Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
A few months ago you guys couldn't shut up about marth, he's out now and there is hardly any chatter.

Past few waves my store has had everything at midnight. Granted, they had like 2 of each non-common, but they had them.
lol... Is that Wal-Mart on its game? I know the Canyon Springs one isn't, that one is crap!!!!

Anyone know which retailers are likely to have the splatoon 3 pack available in store on the 29th?
Probably everyone, I don't see much interest in this, I have a strong feeling that the game is going to be a bust, Nintendo is just pushing it hard because it's literally all they've got right now.

lmao!!!! Look at this dumbass on eBay.

dumb ass gamestop employee

You would think he would want some sort of anonymity but showing the receipt with an employee discount attached too it?!?!?

lol... This guy really is a dumb shit, his name is on the receipt (Trevor Morgan) and the eBay iD coincides with that. If your located around Harrisonburg, VA give him shit!!!!! He even pictures the Battlefront lanyard that most GS employees are wearing right now.

You would think he would want some sort of anonymity but showing the receipt with an employee discount attached too it?!?!?

lol... This guy really is a dumb shit, his name is on the receipt (Trevor Morgan) and the eBay iD coincides with that. If your located around Harrisonburg, VA give him shit!!!!! He even pictures the Battlefront lanyard that most GS employees are wearing right now.
God that is so mother freaking depressing. I hate myself for starting to turn into a collector. It exposed me to the scalping world and I hate it so much.

He better be careful since many employee discount policies state that you can not resell items you get with it. I would think gamestop would not be any different.

Let us see how this plays out

Wow. I'm pretty sure Gamestop would fire him if they saw an employee reselling their items.

Nice to see the price range for Marths at 40-50$ as opposed to 80$+! Reprints are somewhat serving their purpose. But then again, not really lol

He took off the picture with the receipt now

Dude at a random Gamestop totally fucking owned me just now. 

"You have any Marth amiibos?" 

"We do, we have one in stock."

"Would you be able to hold it for me, I'll get there in about an hour, would that be okay?"

"No, first come, first serve"

I was there like .......... are you fucking kidding me you stupid mother fucking asshole?  But I just said "okay, thanks" and hung up.  Wow, couldn't believe it, oh well man.  I would head out there, it'll take me about 50 mins but I have a feeling once I get there, it'll probably be gone knowing that area is always busy. 

odd they wouldn't hold it for you, gs held a captain falcon for me for 6 hours, unrelated
I plan on going to a store before opening on 5/29 you guys have any idea which the best to do would be?

Dude at a random Gamestop totally fucking owned me just now.

"You have any Marth amiibos?"

"We do, we have one in stock."

"Would you be able to hold it for me, I'll get there in about an hour, would that be okay?"

"No, first come, first serve"

I was there like .......... are you fucking kidding me you stupid mother fucking asshole? But I just said "okay, thanks" and hung up. Wow, couldn't believe it, oh well man. I would head out there, it'll take me about 50 mins but I have a feeling once I get there, it'll probably be gone knowing that area is always busy.
It should always be first come first serve. Though I have items held, I don't mind when they tell me to come now.

If I'm in the store ready to buy, I shouldn't be turned away b/c someone has a rare item on hold from days ago.

My local GS received their Marth and Ike shipment this morning. The manager not only held the Marth I called about the other day, but added in the only non pre-ordered Ike that came in too. :D

Sucks! One of the stores in my area shows 4 Captain Falcon's in stock. Not wasting my time on a what if (though all 3 Target tracking sites shows it's in stock) so I called the store. The girl in electronics already knew that she hadn't seen a CF in the games area (I doubt it would even be there). She gave me the BS excuse that "b/c it's discontinued it must not be in the store". b/c discounted items just magically vanish once it is. Psh, might go there if I'm in the area for another deal.

Yesterday, after calling every store around I finally found one that said they didn't open their stuff yet. After about four calls back I got one on hold. Successfully picked up Marth and picked up my Ike pre-order. 

The guy was joking and said that will be $100 cash please haha. He also said he got 20 calls about it every hour and someone called from 2+ hours away willing to drive there lol.

hi everyone!  I've been out of town and its been crazy on my end.  Sorry but I just got back and looks like I missed my opportunity for Marth reprints.

Still any chance for me to get him?!?!  Sorry, wayyy too many pages to go back and read each and every post.  I just spent 20 minutes trying to catch up but everyone is now talking about Silver Mario.  Thanks in advance.

hi everyone!  I've been out of town and its been crazy on my end.  Sorry but I just got back and looks like I missed my opportunity for Marth reprints.

Still any chance for me to get him?!?!  Sorry, wayyy too many pages to go back and read each and every post.  I just spent 20 minutes trying to catch up but everyone is now talking about Silver Mario.  Thanks in advance.

hi everyone! I've been out of town and its been crazy on my end. Sorry but I just got back and looks like I missed my opportunity for Marth reprints.

Still any chance for me to get him?!?! Sorry, wayyy too many pages to go back and read each and every post. I just spent 20 minutes trying to catch up but everyone is now talking about Silver Mario. Thanks in advance.
did you look up inventory for your local Gamestops?

Silver Mario is going to be common by the looks of it. Every major store looks like they are getting it and in good quantities.

Even gold Mario is common. I been seeing a guy trying to sell one on craigslist for over a month now for $40. Just sits there till he relists it, endless cycle. He'd probably take $20-25.

Even gold Mario is common. I been seeing a guy trying to sell one on craigslist for over a month now for $40. Just sits there till he relists it, endless cycle. He'd probably take $20-25.
You and I have very different definitions of common. I will agree he wasn't super hard to get, but I wouldn't say he is common by a long shot.

Gold Mario isn't common at all. No stores have it in stock (say for a few randoms). It sells for $40+ online (3x more than retail). His problem is selling it on CL.

Silver Mario on the other hand isn't exclusive, there are no USA pre-orders (so far, if any at all), and it'll be available in 10+ at each store on launch by the looks of it.

Just reading that post about the guy complaining that a GS wouldn't hold a Marth for him a few posts up. What incentive do they have to hold it for you for over an hour when it's something that will sell one way or another without putting any holds on it at all? Not sure how you can be upset about that.

You and I have very different definitions of common. I will agree he wasn't super hard to get, but I wouldn't say he is common by a long shot.
I was about to say common means you can stroll into the store and pick it up for msrp. Gold Mario sells on ebay for the same price as Ike.

Just reading that post about the guy complaining that a GS wouldn't hold a Marth for him a few posts up. What incentive do they have to hold it for you for over an hour when it's something that will sell one way or another without putting any holds on it at all? Not sure how you can be upset about that.
After reading everyone's post and at reddit and their success stories of Gamestop workers holding and saving the item for them, I would expect maybe the same success they got. But uhhhhh okay, whatever you say man. Better luck next time I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back