Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Best buy in store doing some amiibos like silver Mario for 5 bucks. I saw splatoon singles and Dario but only got silver Mario from them.
So did Best Buy in store actually do preorders?

I have no idea. I would assume they close also but NWS gets gigantic lines for these. Gigantic even compared to other crap here in NY.

I wouldn't mind making the trek at midnight or around that but I'm going to go there and wait for 5 to 6 hours before midnight.
Good luck! I might be going with a friend as well.

I can't wait to see the NW line pictures next week. Sometimes I'm jealous that I'm not near there but then I realize I really don't want to wait in line for 6 hours and still be super far back from the store.

That is absolutely perplexing. Lining up an hour or two early in front of any other store (Target, Best Buy, etc) will suffice to get these new amiibo.

That is absolutely perplexing. Lining up an hour or two early in front of any other store (Target, Best Buy, etc) will suffice to get these new amiibo.
Not necessarily true. For the last wave the only people to get them in my area on release were the 6 people that camp out in their van the night before launch. For the Ike/Mega Man/ DDD release I went to TRU 2 hours early and was only 8th in line and ended up empty handed. I'm thinking about not even wasting my time next week.

Not necessarily true. For the last wave the only people to get them in my area on release were the 6 people that camp out in their van the night before launch. For the Ike/Mega Man/ DDD release I went to TRU 2 hours early and was only 8th in line and ended up empty handed. I'm thinking about not even wasting my time next week.
Camping out... For a little plastic toy... This just blows my mind.

Camping out... For a little plastic toy... This just blows my mind.
I hate to admit but I am completely addicted to these god damn things. However, I will never camp out overnight to save $15 or so when I could just buy it internationally, from a scalper or order online from a major retailer if I am lucky enough. I know this debate has gone on 100 times and this is the first and last time I will contribute to it.

https://twitter.com/nintendo_world/status/601784024764284928
It'll be like this again if they have the exclusives XD

Q2B34X0.jpg

What AmiiboNews posted on Twitter about Gamestop stock for this wave is pretty disheartening. Many Ness dreams will be crushed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFnihW3UIAALory.jpg
I wonder how many employees are gonna attempt to take them. Hopefully people who want Ness and other amiibo will threaten to call district managers if that does happen.

Question for those who have TRU Greninja preordered online. Does yours say "On hold till 4/3/15" or something like that?
Yes. Mine says:

"Item(s) on hold until release date: 04 / 03 / 15"

4/3/15 was the date I placed my order. I wouldn't worry about it until next week (at release).

It'll be like this again if they have the exclusives XD

Q2B34X0.jpg

I wonder how many employees are gonna attempt to take them. Hopefully people who want Ness and other amiibo will threaten to call district managers if that does happen.
Says right in that picture that amount will vary for other stores so it is possible that some store will receive none.

What AmiiboNews posted on Twitter about Gamestop stock for this wave is pretty disheartening. Many Ness dreams will be crushed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFnihW3UIAALory.jpg
Wow... I got my hopes up that maybe Ness wouldn't be that rare after seeing those Greninja numbers, but guess I'm SoL.

At least I now know to just give up. I'm not even going to bother calling/asking about it because I know I'll the get "you shoulda pre-ordered in the two whole hours it was available in store for pre-order, in the middle of a random day!! I mean, it's not like you had a job, right?! HUR DURR!!!!".

Doubtful, he is the only one no one has pre ordered
Only because almost no one actually took preorders on it. People posting stock numbers from TRU, Target, GS...Silver Mario has been getting double the stock of any other other figure if the numbers are accurate.

I'm actually perplexed by the Silver Mario phenomena -- it seems its going to be so well stocked everywhere, but not a single retailer has opened pre-orders on him at all.  Did they just assume he'd fly off the shelves like all the others? With those stock levels at ALL the retailers I have a feeling he'll seem to be almost a sonic/sheik type level rarity.  I mean he's easily twice or 3x the stock levels as other amiibo from the #'s we've seen already if they hold true, let alone that its at EVERY retailer.  Just weird.

I could go to NWS but then i have to turn down an 18hr shift at one job and prob my friday morning shift at another job so i can sleep, ya I aint going unless I knew for sure I was getting everything. I guess i'll try to hit target at 9 but i will prob miss out.

I'm actually perplexed by the Silver Mario phenomena -- it seems its going to be so well stocked everywhere, but not a single retailer has opened pre-orders on him at all. Did they just assume he'd fly off the shelves like all the others? With those stock levels at ALL the retailers I have a feeling he'll seem to be almost a sonic/sheik type level rarity. I mean he's easily twice or 3x the stock levels as other amiibo from the #'s we've seen already if they hold true, let alone that its at EVERY retailer. Just weird.
It makes perfect sense if you use Nintendo's Logic.

I could go to NWS but then i have to turn down an 18hr shift at one job and prob my friday morning shift at another job so i can sleep, ya I aint going unless I knew for sure I was getting everything. I guess i'll try to hit target at 9 but i will prob miss out.
Do you want to make money or spend money?

Alright so I am gonna be in a pretty small town area with a Gamestop in it. My question is will it be even worth it to go there right when they open on the 29th to see if they have more then just preorders? I'll be picking up Bloodborne a few days before at the same store so I will ask but I wanted to ask here to.

Gamestop is likely the worse place to go as they are mostly just going to be pre orders. Any extra they do get will just be taken my employees and their friends

I just hope they have enough to cover that, Gamestop worries me so much that I always run there soon as they open... But just like wave 3 first task is secure a jiggy

Why are people expecting there to be amiibo only for preorder orders at GS? Didn't everyone who got in a preorder there only order them to get delivered to their homes before they totally sold out? I know I tried to have mine shipped to the store when I preordered, but they said they were only doing preorders for shipping to home.

I just hope they have enough to cover that, Gamestop worries me so much that I always run there soon as they open... But just like wave 3 first task is secure a jiggy
Same here, got to get a JIGGY at Target and then hit Gamestop for my bundle preorder.
[customspoiler='JIGGY']
med_gallery_254652_8611_6278.png
[/customspoiler]

med_gallery_254652_8611_74860.png

Why are people expecting there to be amiibo only for preorder orders at GS? Didn't everyone who got in a preorder there only order them to get delivered to their homes before they totally sold out? I know I tried to have mine shipped to the store when I preordered, but they said they were only doing preorders for shipping to home.
As far as I remember this is correct. All in-store preorders were web-in-store shipped to the customer's address. Everything received in store on 5/29 should technically be sold first come first served to customers. Of course we all know that GS employees will snatch them up for themselves or their friends; however I do expect most of those characters to gradually be restocked in store over time.

My local GS (and likely some others) are running a waiting list. Basically even though you are not allowed to preorder any of this wave in store, you can be put on a waiting list for the characters you want. They will then call the people on the waiting list first for each character received. Who knows if they will follow the order on the waiting list however as there are no checks and balances. Figured it was worth a try and put my name in for Marth (before I got it from Wal-Mart), Robin and Lucina.

I saw someone said they rejoined the North America Line... I'm still in the international one and the original one just says "Empty Room" as the title... how do I get back in????

Walmart just cancelled my Charizard. Haven't gotten any charges elsewhere yet.
Did they ever charge you in the first place because that is weird..I was already charged for my amiibos last week, still says processing delivery date June 2nd..so Im hopeful that since they already charged me it means the order is OK

Walmart also cancelled my pre-order of Charizard and the Splatoon 3-pack earlier from when they popped up on the 12th (I assume you guys saw them, I had some crazy stupid luck as I just happened to be looking at amiibos when they were live so I'm not surprised). I'm pretty sure I wasn't charged before the cancellation.

(Also: been awhile, sup guys. Nice new thread :))

Walmart also cancelled my pre-order of Charizard and the Splatoon 3-pack earlier from when they popped up on the 12th (I assume you guys saw them, I had some crazy stupid luck as I just happened to be looking at amiibos when they were live so I'm not surprised). I'm pretty sure I wasn't charged before the cancellation.

Yeah my Charizard was also from the 12th, I was never charged either.

That sucks..I also got mine when they just happened to pop up on the site, was so nervous that they would be canceled but both my Discover and AMEX cards were already charged so they cant go back on that now :)

Some wave 4 info on Meijer from r/amiibo

The system has a no sell before attached to all Amiibo in wave 4 and Splatoon. This is different from previous waves, when they would be stocked to shelf immediately. It doesn't mean the street date won't be broken by some stores, but all team leaders and lines leaders should have the info on the no sell and keep products locked up until Friday right at midnight. Although, they'll probably not be put out til morning, so if you stop in, ask a 3rd shift employee, kindly, and mention it was released right then. They should have a spot where midnight release items are locked up. They will be on sale, at midnight, at Meijer locations. Fair warning, Lucina and Robin seem to be about only 1 per store. All others (including silver mario) are rocking some 3-4 numbers.

According to a Target memo, some low volume Target will not receive any Robin or Lucina. So plan according if your trying to get those two.

According to a Target memo, some low volume Target will not receive any Robin or Lucina. So plan according if your trying to get those two.
yeah and from my understanding, they will only allow you to purchase TWO amiibos per store..so I can get my hands on a Jigglypuff and Silver Mario, then take the bus to TRU since they open at 10am and get Lucina, Robin, and Greninja

If you have a choice, I think you should go with Jigglypuff and either one of the FE amiibo first. Silver Mario looks like it will be easier to get than those two.

That sucks..I also got mine when they just happened to pop up on the site, was so nervous that they would be canceled but both my Discover and AMEX cards were already charged so they cant go back on that now :)
I was too..but, I think you're good.
I'm not too disappointed though, I planned on going to waste a day of my life in the NWS line anyway lol. I missed all of wave 3B due to money issues sooo I'm trying to catch up. Hopefully I can get some there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back