon-yasan are terrible ideas, at least. I don't plan on paying 30+ dollars for a single amiibo.

Thanks in advance.

Guys, real question here, from a guy who hardly follows the amiibo restocks/trends.

I remember someone saying there'd be an amiibo restock in japan on may, which apparently already happened -- how exactly would I go about trying to get one of these?

Play-Asia and nippon-yasan are terrible ideas, at least. I don't plan on paying 30+ dollars for a single amiibo.

Thanks in advance.
Hop on Amazon nice and cheap there

My YesAsia order for Little Mac, Villager, and WFT are still in preorder status. I read that a few people have had their orders ship. I ordered on March 18th. Anyone order later than that and have their order ship?

Most folks have given up, I would imagine. Every wave gets harder and harder to get, and most people don't have the free time to camp in front of their computers all day for that 45-second window where you can pre-order the Amiibo you want.
I'll have every USA amiibo ever released in mint condition come May 29th. I'll sell the whole lot, make $$$ and the best part about it all is that I used dupes to fund this collection. Not a dime of my own money. Nintendo's foolishness has resulted in extra $ in my pocket. It really is a cool story of mine bro. Thanks nintendo! I'll add this to my list to follow my recent $1000 sale on a ps4 that contained the playable teaser for the canceled silent hills game. Fools will buy anything.

I'll have every USA amiibo ever released in mint condition come May 29th. I'll sell the whole lot, make $$$ and the best part about it all is that I used dupes to fund this collection. Not a dime of my own money. Nintendo's foolishness has resulted in extra $ in my pocket. It really is a cool story of mine bro. Thanks nintendo! I'll add this to my list to follow my recent $1000 sale on a ps4 that contained the playable teaser for the canceled silent hills game. Fools will buy anything.
Could you send some of that dough to my paypal? Thanks.

Could you send some of that dough to my paypal? Thanks.
I only donate to people that are social rejects that grow long neck beards and are scared of their own shadow. The types that can't leave the house to venture into a TRU, game stop, or BB and don't know how to pre-order anything because they are too lazy and always miss the short bus. Based on your previous posts, I'm afraid you are a competent individual that actually contributes to society in a positive manner and therefore you are exempt from donations. Apologies.

I only donate to people that are social rejects that grow long neck beards and are scared of their own shadow. The types that can't leave the house to venture into a TRU, game stop, or BB and don't know how to pre-order anything because they are too lazy and always miss the short bus. Based on your previous posts, I'm afraid you are a competent individual that actually contributes to society in a positive manner and therefore you are exempt from donations. Apologies.
Haha, this actually made me feel good about myself.

Marth came back up at Amazon.  Was gone as I was checking out.  Heard the Japanese reprints (re-run) of Marth are more uniform and more likely to have decent faces.  My NA has the "derp" face aka Merth as the community calls it -__-

Just scored a Marth from amazon.com.
nice. should arrive end of week as I read Amazon orders from last week already delivered for many. be sure to post if it's first print "Merth" or actual Marth

current have C4C running on the "saved for later" page after marth was removed from cart.

lol Nintendo is reprinting these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmTQsW1gNlA

This is why I gave up on them early on. Values will start dropping on the rarer ones now. I still won't start collecting them. To me they are useless toys.

Now its time to hear "but mines a 1st edition"

This is why I gave up on them early on. Values will start dropping on the rarer ones now. I still won't start collecting them. To me they are useless toys.
Reprints are great news for people that enjoy amiibos. Collectors are glad that people that are only in it for the $$$ aren't buying them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmTQsW1gNlA

Now its time to hear "but mines a 1st edition"
Good, amiibos are not for people like you.

Who gets screwed here are the people who deserve. Scalpers will get stuck with a abundant stock and the people who supported buying from scalpers get stuck with overpriced amiibo's that are now being reprinted.

which is tons of you on here running to ebay to pay over $50 bucks for a Marth.  Now they can say they got a first edition at least.

To me this is retribution to those supporting the negative aspects of collecting. Was also mentioned by many that this could occur.

I owned two amiibo's a diddy kong and captian falcon. I returned both back to the store.

and captain falcon was $9 bucks after buying it with a $5 off gamestop coupon. I still returned falcon in a time when he was already rare and probably selling for $40

I was not ready to start a pokemon card, beanie baby, trading card fad again. I made a little money with the other fads and then when the hype train died I had a bunch of stuff no one wanted any more including myself.

To the people that actually use these i have no gripes with. It's the vultures that are scavenging that caused the problem needed for nintendo to reprint. Nintendo realizes money is going into scalpers pockets that could be going into their bank account instead. I also don't have problems with collectibles going up in value or reselling etc but this is no different then the beanie baby pokemon fad all again.

you have people with no affiliation to video games or toys at all targeting the product for resale.

just wait until 5 months from now, when you've lomg since spent that money, and your buyer files a claim w PayPal that the item isnt as described, and then they don't return your PS4 or amiibos, and PayPal refunds their money.

don't think that happens? do a few google searches. and, yes, Paypal gives buyers 6 fucking months to dispute something. close both accounts after you sell them and don't look back lol

That reprint is old news and those figures were announced for Japan last week. Not sure if the US will get them at all or soon.

Even if the U.S. Gets a reprint on some characters I highly doubt they will make a lot. I'll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back