Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So at Gamestop today. Pac-Man, Siver Mario and Splatoon Boy or Girl is just chilling everywhere it seems.

Got my Jigglypuff in today at least. Not my main char since I go with Kirby. But if any CAGer is looking, sig has a trade thing.

Btw... anyone know about Palutena? Is she now in July? Anyone seen preorder news in US for her?
Pit and palutena is July. No date. Id expect pre orders to go up around e3

I picked up the Splatoon/Wii U bundle yesterday along with Pac-Man, Silver Mario, Boy Splatoon, and Girl Splatoon. My son doesn't want the girl and thinking about returning it, is that figure common? (new to Amiibo)

It's already confirmed that Target will be getting a Wave 5 exclusive. Palutena fits the feminine characters like Rosalina and Jigglypuff. I'll bet you 1 Palutena amiibo that Palutena belongs to Target. :boxing:
Maybe the exclusives for Wave 5 will be the unannounced ones (e.g., ROB, Game & Watch, Duck Hunt). Nintendo has to finish this up quickly, and really doing the complete SSB set before Sept. would give them a chance to assess which ones to re-print for Black Friday and the holidays. They can release those with the new series for Christmas.

I picked up the Splatoon/Wii U bundle yesterday along with Pac-Man, Silver Mario, Boy Splatoon, and Girl Splatoon. My son doesn't want the girl and thinking about returning it, is that figure common? (new to Amiibo)
Yes the splatoon boy and girl are common, been in stock at walmart.com all day

Both the inkling girl and boy appear to be common given their availability in most retail stores currently

since I am late to the amiibo party, how did the pre=order work for exclusives such as greninja, jiggly, Ness? Does the link go live in the middle of the night and everything is OOS in seconds? do they announce when the preorders will go live?
Terrible, of those three the easiest to preorder was Jiggly IMO.

Greninja preorders went up on the TRU site at 3am on a random day and that was it, lasted I think 20 minutes, so if you got an alert and actually woke up you could get it. Then they opened up in store preorders for 1 day, announced that day on a Friday morning so massive lines formed and only had about 8-12 preorders allowed per store. However most stores got a good quantity in on release day, but most sold out that day.

Gamestop never took online preorders for any of the wave 4 amiibos, the only way to preorder was to do a web instore, when it was announced people flocked to GS and the whole system shut down from the amount of traffic, so unfortunately if you were at a store with a line, the first person may have been the only person who got anything ordered, since some people reported it took 1-2 hours just to place a single order. I was lucky and made it to a GS a few hours after it started with no line and was able to place a Ness and Splatoon 3 pack order right before they ran OOS. Plus this was the only preorders they took, they never took actual instore preorders, it was only web instore orders. On release day, most stores only got 1-2 in for stock for Ness

Jiggly preorders weren''t too bad, but weren't open for long when they went up. I know they went up at least twice, because I got in on the second try, but you really had to stay on top of it to get one. Again, stock was ok at stores on release day, but not as plentiful as Greninja, and majority of stores sold out first day.

Terrible, of those three the easiest to preorder was Jiggly IMO.

Greninja preorders went up on the TRU site at 3am on a random day and that was it, lasted I think 20 minutes, so if you got an alert and actually woke up you could get it. Then they opened up in store preorders for 1 day, announced that day on a Friday morning so massive lines formed and only had about 8-12 preorders allowed per store. However most stores got a good quantity in on release day, but most sold out that day.

Gamestop never took online preorders for any of the wave 4 amiibos, the only way to preorder was to do a web instore, when it was announced people flocked to GS and the whole system shut down from the amount of traffic, so unfortunately if you were at a store with a line, the first person may have been the only person who got anything ordered, since some people reported it took 1-2 hours just to place a single order. I was lucky and made it to a GS a few hours after it started with no line and was able to place a Ness and Splatoon 3 pack order right before they ran OOS. Plus this was the only preorders they took, they never took actual instore preorders, it was only web instore orders. On release day, most stores only got 1-2 in for stock for Ness

Jiggly preorders weren''t too bad, but weren't open for long when they went up. I know they went up at least twice, because I got in on the second try, but you really had to stay on top of it to get one. Again, stock was ok at stores on release day, but not as plentiful as Greninja, and majority of stores sold out first day.
The easiest to pre-order was Ness. I ordered two on separate transactions while in GameStop.

I don't call pre-ordering on some random day at 2-3 AM easy for Jigglypuff, forget Target. The same goes for TRU with Greninja as well. When all this Amiibo stuff is done with, I will do my best to avoid those retailers for good.

Well my experiences with this wave continue to be a mix of some good, and alot of bad. Got my Robin from Walmart today, and surprise surprise no extra packing material and a fun crease on my package. I am a "in box" collector/displayer of these figures so having 1 figure with a big ass crease is something that I find unacceptable. Sent off and email, and we'll see if they do anything about it. At this point, having issues with both them and BB this wave I'm not sure I am going to be able to keep up collecting. Online preorders are basically the only way to get them in my area (if you are lucky enough to be online for those 2 minutes).

The easiest to pre-order was Ness. I ordered two on separate transactions while in GameStop.

I don't call pre-ordering on some random day at 2-3 AM easy for Jigglypuff, forget Target. The same goes for TRU with Greninja as well. When all this Amiibo stuff is done with, I will do my best to avoid those retailers for good.
Jiggly didn't go up at 3am. It was during the day, early to late afternoon, I believe, and went up at least twice, but it definitely was easier to preorder than Greninja.

Jiggly didn't go up at 3am. It was during the day, early to late afternoon, I believe, and went up at least twice, but it definitely was easier to preorder than Greninja.
Yeah Jigglypuff first went up 2-3 hours before GS started opening preorders. The 2nd time might have been a day or two later. Then came the several 3am reopenings.

Well my experiences with this wave continue to be a mix of some good, and alot of bad. Got my Robin from Walmart today, and surprise surprise no extra packing material and a fun crease on my package. I am a "in box" collector/displayer of these figures so having 1 figure with a big ass crease is something that I find unacceptable. Sent off and email, and we'll see if they do anything about it. At this point, having issues with both them and BB this wave I'm not sure I am going to be able to keep up collecting. Online preorders are basically the only way to get them in my area (if you are lucky enough to be online for those 2 minutes).
I've had bad luck myself this wave with my Robin from Walmart arriving with a lot of creasing and my Splatoon Triple Pack from Amazon being shipped in a tiny box bending the top of the package. However Best Buy has to take the prize with some smart ass from their packing department who must've thought it was funny using some kind of box cutter or sort to mark an X on the back of my Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man boxes. Still waiting on my Lucina from Walmart and Greninja and Jigglypuff to arrive. I didn't have any issues with Ness as it came in a huge box with a ton of bubble bags.

I didn't have issues pre-ordering Greninja from Toys R Us' site. It was around 12 or 2 AM Central when I did so.

I will call lamestop today. i ordered 1 ness and 1 charizard. I end up 2 charizard in the box today. They think i can't tell the different!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhh

My WIS Shulk arrived in great condition. Has anyone found differences between this print and the original like with Villager?

I've had bad luck myself this wave with my Robin from Walmart arriving with a lot of creasing and my Splatoon Triple Pack from Amazon being shipped in a tiny box bending the top of the package. However Best Buy has to take the prize with some smart ass from their packing department who must've thought it was funny using some kind of box cutter or sort to mark an X on the back of my Wario, Charizard, and Pac-Man boxes. Still waiting on my Lucina from Walmart and Greninja and Jigglypuff to arrive. I didn't have any issues with Ness as it came in a huge box with a ton of bubble bags.
Wow! My Wario from Best Buy also had an X on the back. However my Charizard/Pac-Man/Lucina/Robin were spared.

I don't want to return it because of the GCU discount, plus it's unlikely I'll have an opportunity to exchange it. I have a backup preorder from Walmart, hoping for that to arrive unscathed!

Wow! My Wario from Best Buy also had an X on the back. However my Charizard/Pac-Man/Lucina/Robin were spared.

I don't want to return it because of the GCU discount, plus it's unlikely I'll have an opportunity to exchange it. I have a backup preorder from Walmart, hoping for that to arrive unscathed!
same with my pac-man from bestbuy... any way to complain about this? :\

Went in to a local game stop that had a shulk in stock online. Was told they couldn't be sold till tomorrow. Am I being fleeced?

same with my pac-man from bestbuy... any way to complain about this? :\
I called Best Buy and they said they still have in the computer they're available to reship a replacement however it's listed for July 2nd but that it could change to a sooner date. However I have to resend back the damaged Amiibos within 14 days. I may just go ahead and risk it seeing as these 3 may be common and they're just sold out because they only came out (similar to how Sonic, Mega Man, Shiek etc were hard to get on release), and I recall back when Meta Knight was released someone stated they did a similar situation who had a damaged one and ended up getting a replacement that eventually got shipped to them.

I think it's best for anyone who got an Amiibo like this to just call anyway and complain to prevent such an ordeal to happen with future shipments seeing as I recall they fixed the complaints of Amiibos being shipped in mailing bags.

Went in to a local game stop that had a shulk in stock online. Was told they couldn't be sold till tomorrow. Am I being fleeced?
I'd just go as the store opens tomorrow and ask for him. And if they say they sold him, then call corporate and report exactly what happened.

I got my Ness but it came it crushed form lol will gamestop fix this or am I out of luck
If your collecting these I would put it up on eBay right away and it should still sell for 45 or so. Then just buy one in better condition and you might have to shell out 10 bucks but it will probably become harder to do if you wait. Sucks that this happened but that's what I would do.

Question about Jigglypuff: is anyone's Jigglypuff have a line along the bottom of her that goes from hip to hip? Couldn't find any pics with this and I'm afraid its a defect.

Question about Jigglypuff: is anyone's Jigglypuff have a line along the bottom of her that goes from hip to hip? Couldn't find any pics with this and I'm afraid its a defect.
Like a clear kind of line, that makes the pink slightly discolored?
One of mine has that, but you can hardly see it unless you turn off all the lights lol.

Like a clear kind of line, that makes the pink slightly discolored?
One of mine has that, but you can hardly see it unless you turn off all the lights lol.
This one is prominent. Almost looks like two pieces were used to form the Jigglypuff. Kind of a bummer really but wih it being an exclusive I'm not going to have any luck finding a replacement. I'll live with it.

This one is prominent. Almost looks like two pieces were used to form the Jigglypuff. Kind of a bummer really but wih it being an exclusive I'm not going to have any luck finding a replacement. I'll live with it.
Its supposed to be that way, it looks like two pieces b/c it is two pieces I believe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back