Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear to god if there's a line outside nintendo world for their shirts that NoA hates its fans
The shirts are for NW. NW's anniversary. Why would they sell them anywhere else...? EDIT: Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying, but it sounds like you think NOA should be mass producing these shirts that are limited edition so there wouldn't be a line...that's probably only there because they are limited edition.
I'm sure most people are just there for the coin. I want the coin, but I can't justify going there just for a coin as much as I want it.

The shirts are for NW. NW's anniversary. Why would they sell them anywhere else...? EDIT: Maybe I'm misinterpreting what your saying, but it sounds like you think NOA should be mass producing these shirts that are limited edition so there wouldn't be a line...that's probably only there because they are limited edition.
I'm sure most people are just there for the coin. I want the coin, but I can't justify going there just for a coin as much as I want it.
More why the hell you'd only print 1000 coins, it's such a small number is ridiculous

I guess it does symbolize what NW has been for the past year, what better way to celebrate the store where people wait 16 hours in line for limited quantities of stuff by selling limited quantities of something that people will wait in line for

More why the hell you'd only print 1000 coins, it's such a small number is ridiculous
Probably because they're remembering the Pokemon Center's limited edition anniversary items sitting on shelves for months/years. When the store was closing, and a bunch of stuff was on sale I bought a lot of anniversary memorabilia. XD
I really don't think they get how much more popular this store is to the Pokemon Center. I think of that everytime I go and watch tons of people cut the line because Nintendo can't be bothered to get their own security for release days..

I guess it does symbolize what NW has been for the past year, what better way to celebrate the store where people wait 16 hours in line for limited quantities of stuff by selling limited quantities of something that people will wait in line for
Sounds about right.

Probably because they're remembering the Pokemon Center's limited edition anniversary items sitting on shelves for months/years. When the store was closing, and a bunch of stuff was on sale I bought a lot of anniversary memorabilia. XD
I really don't think they get how much more popular this store is to the Pokemon Center. I think of that everytime I go and watch tons of people cut the line because Nintendo can't be bothered to get their own security for release days..
Honestly, if I were paid something like $15 an hour to patrol a line of neckbeards and manchildren after midnight, I'd stop caring too

Honestly, if I were paid something like $15 an hour to patrol a line of neckbeards and manchildren after midnight, I'd stop caring too
Their job isn't to police the line. Rockefeller centers pays them to: make sure no one is too loud, no one kills/harms anybody, and no one blocks the walkway/street.
So of course they don't care. That's why Nintendo should actually hire some damn security...but they only do that on console release days.

Their job isn't to police the line. Rockefeller centers pays them to: make sure no one is too loud, no one kills/harms anybody, and no one blocks the walkway/street.
So of course they don't care. That's why Nintendo should actually hire some damn security...but they only do that on console release days.
They don't really care if you jump the line either. For the Wave 4 you had 7+ people call out one guy who jumped the line right as wristbands were being handed out and the worker did not give a shit.

They don't really care if you jump the line either. For the Wave 4 you had 7+ people call out one guy who jumped the line right as wristbands were being handed out and the worker did not give a shit.
Lol 7?
My group counted what place we were in line at around 7:30am (148-152). When the wristbands were given out we were suddenly around 230.
Some lady behind us told the organizers giving out the wristbands, dozens of us spoke up as well, they didn't care. They can't care, because no one is being paid to actually watch the line that way. So there's nothing they can do about it.

EDIT: Sorry about clogging up the thread with NW talk everybody. It's just that much of a mess to line up there for anything rare/limited.

I'd ask if Lucina went up on Gamestop's site outside of the 6 pack, but I know it won't make a difference. Either way, I won't be getting one.

Also, I just opened my Robin. The sword is pretty flimsy, but the detail on everything else is pretty great!

I'd ask if Lucina went up on Gamestop's site outside of the 6 pack, but I know it won't make a difference. Either way, I won't be getting one.

Also, I just opened my Robin. The sword is pretty flimsy, but the detail on everything else is pretty great!
If it makes you feel better, no Lucina outside of the 6 pack.

The Executive Producer from Disney Infinity had this to say about amiibo....

http://disneyinfinitycodes.com/john-vignocchis-game-informer-podcast-interview-recap/

Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?

There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hard core fans. They don’t want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelfs well!

How rare is silver mario guys?

There were 4 of them at my local frys. I picked one up but was just wondering. I have been out of the amiibo game for a while now. 

How rare is silver mario guys?

There were 4 of them at my local frys. I picked one up but was just wondering. I have been out of the amiibo game for a while now.
Silver Mario is common to uncommon. Just retuen it if you were planning on flipping it for profit because that just wont happe.

No, I wanted one for my collection anyways once I saw it, I was just wondering if i needed to drive back at opening tomorrow lol >

Nintendo world store is stupid to me. It's meant for the locals or near by towns to shop at or if someone visits. No one travels from out of state to go shop there.

If Nintendo wanted to be fair they would offer those limited shirts on their official website for everyone to be able to order. The amount produced and sold has nothing to do with where you sell the items. It can be just as limited and sold online but gives everyone who wants one a chance.

Instead Nintendo makes a store in NY and stocks it with limited edition items that like 50% of the inventory walking out is going up on listings on ebay price gouging people. They did the same with a pokemon store.

Nintendo has became a marketing powerhouse and they are good at making handhelds. There a piece of shit company for consoles for like 3 generations now.

They make more money on amiibos then their consoles.

Wii and anything Nintendo has high sales because soccer moms and families with kids treat the name Nintendo like royalty from the NES and super Nintendo days. The cool older kids went on to Sega and mortal Kombat with blood. Just like today the Wii U is the kids console still and the hardcore older gamers tend to focus on xbox one and PS4.

Most gaming sites most people tell you their wii has been a door stop compared to their xbox360 or PS3. Yet the Wii has higher sales then both xbox360 and the PS3.

PROOF sales mean shit! Because the wii is still the red headed step child of that generation of consoles with the highest sales.

It's the console of that generation that gets bashed the most with the most hate and has the highest sales.

If anything that is further proof of my previous statement when I said Nintendo is a marketing powerhouse. They know how to market kids and their soccer moms really well.

Nintendo world store is stupid to me. It's meant for the locals or near by towns to shop at or if someone visits. No one travels from out of state to go shop there.

If Nintendo wanted to be fair they would offer those limited shirts on their official website for everyone to be able to order. The amount produced and sold has nothing to do with where you sell the items. It can be just as limited and sold online but gives everyone who wants one a chance.

Instead Nintendo makes a store in NY and stocks it with limited edition items that like 50% of the inventory walking out is going up on listings on ebay price gouging people. They did the same with a pokemon store.

Nintendo has became a marketing powerhouse and they are good at making handhelds. There a piece of shit company for consoles for like 3 generations now.

They make more money on amiibos then their consoles.
Why would they sell a NWS shirt outside of NWS? That makes no sense to me.

Wii and anything Nintendo has high sales because soccer moms and families with kids treat the name Nintendo like royalty from the NES and super Nintendo days. The cool older kids went on to Sega and mortal Kombat with blood. Just like today the Wii U is the kids console still and the hardcore older gamers tend to focus on xbox one and PS4.

Most gaming sites most people tell you their wii has been a door stop compared to their xbox360 or PS3. Yet the Wii has higher sales then both xbox360 and the PS3.

PROOF sales mean shit! Because the wii is still the red headed step child of that generation of consoles with the highest sales.

It's the console of that generation that gets bashed the most with the most hate and has the highest sales.

If anything that is further proof of my previous statement when I said Nintendo is a marketing powerhouse. They know how to market kids and their soccer moms really well.
So nintendo is for babies and soccer moms, but you are upset you can't get a limited edition shirt? I'm sort of confused as to what you are arguing about.

So nintendo is for babies and soccer moms, but you are upset you can't get a limited edition shirt? I'm sort of confused as to what you are arguing about.
Hey now, he might just be a baby or a soccer mom! :rofl:

It is hilarious that someone is complaining about not being able to get Nintendo merchandise is making the point that no "real gamers" like Nintendo in a 1000+ page thread filled with gamers clamoring, complaining and waiting in line for hours for a chance to buy Nintendo merchandise. And this isn't the first (or even second) giant thread this year with people going crazy over Nintendo stuff.

Sorry if people have asked this a bajillion times. 

I nabbed a Meta Knight amiibo on eBay for $26, which I thought was a pretty good price, though since ordering it last week, there are several for around that now. I figured, I've already been to Best Buy twice, and feeding the scalper troll is probably cheaper than mileage at this point since it's 25 miles round trip.

Turns out Meta Knight's mask is dirty/tarnished looking. Does anybody know if this is intentional? I see Google image results of other ones like this, but I can't tell if it was on purpose or a defect (and not the good kind of defect). At first I was pissed, but I think I may be getting used to the battle-worn look.

Regardless, the auction photo had a clean mask so I asked the seller for a partial refund anyway. Made me feel better about breaking the cheap ass cardinal rule of not overpaying for stuff.

[attachment=14848:IMG_0694.jpeg]

[attachment=14849:IMG_0695.jpeg]

I nabbed a Meta Knight amiibo on eBay for $26, which I thought was a pretty good price, though since ordering it last week, there are several for around that now. I figured, I've already been to Best Buy twice, and feeding the scalper troll is probably cheaper than mileage at this point since it's 25 miles round trip.

Turns out Meta Knight's mask is dirty/tarnished looking. Does anybody know if this is intentional? I see Google image results of other ones like this, but I can't tell if it was on purpose or a defect (and not the good kind of defect). At first I was pissed, but I think I may be getting used to the battle-worn look.

Regardless, the auction photo had a clean mask so I asked the seller for a partial refund anyway. Made me feel better about breaking the cheap ass cardinal rule of not overpaying for stuff.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0694.jpeg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0695.jpeg
It's supposed to be like that. I feel sorry for the seller.

It's supposed to be like that. I feel sorry for the seller.
That may be, but the amiibo in the auction had a clean mask, and what I got didn't. That's misrepresentation. I didn't even have to argue it, he immediately agreed. That implied to me that he knew he was trying to get away with something.

That may be, but the amiibo in the auction had a clean mask, and what I got didn't. That's misrepresentation. I didn't even have to argue it, he immediately agreed. That implied to me that he knew he was trying to get away with something.
Was it a stock photo or an actual photo of the box itself? In any case Ebay usually sides with the buyer right? But my MK and all the others in the store when I purchased all looked similar to yours.

I don't even care about the shirt and didn't even know about it. My point being Nintendo purposely makes things exclusive to certain retailers. They did a pokemon store that had exclusive items and Nintendo world store.

They can just make the items for sale online if they didn't want it to be exclusive.

I brought it up because someone else brought up NWS.

I personally can care less about anything Nintendo. After gamecube anything Nintendo made expect 3DS/DS has been garbage to me. I mean everything by Nintendo Brand.

I did say they do control and dominate the handheld market.

I only even came in this thread to see all the craziness of this amiibo ocalypse is all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vex0lzOiwtk

I don't even care about the shirt and didn't even know about it. My point being Nintendo purposely makes things exclusive to certain retailers. They did a pokemon store that had exclusive items and Nintendo world store.

They can just make the items for sale online if they didn't want it to be exclusive.

I brought it up because someone else brought up NWS.

I personally can care less about anything Nintendo. After gamecube anything Nintendo made expect 3DS/DS has been garbage to me. I mean everything by Nintendo Brand.

I did say they do control and dominate the handheld market.
If you can care less then maybe you should. In your last post you were straight up whining you couldn't by a store exclusive shirt while ignoring the fact it's a shirt dedicated to that specific store. Lots of companies make store exclusives. It drives brick and mortar sales and honestly with all of these flagship stores closing I'm happy to see that Ninty has pulled through.

And honestly in the grand scheme of things Ninty merchandise is very cheap at retail and easy to buy off eBay with a small markup. Their shirts retail for only 20 bucks! That's more than what GameStop charges for a Gamestop tshirt!

IMG_0694.jpeg
IMG_0695.jpeg
He's supposed to look like he has 'battle damage'

If you can care less then maybe you should. In your last post you were straight up whining you couldn't by a store exclusive shirt while ignoring the fact it's a shirt dedicated to that specific store. Lots of companies make store exclusives. It drives brick and mortar sales and honestly with all of these flagship stores closing I'm happy to see that Ninty has pulled through.

And honestly in the grand scheme of things Ninty merchandise is very cheap at retail and easy to buy off eBay with a small markup. Their shirts retail for only 20 bucks! That's more than what GameStop charges for a Gamestop tshirt!
Again I don't care about the shirt or NWS I brought it up because someone brought up its exclusivity.

I was just comparing is to the exclusivity of these Amiibos and how Nintendo markets you guys like Ash from pokemon trying to catch them all.

Again I can give two shits about Nintendo. As a console maker they left a bad taste in my mouth over the last few generations of consoles.

Again I don't care about the shirt or NWS I brought it up because someone brought up its exclusivity.

I was just comparing it to the exclusivity of these Amiibos and how Nintendo markets you guys like Ash from pokemon trying to catch them all.

Again I can give two shits about Nintendo. As a console maker they left a bad taste in my mouth over the last few generations of consoles. If Nintendo went the way of Sega and stopped making consoles and just was a third party developer I'd be happy.

Another words I'm saying they are a marketing powerhouse and a shit console maker. The console has high sales because it was marketed exclusive and with a focus on kids and soccer moms. Yet everyone on games sites say they use and play xbox360 and PS3 and if they still have wii its used as a door stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back