Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my gamestop order yesterday. 6 pack with extra Ness thanks to the survey call. Everything came in perfect condition, except pacman. I open them anyways though so I don't care.

I did. They're about equal in terms of value but it's unlikely most people even got one, let alone multiples of either.

Well, except that one guy who got two whole boxes of them.
Disagree. Ness has been selling consistently on Ebay and Craigslist in the $60+ range and Robin and Lucina have been in the $45-$50 range. I personally think Ness was harder to get simply because it never went up online and if you got unlucky at your local GS store during that one afternoon with preorders, you were out of luck.Robin and Lucina both were available from multiple retailers both for preorder and on release day, albeit in very limited quantities.

IMO Ness should be getting 80-100 on eBay due to the amount that's on there. I bought one for 54 which I feel isn't bad considering the rarity

Disagree. Ness has been selling consistently on Ebay and Craigslist in the $60+ range and Robin and Lucina have been in the $45-$50 range. I personally think Ness was harder to get simply because it never went up online and if you got unlucky at your local GS store during that one afternoon with preorders, you were out of luck.Robin and Lucina both were available from multiple retailers both for preorder and on release day, albeit in very limited quantities.
I can't find a single Ness that sold over 60 bucks in the last day or two on eBay. Your local Craigslist could be hot, though.

lol... WTF?!?! Are you seriously getting values from Craigslist? Those idiots still have Silver Marios for $30 plus when I could still find them in store.
some people are dumb enough to buy them though or just too lazy to go search. CL got me $100 today selling amiibo so...

Jigglypuff isnt silver mario either. so he can easily make a decent profit on cl.

some people are dumb enough to buy them though or just too lazy to go search. CL got me $100 today selling amiibo so...

Jigglypuff isnt silver mario either. so he can easily make a decent profit on cl.
I don't get Craigslist sometimes, they value stuff off of eBay but don't have to pay the shipping or the fees. I lost all faith in humanity when I saw some guy pay $20 for PacMan in the parking lot.

I don't get Craigslist sometimes, they value stuff off of eBay but don't have to pay the shipping or the fees. I lost all faith in humanity when I saw some guy pay $20 for PacMan in the parking lot.
People don't do their research and others have much more money to waste than you and me. Granted this is CAG so anything over retail in my opinion is a "waste."

So how rare do you guys think Jigglypuff is/will be? Have an extra I'm trying to figure out what it's worth in a trade.
Jigglypuff has similar production numbers as Rosalina and Luma. Her value is low right now cause everyone and their mother is trying unloading her on ebay. Rosalina was exactly the same back in February, now Rosalina is one of the more sought after amiibos, secondary prices has also jumped to $45 to $50 from $30 two weeks after release.

Update: my amiibo collection so far (minus the Ike I have coming from Gamestop). When all is said and done, my 4-tier display case will be full of nothing but Amiibos.

[attachment=14719:amiibo 2.jpg]

[attachment=14720:amiibo.jpg]

I list my stuff for about 15 - 20% below eBay values when it comes to my CL postings. There's a value to the buyer in having to just get it immediately instead of waiting for it in the mail. Sometimes, it's convenient because people commute on their way to work/home. I'd say less than 10% of the people I meet are driving from out of town. And those people are the ones that are searching for rare items like CE's. And some people just don't really shop online much as I'll occasionally see buyers using eBay guest accounts. Personally for me, it's preferable since I actually report my eBay profits to the IRS.

Dang, if people wanna share they filled their pockets with selling amiibo, let them. I don't know why all the complaining. Its not like y'all have never flipped any video games in your life. After all, its just a simple toy, don't cry.

Sorry, ate too much twinkies today...

Dang, if people wanna share they filled their pockets with selling amiibo, let them. I don't know why all the complaining. Its not like y'all have never flipped any video games in your life. After all, its just a simple toy, don't cry. Sorry, ate too much twinkies today...
I bought extras to trade, but it looks like in order to get the NA WFT, Villager, and Ness I'm going to have to sell them, and then buy them off eBay.

Dang, if people wanna share they filled their pockets with selling amiibo, let them. I don't know why all the complaining. Its not like y'all have never flipped any video games in your life. After all, its just a simple toy, don't cry. Sorry, ate too much twinkies today...
Cause its taking away the extras they could have bought in hopes of ripping off someone with a villager duh

Cause its taking away the extras they could have bought in hopes of ripping off someone with a villager duh
If people are willing to pay that much for a Villager, that's their problem, so if I see 3 Villagers @ any store I'll pick 'em up and flip the heck out of them.

Best Buy initially shipped me an extra Wario and Charizard instead of my Robin and Lucina despite the packing list being correct.  I called and they said they could re-ship it but it wouldn't be in stock til the 23rd.  Luckily for me, they actually shipped them out soon after and I got them both yesterday.  They were shipped even before I dropped off the return package.  I guess Best Buy keeps extra stock for cases like this?  I was pretty annoyed but glad they fixed it quickly.  Makes me wonder if someone at the distribution center was being shady.

Best Buy initially shipped me an extra Wario and Charizard instead of my Robin and Lucina despite the packing list being correct. I called and they said they could re-ship it but it wouldn't be in stock til the 23rd. Luckily for me, they actually shipped them out soon after and I got them both yesterday. They were shipped even before I dropped off the return package. I guess Best Buy keeps extra stock for cases like this? I was pretty annoyed but glad they fixed it quickly. Makes me wonder if someone at the distribution center was being shady.
Probably not. They have had to ship out millions of orders over the past week, so they were probably just overworked and sick and tired of looking at the things and slipped up. If they were being shady, a smart person would have stolen out of the backup inventory - not an outgoing package

Probably not. They have had to ship out millions of orders over the past week, so they were probably just overworked and sick and tired of looking at the things and slipped up. If they were being shady, a smart person would have stolen out of the backup inventory - not an outgoing package
Ah. Well it would have been nice if the opposite mistake happened and I got an extra Robin and Lucina, lol. I guess it could have been an honest mistake since I did have a seperate order placed for Charizard and Wario. That could have also been a convenient cover. I dunno, when I see dudes posting pictures of boxes of these things to sell to people who were willing to wait 8-10+ hours to get them I first expect shadyness.

If it's Ness for BOTH then yes make that trade. If it's Ness for one I would say keep Ness. I think Ness is going to be the next true unicorn. Even NWT didn't get a shipment!
You mean Nintendo World? They got at least 300. That's where I got mine. It was jigglypuff they didn't get yet.
But yes I agree. Ness is definitely going to be a true unicorn. It was impossible to get unless you pre-ordered, waited in line at NW, or got lucky on release day.
Orr got even luckier and received like three boxes full of them. :p

Ready to move on to Dark Pit, Palutena, Chibi Robo. 

C'mon Best Buy, Target, GameStop. Put up the pre-orders already.   :whistle2:

[quote name="jer0009" post="12726052" timestamp="1433444783"]

Ness was not impossible to get....I got my three just walking into gamestop stores[/quote

That is what most would call lucky, as every gamestop around me had 2-4 people camping out for the 1-3 Ness those gamestop received before Target even opened.
Ditto to that. There's about 5-6 Game Stops within 20 miles of where I am and the latest I heard someone at the front of the line got there was over 2 hours before the store opened which as you said, is before Target even opened.

Ness was not impossible to get....I got my three just walking into gamestop stores
5 GSes near me (within 10 minutes driving distance), only 1 got enough to fulfill preorders (no extras) and the other 4 couldn't fulfill all preorders (one store had 4 preordes but only got 1 Ness). Crazy how inconsistent the distribution for Ness appears to be.

Ready to move on to Dark Pit, Palutena, Chibi Robo.

C'mon Best Buy, Target, GameStop. Put up the pre-orders already. :whistle2:
I'm guessing preorders will be up after the Nintendo Digital Event for E3 on June 16th? Hopefully another kind Best Buy employee on Reddit gives us the heads up again. Getting preorders in at GCU pricing was the best thing about the last wave for me. Funny that it's rumored GameStop won't take preorders for future waves.

That is what most would call lucky, as every gamestop around me had 2-4 people camping out for the 1-3 Ness those gamestop received before Target even opened.
Yeah, there were people camping out here from like 7AM and the stores only got 1 per. I find it funny they would let him just walk in and buy 3 of a super indemand item

Funny that it's rumored GameStop won't take preorders for future waves.
Maybe they shouldn't. 4 was a fucking clusterfuck. If anything they should stop using that god awful WebInStore shit and just put it on the website. I have seen the system crash twice now while trying to order something indemand (For the N3DS XL's, then for Amiibos)

Woops double post

Yeah, there were people camping out here from like 7AM and the stores only got 1 per. I find it funny they would let him just walk in and buy 3 of a super indemand item
Yeah that's crazy. There's about 5 GS around here. One was across the target I was lined up at. A dude came, realized he wasn't going to get Lucina and robin with the amount of people in line, so he walked there and 4 people were already waiting/claiming the one ness and 2 Lucina/robin that gamestop had in stock posted on the door.
For the rest of the morning at every line all I heard were stories of people driving to get ness, seeing the line/inventory and leaving dissapointed.
Then this guy is like, "I got three, it was easy."

Maybe they shouldn't. 4 was a fucking clusterfuck. If anything they should stop using that god awful WebInStore shit and just put it on the website. I have seen the system crash twice now while trying to order something indemand (For the N3DS XL's, then for Amiibos)

Woops double post
Your in luck they won't be. Employee said the same thing to me. That pre orders were getting out of control for GS and they are going to just handle it via the day they release and single file line to the register. Something about a possible ticket system. But who knows. GameStop says a lot of stuff and it never happens lol

Ness was not impossible to get....I got my three just walking into gamestop stores
your claim is highly improbable. 3 separate stores? post receipts with time stamps. you can block out the store location too, but it would be nice to get an idea of the stores' proximity to one another.

5 GSes near me (within 10 minutes driving distance), only 1 got enough to fulfill preorders (no extras) and the other 4 couldn't fulfill all preorders (one store had 4 preordes but only got 1 Ness). Crazy how inconsistent the distribution for Ness appears to be.
preorders? does that mean some people had their WiS order sent to the Gamestop? that's really foolish imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back