Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Happened to be next to GameStop this morning, opening in 10 minutes with ups unloading into the store hahhaha fingers crossed !! Gonna open this one : ~ )

Hardcore people will want the original. This reprint only makes the original rarer and is now going to shoot their prices higher.
Not necessarily true. Many people are just happy to have a full set and don't care about every minor variant. The fact that some people think the new version actually looks better probably will deflate prices of the original even quicker.

Not necessarily true. Many people are just happy to have a full set and don't care about every minor variant. The fact that some people think the new version actually looks better probably will deflate prices of the original even quicker.
Nope. Not the case with original collectors. Yes, at first some might sell for less but as time goes on, that will not be the case.

Besides, most people are just happy to get him regardless of what it looks like.

Only for geeks who care about such things. Unless the reprints are vastly inferior in some way, I'd be happy with just having the figures, regardless of rarity.
Exactly. I actually care about how the figures look. If I think they're ugly, it's a definite turn-off. That's what kept me from preordering the OG Villager. That reprint though--I'd have preorder him with the rest, no prob.

Further, the OG Marth is referred to as derp-face Marth/Merth. Nuff said.

Totally possible to have a hardcore collector that still dislikes the deformed (if original) prints. I have a Marth, but you know I'm chasing after that reprint. I really don't care about owning the original if I can get my reprint tbh.

I'm done with Marth. Amazon has found new ways to prevent me from getting one each time. Confirm my address, confirming my card (even while paying with gift card balance lol) saying they can't ship to my address (which they do several times a week lmao) oh well it's not meant to be. I'm going to open an amiibo charity. Anybody feel like donating? ;P
I've been particularly upset at Amazon as well -- at least 5 times the site or app has acted all weird, making me log in over and over or confirm address over and over even though 1-click is on. Can't fathom why it's doing this for Marth when its never done it this way ever before. Oh well, I've still got the original, I was just hoping to get a newer one so I can compare the two and keep whichever one looks better. Or open one for Codename Steam and not feel too bad about it

I'm comparing my new NA marth to my old EU original Marth and I'm not seeing any differences.  Even the back of the box says 2104, and the CISPA page is the same. Perhaps there is some minor difference in some of the lettering on the back of the box but nothing is jumping out at me.  The figures look nearly identical aside from minor factory production dissimilarities. 

Great, the week that I request off from work for finals we get the Marth reprint in....hopefully they don't check em in till tomorrow when I work :'(

They have some Marths in SoCal but none next to me, Long Beach, Pasadena, etc..so Im wondering, can I call the store and maybe they can ship it to me or is that not possible

That is better than lol. I must have read it wrong.

I still don't care. Hardcore Collectors will want the OG's, they will get the reprint too.
Apparently you can't even tell the difference between the two versions, so how will they? I know you're probably sad that your valuable "investment" is going to be impacted, but the reality is that this is new supply and if it continues, prices will tank which is good for the rest of us that just want to be able to buy them and own one of each.

Apparently you can't even tell the difference between the two versions, so how will they? I know you're probably sad that your valuable "investment" is going to be impacted, but the reality is that this is new supply and if it continues, prices will tank which is good for the rest of us that just want to be able to buy them and own one of each.
I think you can differentiate them by looking at the dates stamped on the back of the amiibo, the ones that say the week of manufacturing.

Most game stops around me haven't got their shipments in. Nearest one is 47 miles away, and there's no way I'm driving that far just so they can say it sold already.

I'm a collector and not an "investor" and you can tell the difference. Prices will tank but the original will still command a premium.

I had faith in nintendo and I preordered. I think my loyalty should be rewarded by having different unique figures. This appears to be the case so im happy.

Not so close Gamestops showed "Low Stock" earlier, but, they're quickly being removed from the list.  Looks like they are getting bought up quick.

Really hope the closest Gamestops to me get some stock in today or tomorrow.

Not so close Gamestops showed "Low Stock" earlier, but, they're quickly being removed from the list. Looks like they are getting bought up quick.

Same situation here. Fingers crossed is all we can do at this point.

Not so close Gamestops showed "Low Stock" earlier, but, they're quickly being removed from the list. Looks like they are getting bought up quick.

yea one close to me just showed in stock, called and was told they just just sold out. I have another gamestop and they told me their shipment hasn't come yet. Which is good i guess...

i don't see my gamestop on the list but that doesn't mean they haven't gotten them. I just got UPS orders at my house, so give or take 15-20 mins till they get to the mall probably. I'm gonna go check hopefully i get one.

Wow, that's a first. So, you like the tiny eyes and huge forehead on the Villager reprint, then?
I'm far from alone. You consider the reprint's eyes tiny? Okay. I appreciate that his eyes aren't so huge as to take up his entire face (similar issue with Merth).

I have never cared about owning Villager until the reprint. And I'm a completionist.

No need for those with the OG to be so threatened by a different opinion. We like what we like. If owning that version makes you feel special, good. That sentiment just does nothing for me personally.

Lots of people are convincing themselves that it looks better in order to be happy. Its why people stay in bad relationships and other things.
I'm a collector and not an "investor" and you can tell the difference. Prices will tank but the original will still command a premium.

I had faith in nintendo and I preordered. I think my loyalty should be rewarded by having different unique figures. This appears to be the case so im happy.
When both versions appear the same, and people can't tell the difference between 1.0 Marth and the reprints, and people Ebay their Marths as original 1.0 versions regardless of whether they are or not, then it doesn't really matter. They are all the same to buyers.

I'm still waiting for people to point out a definitive difference in the packaging. Because right now, hardly anyone here can tell the difference. People are actually citing various quality control issues as definitive differences between versions. Show me something on the box that says one version is older instead of people interpreting the face on a cheap plastic figure.

"The retarded looking one is original" isn't going to cut it. Plenty of people have higher QC originals.

I'm far from alone. You consider the reprint's eyes tiny? Okay. I appreciate that his eyes aren't so huge as to take up his entire face (similar issue with Merth).

I have never cared about owning Villager until the reprint. And I'm a completionist.

No need for those with the OG to be so threatened by a different opinion. We like what we like. If owning that version makes you feel special, good. That sentiment just does nothing for me personally.
Reprint definitely looks better, and is much more accurate to the actual in-game Villager than the OG.

When both versions appear the same, and people can't tell the difference between 1.0 Marth and the reprints, and people Ebay their Marths as original 1.0 versions regardless of whether they are or not, then it doesn't really matter. They are all the same to buyers.

I'm still waiting for people to point out a definitive difference in the packaging. Because right now, hardly anyone here can tell the difference. People are actually citing various quality control issues as definitive differences between versions. Show me something on the box that says one version is older instead of people interpreting the face on a cheap plastic figure.

"The retarded looking one is original" isn't going to cut it. Plenty of people have higher QC originals.
I guess you are going to have to keep waiting, if the new mold for the head and the altered code of the physical stamp into the back of the box isn't enough for you.

no luck, they where willing to hold two from another store but they didn't think the other store would actually do it. They said there coming Thursday or Friday.

So I called a store that has this reprint in order to get one for myself. She sad they were for preorders? WTF?

Yes, but if there is a way to tell, then would you agree to my point?

Got my Marth reprint. Packaging looks the same except for the stamp.

New face looks a lot better and very easy to tell them apart. I don't think collectors would think of them as same figure.

f130ec95-fbb5-4b80-b61c-f8765ac1bed8_zps5yykksgh.jpg

GameStop actually came through for me.  Picked up an Ike and a Marth no problem.  Seems that most of the Ike amiibos were for pre-orders taken months ago, and the stores in my area got one or two extra over their pre-order allotment.  It is always a great day to find amiibos you have been long searching for, especially two in the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back