Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Well got done with my run today at Gamestop. Was the only one who waited there since 8am. Heh. No one else camped.

Grabbed Ness, Silver Mario, 3 Pack, Charizard, and my Splatoon game. :)

I DID grab the Charizard for CAG! I will be posting in the trade forum about this one. Was the ONLY one in stock, so I figured CAGers would be looking for it. (Might trade my 2nd Ness too since that too was basically all they had)

well so far I have them all except greninja. also I think gamestop hit my credit card with a pending charge again for shulk, when is it suppose to rerelease? cause I actually got one but figured I'd keep this one for trade.

Friend at TRU managed to snag me Greninja, Robin and Lucina. All of my other orders - Ness and Splatoon 3-pack at Gamestop, Pac-Man, Charizard, the Inkling singles from Best Buy, Jigglypuff from Target online, and Wario from Wamart online -- have shipped and should arrive Monday at the latest. That's this wave complete minus Silver Mario (and I have normal Mario and Gold Mario, so not really a priority to get Silver Mario).

I hope the next wave goes this smoothly - Olimar, Zero Suit Samus and Dr Mario were three of my five most wanted when they originally announced the entire Smash roster would get Amiibo (the other two were Wind Waker Link and Little Mac, which I have).

The worst part of Amiibo is that it has rekindled my Nintendo collecting bug. I have started buying back some of the N64 games I have sold over the years (if anyone wants to trade some PS4 games for a copy of Banjo Tooie...)

Finally was able to get Jigglypuff now I'm done with Wave 4.

Now I can go pick up my copy of Splatoon so I can #rektnoscopeskrubs420blazemlg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzGxBkGir9U

Got 2 Lucina, a Robyn and silver Mario at fred meyer no issues just in the shelf. I have a Lucina to trade for a marth! Pm me

From what I could tell, I was the only one at the Morehead City NC Best Buy at open that was there for amiibo. When Meta Knight released they had all the new ones behind customer service, but this time they were actually on pegs. Three of each: pacman, wario, silver Mario, inkling boy and girl, and the three pack.

When I asked about the missing 3 they checked Charizard and had none, but told me to hang on and sure enough he walked out of the back with Lucina and Robin. :D

Still on the hunt for Greninja though...

Stood on the roof of the building I work at to try to see if the Best Buy a few hundred feet away had a line of people waiting to get in. No one there at all, so I guess everyone is at TRU.

My target is

16 jigglypuff
8 silver Mario
4 everything else

Edit: this is the Buena park, ca target. I'm 14th in line, so I lucked out for jigglypuff

At the Camarillo Target, probably 20 in line and there were people who actually tented overnight for this.

Amiibo has hit peak insanity.

I'm showing a pending charge on my credit card for my Shulk Gamestop order from 2-12.  Could be shipping soon.

Also, got Jiggy from Target.  Showed up at 8:05, they had plenty.  Everyone was nice a cordial.  Everyone self imposed 1 per person limit.

Here's a story.

I ended up going to Target about an hour and half before opening. There was a like of about 5 people so I figure I'm pretty solid even though I heard about a lot of stores only get about 3 robins/lucinas. Maybe 20 minutes later this line about triples in size. There was no order or ticket system.

This man child thought it would be a good idea to bring his airsoft pistol and wave it around. Everyone was uncomfortable. One of the soccer moms must have called the cops. Cops show up maybe 30 minutes before opening. This guy throws a tantrum because he didn't want to step out of line. Another squad car shows up. People got their camera phones out waiting for the right moment to yell worldstar. They ended up forcing him to the ground and cuffing him and sat him in the squad car and talked to him. He was still sitting in there when I was leaving the store. I think his mother came and was pleading with the police.

Long story sort, people are ignorant.

I walked away with the figurines I wanted and got the hell out of there. I want to say it will be the last time I go to that Target but if there is another exclusive what the hell am I to do? Drive across the state?

Stood on the roof of the building I work at to try to see if the Best Buy a few hundred feet away had a line of people waiting to get in. No one there at all, so I guess everyone is at TRU.
That doesn't mean there are no customers for them. For Meta Knight, they gave us tickets and let us come back at opening.

The target I went over to sold out in ten minutes when they opened, apparently. All they had left were the female squiddle, which is kind of a shame because she's awesome more people should want her.

So I went over to Toys R Us, there were 23 people in line. By thet time they got back to me, they still had splatoon three packs, charizard, wario and pac-man, plus more than enough Greninjas and silver marios for everyone.

And they weren't kidding. They got over a hundred greninjas and 70 silver marios. Between this and online, I got everything from this wave except Jigglypuff!

...If anyone got a second jigglypuff I would not mind buying it off of you instead of an ebayer.

Like others have mentioned, Target handled things very well this morning. I was able to grab a silver Mario and Jigglypuff. The Mankato, MN store had at least 30 or so Jigglypuff, 10-15 silver Mario, Pacman and Wario when I went around 8:30 am; Lucina and Robin soldout right away at 7am which I expected. Hoping I can snag a Ness later today... goodluck everyone!

Well my local toyrus didn't have any lucina or robin. All they had were 30 greninja, few pac man and some of the splatoon chars. Looks like amazon is my best bet tonight.

Here's a story.

I ended up going to Target about an hour and half before opening. There was a like of about 5 people so I figure I'm pretty solid even though I heard about a lot of stores only get about 3 robins/lucinas. Maybe 20 minutes later this line about triples in size. There was no order or ticket system.

This man child thought it would be a good idea to bring his airsoft pistol and wave it around. Everyone was uncomfortable. One of the soccer moms must have called the cops. Cops show up maybe 30 minutes before opening. This guy throws a tantrum because he didn't want to step out of line. Another squad car shows up. People got their camera phones out waiting for the right moment to yell worldstar. They ended up forcing him to the ground and cuffing him and sat him in the squad car and talked to him. He was still sitting in there when I was leaving the store. I think his mother came and was pleading with the police.

Long story sort, people are ignorant.

I walked away with the figurines I wanted and got the hell out of there. I want to say it will be the last time I go to that Target but if there is another exclusive what the hell am I to do? Drive across the state?
Was the gun supposed to be his method of intimidating people to keep them from cutting in line? Can't think of any other reason why someone would do something that stupid. The fact that it's a less-than-lethal device just makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Not sure what state you are in, but if it was the South, there's a good chance at least someone else in line or in the store was carrying with a concealed handgun license. Most who carry aren't going to reveal until they are ready to shoot.

I grabbed a Lucina, Robin, Silver Mario, and Greninja at TRU. The ticket system was great. After that, I was lucky enough to grab the last Ness at a nearby GS. :D

Was the gun supposed to be his method of intimidating people to keep them from cutting in line? Can't think of any other reason why someone would do something that stupid. The fact that it's a less-than-lethal device just makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Not sure what state you are in, but if it was the South, there's a good chance at least someone else in line or in the store was carrying with a concealed handgun license. Most who carry aren't going to reveal until they are ready to shoot.
I think his reasoning was the shipment that was stolen in Europe. He brought his piece to scare any would-be thieves. I think he was half joking, but it didn't make him sound any less stupid.

At the Camarillo Target, probably 20 in line and there were people who actually tented overnight for this.

Amiibo has hit peak insanity.
It's because of these asshole scalpers... I was second in line and barely got what I came for. I shared this on Reddit.

I was second in line and chatted with the first guy for the time we waited. I told him I was just getting a Silver Mario and Jigglypuff. He said he wanted the same. He had drove 45 minutes from a city to the Target in my small town because he had heard about our small line for Rosalina.

10 minutes before open, 6 guys show up in an SUV. Turns out they are friends with the first guy in line. I mentioned the line, but they all said they weren't buying anything so we have nothing to worry about.

After they open, the manager reminds us of the 2 per person limit and no running. There were 4 Silver Mario and 12 Jigglypuff total. The first guy says, "I'll take 3 Silver Mario and 11 Jigglypuff. There is 7 of us."

My jaw dropped, people behind me flipped shit. They started yelling and demanding that the manager didn't allow it. The manager kept quiet and rang them all up and that 1 guy paid for them all. Thankfully I was able to get 1 Jigglypuff and 1 Silver Mario.

Some people make me sick.

Got in a order for jiggly on target website using iOS chrome browser. Didn't work on any other browser on my phone but that one went through. Still awaiting confirmation but it shows in my order history.

I thought I had a Jigglypuff order go through but I don't know. Had Luigi in my cart as a free shipping filler, added Jiggs in IE and was actually able to check out then through the app. Total was right and everything...now the confirmation just shows Luigi with standard shipping. I'll have to check back in a bit, definitely not looking to buy a $19 Luigi! 😄

Was just gonna skip all the pages, but forgot that some of the best stories come out on launch days, glad to see I wasn't wrong.  A couple of hilarious ones here! 

Mine was pretty tame, but very great in terms of organization!

Got to Target 2 hours early, was 2nd in line.  Only 6 more people or so showed up by 8am - manager was on the ball, told us what she had (8 jiggly, 4 Silver, 0 Robin/Lucina, 4 of the rest) and limit of 2 total per customer.  She walked us back single file and no issues whatsoever.

Headed down the street to TRU and there were only 2 people in line (both people from the Target line).  Line got about another 20 or so people before 10, but one of the Nintendo reps who I knew came by and walked in, came out and told us they had "plenty of stock" for whatever we wanted (and they really did), and then after being asked gave out some Smash pins and gorgeous double-sided Splatoon posters! TRU opened up and the manager walked us all to the area, let us go up one at a time and pick 1 of each of whatever we wanted, snagged my 3-pack, pre-ordered Greninja, and an extra Lucina (in case Best Buy messes mine up or for a GS ASM friend), left an extra Robin as there were some people who said they wanted him specifically. 

Overall it was a great experience.  Sadly no bicyclists, gun-waving freaks, stanky neckbeards (at least at the front of the line), or sprinting maniacs...

Got here 10 minutes before opening at Redwood City target. first dude in line was here at 4:30 a.m. There are about 10 Jiggs left. Missed Robin and Lucina. Got Silver Mario, Jiggs, and 3 pack though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back