Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
BBY yesterday at launch I was limited to 1 each character, however the BBY i went to today, let me hit the max on my gamer's club of 3 each.  But different associates/stores may give you a different rule.  Target and Toys R Us don't really seem to have a corporate rule.  Besides seriously, what major retailer is going to come out with a corporate policy regarding $13 toys.

After finally completing a wave, I'm a little bummed that I skipped out on Marth to line up for Meta-Knight only to go home with neither and now...my car is in the shop. So I can't even check today. :/
Oh well. I doubt any of the South Jersey best buys got them anyway.

EDIT: I lined up for Meta-Knight (store had none), and missed out on Marth yesterday.

I got all of Wave 4 (except for the Splatoon amiibo as I don't care about them). Bought a Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Little Mac on Amazon. Only Smash amiibo I'll be missing once those come in is King DeDeDe, which I have on preorder at GameStop. I hope that call I got about it being available in the summer is true.

And yet the toy collector is the one on ebay buying the collections for $1500 (which basically costed those selling it nothing due to all the doubles they picked up) and misprints for $2000!
You know, for someone supposedly making six figures, you get surprisingly bunged up about really small sums of money.

You know, for someone supposedly making six figures, you get surprisingly bunged up about really small sums of money.
Are you still hung up on that comment? Me making six figures isn't the point. The point is how much is being paid by collectors relative to what the item cost retail. 50 amiibo's at say 15 a pop is $750, and the "expert toy collector" is paying someone $1500 to someone that casually clicked a few buttons on the net and waited for the items to arrive with minimal time invested. $750 in free money is free money no matter what your salary is.

Are you still hung up on that comment? Me making six figures isn't the point. The point is how much is being paid by collectors relative to what the item cost retail. 50 amiibo's at say 15 a pop is $750, and the "expert toy collector" is paying someone $1500 to someone that casually clicked a few buttons on the net and waited for the items to arrive with minimal time invested. $750 in free money is free money no matter what your salary is.
You claiming to make six figures is an arbitrary point you've mentioned numerous times in this thread. It's clearly something you want us to know, and your point usually revolves around how you're better than most Amiibo collectors (or whoever) because you make a ton of money and govern your life properly.

For the record, I love your posts. Please keep bragging!

Lol can you please direct me to these people? I have obtained every figure and preorders the first time theyve went up for the last 3 waves but in no way, shape, form, or fashion did I casually click a few buttons with minimal time invested. Sorry but collecting these things has been worse and harder than my actual job, so I would not consider that "free" money. A figure or two, sure Ive gotten lucky but a full set, no way.

Oh, just remembered. If somehow the splatoon 3 pack is sold out in anyone's area and you aren't sure where to look, go to Vintage Stock.

You claiming to make six figures is an arbitrary point you've mentioned numerous times in this thread. It's clearly something you want us to know, and your point usually revolves around how you're better than most Amiibo collectors (or whoever) because you make a ton of money and govern your life properly.

Everyone ought to do themselves a favor and ignore this guy. He's full of nothing but shit (and maybe himself, it's hard to distinguish between the two).

It's not a claim, but simply a fact that I mentioned in reference to a post that someone else had made to get a point across. Nothing arbitrary about it, nor do I really care. I do find it both comical and entertaining the stories that others provide about their amiibo hunts and the neckbeards that they encounter.

I'm hoping that Best Buy puts the Meta Knight page back up for a while and lists some of the 3,000 units that were mentioned in previous posts, if those units actually do exist.

Just remember you are not on their time, they are on YOUR time. You are not the one that the other's have a problem with. Simply tell them "look, I'm waiting in line and I don't want to hear any more shit pour out of your mouth. STOP TALKING and consider taking a bath once and awhile. Have some RESPECT for other people's ears."

Honestly if no one informs these types, then they will just go on with their pathetic sad little existence and think that they are not in the wrong and that everything is OK. It's not. If you go out in public and are talked down to or made fun of, get your shit together. It's that simple.

I had one guy pull out a..... wait for it...... NINTENDO WALLET. I looked right at him and said "what are you five years old?" It's not cute, it's not funny, it's laughable at best. Maybe my outlook on the matter is why I make 6 figures and go to work in expensive suits everyday and why he is the stock boy at McDonalds?

Why should you care about how other people present themselves? Simple. They don't have it in them to know that they can do better for themselves. That's reason enough.

Someone said that a guy brought an airsoft gun and was swinging it around in line? Someone could have shot him dead and they would have walked no questions asked because they could say that they thought it was a real gun and a threat. Honestly that guy is lucky to be alive but I fear he won't be for long with that type of mentality.
Lol... It's amazing how many internet people make 6 figures and stroll around in expensive suits.

Tell me more.

And yet the toy collector is the one on ebay buying the collections for $1500 (which basically costed those selling it nothing due to all the doubles they picked up) and misprints for $2000!
Costed, eh? Spoken like a true 6-figurer. :)

I like we can let this trolling crap go on all day but if someone post one referral link then we're told to stop lol.
it cause trolling only affects the peace of this community and is a problem to other members not affecting cheapy only affecting the regulars here while referrals affect cheapy wallet and his wallet comes before members

My local bestbuy has 9 Meta knights in the stock and told me, "I can't buy one because they are sending them back to the manufacturer." I smell something fishy and it isn't wargod. Anyone else encounter this?

I had one guy pull out a..... wait for it...... NINTENDO WALLET. I looked right at him and said "what are you five years old?" It's not cute, it's not funny, it's laughable at best. Maybe my outlook on the matter is why I make 6 figures and go to work in expensive suits everyday and why he is the stock boy at McDonalds?
I have one of the NES controller wallets from Gamestop from 7 years ago and I don't work at McDonalds. Every time someone see's it they always say it looks nice and ask where I got it from. I don't feel childish for having a piece of material that shows an item I like. Keep in mind, you're the one arguing about toys (or "important role-playing materials" depending on how you look at it). Your argument is invalid.

So why is it his fault that some people (not all) are going to react negatively? If he gets a rise out of someone that's their own fault. I could give 2 shits about what someone legally purchases or if they take a picture of it. I could easily have purchased just as much yeasterday if not more and posted it on here. Simply not worth my time to drive to every store that carries amiibos and spend 8 hours doing it, but to each their own.

He's a consumer, that's his job...to purchase. Blame the manufacturer for not being able to meet the demand. NEVER blame a consumer in a situation like this. Difference of opinion? So be it, but good luck swaying others that agree with me.
I don't care how many amiibo he buys. That's his perogative. In the same way it's not tactful to walk in a church and yell "Hail Satan!" - it's not tactful to post a picture of 6 hard to find amiibo on a site where people usually get mad about buying doubles.

I don't care what he does when it comes to buying things but there is a right and wrong place to brag about buying multiples. CAG is not the right place (unless you post in the Shopping Discussions forum, which used to actually be the Bragging forum).

Got what and meta knight? I got marth a Wal-Mart and meta knight at Deptford best buy
I was there earlier today and overheard one of the employees talking about MK. He said they had five of them when they opened up and they lasted about a half hour so I'm guessing you were there at open? :) I've already got a MK but it would have been great trade bait for one of the other figures I'm looking for for my son.

Great find on the Marth too.

OMG! Just opened my 3-pack up to load those up. They all have this brand new beachball smell! lol..

Too bad its not the same as the brand new playstation 1 controller smell.. man that smell was addicting.

Now waits for E3 next amiibo release date. hope not on july 3rd, lol
Just watch. The date for the next Amiibos will be July 24 (because someone at Nintendo likes to piss off people in the DC/MD/VA area who like to go to conventions).

Thankfully, I pre-ordered Palutena (and Zero Suit Samus) from ShopTo (first time trying that site out), so hopefully this will not be a problem if my hunch turns out to be correct.

So far quality wise I have to say the Spatoon bunch is the best. Agree disagree?
Quite honestly, I liked the look for the Pac-Man Amiibo.

I was there earlier today and overheard one of the employees talking about MK. He said they had five of them when they opened up and they lasted about a half hour so I'm guessing you were there at open? :) I've already got a MK but it would have been great trade bait for one of the other figures I'm looking for for my son.

Great find on the Marth too.
I actually got it yesterday around, 5pm or 6pm. I went there to pick up Splatoon and the had 2 hanging there lol.

My local bestbuy has 9 Meta knights in the stock and told me, "I can't buy one because they are sending them back to the manufacturer." I smell something fishy and it isn't wargod. Anyone else encounter this?
Thats an employee holding them. You probably found the one employee who not only didn't know they came in and you alerted him, but that once he was aware decided he was gonna screw you over. I'd go back and tell the manager tomorrow that was what you were told by that employee and they will hopefully do good by you and get one shipped from another store. Hopefully the employee didn't do anything stupid like buy them and someone rats him out.

Is there a way to check stock for Meta Knight at BBY? It doesn't show up when I search, at least not on mobile...

EDIT* Just found it but it just shows OOS. No option to check store inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back