Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah this is just more typical nintendo behavior i'm sick of the flickering from amazon and 1 @ a random gamestop 30 miles away. Make enough product so people who want to buy can buy not a lucky random 30 people out of a thousand trying to buy
It's only a matter of time before some cocksucker comes in here and defends NOA's garbage ass practices. Nintendo doesn't make enough Amiibos and some people are all like "It's OK. Nintendo can't afford to mass produce them because they are being business savvy by not wasting money in hard finantial times for them." If Sony didn't make enough PS4 cameras or controllers and people be like "It's OK. Sony didn't think they'd be this popular and they are working their best to meet demand. Be patient, Sony will make ammends" If Microsoft didn't make enough Play and charge Kits or something, people would be like "WHAT THE fuck IS WRONG WITH MICROSOFT?!?! ARE THEY RETARDED?!?! I'M BUYING SONY FROM NOW ON BECAUSE M$ DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE fuck THEY'RE DOING!!! F M$!!!"

Funny how people are such bandwagon haters or blindly defend some companies for whatever reason.

yeah this is just more typical nintendo behavior i'm sick of the flickering from amazon and 1 @ a random gamestop 30 miles away. Make enough product so people who want to buy can buy not a lucky random 30 people out of a thousand trying to buy
It's only a matter of time before some cocksucker comes in here and defends NOA's garbage ass practices. Nintendo doesn't make enough Amiibos and some people are all like "It's OK. Nintendo can't afford to mass produce them because they are being business savvy by not wasting money in hard finantial times for them." If Sony didn't make enough PS4 cameras or controllers and people be like "It's OK. Sony didn't think they'd be this popular and they are working their best to meet demand. Be patient, Sony will make ammends" If Microsoft didn't make enough Play and charge Kits or something, people would be like "WHAT THE fuck IS WRONG WITH MICROSOFT?!?! ARE THEY RETARDED?!?! I'M BUYING SONY FROM NOW ON BECAUSE M$ DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THE fuck THEY'RE DOING!!! F M$!!!"

Funny how people are such bandwagon haters or blindly defend some companies for whatever reason.

Agreed. And I hate when people say Skylanders were limited the first year it was out. It wasn't a full year. It was about 5-6 months (with a couple select figures hard to find after that, mainly the store exclusives). Then Activision got their act together and people could actually collect most of the figures they wanted. Nintendo has had seven months and several waves of releases to get their act together. I do think Nintendo will eventually get their act together and make all Amiibo relatively easier to find, but it's looking more and more like that will not happen until after the initial SSB Amiibo are released.

Are you guys planning to open Wii fit trainer if you guys get her?
Yeah and put it up on my shelf with my other opened smash characters. I made a deal with myself to not pay over msrp for any of these and so far I havent(which means no importing).now with only doing that im missing villager, WFT, marth, Captain Falcon, Lucario, Ness and jigglypuff. Im still holding out that nintendo will begin to release more. Im just giving them time.

Hope I can snag a WFT but if I dont its not like the end of the world. Wasnt lucky enough to get on that "restock" of marth.

What Amiibo actually got a reprint for the US? I know about Marth, Shulk (from pre-orders) and Meta Knight, but beyond those two, I haven't really seen much solid info. 

I thought Lucario got a reprint but my TRU haven't gotten anything since its release. 

I always find it hilarious when people try to tell me a multi-billion dollar company can't afford to include chargers with the New 3DS, or can't afford to include more memory in their consoles, or can't afford to release more "limited" items like the MM stuff or amiibos.

BTW look at what we have to look forward to: http://www.news-loot.com/2015/04/07/nintendo-partners-with-mcdonalds-to-include-new-zelda-amiibos-with-happymeals-in-2016/

This quote from Aonuma really pisses me off:

“We decided placing new Amiibos in happy meals would be a great distribution method to let consumers get their favorite toys, but still maintain the sense of rarity that makes people want Amiibos. You can buy a happy meal, but you aren’t guaranteed to get the exact Amiibo that you are trying to collect. It’s just like the system we have created with retail chains, but instead of us limiting the stock to increase demand, the consumer is in control. Or, rather, McDonalds to be exact.”

No doubt this is yet again Day 1 DLC..... but McDonalds? Damn.... And building a house in Zelda U just sounds like a shitty idea to me.... it's Zelda, not Animal Crossing

Last edited:
I always find it hilarious when people try to tell me a multi-billion dollar company can't afford to include chargers with the New 3DS, or can't afford to include more memory in their consoles, or can't afford to release more "limited" items like the MM stuff or amiibos.

BTW look at what we have to look forward to: http://www.news-loot.com/2015/04/07/nintendo-partners-with-mcdonalds-to-include-new-zelda-amiibos-with-happymeals-in-2016/

“We decided placing new Amiibos in happy meals would be a great distribution method to let consumers get their favorite toys, but still maintain the sense of rarity that makes people want Amiibos. You can buy a happy meal, but you aren’t guaranteed to get the exact Amiibo that you are trying to collect. It’s just like the system we have created with retail chains, but instead of us limiting the stock to increase demand, the consumer is in control. Or, rather, McDonalds to be exact.”

No doubt this is yet again Day 1 DLC..... but McDonalds? Damn.... And building a house in Zelda U just sounds like a shitty idea to me.... it's Zelda, not Animal Crossing
You do know that is an April fool joke right?

Bruh I'm sorry but that's... very clearly a satire article................

You do know that is an April fool joke right?
Nope. Considering it was posted a full week afterwards it's a really shitty one.

And let's be honest, would anything in that article seem that far fetched for Nintendo? Especially after that E3?

Last edited:
Nope. Considering it was posted a full week afterwards it's a really shitty one.

And let's be honest, would anything in that article seem that far fetched for Nintendo? Especially after that E3?
We get it, Nintendo sucks. Why bother purchasing their products anymore or posting in this thread? The stress is obviously too much for you. Maybe it's time for you to move on to some other hobby.

They took down the WFT listing on Gamestop so you can no longer search for it with the store finder lol.  Now employees won't get bombed with phone calls tomorrow because of their store popping up on the listing.

They took down the WFT listing on Gamestop so you can no longer search for it with the store finder lol
Gamestop probably got news of threads like this one on the internet and thought it might be the best option to not give anyone an advantage. I don't know. I'm still waiting on a Japanese WFT I ordered a week or 2 ago to be delivered.

Yes, it's fake. Someone made it up. You know how I know? I made it up. Didn't think anyone would fall for it, though. I guess it takes all kinds.

It would have taken you upwards of 30 seconds to look at the headlines to the left of the page to realize that the website runs satirical articles. It's basically "The Onion" of videogames.

What did Nintendo do at E3 that would prompt them to offer Amiibo in Happy Meals?

Thanks CAG. It appears stores are receiving one WFT. Scored one from a store that was late processing shipment. Also picked up a Batarang Replica. Son will get a kick out it.

called my local GS and they did confirm 1 WFT per store. Shipments are due in tomorrow. Apparently, a lot of people have been calling in about the WFT. First come, first serve. As much as I would love to get to GS 2 hours before it opens in hopes that there shipment comes in by the time the store opens, I might just bite on getting a Japan WFT and save myself the trouble. Would only cost me about $7 more to buy a WFT from Amazon. 

Agreed. And I hate when people say Skylanders were limited the first year it was out. It wasn't a full year. It was about 5-6 months (with a couple select figures hard to find after that, mainly the store exclusives). Then Activision got their act together and people could actually collect most of the figures they wanted. Nintendo has had seven months and several waves of releases to get their act together. I do think Nintendo will eventually get their act together and make all Amiibo relatively easier to find, but it's looking more and more like that will not happen until after the initial SSB Amiibo are released.
It wasn't that long for series 1. Even the rarer ones were available again like 3 months after they went rare.

Kaos traps were rare for a long time though.

I stopped by my local Gamestop while driving home from work. The guy said he would have no way of knowing they would get any shipments of WFT because they no longer have the SKU. He can't look to see if any other stores have it either since they don't have the SKU. He said he's been getting sick of so many people calling about it haha.

Sony followed through on the camera restock, but it took to about April 2014 or so for it to be in stock & now they just gather dust.

These Nintendo "restocks" are pathetic when it's 1 figure per store across the U.S.

Sony followed through on the camera restock, but it took to about April 2014 or so for it to be in stock & now they just gather dust.

These Nintendo "restocks" are pathetic when it's 1 figure per store across the U.S.
I get you. I was more trying to make the point that there are people who will give Nintendo miles of rope and excuse any mishaps from Sony, but crucify Microsoft if they were to ever fuck up with proprietary equipment in the slightest

Thought they couldnt hold them anymore?
They're not suposta hold them period, but some do out of respect for collectors who can't get these. I don't fault this particular store, because they actually held a pit for me and gave me a captain falcon that was being held for pre-order (the pre-order had ended the day before). I'm dissapointed but I get it.

On the brightside, they called around and got a store to hold one for me. :) The cardboard has a big crease across it though (they must have packed it standing up). I may trade it or open it (but no one message me because I would only want villager for it).

I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but why doesn't the OP capitalize the "A" in Amiibo in the thread title? I know what you're going to say, but sane people don't type out Infamous as "inFAMOUS" and Amiibo should be typed out as "Amiibo" - as 1st grade grammar states that the first letter of the first word in a sentence should always be capitalized

Local GS had WFT in stock but couldn't sell it to me because their inventory wouldn't actually let it be in there (problems with SKU), said its first come first serve and even though I was there first they couldn't sell until the system allowed them to at some unknowable future time... gotta love it.

Local GS had WFT in stock but couldn't sell it to me because their inventory wouldn't actually let it be in there (problems with SKU), said its first come first serve and even though I was there first they couldn't sell until the system allowed them to at some unknowable future time... gotta love it.
The same thing happened at the store I went to. It took them 10-20 mins to figure out it wasn't in the system at all. They sold it to me as a sonic amiibo

I don't know if this bothers anyone else, but why doesn't the OP capitalize the "A" in Amiibo in the thread title? I know what you're going to say, but sane people don't type out Infamous as "inFAMOUS" and Amiibo should be typed out as "Amiibo" - as 1st grade grammar states that the first letter of the first word in a sentence should always be capitalized
Cause it's amiibo. Look on your amiibos and tell me it's capitalized.

Nintendo always spells "amiibo" using all lowercase letters. Just look at any amiibo box and the Nintendo website. The trademarks registered by Nintendo of America all use lowercase "amiibo". The capitalization of the letter "A" is not official.

EDIT: The most obvious example of this is "iPhone". The "i" should NEVER be capitalized, even if it's the first word of a title.

Nintendo always spells "amiibo" using all lowercase letters. Just look at any amiibo box and the Nintendo website. The trademarks registered by Nintendo of America all use lowercase "amiibo". The capitalization of the letter "A" is not official.

EDIT: The most obvious example of this is "iPhone". The "i" should NEVER be capitalized, even if it's the first word of a title.
Yes, thank you. The back of the amiibo packaging says "amiibo is a registered trademark of Nintendo". The title of their landing page is "amiibo by Nintendo - amiibo for Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL".

In first grade we learn about grammar and capitalization. When we're adults though, we learn about trademarks and best practices.

Here's more examples where the first letter isn't capitalized with brand names:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/iphone/11693332/iPhone-6s-and-iPhone-7-release-date-and-rumours.html

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/iphone-6s-release-date-specs-new-features-uk-price-september-25-launch-3436742/

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/196282-ebay-deal-of-the-day-mario-kart-w-wheel-30-free-shipping/

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/338679-ebay-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-2014-ads/

http://time.com/3932419/ebay-confederate-flags/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/confederate-flag-ebay/

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/06/ios-9-can-delete-and-automatically-re-download-apps-to-make-room-for-updates/

A point of contention that I would possibly concede to, is that the thread title could be named differently to avoid the controversy altogether. Nintendo amiibo Deals and Discussion for example.

Yes, thank you. The back of the amiibo packaging says "amiibo is a registered trademark of Nintendo". The title of their landing page is "amiibo by Nintendo - amiibo for Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL".

In first grade we learn about grammar and capitalization. When we're adults though, we learn about trademarks and best practices.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/iphone/11693332/iPhone-6s-and-iPhone-7-release-date-and-rumours.html
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/iphone-6s-release-date-specs-new-features-uk-price-september-25-launch-3436742/
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/196282-ebay-deal-of-the-day-mario-kart-w-wheel-30-free-shipping/
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/338679-ebay-black-friday-and-cyber-monday-2014-ads/
http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/06/ios-9-can-delete-and-automatically-re-download-apps-to-make-room-for-updates/

A point of contention that I would possibly concede to, is that the thread title could be named differently to avoid the controversy altogether. Nintendo amiibo Deals and Discussion for example.
There ya go.

The thread, it has hit a new low.

The thread, it has hit a new low.

-_-

I stopped by my local Gamestop while driving home from work. The guy said he would have no way of knowing they would get any shipments of WFT because they no longer have the SKU. He can't look to see if any other stores have it either since they don't have the SKU. He said he's been getting sick of so many people calling about it haha.
Ah, trying to pick up another rare amiibo that you don't want to throw up on Craigslist to try to sell or trade huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back