Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what pisses me off? By all rights, the Splatoon amiibos shouldn't even exist. They do absolutely nothing but unlock DLC. Yet my Best Buy was FILLED with them, literally a 1/3 of the Amiibo display..... including tons of the 3 pack.

Yet the ones that actually do stuff, based off established IP's that people do want...... fuck no. They had 1 Pac-Man. That's it. And I was just barely able to find a Charizard from Wal-Mart. I can't even get fucking Wario, let alone somebody like Greninja.

I don't know what I bother with you Nintendo. I really don't.
Aw I like the splatoon ones. They're cute.

You know what pisses me off? By all rights, the Splatoon amiibos shouldn't even exist. They do absolutely nothing but unlock DLC. Yet my Best Buy was FILLED with them, literally a 1/3 of the Amiibo display..... including tons of the 3 pack.

Yet the ones that actually do stuff, based off established IP's that people do want...... fuck no. They had 1 Pac-Man. That's it. And I was just barely able to find a Charizard from Wal-Mart. I can't even get fucking Wario, let alone somebody like Greninja.

I don't know what I bother with you Nintendo. I really don't.
I agree to a point. I'm fine seeing the numbers I saw at a high-volume Target today AS LONG AS there is no restock. If there is a restock then fuck that.

The 2 amiibo per person thing is such Bullshit, I went to a Target that followed the correct policy (2 per character) but 9 SKUs came out today and most wanted more than 2

Went to a Target and GS for lunch. No Splatoon 3 pack for the both of them. Going to try another Target, GS and Wal Mart after work. I don't want to resort to Amazon if possible.

I agree to a point. I'm fine seeing the numbers I saw at a high-volume Target today AS LONG AS there is no restock. If there is a restock then fuck that.
I feel the exact opposite.

The smash bros ones are based off of established IPs, I'll give you that, but the functionality is largely for a game that's a few months old, and there's a debate on how useful they really are.

Splatoon are glorified DLC, but they come out the same day as a brand new game using them, with an IP they're trying to establish. I'd think they'd want those "shelf warming" at least a little bit, since normal people aren't going to be amiibo hunting.

Does anyone else get that annoying "jiiiiiiggggggalllllleeeepuuuuuffff" sing-song sound in their head whenever they read the name Jigglypuff on here?? Cuz I do.

Oh. My. God. We've all been under Jigglypuff's spell this entire time. How many of us spent how long trying to order her? 2? 3 hours? THAT ENTIRE TIME SHE WAS SINGING HER SONG.

Better find a mirror to be certain your face wasn't scribbled on.
Adorable-art-cute-gif-jigglypuff-Favim.com-231064.gif

The smash bros ones are based off of established IPs, I'll give you that, but the functionality is largely for a game that's a few months old, and there's a debate on how useful they really are.

Splatoon are glorified DLC, but they come out the same day as a brand new game using them, with an IP they're trying to establish. I'd think they'd want those "shelf warming" at least a little bit, since normal people aren't going to be amiibo hunting.
Yes, they are clearly used as a marketing strategy. It built hype for a game that otherwise looks.... childish and lame.

You can argue that these are intended for kids, which they are, but it's mostly adults who buy them.

Not only that but Nintendo did not say that these Amiibos for Splatoon would essentially be DLC until they were sold out preorders everywhere. I didn't want the three pack until I heard what they did.

I was able to snag a Splatoon 3 pack. The GameStop I went to only received 2 Lucinas. All sold to the first two individuals on line when the store opened.

Frys has tons of everything but robin lucina I saw at least 50 of each mario char wario pac man and the splatoons . I also walked into target at about 825 got 2 jigglys no problem and they still had probably 20 left so its not that hard to find

my haul today: 

BB (With GCU $45) 

Silver Mario

Wario (walmart never shipped, so i canceled after purchasing since i ended up saving $6 anyway)

Charizard (Same as above)

Splatoon boy 

Toysrus (From April Preorder) 

Greninja.

Got shipped online: Lucina & Robin (Walmart) , Jiggly (Target), Splatoon Girl and Pacman (BB ) 

Went to get ness, but only had one at my gamestop and the person was there since 4 am, just for ness O_O. 

So im gonna need to trade for a ness, EU or US is fine. 

I got an EU Jiggly and Greninja on the Way

& an Extra US Lucina & Robin. (from walmart.com) for a 1:1 trade. 

Hopefully a nice cag with an extra ness is willing to trade. (i made a post in the trade thread as well) 

Hope Everyone else was able to get what they wanted.

If you think Splatoon looks childish and lame then I feel sorry for you.

My order for Greninja shipped from TRU, now I just need to grab a Silver Mario at some point, maybe a Wario, and I'll have my Wave 4 wants completed and plenty of extras to flip and pay for what I keep.

I love amiibos.

As an FYI, I was able to pick up a Greninja at TRU in Long Island City, but that was 2 hours ago. They seemed to have a good amount of stock. Not sure if this has been mentioned already. Limit 1 per customer.

Frys has tons of everything but robin lucina I saw at least 50 of each mario char wario pac man and the splatoons . I also walked into target at about 825 got 2 jigglys no problem and they still had probably 20 left so its not that hard to find
Here in SoCal. Jiggly puff was gone once the stores opened :/ at least around me it seemed that way

So we now know ness is the unicorn of this wave?

Piles of Greninjas at both TRUs I was at today. At 12:30 one had at least 25 left. Silver Marios everywhere I went. Same with Splatoon figures, including the three pack. Even plenty of Jigglypuffs at Target. Almost disappointing how easy it was.

Fishers/Noblesville IN area:
Got to Target around 10:45, expected nothing, got Pac, Jiggly and Silver Mario. They had cart full behind the counter with Splatoon, Jiggly, and Pac. No mention of any limits.
Best Buy had Charizard and Silver and Pac and Splatoon
Meijer had a bunch of Silvers
Walmart had nothing
No Wario anywhere

With how well Toys R Us handled this wave, it gives me hope for future waves. I walked in at 12:30 and they still had every singe Amiibo they got in today. Tons of Splatoon singles and 3 packs, Charizard, Wario, Pac Man, Silver Mario, and yes even Greninja. I hit up 2 TRU and picked up a Greninja from both. Each location had probably 40 of them on top of the pre-orders set aside. Gamestop and Target need to take a page out of TRU's book

My order for Greninja shipped from TRU, now I just need to grab a Silver Mario at some point, maybe a Wario, and I'll have my Wave 4 wants completed and plenty of extras to flip and pay for what I keep.

I love amiibos.
Having played the demo, I wasn't impressed. It took me forever to even get online (I had doubted Nintendo's ability to make an online shooter before but the server errors were ridiculous) and even afterwards lag was a problem more often than not. But even putting all that aside, I wasn't impressed in the least. Trying to paint the landscape got very tedious very, very fast. To say nothing of the complaints that have been made to death already regarding voice chat.

The shoe-horned in amiibo integration just makes it feel even more geared towards children, like they just had to get toys out for it.

I'll defend Zelda and Mario Galaxy all day long, but yes, Splatoon felt extremely childish..... and not in a good way. Any interest I had in the game was killed by that horrid demo. I suspect this game will pull a W101 and get really cheap really fast, and if it does then MAYBE I'll give it another shot. But until then I'd argue that it's the worst major 1st party game they've put out since Wii Music. Certainly one of the worst I've played.

Last edited:
With how well Toys R Us handled this wave, it gives me hope for future waves. I walked in at 12:30 and they still had every singe Amiibo they got in today. Tons of Splatoon singles and 3 packs, Charizard, Wario, Pac Man, Silver Mario, and yes even Greninja. I hit up 2 TRU and picked up a Greninja from both. Each location had probably 40 of them on top of the pre-orders set aside. Gamestop and Target need to take a page out of TRU's book
Could also mean Nintendo is doing a better job meeting the demand and producing higher volumes.

I still can't help but feel a bit dirty not only paying MSRP for the 3-pack, but paying TRU "MSRP" prices!  Wonder if my local BB has them in stock... might be worth the $8 since its not too far out of the way (and I can do the free street pass weekend there too)?

The shoe-horned in amiibo integration just makes it feel even more geared towards children, like they just had to get toys out for it.

I'll defend Zelda and Mario Galaxy all day long, but yes, Splatoon felt extremely childish..... and not in a good way. Any interest I had in the game was killed by that horrid demo. I suspect this game will pull a W101 and get really cheap really fast, and if it does then MAYBE I'll give it another shot. But until then I'd argue that it's the worst major 1st party game they've put out since Wii Music.
I don't trust any technical stress test as a representation of the final product. The style of the game is subjective as most reviews considers it excellent (as I myself do). It looks content light which is bad but rather than get cheaper I think it's going to hold value because it's a great game and Nintendo will be delivering new content to it on a regular basis.

I don't trust any technical stress test as a representation of the final product. The style of the game is subjective as most reviews considers it excellent (as I myself do). It looks content light which is bad but rather than get cheaper I think it's going to hold value because it's a great game and Nintendo will be delivering new content to it on a regular basis.
Now that I think about it I suspect you are actually right, but not because of sales. If sales do suck Nintendo will probably just quit printing copies and force people to buy it digitally rather than allow S&D to take it's natural course and lower the price of the game.

Last edited:
Went to Target this morning at 8:15am in Rosemont was going to go to the target by my house today in Schaumburg but the line was huge this morning so I proceeded to head to work and go to the one on the way.

I was hoping to get Robin and Lucina but they were gone by the time I got there. If they even had them.

They had a bunch of Pac-Man, Wario, Charlizard and Silver Mario. I grabbed myself a Splatoon 3-Pack and two Jigglypuff.
One for me and one for a friend. I texted my friend this morning and she told me she already got a jigglypuff this morning.

Could also mean Nintendo is doing a better job meeting the demand and producing higher volumes.
Doubtful. Look at how bad the Ness situation is. TRU was probably just smart enough to say "We need X of these Amiibos to meet demand" and Nintendo shipped them what they needed. If it was Nintendo behind it, there would be Ness and Jigglypuff Amiibos to go around like these Greninjas

good luck lunch break got fed up with the Puff situation @ target so ran over to toys r us got one of the last 4 Greninja & Silver Mario's.  Driving back checked the target app and got my order in for the Puff!   To quote mad max "what a glorious day"

now I just need some luck with Lucina tonight on amazon no luck anywhere so far & Ness i've totally given up on. 

At Target I tried to buy Charizard, Silver Mario, and Wario.  Guy wouldn't let me  because only 2 "premium" Amiibos per person.  Apparently that Target won't let you get the whole wave.  They had at least 5 remaining silvers.

The Walmart down the street had 2 Charizard and maybe 7 Pac Man?

I didn't get to experience the amiibogeddon, so I had to stay home today. My mom, however, decided to get them for me. The ones I wanted at least. (Being pac-man, Splatoon, and 3pack before I changed my mind for more amiibo. 😅) She went to a Hendersonville, TN GameStop and there were 3 silver Mario, 4 pac man (3 after she got me one), 1 inkling girl, 2 inkling boys, and 1 Mario party 10 Mario amiibo bundle. She is headed to TRU right now and I'm hoping the 6-9 Splatoon 3 packs will be there with greninja, marth, and the Splatoon guide.

I would just like to point out the humor of people complaining that splatoon amiibos (a toy made for children) and the splatoon game (a team shooter also clearly targetting a younger demographic) are too childish.

Really?

I agree, I wasn't sold on it until some of the videos I've seen lately including a big play video on one site. Looks like lots of fun, and a good 1p mode too. We're not big Amiibo collectors in our home, but the 3 pack suddenly became a must get after being sold on the game. Unfortunately by the time I figured that out, it was sold out for pre-orders (of course).

Went up to Best Buy 5 minutes before opening to get just the game and the line told me they had one more 3 pack left that wasn't claimed. A couple people walked up afterwards and kind of ignored the line, but the manager had apparently already made a list of who gets what. They had the leftover sitting on a table with the lone 3 pack, which I picked up. One of the guys that ignored the line came up to the table and got mad there were no more 3 packs, I told him I would help him out but it was a gift for my kid (which it is). He then said he wanted it for his kid too, but I kind doubt that because when he realized he couldn't get it he just grabbed everything else that was left - I'm really sure his "kid" wants 5 Pac-men and 3 Silver Marios :nottalking: (not sure if they let him buy them all). Tip for the scalpers out there, don't try the "my poor kid" sympathy story as you are cleaning everything else off the shelves.

Doubtful. Look at how bad the Ness situation is. TRU was probably just smart enough to say "We need X of these Amiibos to meet demand" and Nintendo shipped them what they needed. If it was Nintendo behind it, there would be Ness and Jigglypuff Amiibos to go around like these Greninjas
more likely Toys r us just kept preorders extremely limited (hence the sold out at 330am with no warning online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back