Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
when you guys buy amiibo in store, do you check the figure itself for minor pain flaws or things like that? I do that, and I would rather get a "perfect"figure with a damaged box than the other way around.

The only figure that I got with a slight damage in the box is the charizard, because the others available with a perfect box had some minor paint flaws
I do to the point where I will literally compare every figure on the pegs to get the one with the least amount of error. It's extremely unfortunate at these launch releases when they have them behind the counter and don't give you any time to look at more than one and you can walk away, look at your miraculous find, and realize it's got a terrible paint job.

RIP Greninja, my girlfriend and I each got one and they both look like they were painted by a blind person. :whistle2:&

Did they mention a new game with Chibi? I loved Chibi Robo on GCN. I have all three of his games (unless there are more I don't know about?).

I had 3 pending trades for Ness that all fell through. I have a spare Jigglypuff, Lucina, and Robin now but haven't had any luck trading any of them for Ness. Really surprised that not one person was able to come through. There are virtually no trades posted on Craig's list locally either. Guess I'll have to hope I get lucky and just find him.. I knew he'd be the hardest one to get; I was just hoping he wouldn't have been this difficult to trade for.

Do people expect Chibi Robo to be the first region exclusive Amiibo? Haven't read the details of the announcement nor which game(s) with which he will work, but am prepared to figure out the importing/Tenso thing if he's likely to be Japan only.
That was my first thought when I saw it this morning. I can't see this coming to the US at all. Chibi robo has never been that popular over here. Wasn't the last game a Walmart exclusive?
FYI they did announce a new 3ds game, a side scroller.

Did they mention a new game with Chibi? I loved Chibi Robo on GCN. I have all three of his games (unless there are more I don't know about?).

I had 3 pending trades for Ness that all fell through. I have a spare Jigglypuff, Lucina, and Robin now but haven't had any luck trading any of them for Ness. Really surprised that not one person was able to come through. There are virtually no trades posted on Craig's list locally either. Guess I'll have to hope I get lucky and just find him.. I knew he'd be the hardest one to get; I was just hoping he wouldn't have been this difficult to trade for.
Same here. I've got like 8 different ones to trade for a Ness, and no one is biting.

That was me in the Captain America! I had a feeling that was you reading CAG and watching the line XD. Was great to meet you and I look forward to seeing you at future amiibo hunts. I'll help you keep an eye out on the west side of Indianapolis (That is where I'm at).
Hah same to you xD. I remember you said you were trying to reset your password, and I just had met another CAG over at Targets. I'll let you know if I ever see anything on this side of town. I was so tired after camping Target's I was basically in a daze for most of that TRU line.

I have a ton of extra's if theres anything you might be missing now, just let me know.

Got my Robin from Amazon, came in pretty much perfect condition, thankfully (not sure if Amazon has been known to bend the packaging like some retailers). If I had Lucina, I could never have to worry about this again. Well, it'd be kinda cool to have Ganondorf, but I doubt he'll be too rare.

Looking at eBay, my god, is Lucina expensive. My backup plan was to trade my Rosalina or Shulk for one but not even they are going for as much as her. I could almost get her Figma for the price some people are paying (okay, maybe not, but I'd be a good chunk of the way there).

I have a ness coming from game stop going up for trade for amiibis from wave 5 or the one of the yoshis. Didnt know ness was hard to come by but gamestop

Going by eBay, Silver Mario is by far the biggest common. Of course we could see some restocking like we did on Mega Man and Sonic making one of the others more common.

amiibo - rough count

Silver Mario - 1,107

Pac Man - 596

Charizard - 568

Wario - 521

Jigglypuff - 397

Greninja - 357

Lucina - 300

Robin - 270

Ness - 266
Thank you for those numbers and holy shitballs on that Ness. I got my one that fateful day at GS but really feeling it for the people that are true fans of that franchise and are missing out.

Glad to see Charizard is a bit more findable because Best Buy shipped mine crappy and the box is bent so I'm thinking I'll get another one if I can find it for MSRP. Thank goodness my Robin and Lucina arrived in excellent shape.

I have a ness coming from game stop going up for trade for amiibis from wave 5 or the one of the yoshis. Didnt know ness was hard to come by but gamestop
Yep, looks like itll be the first one I pay scalper prices for unfortunately. I do have Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit, and Palutena preordered tho. ;)

That was my first thought when I saw it this morning. I can't see this coming to the US at all. Chibi robo has never been that popular over here. Wasn't the last game a Walmart exclusive?
FYI they did announce a new 3ds game, a side scroller.
If it doesnt come in the us ill have to import my need for chibirobo amiibro is real

Why would you trade Ness for those? They aren't even released here yet, they might be uncommon at the rarest. Ness is looking to be one of the rarest Amiibos so far.

This just happened to me:I have been looking for the amiibo meta knight forever. I was able to check at another besbtuy Store via SKU number 1375009 that my local Bestbuy in MI had 15 amiibos available. I went to the store yesterday, 5/30/15 around 410pm and talked to a sales representative, and they told me they were sold out. I then told him I just had talked to another agent from another store and they were supposed to have 15. The agent checks his system and tells me yes, they had 15. He told me: "great, I was looking for one as well". He went to the backroom and talked to another representative about having this particular amiibo in stock and they all seemed excited.

He came back and told me they had none. He had just told me they had 15 and I saw the system myself, 15 were available. He seemed bothered when I confronted him, and he and went back to "look again". I waited 35 minutes and they were just wandering around. I finally decided to give my name and number to them so the could call me once they "find it". They never called me.

I then called around 820pm and asked another representative to check if they had this item via sku. She says"yes, we do sir". I then asked her to put one aside that I was on my way to pick it up. She then puts me on hold. Another person picks up the phone and says he is the manager, and asks what was going on. I said I did not know what happened, I did not ask for the manager and I just asked the previous person to put one amiibo on hold for me. Then he says they were all sold out after I had just talked to them seconds ago and they confirmed they had plenty in stock.

I was so upset that I did not ask this "manager"his name. I am not even sure if he was the manager or another employee trying to keep the amiibo for himself. The way he was talking over the phone was not very professional, so I guess it was not the manager himself.

This morning I decided to go over there again and try my luck. I talked to a different representative and he checked the system via sku and said he had in stock, but was in the backroom. He left, brought a box full of metaknights, and gave me 2 (I left plenty left for others, will open one and keep one sealed). In less than 5 minutes, I was out of the door with the meta knight that was supposed to be "sold out" yesterday.

That sucks right? Employees trying to keep the amiibos for themselves

This just happened to me:I have been looking for the amiibo meta knight forever. I was able to check at another besbtuy Store via SKU number 1375009 that my local Bestbuy in MI had 15 amiibos available. I went to the store yesterday, 5/30/15 around 410pm and talked to a sales representative, and they told me they were sold out. I then told him I just had talked to another agent from another store and they were supposed to have 15. The agent checks his system and tells me yes, they had 15. He told me: "great, I was looking for one as well". He went to the backroom and talked to another representative about having this particular amiibo in stock and they all seemed excited.

He came back and told me they had none. He had just told me they had 15 and I saw the system myself, 15 were available. He seemed bothered when I confronted him, and he and went back to "look again". I waited 35 minutes and they were just wandering around. I finally decided to give my name and number to them so the could call me once they "find it". They never called me.

I then called around 820pm and asked another representative to check if they had this item via sku. She says"yes, we do sir". I then asked her to put one aside that I was on my way to pick it up. She then puts me on hold. Another person picks up the phone and says he is the manager, and asks what was going on. I said I did not know what happened, I did not ask for the manager and I just asked the previous person to put one amiibo on hold for me. Then he says they were all sold out after I had just talked to them seconds ago and they confirmed they had plenty in stock.

I was so upset that I did not ask this "manager"his name. I am not even sure if he was the manager or another employee trying to keep the amiibo for himself. The way he was talking over the phone was not very professional, so I guess it was not the manager himself.

This morning I decided to go over there again and try my luck. I talked to a different representative and he checked the system via sku and said he had in stock, but was in the backroom. He left, brought a box full of metaknights, and gave me 2 (I left plenty left for others, will open one and keep one sealed). In less than 5 minutes, I was out of the door with the meta knight that was supposed to be "sold out" yesterday.

No employees were 'trying to keep the amiibos for themselves'. They sat in the warehouse until someone discovered them and you even got first crack. So with a little elbow grease you were able to score 2 Meta Knights. I'm really not sure what you are complaining about.

You should send Best Buy an email about this and which store this was. I complained one time about having a terrible experience trading in a game and the guy ended up giving me 10 dollar gift card. Never know, might get something. It's def. worth the trouble, just a simple email. Be polite, write professionally, and wheather you get something free or not, at least those pieces of shits will get in trouble. You don't owe them anything plus you went there two times and had to deal with their crappy services over the phone.

It could be that they were trying to keep them but it sounds more like they just didn't want to look for/deal with unloading or unpacking them. If they told you they were sold out when you knew they weren't and they didn't actually disappear that night, then the employees didn't take them, at least not all of them. If there was enough that they ended up giving you 2 the next day they probably still had a few.

My guess is that they didn't feel like looking for them in the back. Who knows.

Even if they did not want to it is part of their job. I worked at BB a long time ago whole in law school and now I am a Regional HR Manager. People deserve decent customer service. I would write someone up if they were rude over the phone or did not want to do their job. Brick and mortar are losing business to online/Amazon every day and crappy customer service contributes to that.

Got my Robin from Amazon, came in pretty much perfect condition, thankfully (not sure if Amazon has been known to bend the packaging like some retailers). If I had Lucina, I could never have to worry about this again. Well, it'd be kinda cool to have Ganondorf, but I doubt he'll be too rare.

Looking at eBay, my god, is Lucina expensive. My backup plan was to trade my Rosalina or Shulk for one but not even they are going for as much as her. I could almost get her Figma for the price some people are paying (okay, maybe not, but I'd be a good chunk of the way there).
Dude I would have traded you her for Shulk in a heart beat if you'd been in the trading forums. Shulk is one of the ones I'm missing that I really wanted. She's already claimed though.

Woo hoo!!!! Just got back from BBY and they had one lonely Meta knight up front by the registers. I feel lucky today! Lol

This was Rancho Cucamonga, CA Store

This is my May 29th story. "I was able to get a brand new Pit yesterday in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." If you remember this from a while ago you're cool, lol!

This is my May 29th story. "I was able to get a brand new Pit yesterday in New York. I'm coming home on the train and it was packed. Some dick head fucked up the box I was about to swing on him. Shit got me hot." If you remember this from a while ago you're cool, lol!
Oh no he's hot! Lol! Farrari you still got that thugged out rappaport gif? Pure gold.

Knowing how ebay prices are... if anyone is in the South Jersey area, All Things Video Games in Woodbury had 2 Robins and 2 Lucinas as of yesterday afternoon... $35 each I was told.

My main go-to, Level Up in the Hamilton Mall, did not get Robins or Lucinas yet.

Knowing how ebay prices are... if anyone is in the South Jersey area, All Things Video Games in Woodbury had 2 Robins and 2 Lucinas as of yesterday afternoon... $35 each I was told.

My main go-to, Level Up in the Hamilton Mall, did not get Robins or Lucinas yet.
Woah, a local CAG! Mays Landing Toys r Us was sweet yesterday! No line waiting for me, and I got everything I wanted except Lucina.

Any of the CAGs in the Clinton Township/Sterling Heights, MI area, the Toys R Us in Sterling Heights (on the corner of Hall and Schoenherr) have tons of single and 3 pack Splatoon amiibos, Pac-Man and maybe even still some Greninjas. I picked up the lone Greninja they had sitting near the register, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. If they still had one on display 2 days after launch, they might have even more in the back. I can't compliment TRU enough for how well they handled releasing this wave. I will happily pay the $1 markup and buy all my Amiibos from them because of how little hassle it was to secure pretty much this entire wave.

went to a best buy today to see if i could score MK. guy asked me what I was looking for. told him, and he immediately said that they wouldn't be getting them in. I had him check the computer, and while they didn't have any in transit I did peek to see that they have 2100 in the DC.

Woah, a local CAG! Mays Landing Toys r Us was sweet yesterday! No line waiting for me, and I got everything I wanted except Lucina.
Yep, I was at both Target and ToysrUs Friday morning. Was #5 at Target, but got Robin/Lucina at TRU after that so must have been in front of you

2dGqFUWl.jpg

A random encounter in Walmart this morning.

I was tempted to drop in at Toys R Us to see what they had, but I assume Greninja inventory is all long gone by now.

Yep, I was at both Target and ToysrUs Friday morning. Was #5 at Target, but got Robin/Lucina at TRU after that so must have been in front of you
You definitely were ahead of me. I went there at noon lol. It was such a long work week for me I didn't feel like waiting in line all night. For the next wave though, I want to set something up with other locals... like a smash bros / mario kart 8 overnight parking lot game night while waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back