Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
vfxffb.jpg

This is what my local TRU looked like. I guess they decided to stop dealing with all the questions about stock and just put EVERYTHING on the sales floor lol.
Looks pretty standard for TRU.. mine has all that plus amiibo have taken over a part of the wall in between the Nintendo and Microsoft games cases. All commons of course

Someone else's pic. I should have ordered from JP.
Yeah, I had Dark Pit, ZSS, and Ganondorf ordered from Amazon.co.uk and I'm still regretting the fact that I cancelled the order cuz I couldn't find anyone who wanted them (since I only collect NA versions). This wave is truly the best-looking set IMHO, all 4 of those look pretty awesome.

Also, does anyone else get antsy when you see pics like that which are amiibo that you don't yet own? My heart always skips a little when I see pics like that thinking, "oh no, did I miss them already?", and then I notice the region printing.

With all the restock announcements I'm seriously wondering where are the NA villagers.
Exactly. I could care less about the Marths, Ikes, WFT, Pits, etc. etc. there's only one I need and its that little creepy axe-wielding munster!

Debating whether or not to just buy a 3rd party ZSS from Amazon JP for roughly 25-26 USD so I can just be done with it. I'm thinking it's worth the extra 12 bucks or so to get her early and not have to worry about getting a US version. Still holding out hope I can get her closer to 20 or Amazon JP actually gets it in stock again, but doubtful.

Mine is already at the tenso warehouse. Now just have to wait for tenso to process it.
I did the free shipping. Says its suppose to be there on the 11th though so i have no idea.

Its 1:30 PM there right now so maybe if i get lucky it will be there before Tenso is done for the day and can get it paid for tonight lol.

I did the free shipping. Says its suppose to be there on the 11th though so i have no idea.

Its 1:30 PM there right now so maybe if i get lucky it will be there before Tenso is done for the day and can get it paid for tonight lol.
It is the 11th in japan.

I think it is already the 11th over there in Japan. Mine was estimated to arrived as the same day as your.

Managed to snag one of the Zero Suit's from Play Asia just now.

Ganondorf shouldn't be particularly hard to find since he's a Zelda character, aye?

Ganondorf and Palutena are still up on Play-Asia. Granted, for $35.

Was it still $35 when you got Samus?
Yeah, it was. I hesitated the first couple of times I saw her in stock and missed out by the time I clicked to complete my order, so I finally got her the time I stopped hesitating about the price.

EDIT: ZSS seems to be back in stock

http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-zero-suit-samus/13/708puz

EDIT 2: Use the "add both to cart" button below her to get a free copy of Gran Turismo 6 15th anniversary edition. It's an Asia region copy, so DLC would be problematic if that's your jam. But according to the Asian version's product page it should also have an English language option.

I can't believe people are buying amiibos at scalper prices from import retailers before they have even released here in the states. Some people have no self control.  SMH

I can't believe people are buying amiibos at scalper prices from import retailers before they have even released here in the states. SMH
I might be the only one. lol And just for Zero Suit. I have a feeling she'll be very rare, but have no reasonable justification for thinking that. ZSS is definitely one I want to have. I missed out on Lucina, so I'll just take whatever can ensure a follow-through first.

Will probably just pass on Lucina hoping for a reprint since some FE characters have gotten them, and will probably wait for Palutena / Ganondorf to be released here to see if I can get them at MSRP.

It helps that she comes with a free copy of GT6 since I like racing games and haven't played that one yet, too.

[quote name="Nothing371" post="12737622" timestamp="1434001384"]I can't believe people are buying amiibos at scalper prices from import retailers before they have even released here in the states. Some people have no self control. SMH[/quote]
The extra $15 or $20 over MSRP is well worth the time saved for me, personally. After Wave 4, I've gotten totally burned out on the chase. I'll gladly pay the extra $$$ to not have to take a half day off of work to run around on a wild goose chase or worry about middle of the night preorders that are a flash in the pan. It is too much of a game of luck, now. So a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush for me in this case.

Why dont you guys just buy the North America versions? Even if you missed it, im sure you can get them on ebay at $30 or lower. Dont support Play-Asia with those prices.

The extra $15 or $20 over MSRP is well worth the time saved for me, personally. After Wave 4, I've gotten totally burned out on the chase. I'll gladly pay the extra $$$ to not have to take a half day off of work to run around on a wild goose chase or worry about middle of the night preorders that are a flash in the pan. It is too much of a game of luck, now. So a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush for me in this case.
It costs more than the $20 over MSRP. It costs your principles as well. I'd rather not have the stupid amiibo than feed the tr.... scalpers.

I don't even know what to make of play-asia. At this point I reckon they fit into both categories.

Last edited:
It costs more than the $20 over MSRP. It costs your principles as well. I'd rather not have the stupid amiibo than feed the tr.... scalpers.

I don't even know what to make of play-asia. At this point I reckon they fit into both categories.
I have no problem importing, but playasia is charging scalpers prices on a massive quantity of merchandise, I ordered from amazon UK 2 of each so i could trade or resell my extras to cover shipping, now that they lowered orders to 1 each I think I'm just going for NA releases and any I can't snag or trade for at msrp I wont own

These importers are pushing their luck. They are like the same type of people that raise the gas prices during holiday weekends. I understand the supply and demand logic, but is there no shred of humanity left here!?

Same people that complain about people paying extra for amiibos and getting early are going to be the same people regretting not importing them later on when the SHIT SELLS OUT IN 2 MINUTES!  Relax people, let them buy what they want.  Can't blame them, I still don't have Lucina and Robin and I regret not importing those.  It's their money, not yours so fuck off. 

Nintendo of America's bare minimum restocks are pointless.  Re-releasing them in minimum quantities only encourages the same scalpers and resellers that caused the problem in the first place to pick them up again, and leave them incredibly hard to find for most of the people actually wanting them for their collections.  I'm not saying re-release them in the same quantity as Mario and Zelda, but do something a little more reasonable like re-release them in Sheik or Toon Link type quantities.

wait for the holiday flood , i still feel like its gonna happen , they can't be that dumb not to flood store shelves with every amiibo (no commons)

thats why you have nintendo reps

and yeah i read stories of people driving to a store everyday hoping for a restock, ain't nobody have time for that

and yeah i read stories of people driving to a store everyday hoping for a restock, ain't nobody have time for that
I certainly don't, and I feel like those that do end up going to every store and picking up the max limit. Then they turn around and bash those who check the same stores and can't find any by saying, "I don't see what your problem is, these are everywhere I got like 4. It's so easy." :nottalking: Like really, how do you not see what's happening here? xD

Some people will be willing to pay $35 an amiibo not to deal with it all. Mostly so far ive payed is $25 for some imports (that includes shipping). The only thing i payed more then that was for gold mario and that was because i decided working 10hrs overtime was better then standing in line for a chance.

Same people that complain about people paying extra for amiibos and getting early are going to be the same people regretting not importing them later on when the SHIT SELLS OUT IN 2 MINUTES! Relax people, let them buy what they want. Can't blame them, I still don't have Lucina and Robin and I regret not importing those. It's their money, not yours so fuck off.
Haven't you learned anything from the meta knight pre orders? The only way to satisfy us is to make them readily available at all times but make them rare enough so we can trade them for a villager

I am not looking for an exact location, but has anyone seen any golden Marios still sitting at Wal-Marts?

I really didn't think I wanted one, but now I am so close to having a complete Amiibo set, and I still haven't paid more than retail for anything.

I am just wondering if I drive around to or call my 10-15 "local" Wal-Mart's (within an hour of my house),  is  there any chance there is still a gold mario hanging out.

I am in the northeast, ohio area, but I'd just like to know if anyone has seen any in the wild recently.

I am not looking for an exact location, but has anyone seen any golden Marios still sitting at Wal-Marts?

I really didn't think I wanted one, but now I am so close to having a complete Amiibo set, and I still haven't paid more than retail for anything.

I am just wondering if I drive around to or call my 10-15 "local" Wal-Mart's (within an hour of my house), is there any chance there is still a gold mario hanging out.

I am in the northeast, ohio area, but I'd just like to know if anyone has seen any in the wild recently.

Tauran, I can guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that you'll never find a Gold Mario in the wild right now.

I second adcustom's answer. However, my step-father was able to get a Gold Mario (Figure only, no box) off of eBay for $15 shipped. So, if your collection is NIB only, then Gold Mario will cost ya.

I am just wondering if I drive around to or call my 10-15 "local" Wal-Mart's (within an hour of my house), is there any chance there is still a gold mario hanging out.

I found one like 2-3 weeks ago, but it was in a backwater town, but no. I doubt you will find one now.

I'm not from Ohio, but I'm still gonna say not a chance. I haven't heard of any wild Gold Mario sightings on the east coast since a month after they were released.

Calling isn't going to do any good either, unfortunately. Even if you get a Walmart employee who is willing to look up the SKU and the system claims it's in the store's inventory, that employee then has to find the amiibo that has been "missing" since release. Nigh impossible. On top of that, there's an additional drawback that the same employee may take the Gold Mario for himself.

Honestly, your best bet with Gold Mario (if you're unwilling to pay ebay scalper prices) is to trade a rare or unicorn amiibo for it.

Same people that complain about people paying extra for amiibos and getting early are going to be the same people regretting not importing them later on when the SHIT SELLS OUT IN 2 MINUTES! Relax people, let them buy what they want. Can't blame them, I still don't have Lucina and Robin and I regret not importing those. It's their money, not yours so fuck off.
Wrong, I bought six figures from the new wave off amazon.uk for 12 pounds each. Other people bought some from amazon.de and amazon.fr. There have been opportunities to order from a handful of Import retailers without paying $35+shipping to Play-Asia.

I could get you a Lucina and Robin for $40 each, shipped. That's a fair price you say, right?

I ended up getting the following because I just dont want to deal withthe BS of scalpers locally and on Amazon:

Best Buy - Charizard, Pac Man, and Wario = $33.74 comes out to $11.25 each 

Wal - Mart - Silver Marion approx $14 store pick up

Play Asia - Ness, Lucina, and Robin = $76.87 w/ shipping comes out to $25.62 each

Ebay - Palutena, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Ganon = $110 free shipping Comes out to $27.50 each

Amazon.de - Dr. Mario, Olimar = $ 44.15 comes out to $22.07 each

Not CAG like to pay more than MSRP on each, but I just hate that these aren't made available in greater numbers. It doesnt matter to me if they have JP on the packaging because as soon as they get here, my kids open them up and use them on all of their applicable games.  I would still like to get Greninga and Jigglypuff but not holding my breath.

Wrong, I bought six figures from the new wave off amazon.uk for 12 pounds each. Other people bought some from amazon.de and amazon.fr. There have been opportunities to order from a handful of Import retailers without paying $35+shipping to Play-Asia.

I could get you a Lucina and Robin for $40 each, shipped. That's a fair price you say, right?
I'd be interested in Lucina and Robin for that price, which region?

I ended up getting the following because I just dont want to deal withthe BS of scalpers locally and on Amazon:

Play Asia - Ness, Lucina, and Robin = $76.87 w/ shipping comes out to $25.62 each

Ebay - Palutena, Dark Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Ganon = $110 free shipping Comes out to $27.50 each

Amazon.de - Dr. Mario, Olimar = $39.32 comes out to $19.66 each

Not CAG like to pay more than MSRP on each, but I just hate that these aren't made available in greater numbers. It doesnt matter to me if they have JP on the packaging because as soon as they get here, my kids open them up and use them on all of their applicable games. I would still like to get Greninga and Jigglypuff but not holding my breath.
Honestly, based on what you've paid for some of those figures... why not just eBay Gren and Jiggly? Their prices are at all time low on eBay and are less than what you've already paid to just import some of those.

Dr Mario sold out already? Weird, I'd think he'd be the most common one out of those 3...
lol. NEVER expect any Amiibo to be common. Until it releases and initial stock is bought, the only way to tell what will be common is to see which ones keep getting restocked. Ganondorf will no doubt be the one that has the most potential to be common

lol. NEVER expect any Amiibo to be common. Until it releases and initial stock is bought, the only way to tell what will be common is to see which ones keep getting restocked. Ganondorf will no doubt be the one that has the most potential to be common
It's pretty easy to tell what will be common. Especially Wave 4. Most kids don't know who Lucina, Robin and Ness are... But they do know who Charizard and Pac Man are... And I see a shit load of them everywhere.

Amazon.de - Dr. Mario, Olimar = $39.32 comes out to $19.66 each

Not CAG like to pay more than MSRP on each, but I just hate that these aren't made available in greater numbers. It doesnt matter to me if they have JP on the packaging because as soon as they get here, my kids open them up and use them on all of their applicable games. I would still like to get Greninga and Jigglypuff but not holding my breath.
I think you forgot to convert your Amazon.de order from Euro to USD.

It's pretty easy to tell what will be common. Especially Wave 4. Most kids don't know who Lucina, Robin and Ness are... But they do know who Charizard and Pac Man are... And I see a shit load of them everywhere.
For Wave 5...I'd expect Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario to be common. Dark Pit, Palutena, Olimar will be rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back