Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wouldn't you just call to ask if they were selling as soon as received? The stock is limited. It's only common sense to ask if they're selling off early or else you may find you waited 2 hours for absolutely nothing come Thursday morning. Precautionary measures.

There were 5 Ness and 1 Dedede at the GS in Clayton at 40/42.
Assuming they even answer the phone (my local Gamestops almost never do) they have a tendency to lie, especially if it's something they want to buy themselves. It's easier to just say "no I don't have this" than to check and see.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try though.

Walked to a gamestop near me at 10 sharp,
Around 10 people lined up and 30 Ness and 8 DDD were there. I could have got the very last DDD but I was happy enough for getting Ness. the guy behind me was the last one in line and he got the DDD.

Called local GS at 10:05. Was told they have extras. Arrived 10 minutes later 2 KDD and approx 15 Ness. Easton Mall GS Columbus Oh. Associate said they had a meeting recently and Lego Dimensions, Skylanders and Infinity want buzz so they will use Nintendo business model. He said Lego Dimensions in particular will be difficult to find. This may have been a sales pitch b/ I took a list of the LD and will preorder a couple. Son is not interested b/ will keep as collectable.

Local Gamestop opened at 10, got there at about 9:30.  No line and it looked like no one else was there yet.  Hung out in my car until 10 and went up right when they opened.  Had a sign up that said they got maybe like 6 Ness and 8 Dedede.  Saw a couple guys walk in after me.  Got Ness, as I already had Dedede.  Guy behind me also only bought Ness.  It was nice to finally snag one of these, with little hassle, after several trips to various stores with no luck on any of the other various restocks.  I was worried that there was going to be like a line 10 deep by the time I got there, like the last time I waited in a line (for Rosalina).

Anyway that leaves only Lucina and Jigglypuff that I missed from the last wave.  Hoping Target comes through with a Jiggly restock.

Called local GS at 10:05. Was told they have extras. Arrived 10 minutes later 2 KDD and approx 15 Ness. Easton Mall GS Columbus Oh. Associate said they had a meeting recently and Lego Dimensions, Skylanders and Infinity want buzz so they will use Nintendo business model. He said Lego Dimensions in particular will be difficult to find. This may have been a sales pitch b/ I took a list of the LD and will preorder a couple. Son is not interested b/ will keep as collectable.
Sounds like the guy might have been BSing you pretty hard. There was just an interview posted in the Didney Infinity thread saying they wanted to avoid Nintendo shenanigans and that everything would be stocked well. (As have the past 2 waves for them). I can't find the link, but heres a quote from the executive producer

Hanson:
Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?

Vignocchi: There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hardcore fans. They don't want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelves well!

I don't collect Skylanders, but the only thing I heard being annoyingly rare was the Kaos trap or something. And I'm not touching Lego Dimensions with a 10 foot pole.

I took the high road unlike alot of people, I'm sure. I walk into Gamestop at 10:00 and the one person in front of me picked up a Dedede and Ness. She got checked out and I say I need Amiibo as well. The cute girl immediately grabs both Ness and Dedede and I stop and tell her I only want Ness. Sure, I could have got both and flipped the Dedede, but I already have one so I figured I'd be a good guy and leave it for someone who actually needs it... I immediately drive to the Gamestop down the road and pick up a 2nd Ness for when I need decent trade fodder for the bullshit that will be wave 5-2 (Already have Dark Pit and Palutena secured)

[attachment=15582:ness amiibo.jpg]

I took the high road unlike alot of people, I'm sure. I walk into Gamestop at 10:00 and the one person in front of me picked up a Dedede and Ness. She got checked out and I say I need Amiibo as well. The cute girl immediately grabs both Ness and Dedede and I stop and tell her I only want Ness. Sure, I could have got both and flipped the Dedede, but I already have one so I figured I'd be a good guy and leave it for someone who actually needs it... I immediately drive to the Gamestop down the road and pick up a 2nd Ness for when I need decent trade fodder for the bullshit that will be wave 5-2 (Already have Dark Pit and Palutena secured)

ness amiibo.jpg
You realize you did with the extra ness what you didn't want to do with DDD correct? Also I'm not sure ness's value will hold as trade bait. I feel like it's gonna be a meta knight situation. Since most stores got a pretty hefty restock a lot of the market is gonna dry up and people won't be able to get rid of their extras.

Found this, guess this explains what happened to that TRU custom thingy. (this is not to sell the item or advertise the item as it aint mine/nor do i care if it sells)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Nintendo-Amiibo-Custom-ToysRUs-Exclusive-Cosmic-Mario-St-Judes-Charity-100-/271917648038?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
This is being sold by the guy who made the custom. I believe it's for charity which is why the price is so high. Here is one that's cheaper if you really want one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281736163656

You realize you did with the extra ness what you didn't want to do with DDD correct? Also I'm not sure ness's value will hold as trade bait. I feel like it's gonna be a meta knight situation. Since most stores got a pretty hefty restock a lot of the market is gonna dry up and people won't be able to get rid of their extras.
I don't think Ness will be rare after this restock. Most GS around me got a lot in. It was a 2-1 (3-1 in some places) ratio of Ness, and DDD.

ness amiibo.jpg
picard_clapping.gif

I know. I was making a joke. I did leave the Dedede's alone though. Even if Ness' value drops and can't make a decent trade for it when wave 5 hits, I'll just give it to my sister. She collects Amiibo as well, or as she likes to call them "Amoobis" like a little kid would mispronounce it.... She's 20

I don't want one, but even if I wanted to donate a grand to charity, I think I would bypass the middle man who simply promises to donate to a charity and go directly to the charity.
But then you wouldn't get that custom galaxy mario. ;) evilos is actually a pretty talented artist and fairly reputable. Don't get me wrong, I would never buy any of these customs because I just don't care enough about amiibo to have custom ones, but I do enjoy seeing how creative people can be.

I got to my local Gamestop at ten of 10, and there were 4 people in line.  3 were Gamestop employees or prior GS employees.  I asked one who was working there how many they had and he said there were 6 left, but no DDDs.  I'm not sure if "6 left" meant they had some saved for botched pre-orders or if they sold some early, but I got one for my gf, so it doesn't matter much.  Between Ness and the Comic-Con Funko Pops at Hot Topic and Barnes and Noble, it was an expensive lunch!  :whee:

No luck at my GSes... called two stores last night and one got 8 and sold all 8 that day. Second one had 10 but 4 were on hold for unfulfilled pre-orders, 3 were sold that day and the other 3 were for today. Call this morning when they opened an all of them were claimed. 

Figures that'd be my luck. :whistle2:

EDIT* Oh, and I just missed it online.. fantastic. 

No luck at my GSes... called two stores last night and one got 8 and sold all 8 that day. Second one had 10 but 4 were on hold for unfulfilled pre-orders, 3 were sold that day and the other 3 were for today. Call this morning when they opened an all of them were claimed.

Figures that'd be my luck. :whistle2:?
check the gamestop site, looks like they're in stock

Assuming they even answer the phone (my local Gamestops almost never do) they have a tendency to lie, especially if it's something they want to buy themselves. It's easier to just say "no I don't have this" than to check and see.

I guess it doesn't hurt to try though.
That's not really the point I was trying to make, but I see what you're saying. And I've experienced that disappointment several times at the Fuquay-Varina location. I never bother with that place.

However, they know me at the other five locations I live near/pass by in commute, enough to recognize my phone number/voice and some even remember my name. Heck, a few of the associates even enjoy helping me with my amiibo quest. So I will usually just call at the places that will actually check for me.

I called my local gamestop which I dread going to and sure enough they had Ness available. I almost caved and payed scalper prices a few days back as this little guy is the last to elude me. Not the the satisfaction of being 39/39 will last long with the impending wave...
39/39? Only 37 smash ones released so far though, at least in NA. I'm at 29/37 myself after getting Ness and Dedede today.

Quick question for everyone. Picked up my Ness and DDD today. With King DDD why does his box show his name for other countries? All my N.A. versions only show their english name.[attachment=15584:image.jpg]

Quick question for everyone. Picked up my Ness and DDD today. With King DDD why does his box show his name for other countries? All my N.A. versions only show their english name.
His amiiibo has always said the 3 names. Check your Captain Falcon, he also has the 3 foreign names too.

Casually walked in after work at 12. Got one of the four Ness on their shelf behind the counter and they had one D3 but I got him at launch at Meijer so i passed.

Recently got into amiibos and this morning decided to check the CAG amiibo thread for the first time. Noticed all the commotion for Ness and DDD restock. Waltzed down to my local Gamestop at 10:45AM not expecting anything since this is New York and there are probably tons of fans. Surprisingly empty store with probably a dozen Ness and half a dozen DDD behind the counter. 

Downtown Brooklyn location. Also had pacman, sonic, peach, yoshi

For the love of god please don't be TRU exclusive. Out of every single fucking fighter in the game, Mewtwo has become my favorite.... to say nothing of the nostalgia this would evoke from my time with Pokemon Blue and the Stadium games. For once Nintendo have a fucking heart, make this one available please?

And is there any word yet on if the 8-bit Mario pictured behind Mewtwo functions like the regular Mario amiibo in Mario Maker? I highly doubt it does. I'm extremely pissed that they are locking certain powerups behind this amiibo, and I'm not go ing through a tedious amiibo hunt just to unlock on disc content I should've gotten with my $60 to begin with.... I'd rather just not get the game at all.
TRU was the best experience of the store exclusives for me. I did line up early to get a pre-order, but they had extra Greninjas when I went to pick up my pre-order so I got one more for trade bait. The store actually had lots of extras in stock on release day and I heard about people getting some after they got off work at more than one store in town.

Heh heh my new D3 has "dirty" gloves. Battle-worn from...uh...swinging that mallet.

I've always loved his amiibo design, and playing with him/against him in Smash results in waves of nostalgia. Long live King Dedede--Kirby's most laughable nemesis.

I got Ness and would have picked up a Triple D if he hadn't sold out. As the old man who was there to buy a Cricket phone had said, "Man these people are going crazy for these toys..."

TRU was the best experience of the store exclusives for me. I did line up early to get a pre-order, but they had extra Greninjas when I went to pick up my pre-order so I got one more for trade bait. The store actually had lots of extras in stock on release day and I heard about people getting some after they got off work at more than one store in town.
So a few key stores in big cities were well stocked. Fantastic. We have 1 TRU in our town..... and when I say town I mean like a 50 mile radius The employee at the store told me they'd received 3 or 4 Greninja's, but when he arrived a few minutes before opening there were over 50 people in line.

Glad some people somewhere got them but that doesn't help me at all, especially if the store was letting you buy multiples like you said they were. At least Gamestop seems to be restricting all sales to 1 per person.

The really sad thing? That TRU was still better stocked than all 3 Target's in our area were with Jigglypuff.....

Last edited:
I picked up my DDD and Ness right at 10:00. there was only one other person there so we both got our King DDD!  I drove around to some other gamestops after to grab some of the used amiibos that are on sale now with the buy 3 get 50% off sale and 3 of the 4 stores had at least one DDD. They all had at least 5 Ness. This was around 12:00. There is hope if you cant get out until 4:00! 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back