Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, took about 10 'submit' clicks, but got a Ness GS order to go through.

Of course I have him ordered through Yes Asia as well, as a group of 3 (Ness, Robin and Lucina), which means I'm not sure what I'm going to do if both actually make it to my house.

I'll worry about that then...

No idea how far these are from you, but your best Bet for MK in the New York Districts are:

Brooklyn
Rego Park
23rd and 6th
Union Square
Riverhead NY
Baldwin NY

Those had multiples as of last update.

As Far as marth:
Staten Island
Ithaca, NY
Dewitt, NY

Those have very low inventory.
Ty very much for this, i checked Baldwin on saturday they said they had them, then went in back and said they didn't , nor would check other stores. So I called Riverhead before I went seeing as they are like 45-60min from me (depending on traffic), they said they had them at 11am. Scored 2 of them around 5pm saturday, they told me that some guy came in earlier and bought 7, they had them in back. So anyone in riverhead or around it may want to try here as they seemed to act like that had more.

Ty very much for this, i checked Baldwin on saturday they said they had them, then went in back and said they didn't , nor would check other stores. So I called Riverhead before I went seeing as they are like 45-60min from me (depending on traffic), they said they had them at 11am. Scored 2 of them around 5pm saturday, they told me that some guy came in earlier and bought 7, they had them in back. So anyone in riverhead or around it may want to try here as they seemed to act like that had more.
Glad I was able to help!

20 minutes? He was probably up for about 60 seconds before it went OOS
no he was definately up for a solid 20 got in on the first minute had the gamestop website up @ work logged on and was refreshing that page and this one every few min since the wave went up yesterday didn't want to miss my shot

his listing might have been up for 20 minutes, but I am seeing very little in reports of people actually succeeding with getting him. something tells me they either only had a few dozen on hand or the listing was never supposed to be up

He was up for at least three minutes.

I was playing Smash 3DS, and had 1:00 or so left on a For Glory match. Once that finished, I was able to use my cell and get an order in. It definitely took me a couple minutes to get the order in, as I was battling the very slow page refreshes.

Went to GS to check the status of the Splatoon 3-pack I bought yesterday, then went to the amiibo page on a lark and there was Ness! Ordered him and Pac-Man for free shipping. The only two I really wanted from the last wave.

I know $70 in Amiibo in two days is nothing to most of the folks here but this is my biggest haul since finding MTV in our local Wal-mart back in December. It's a good thing I traded in $130 of stuff at GS last Saturday or I'd have some explaining to do at home.

Missed Ness... And to be honest, Im friggin' absolutely livid right now. Everyday at this time Im online, this is the first day I had to quickly tend to something else, and the last Amiibo I need and most wanted ever for me, goes up ....

Dam dam dam... Pretty inconsolable right now... Sorry all, just had to vent. The frustration is kickin my ass on this last figure :( :(

I wish that this things would only be sold online via ebay. I already have Ness, but 60 seconds is ridiculous, as is for pretty much all Amiibo. All Amiibo figures should be sold only at stores and be limited to one of each character per person. Have every one except Villager and Wii Fit, but at this point I'm not even going to try pre-orders for the next few waves because there's no competing against people who run auto-update and checkout bots to get them the second they go up. Not even competing with other people at that point.

Would love a Dorf, but my page translator isn't working for some reason. Oh well, hopefully he'll be easy enough to get from ebay upon release, or pre-orders go up again in English somewhere.

Nintendo world store is stupid to me. It's meant for the locals or near by towns to shop at or if someone visits. No one travels from out of state to go shop there.

If Nintendo wanted to be fair they would offer those limited shirts on their official website for everyone to be able to order. The amount produced and sold has nothing to do with where you sell the items. It can be just as limited and sold online but gives everyone who wants one a chance.

Instead Nintendo makes a store in NY and stocks it with limited edition items that like 50% of the inventory walking out is going up on listings on ebay price gouging people. They did the same with a pokemon store.

Nintendo has became a marketing powerhouse and they are good at making handhelds. There a piece of shit company for consoles for like 3 generations now.

They make more money on amiibos then their consoles.
Just wanted to mention that I DO travel from out of state to visit NWS when I can, and I'm not Mom (soccer or otherwise) or a kid (though maybe I am at heart?). Just wanted to throw that out there.

Sorry if people have asked this a bajillion times.

I nabbed a Meta Knight amiibo on eBay for $26, which I thought was a pretty good price, though since ordering it last week, there are several for around that now. I figured, I've already been to Best Buy twice, and feeding the scalper troll is probably cheaper than mileage at this point since it's 25 miles round trip.

Turns out Meta Knight's mask is dirty/tarnished looking. Does anybody know if this is intentional? I see Google image results of other ones like this, but I can't tell if it was on purpose or a defect (and not the good kind of defect). At first I was pissed, but I think I may be getting used to the battle-worn look.

Regardless, the auction photo had a clean mask so I asked the seller for a partial refund anyway. Made me feel better about breaking the cheap ass cardinal rule of not overpaying for stuff.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0694.jpeg

attachicon.gif
IMG_0695.jpeg
That may be, but the amiibo in the auction had a clean mask, and what I got didn't. That's misrepresentation. I didn't even have to argue it, he immediately agreed. That implied to me that he knew he was trying to get away with something.
No, actually you are misinformed and also a jerk buyer. Even reading some of your words verbatim I can tell you were trying to pull one over on the seller and then justify your behavior somehow. You even kept the item so there was no real problem. Just. Wow. You should be ashamed.

If that was me I would have told you sure, go ahead and return the item. (because you're paying the shipping cost.) It is not a defect, the markings you mention are an intentional ink wash, and quality control varies from piece to piece. You simply just weren't worth the trouble for the seller to receive negative feedback. The transaction netted him $5 at best before the refund so gj screwing over an honest seller with your BS.

Missed Ness... And to be honest, Im friggin' absolutely livid right now. Everyday at this time Im online, this is the first day I had to quickly tend to something else, and the last Amiibo I need and most wanted ever for me, goes up ....

Dam dam dam... Pretty inconsolable right now... Sorry all, just had to vent. The frustration is kickin my ass on this last figure :( :(
Sent you a PM bud. Hopefully it'll be a bit of a consolation!

No, actually you are misinformed and also a jerk buyer. Even reading some of your words verbatim I can tell you were trying to pull one over on the seller and then justify your behavior somehow. You even kept the item so there was no real problem. Just. Wow. You should be ashamed.

If that was me I would have told you sure, go ahead and return the item. (because you're paying the shipping cost.) It is not a defect, the markings you mention are an intentional ink wash, and quality control varies from piece to piece. You simply just weren't worth the trouble for the seller to receive negative feedback. The transaction netted him $5 at best before the refund so gj screwing over an honest seller with your BS.
I agree with you, but without seeing the listing there is no way to know what the meta knight picture looked like originally. If the image on the listing had a clean mask the buyer could open up a "not as described" case and the seller would have to pay shipping. If I was the seller I would have just issued the partial refund and been done with it. Its super risky selling stuff like this on ebay and that's why I don't do it. I just sell to people at cost if I have extras and people seem to be really happy paying that.

I'm not kicking myself over missing Ness. I've been pretty lucky in being able to secure alot of the rarer figures, and I do need a few left to go to finish the line of Smash Amiibos available right now. If Ness were the only one I needed, I'd be pretty mad, but I also still need Marth, Villager, WFT, Shulk, Pit and Little Mac. Not to mention I'm running out of room for these, so I probably don't need it at this very moment.

Nintendo world store is stupid to me. It's meant for the locals or near by towns to shop at or if someone visits. No one travels from out of state to go shop there.

If Nintendo wanted to be fair they would offer those limited shirts on their official website for everyone to be able to order. The amount produced and sold has nothing to do with where you sell the items. It can be just as limited and sold online but gives everyone who wants one a chance.
The limited 10th anniversary shirts that come out next week? it's to mark the store's 10th year, not Nintendo etc. There's also a lot of the I <3 NY crap shirts with just a Nintendo theme. Tourists eat that shit up, especially if they're into Nintendo stuff. Should those be sold online?

I guess this can be compared to college merchandise, at least colleges with relevant sports programs or an Ivy etc school. Pretty sure the majority of people I've seen with Harvard/Columbia clothing do not have a personal attachment to the university aside from viewing it as prestigeous. However college merch is sold online most likely for marketing their brand as well as to fund sports programs. NoA doesn't have the logistical groundwork for any of this.

Other limited/exclusives items I can understand the hate NoA draws for their decisions (not they also have a private store at corporate hq for employees only). There were two Canadians that took a trip to NY just for the MK8 LE. They mentioned it was planned last minute and were leaving the following day.

I just wish they opened up a NWS here on the West Coast.  At least near their corporate office in Seattle or something.

While missing ness has sucked hard since I waited in line for 3 hours during the preorder wave and wasnt able to get anything but wario, Shulk is what really bothers me as Gamestop cancelled my order for no reason and service has been incredibly difficult to figure out why it was cancelled when it was paid for in full back in Feb.

I agree with you, but without seeing the listing there is no way to know what the meta knight picture looked like originally. If the image on the listing had a clean mask the buyer could open up a "not as described" case and the seller would have to pay shipping. If I was the seller I would have just issued the partial refund and been done with it. Its super risky selling stuff like this on ebay and that's why I don't do it. I just sell to people at cost if I have extras and people seem to be really happy paying that.
All the seller has to do is write "photos are stock" in the item description and then it's a non-issue. It was taking advantage of new/amateur seller.

Was it a stock photo or an actual photo of the box itself? In any case Ebay usually sides with the buyer right? But my MK and all the others in the store when I purchased all looked similar to yours.
Looked like a picture of an actual box taken with a phone. My guess is that this guy had multiple ones, and used a single photo for all of them.

I feel better knowing that they all look a little different but I still would've preferred a cleaner-looking one. It was a present for my wife (Meta Knight is her favorite Nintendo character), and she noticed immediately.

For those of you who don't believe me, fine. Here's the photo from the auction. Tell me it doesn't look cleaner than what I got. If the guy thought I was taking advantage of him rather than calling him on something, he wouldn't have offered the partial refund so quickly. And he wasn't a new or amateur seller either - he was a PowerSeller, and knew what he was doing.

[attachment=14857:Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 12.34.05 PM.png]

All the seller has to do is write "photos are stock" in the item description and then it's a non-issue. It was taking advantage of new/amateur seller.
That's pretty much it. Douchebags here will do whatever it takes to net cheap Amiibos. It's a shame too, because $26 for a MK isn't scalping super hard, but that asshole who opened a dispute over stock design is a dirtbag who I've personally made a point to NEVER deal with on this site. I'd like his eBay username so I can blacklist him from my auctions there too

That's pretty much it. Douchebags here will do whatever it takes to net cheap Amiibos. It's a shame too, because $26 for a MK isn't scalping super hard, but that asshole who opened a dispute over stock design is a dirtbag who I've personally made a point to NEVER deal with on this site. I'd like his eBay username so I can blacklist him from my auctions there too

Is meta knight still rare? My best buy has 10 of them on shelf now.
Buy them all and then sue Best Buy because the masks look dirty. That one asshole doesn't seem to have a problem being a jerk like that.

In all honesty though, Meta Knight is starting to be more uncommon than rare, but you should still pick one up if you don't have it yet

What?!?!? NOOOOOO!! 

I can't believe I missed Ness again!! I had to run some errands and I come back to see this.  Called Gamestop just in case but of course they only order through the website as well.

I stood in line on preorder day, like so many of us, for an hour and forty five minutes.  I was fourth in line and by the time I left I was third in line.  I feel jipped.

I am down to only needing Lucario and Ness to finish my NA collection! I refuse to pay eBay prices and trades on here for Ness are hard to come by.  Blech!

(end rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back